- Effective professional experience of 8 years in the field of Information Technology industry focused on Systems/Network Administration , Cloud Computing and DevOps that includes the principles with Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment.
- Experience in Infrastructure, Development and Operations that involves AWS Cloud platforms , EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, RDS, SES, ELB, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Formation, Elastic Cache, Cloud Watch, SNS.
- Creative in automating, configuring and deploying instances on AWS, Azure , Rackspace cloud environments and Data centers.
- Skilled in initiating the enterprise infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS). Familiar with Inbound/Outbound in AWS Security groups according to the requirements.
- Expertise on Cloud that include AWS, Google CP, Azure, PaaS and environment automation tools using Cloud Formation, Chef, Puppet.
- Setting up data in AWS using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket.
- Ability to create new snapshots and delete old snapshots in S3 using S3 CLI tools .
- Experienced in Amazon EC2 setting up instances and setting up security groups.
- Creating snapshots and Amazon machine images (AMI) of the instances for backup and creating clone instance and can create complex Identity and access Management ( IAM ) policies for delegated administration within AWS .
- Familiar with services like AWS IoT and AWS Greengrass which are mostly used for the applications related to BigData.
- Familiar with cloud computing environments such as AWS and Google cloud environment . Collaborate with systems administrators and architects when necessary to perform system designs. Familiar with Virtual Machine tools such as VMWare and Virtual box .
- Lift and Shift Migration ( Multi - Cloud) 3,000 Applications to Amazon Web Services & Google Cloud Platform and Migrations with VMware Vcloud Director 5.1, KVM, Google Compute Services, Amazon Web Servers- Cloud Formation.
- Provide developer support and solutions to Google Cloud Platform customers, serving both as an expert technical consultant and as a liaison between the customers and engineering.
- Areas of support covered the entire Google Cloud Platform including: PaaS, Big Data, Storage, IaaS, monitoring and diagnostics, IP and VPN networking, HTTP and IP load balancing, REST API support, containers and other areas covering software development and Linux and Windows systems administration.
- Skilled in monitoring servers using Nagios, Datadog, Cloud watch and using ELK Stack Elastic Search Logstash.
- Experience in Issue Tracking tools JIRA, Remedy, Service Now and HP Quality Center
- Deployed and Supported Development infrastructure to include Mesosphere, Ansible, MySQL, Jenkins, GIT and ELK Stacks.
- Skilled in applying Git and repository management.
- Excellent in managing multiple corporate applications into GitHub code management repo. Creating user level of access for related GitHub project directories to the code changes.
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GitHub, Subversion (SVN) and TFS on Linux and windows platforms. Maintained and administered GIT source code tool.
- Experienced with migrating code base from SVN to GIT . Automated, designed and implemented continuous integration using GIT, Jenkins, Puppet and Hudson.
- Experienced in using Build and Automation tools including ANT and Maven . Expertise in using build automation tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts. Valuable experience in converting build.xml into pom.xml to build the applications using Maven .
- Strong knowledge in deploying and monitoring scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management using Puppet.
- Proficient in working on Chef with the help of Knife commands to manage Nodes.
- Examining Cookbooks using food critics, implemented chef Recipes and modified them to create a deployment into Amazon EC2 instances, Chef attributes, Chef Templates and Ohai .
- Have written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end-product configuration.
- Proficient in automating the code using Opscode , Chef and Python to build AWS environments autonomously.
- Extensively used Ruby scripting on Chef Automation for creating cookbooks comprising all resources, data bags, templates, attributes.
- Expertise in working with Puppet Enterprise and Puppet Open Source. Installed, configured, upgraded and managed Puppet Master, Agents & Databases.
- Skilled in Jenkins and created Jenkins pipeline for continuous integration and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Skilled in various Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Remedy, HP quality center and IBM clear quest .
- Troubleshooted and resolved issues related to application development, deployment and operations.
- Applied servers like Tomcat, WebLogic across Linux platforms as well as wrote shell scripts Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby scripting on Linux .
- Closely worked, implemented and administered with Nagios, Splunk and DataDog for monitoring purposes.
- Familiar with designing and deploying container-based production clusters using Docker.
- Capable of compiling on continuous delivery platform like Jenkins.
- Richly trained in Python, Ruby or shell scripting.
- Managed all the databases especially based on SQL in AWS Athena and created dashboards in AWS Quick Sight.
