- Over all 7+ years of professional IT experience in System Administration, Software Development, Configuration, Build and Release Engineering, DevOps Engineering, Automation, and Cloud Computing Platforms like AWS , Microsoft Azure , Google Cloud .
- Experienced in provisioning Amazon EC2 instances, AMI, Elastic Load Balancer (ELB) and Elastic Block Storage volumes (EBS). Also created snapshots and Amazon machine images (AMIs) of the instances for backup and creating clone instances.
- Experienced in supporting AWS Cloud environment with multiple AWS instances and configured Elastic IP & Elastic Storage and have good knowledge with security groups .
- Good knowledge on configuring instances and backups to S3 bucket.
- Good knowledge on migrating On - premises applications and data onto AWS Cloud, leveraging the usage of different services available in AWS like AWS Direct Connect , S3 Transfer Acceleration , AWS Snowball Edge , Server migration service and Data Base migration service with live migration of applications implementing Hybrid Migration Strategy.
- Designed and distributed data across all the nodes in a Cluster on different availability zones in AWS Redshift and experienced in automating the infrastructure using Terraform in AWS console.
- Experienced in Blue/green deployment strategy by creating new applications which are identical to the existing production environment using CloudFormation templates & Route53 weighted record sets to redirect traffic from the old version to the new version via DNS.
- Experienced working with application and architecture teams to conduct proof of concept (POC) and implement the design in a production environment in AWS.
- Excellent knowledge in Migrating servers, databases, and applications from on premise to AWS and Google Cloud Platform
- Used Google Cloud Platform (GCP) services like Compute Engine, Cloud Functions, Cloud DNS, Cloud Storage and SaaS, PaaS and IaaS concepts of Cloud computing architecture and implementation using GCP.
- Experienced in provisioning of IaaS, PaaS, SaaS virtual machines and web/worker roles on Microsoft Azure classic and Azure Resource manager.
- Experienced in configuring Azure web apps, Azure App services, Azure Application insights, Azure Application gateway, Azure DNS, Azure Traffic manager, Azure Network Watcher, Implementing azure Site.
- Designed Network Security Groups (NSGs) to control inbound and outbound access to network interfaces (NICs), VMs and Subnets.
- Experienced working with Docker components like Docker Engine, Docker Hub, Docker Machine, creating Docker images, Docker Compose and handling multiple images and setting up development & testing environment using Docker Swarm and Docker Container network.
- Worked on Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, Config Maps, selector services and deployed application containers as Pods.
- Good understanding of OpenShift platform in managing Docker containers, Kubernetes Clusters.
- Experience in using Jenkins and pipelines to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, created Pods and managed using Kubernetes. Managed a PaaS for deployments using Docker, Kubernetes and Chef, Puppet which reduced considerably deployment risks.
- Proficient in application Deployments & Environment configuration using Ansible, Chef, Puppet.
- Automated the installation of ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana) agent with Ansible playbook.
- Used ansible as configuration management tool and written playbooks for server provisioning, software installation and deployment activities. Used ansible for multimode configuration management over SSH and PowerShell.
- Used Ansible Tower to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manages change by writing YAML code to automate Cloud Deployment Process.
- Experienced in configuring Chef Server/Workstation and Bootstrapping Nodes, wrote Chef Cookbooks and recipes using Ruby Script. Performed testing with Kitchen and unit testing.
- Good knowledge in using Puppet to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical applications, and proactively manage changes.
- Extensively used ANT/Maven as build tools to generate artifacts and created SonarQube reporting dashboard to run the analysis for every project.
- Experienced in using Nexus and JFrog Artifactory Repository Managers for Maven builds.
- Good working knowledge on source code management tools like Git, GitLab, Bitbucket, SVN.
- Experienced in installing, configuring and managing of databases such as SQL Server, MySQL, NoSQL, DB2, PostgreSQL, Oracle, DynamoDB, MongoDB & Cassandra.
- Good knowledge in various network services like DNS, NFS, CIFS, FTP, NIS, Samba Server, LDAP, Remote access, Security management and system troubleshooting skills.
- Expertise in Python, Perl, Bash, Ruby scripting languages for deploying applications on servers. Good knowledge on maintaining of application servers like Apache, Tomcat, JBoss etc.
- Monitored the servers and checked the network performance using Nagios, Splunk, CloudWatch and logging tool ELK (Elastic, Logstash and Kibana).
- Experienced in creating and managing User accounts, Groups, Profiles, Security, Disk space and Process monitoring in Debian and RedHat Linux.
- Experienced in Selected Microcontroller, IDE, Debugger tools, RTOS, and Compiler.
- Good knowledge in software unit testing, functional testing, integration testing and regression testing.
