Result driven professional with 8+ years of IT experience within video telecommunication/cable, card payment & mortgage industry. Key strengths in Linux Administration, Quality Assurance, Business Analysis, Data Analytics, Networking, Capacity Planning and Project Management.
TECHNICAL & SOFTWARE SKILLS:
Linux Admin: CentOS, Apache, Tomcat, WinSCP, FTP, Samba, NFS, Nagios, Omd, Jira.
Testing: MacOS, iOS, QTP, Winrunner, Load runner, Rational, HPQC, Test Director, HPALM, Jira.
Networking: TCP/IP, UDP, Tcpdump, Wireshark, HTML, CSS, XML, SoapUI, DOCSIS.
Analytics: Python libraries, SQL, Tableau, R, SAS, Excel, Access, Oracle 10g, SQL Server 2012, MySQL.
Confidential, Billerica, MA
Linux System Administrator
- Created Linux/Unix/Window Virtual Machines using VMware.
- Installed and Configured VMware ESXi Hypervisor on the Physical Hardware.
- Installed, Configured and Administered LINUX (Red Hat, Centos O.S).
- Installed, configured and supported Apache web servers.
- Managed system process in areas like Boot Process, startup and system shutdown.
- Managed System Network configuration and maintenance.
- Deployed open source softwares like Apache, Tomcat, Jenkins, Nagios, Omd e.t.c.
- Monitored via Nagios, Check MK and OpenNMS to ensure consistent awareness of application.
- Troubleshoot issues with Linux Systems and Configuration files
- Installed and configured Red Hat Linux locally or over the network kick start - (nfs, ftp, http)
- Set-up directory shares with NFS servers and configuring clients ( /etc/exports, /etc/fstab )
- Installed, configured and administered MySQL Servers troubleshooting issues related to TCP/IP.
- Installed and configured RedHat Linux using Kickstart Servers and Interactive Installation.
- Provided support for Linux applications while resolving issues with OS install and kickstart failures.
- Responsible for daily tasks such as user setup, group setup, install and upgrading new machines on RHEL.
- Resolved network & DNS related issues.
- Troubleshoot and maintained TCP/IP, Apache HTTP/S, SMTP, and DNS applications
- Proactively used NetCool to monitor web servers, data servers, routers, and firewalls.
- Installed and configured SAMBA server for Windows and Linux connectivity.
- Maintained and Troubleshoot FTP Servers and SAMBA Servers.
- Created and managed User Accounts and Permissions on Linux servers.
- Everyday monitoring of health and memory usage of servers and web applications running Apache and Tomcat
- Performed Installation, Configuration, Integration, Tuning, Backup, Crash recovery, Upgrades, Patching e.t.c.
- Worked on JIRA ticketing tool to resolve issues and assign tickets to particular users and track their status.
- Handled LVM related tasks, Creating and resizing LVM.
- Documented all our build deploy methods, release calendar and desk procedures on Confluence.
- Initiated Confluence Wiki implementation for team collaboration and knowledge base building.
Confidential, Radnor/Downingtown, PA
Sr. QA Engineer
- Tested Guide, DVR, VOD, Caller ID, ITV, PPV, Parental Control, mDVR, Widgets, SDV on multiple devices like Cisco, SA, Pace, Motorola, Arris, Samsung STBs, Routers, mobile devices and data on multiple platforms & programs in home networking lab.
- These applications are deployed in production on Confidential video cable network. Tested and maintained Confidential Guide, eTV/Interactive applications, systems and data on multiple platforms & programs.
- These applications are deployed in production on Ads Insertion Systems, Video on Demand Systems and Billing Systems on Confidential cable network.
- Responsible for testing next generation consumer systems, Mobile & STB devices, applications and technologies that deliver video solutions.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Worked as Test Engineer on Confidential customer care applications, Advertising Insertion Systems, PMG, ETAG, EBIF and Video Content Management, Publishing and delivery Systems.
Confidential, Sterling, VA
- Worked on Talkback, a diagnostic tool that primarily detects crashes, terminations, hangs, and application defined problems.
- Detected incidents, collected diagnostic data on AOL servers.
- Viewed and analyzed reports and incidents data via a web interface.
Confidential, Akron, OH
- Participated in testing and analyzing a lending application software ( Confidential ) that provide mortgage solutions for individuals, banks, credit unions, mortgage bankers and brokers.
- The application streamlines, integrates and optimizes all phases of the loan process.