- Collaborated with the SW development teams and ensuring products and services are pushed into production.
Continuous Integration tools: GoCD, Jenkins, Bamboo
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
Containerization Tool: Dockers, Kubernetes
Version Control Tools: Subversion(SVN), GIT, GIT Hub
Build Tools: Ant, Maven
Cloud Environment: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform
AWS Services: EC2, ELB, VPC, RDS, AMI, IAM, Cloud formation, S3, Cloud watch, Cloud trial, SNS, SQS, EBS, Route 53, AthenaQuick Sight, Dynamo DB
Bug Tracking tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, IBM Clear Quest, HP Quality Center
Databases: Oracle, My SQL, NoSQL, DB2, MongoDB, Cassandra DB
Linux Flavors: Centos 6.5,7, Ubuntu, Red hat, Solaris.
Operating Systems: Windows 98/XP/NT/ 2000/2003/2008 , UNIX, Linux, UbuntuRHEL, Debian
Scripting Languages: Shell scripting, Java Script, Ruby, Python, Perl, Bash
Web/Application Servers: WebSphere, Apache, Tomcat, JBOSS, WebLogic
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, JQuery, Java Script, XML, JSON
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer , Auto scaling groups, Optimized volumes and EC2 instances.
- End to end deployment ownership for projects on Amazon AWS which includes scripting for automation, scalability, build promotions for staging to production.
- Set-up GoCD AWS CodeDeploy plug-in to deploy to AWS .
- Integrated Amazon CloudWatch with Amazon EC2 instances for monitoring the log files, store them and track metrics.
- Working on Multiple AWS instances, set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs .
- Created AWS S3 buckets, performed folder management in each bucket, Managed cloud trail logs and objects within each bucket.
- Utilization of Terraform for automated infrastructure deployments (ELB, EC2, Security Groups, VPC, Key Pairs, IAM)
- Created various Terraform scripts to deploy Kubernetes, Dev, QA and Pre-prod environments in AWS Cloud.
- Built Jenkins jobs to create AWS infrastructure from GitHub repos containing terraform code.
- Configured the Load Balancers and VPC with private subnets and performed troubleshooting for connectivity issues
- Creating fully automated CI/CD build and deployment infrastructure & processes for multiple projects using GoCD , Docker, Kubernetes, Helm and GitHub.
- Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant, auto scaling, Kubernetes AWS infrastructure and micro service container orchestration.
- Performed GIT/BitBucket migration and managed branching strategies using GIT flow workflow.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Involved in Development and Implementation of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) pipeline involving GoCD , Chef, Terraform and Docker containers to complete the automation from commit to deployment.
- Development and version control of Chef Cookbooks, testing of Cookbooks using Food critic and Test Kitchen and running recipes on nodes managed by on premise Chef Server.
- Worked on using Chef Attributes, Chef Templates, Chef Recipes, Chef Files for managing the configurations across various nodes using Ruby.
- Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and setup the automated build on Docker Hub and installed and configured Kubernetes .
- Worked with Docker for convenient environment setup for development and testing.
- Installed Docker Registry for local upload and download of Docker images and even from Docker hub.
- Wrote python scripts in lambda for automating few tasks like tagging the untagged EC2 volumes.
- Used the AWS trusted advisory for switching between the consoles.
- Implemented build stage to build the micro service and push the Docker container image to the private Docker registry .
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI's.
- Perform JIRA administration, setting up new projects, creating new workflows, adding users to roles.
- Used Dynamo DB for NoSQL databases, familiar with using AWS Redshift for managing the design, build and to maintain the Datawarehouse.
- Selected the correct storage service depending on the application or the platform.
- Used tracking tool JIRA and triaged the issues and maintained bugs using JIRA tool.
- Worked on implementing and administering monitoring tools DataDog .
- Created environment on AWS platform, AWS EMR cluster, Kafka Cluster, Cassandra Clusters and implemented system alerts on DataDog.
- Managed & performed environment related configuration changes as a part of deployment.
- Generated Bash scripts for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Created and wrote shell scripts (Bash), Ruby and Python for automating tasks.
- Involved in writing shell/bash scripts to automate the administrative tasks using Cron jobs and managing them in repository using GIT.
Environment : AWS, Docker, GoCD, Terraform, Kubernetes, JIRA, Ansible, DataDog, GIT, LINUX, Shell scripts.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Experienced Cloud and DevOps engineer in Automating, Configuring and deploying instances on AWS , Cloud environments and Data centers.