- Experienced in issue management tools JIRA, Clear Quest and Quality center.
- Good experience in working with a team together to deliver best outputs in given time frames. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to interact with people at all levels.
Operating System: Linux (Red Hat, CENTOS & SUSE), Ubuntu, Sun Solaris, DEBAINHP-UX, Windows.
CI & CM Tools: Jenkins/Hudson, Bamboo, TeamCity, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Vagrant
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Gradle
Cloud Environment: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
Application servers: ECS (Elastic Container Service), Docker
Orchestration Tools: Kubernetes, Docker swarm, and Apache Mesos.
Version control Tools: SVN, GIT, GITHUB, Bitbucket, ClearCase
Scripting: Python, Ruby, Perl, Groovy, Shell Scripting and Power Shell
Agile: Scrum, Waterfall, Kanban
Bug Tracking Tools: Jira, ServiceNow, IBM Clear Quest
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, Java Script, Bootstrap
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, AWS Cloud Watch, Splunk, and ELK.
Application Servers: Tomcat, JBOSS, Apache, IIS, WebSphere, WebLogic
Networking Protocols: FTP, TCP/IP, HTTP, POP, UDP, SMTP
Confidential, Manassas, Virginia
- Developed strategy for cloud migration and implementation of best practices using AWS services like database migration service, AWS server migration service from on-premises to cloud.
- Designed and converted existing AWS infrastructure to ‘Server-less’ architecture deployed via Terraform which includes AWS Elastic Beanstalk for app deployments.
- Worked on AWS Lambda with Amazon Kinesis and integrated Dynamo DB using Lambda for value storage and for streams backup.
- Developed Terraform scripts for build, change and version infrastructure as code using AWS as provider and launched multi-tiered stack to be provisioned and configured with Terraform scripts.
- Designed AWS cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, to set up IAM policies for users, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications, database templates and Security groups using Python (BOTO & AWS CLI) and JSON Templates.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS CloudWatch/Nagios and assigned AWS elastic IP addresses to work around host or availability zone failures by quickly re-mapping the address to another running instance.
- Setup GCP Firewall rules to allow or deny traffic to and from the VM's instances based on specified configuration and used GCP cloud CDN (content delivery network) to deliver content from GCP cache locations drastically improving user experience and latency.
- Created clusters of instances running on Kubernetes and pushing them into Google Cloud using Jenkins and deploying them into hosting environments using GCP' s Containers as a Service ( CAAS ).
- Maintained and developed Docker images for a tech stack including Cassandra , Kafka , Apache , and several in-house written Java services running on Google Cloud Platform (GCP ) on Kubernetes .
- Performed day-to-day operation and troubleshooting of VMs and Docker swarm in Google Cloud Platform .
- Created and deployed Kubernetes pod definitions, tags, labels, multi-pod container replication. Managed multiple Kubernetes pod containers scaling, and auto-scaling. Used the Kubernetes dashboard to monitor and manage the services.
- Worked on installing, configuring and managing Docker Containers, Docker Images for Web Servers and Applications and Implemented Docker-maven-plugin in Jenkins and maven pom to build Docker images for all microservices and later used Docker file to build the Docker images from the java jar files.
- Created Docker images using a docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes and virtualized servers in Docker as per QA and Dev-environment requirements and configured automation using Docker containers.
- Worked on Docker-Compose, Docker-Machine to create Docker containers for testing applications in the QA environment and automated the deployments, scaling and management of containerized applications.
- Worked with Ansible and Packer to build Jenkins master AMI . This includes Groovy to configure plugins configuration files and jobs deployed with DSL plug-in, Ruby and Vagrant file to help with testing of that AMI and a Python script to help rotate old versions of the AMI .
- Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system. Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points, and Packages , worked with automation/configuration management using Ansible and created playbooks in YAML to automate the development processes.
- Added required images to Vagrant and created servers out of Images for testing and Automated infrastructure build-out and systems provisioning using Ansible and Ansible Tower .
- Run Jenkins on-top of Kubernetes to drive all automation with web-hooks tied into our Bitbucket system.
- Automated the Migration of the Jenkins server to AWS and moving of the jobs from the SCM Bitbucket.
- Created test branches from the master branch of each repository on Bitbucket to perform testing of Gradle upgrade to LSR and then assisted DEV teams to do the same successfully.
- Worked with different scripting languages such as Groovy, Python as a part of writing scripts for the automation tasks like release processes, applications migration, and monitoring application health during migration etc.
- Deployed and configured JIRA, both hosted and local instances for issue tracking, workflow collaboration, and tool-chain automation.
- Used monitoring tools like Nagios to improve application performance, helps to get the visibility & business context to meet business demands.