- Expertise in configuring the monitoring and alerting tools according to the requirement like AWS CloudWatch , AWS CloudTrail , Dynatrace , Nagios , Datadog , Splunk Enterprise for the VPN connections.
- Written Cloud Formation Templates (CFT) in JSON and YAML format to build the AWS services with the paradigm of Infrastructure as a Code.
- Worked with cloud configurations that include VPC, VPN, NACLs, Security Groups, Load Balancers, Auto-scaling, Route 53, EBS, and IAM roles.
- Configuring Auto scaling service and applying polices for Application Auto scaling.
- Worked on docker integration with Cloud foundry with private docker registries.
- Responsible for the EC2 cloud infrastructure within each user account VPC .
- Created and updated user IDs and security group tasks.
- Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant, auto scaling Kubernetes AWS infrastructure and microservice container orchestration.
- Debugging Chef Recipes and their execution trying to pull logs into Splunk and monitor deployments.
- Automated the cloud deployment using Chef, Python and AWS Cloud Formation Templates . Used Chef for unattended bootstrapping in AWS.
- Deployment of micro services via AWS Beanstalk and Lambda.
- Enterprise scale networks within cloud environment delivering SaaS solutions.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously can adapt to changing business needs.
- Write and implement the respective IAM policies as required per the respective services.
- Assist with the product evaluation, selection and implementation for respective managed services that require 3rd party products to support.
- Proficient with deployment and management of AWS services - including but not limited to: VPC, Route 53, ELB, EBS, EC2, S3.
- Automation scripting ability ( Bash/Shell, Python ) for AWS CLI and Lambda.
- Develop dashboard for client health and performance ( Node.js/Express backend / D3 frontend )
- Built new features for VMWare AppVolumes product in Node.js and Ruby on Rails frameworks.
- Deployment of micro services via AWS Beanstalk and Lambda .
- Migrated production infrastructure in to AWS utilizing AWS Cloud formation template, Codedeploy, EBS, and OpsWorks.
- Implemented flexible architecture for end to end file transfer including python Lambda, SQS, and SNS.
- Experienced in writing Lambda functions using python and setting up EC2 Compute Instances, etc.
- Used AWS for creating, importing and launching volumes, EC2, RDS, Lambda, security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers (ELBs), NACL in the defined VPC.
- Enterprise scale networks within cloud environment delivering SaaS solutions.
- Accessing AWS infrastructure for a web application that is based entirely on cloud, and testing end-end implementation compatibility on AWS using Ansible .
- Installation of Python and setting up SSH connection on remote nodes for configuring, managing and deploying software application on the nodes, using Ansible .
- Experience on Groovy Scripts for Web Service API Testing .
- Troubleshooting, event inspection and reporting of various puppet issues and starting/restarting of puppet enterprise services.
- Worked on Swagger API and auto-generated documentation for all REST calls.
- Worked on Deployment Automation of all microservices to pull image from private Docker registry and deploy to Kubernetes Cluster using Ansible .
- Installed Jenkins on a Linux , created master and slave configuration, and drove all microservices builds out to the Docker registry. Build scripts using Maven in Jenkins to move from one environment to other.
- Responsible for installing Jenkins master and slave nodes and configure Jenkins builds for continuous integration and delivery.
Environment: AWS Cloud, Python/Shell/Ruby/Groovy/Node.js/YAML Scripts, GIT Hub, Jenkins, Puppet, Docker, Ansible, Chef, Maven, ANT, Linux, Bash, Cloud Formation, ELK, Data bags, Kubernetes, New Relic, Nagios, Splunk, TFS
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Sr. DevOps/AWS engineer
- Created detailed AWS Security groups which behaves as virtual firewalls that controls the traffic allowed to reach one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Written Python scripts to automate AWS services which includes Web servers, ELB, Cloud Front distribution, Database, EC2 , database security groups and S3 bucket.
- Worked on Amazon AWS EC2 cloud services for installing, configuring and troubleshooting on various Amazon images like Amazon Linux AMI, RedHat, Ubuntu.
- Built massively scalable network-oriented software for the Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) service.
- Developed an Azure based high performance compute environment to support the massive computational requirements of client congressional redistricting Azure application.
- Built a presentation to present the design of hosting architecture on Windows Azure.
- Created a Virtual Network on Windows Azure to connect all the servers.
- Built and configured a virtual data center in the Amazon Web Services cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer.
- Integrated Amazon Cloud Watch with Amazon EC2 instances for monitoring the log files, store them and track metrics.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Involved in AWS, which included managing application in the cloud and creating instances.
- Configured security for WebSphere Application Server using federated repositories, Custom User Registry, Local OS Registry and LDAP Server and configuring SSL.
- Designed and Implemented MongoDB Cloud Manger for Google Cloud.
- Build, deploy, automation test control, generating reports and notification services with an end goal of continuous integration in a data center and cloud (AWS and Google Cloud) environment.
- Defined branching, labeling, and merge strategies for all applications in Git .
- I mplemented a Continuous Delivery framework using Git, Jenkins, Maven & Nexus, Puppet in Linux environment and Git, Maven, AWS S3, Jenkins, Docker.
- Automated AWS infrastructure via Ansible and Jenkins .
- Configured software and services using Ansible Playbooks.
- Extensively working on Continuous Integration(CI) and Continuous Delivery(CD) process implementation on tools like Jenkins along with Python and Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Worked in implementation team to build and engineer servers for Linux operating systems.
- Automated build process using Subversion (SVN) and ANT .
- Developed build and deployed scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Worked on setting up the Chef repo, Chef work stations and Chef nodes . Developed Chef recipes through Knife command-line tool to create Chef cookbooks to manage systems configuration.
- Managed schedule of the testing activities of different modules and ensuring process compliance and requirement confirmation.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process. Implanted a continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub .
- Used a GitHub branch on Jenkins continuous Integration server, to automatically build Docker container from it.
- Evaluated Docker container technology to replace some virtual environments.
- Worked on Ansible to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points, and Packages. Ansible to assist in building automation policies.
- Worked on Docker hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Used Docker for container management on chef and VMs .
Environment: Python/Shell/Perl/Ruby/PHP Scripts, GIT, Jenkins, puppet, Docker, Ansible, Chef, Maven, ANT, Linux, Bash, Cloud Formation, VMware, Tomcat Apache, JIRA.
Confidential, Anoka, MN
- Integrated and Developed Infrastructure stack, mainly AWS and VMware, one of our key product offerings required we maintain and support infrastructure for Azure, OpenStack, Rackspace, google cloud and others.
- Worked on IaaS managing Amazon Web Services ( AWS ) infrastructure with automation and configuration management i. Confidential . Chef .
- Boot strapped the nodes that were created using AWS EC2 virtual servers.
- Managed configuration of Web App and Deploy to AWS cloud server through Chef .
- Managed EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Puppet.
- Deployed a centralized log management system and integrated into Chef to be used by developers.
- Collaborated in the automation of AWS infrastructure via Terraform and Jenkins - software and services configuration via chef cookbooks.
- Improved our CD/CI pipeline by integrating Jenkins with a Kubernetes cluster running on AWS .
- Used Ansible to deploy secret files ( SSH private keys).
- Provided end-user training for all Subversion (SVN) users to effectively use the tool.
- Updated the SVN log properties for revisions and promoting the changes from trunk revisions to release branch.
- Managed the GIT using Nexus tool to automate the build process and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Performed WebLogic Server administration tasks such as installing, configuring, monitoring and performance tuning on Linux Environment.
- Rebooted the Linux Boxes after patching.
Environment: UNIX/LINUX, Jenkins, ANT, Chef, Maven, Perl, Python, Subversion, AWS, GIT, Jenkins, JIRA, Vagrant, Puppet, Ansible, WebSphere, GIT, AWS EC-2, Route 53, S3, VPC, EMR, SQS, Auto scaling, ELB, Shell Scripts.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Planned, deployed, monitored, and maintained Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure consisting of multiple EC2 nodes.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources , VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, EBS , Security Group, Auto Scaling , and RDS in Cloud Formation Json templates.
- Designed, Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system.
- Created Jenkins job to build the artifacts using Maven , deploy the Terraform templates to create the stack.
- Configured Git with Jenkins and schedule jobs using POLL SCM option.
- Provisioned and maintained Amazon AWS server provisioning via Chef . This included the provisioning of the instances , ELBs, DNS. Also, contributed code to the Jenkins-AWS module on GitHub as part of this.
- Used Ansible to orchestrate software upgrades and verify functionality.
- Experienced in writing Ansible scripts and heavy Shell, Perl, Python, and JSON scripting.
- Launched Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services (Linux/ Ubuntu) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Launched and configured MySQL instances on both EC2 and RDS.
- Created scripts for systems administration and AWS using languages such as BASH and Python .
- Responsible for managing the chef client nodes and upload the cookbooks to chef -server from workstation.
- Set up continuous integration between Jenkins , Artifactory , and Gradle.
- Experience customizing Gradle build scripts to accommodate project's needs.
- Gradle pipeline to convert .jar to .exe then build and installer to install the.exe
- Managed servers on the Amazon Web Services ( AWS ) platform instances using Puppet, Chef Configuration management. Worked with the automated scripts for the Build and Deployment of the applications.
- Knowledge on Cloud formation templates and deployed AWS resources using it.
- Managed AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef .
Environment : AWS, Jenkins, RHEL, Python, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, IaaS, PaaS, Azure, Subversion, Bash, Hudson, NT Command Shell, Java/J2EE, SOA, SOAP, REST, Maven, Ansible, JIRA, XML, Java, SQL.
Confidential, Birmingham, AL
- Performed Deployment of Release to various QA & UAT in Linux environments. Responsible for code build, release and configuration on Amazon EC2 .
- Actively involved in architecture of DevOps platform and cloud solutions.
- Familiar with Open stack functionality in comparison to AWS .
- Used Jenkins for the Continuous Integration, and Monitoring tool (Open Source) to replace Nagios for monitoring the health of all the critical applications and server’s health.
- Reviewed, created, and modified Jenkins build configurations and templates by the COT team.
- Maintained and released Puppet modules, classes, functions, facts, types and providers.
- Used Puppet tool to verify that our Puppet manifests satisfy certain expectations without even having to run Puppet . Based on this testing framework for Ruby programs, wrote test cases for Puppet manifests that are especially useful to catch bugs caused by regressions and refactoring problems.
- Performed Linux deployments utilizing RHEL Kickstart. Later setup a basic Puppet environment to support rapid deployment and centralized configuration management.
Environment: Ruby, Jenkins, Python, Puppet, Subversion, JIRA, ANT, Maven, OpenStack, Artifactory, Git, Ubuntu, CentOS.
Build and Release engineer
- Maintained the overall SVN architecture, that includes setting up branching process, setting up user accounts, and maintaining the user access across the organization as a admin.
- Worked with System Administrators to upgrade multiple environments for various application releases including setup/configuration of Jboss Clusters across Linux ( Ubuntu ) platforms.
- Worked on configuring Puppet Master Servers and installing Puppet client software on Linux servers. Deployed Puppet , Puppet Dashboard, and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Closely worked with Development, QA , and other teams to ensure automated test efforts are tightly integrated with the build system and in fixing the error while doing the deployment and building.
- Troubleshooting Network , memory, CPU , swap and file system issues, TCP / IP , NFS , DNS and SMTP in Linux Servers.
- Created and managed Change Requests for all non-prod environment, production releases, and patches.
- Performed weekly and on-call deployments of application code to production environments.
Environment : Linux/Unix (Redhat, Ubuntu), Shell Scripting, SVN, Maven, ANT, Java/J2EE, Jenkins, Puppet, AWS, Junit, Tibco, Jira, Udeploy, Urban Code Deploy Documented release, builds and source control processes and plans.
- Assisted in physically installing, racking and cabling new Linux/Solaris Hardware.
- Maintained backups and restores of the Production and Development data.
- Network Attached Storage Implementations.
- Windows Server and Desktop administration.
- Installed Patches and Packages on Red Hat Linux and Solaris servers.
- Prepared Technical Design Specification Documents ( TDS ) and SOW required for data center migration.
- Applied software maintenance, program fixes and keeping the system software releases current.
- Analyzed the logs, problem determination, Recovered and restarted.
- Configured SSH for secure telnet and FTP connections.
- Documented all the installation procedures, changes required in present environment.
- Responded to emergency calls relating to server performance, diagnosis of problems, repairing problems or calling upon appropriate vendors to resolve the issue.
- Prepared monthly work status report.
- Updated the technology with specific documents.
- Fine tuning of Servers and configuring networks for optimum performance.
Environment: Red Hat/Linux 4, SUSE 9, Shell Scripting, Bash, RHEL 4.x/5.x, JBoss 4.0, Perl Scripting, Apache, Oracle.