- Well versed with Software development (SDLC), Test life cycle (STLC), and Bug life cycle and worked with testing methodologies like agile methodology (SCRUM) with an in-depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM).
Environment: AWS, MAVEN, Nexus, Ansible, Chef, Terraform, Jenkins CI/CD, Nagios, Jira, SHELL, Python, Ruby, VPC, Autoscaling, Apache, JBoss, Nginx, Tomcat, Bitbucket, Docker, Kubernetes, GCP, Service now, Cassandra, Kafka, Blue/green deployment.
Confidential, Madison, WI
DevOps/ Azure Engineer
- Designed, installed, administered, and optimized hybrid cloud components to ensure business continuity (i.e. Azure AD, ADFS, SSO & VPN Gateways.).
- Involved in the design and development of web application in C#.NET, ASP. Net, User Controls and deployment in the cloud environment.
- Worked on various Azure services like Compute (Web Roles, Worker Roles), Azure Websites, Caching, SQL Azure, NoSQL, Storage, Network services, Azure Active Directory, API Management, Scheduling, Auto Scaling, and PowerShell Automation.
- Developed ASP.NET Web API services to return JSON and XML Format.
- Provided high availability for IaaS VMs and PaaS role instances for access from other services in the VNet with Azure internal Load Balancer.
- Successfully migrated companies from various environments into Office 365 Cloud Services.
- Identifying opportunities to improve infrastructure that effectively and efficiently utilizes the Microsoft Azure Windows server 2008/2012/R2, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Visual Studio, Windows PowerShell, Cloud infrastructure.
- Designed Network Security Groups (NSGs) to control inbound and outbound access to network interfaces (NICs), VMs and subnets.
- Used Azure terraform to deploy the infrastructure necessary to create development, test and production environments for software development process.
- Created and written Chef Cookbooks with additional requested packages and prompted Jenkins to pull the code from GitHub and deployed them in various non-production environments.
- Wrote Chef Cookbooks to automate the installation and update process of Apache Tomcat, MySQL and Java in the horizontal clusters by using CI Jenkins pipelining. Responsible for version control of Chef Cookbooks, testing of Cookbooks using Test Kitchen and running recipes on nodes managed by on premise Chef Server.
- Integrated Maven, Ant, GitHub in Jenkins to build and deploy artifacts to Nexus Artifactory.
- Worked in handling multiple docker images primarily for middleware installation and domain configurations.
- Achieved continuous delivery goal on high scalable environment using Docker coupled with load balancing tool Nginx.
- Managed major architectural changes from single server large software system to a distributed system with Kubernetes orchestration.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins Master-Slave setup by enabling password less SSH login between server and nodes to manage and distribute the build work load evenly across different nodes.
- Configured central and distributed repository and assisted developers with branching, labeling/naming conventions using Subversion (SVN) and Git source control.
- Involved in creating Dynatrace and SPLUNK dashboards for business defined KPI’s (Key Performance Indicator ) and performance dashboards for applications performance monitoring using application insights and Dynatrace SAAS.
- Created Pre-commit hooks in shell/bash for authentication with JIRA-Pattern Id while committing codes, limiting file size code and file type and restricting development team to check-in while code commit and resolved update, merge and password authentication issues in JIRA.
Environment: JAVA, Azure, .Net, ASP.Net, PowerShell, Office 365, Terraform, Chef, GIT, Jenkins, Apache Tomcat, Maven, ANT, Nexus, Docker, Kubernetes, Nginx, Subversion (SVN), Bash, Shell, JIRA.
- Design and deploy multi-tier applications using all the AWS services like (EC2, Route53, S3, Relational Database RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud Formation.
- Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2, auto-scaling, and VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts.
- Implemented Security groups for inbound/outbound access, network ACLs for controlling traffic through subnets, Internet Gateways, NAT instances and Route Tables to direct the network traffic and to ensure secure zones for organizations in AWS public cloud.
- Used AWS cloud services to launch Linux and windows machines, created security groups and written basic PowerShell scripts to take backups and mount network shared drives.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS Cloud Watch.
- Implemented Docker to provision slaves dynamically as needed. Created and Maintained Dockerfiles in Source Code Repository build images and ran containers for applications and testing purposes. Creating and handling multiple Docker images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Managed Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as puppet or custom-built cloud-host solutions.
- Implemented PUPPET Master, PUPPET Console and PUPPET Agents, Create PUPPET modules and Classes.
- Written modules for Installation and Updating of Yum repositories on the Server using Puppet infrastructure.
- Actively involved in architecting the puppet infrastructure to manage servers in different environments. And implemented puppet modules for server housekeeping.
- Created and maintained continuous integration (CI) using tools Jenkins/Maven over different environments to facilitate an agile development process which is automated and repeatable enabling teams to safely deploy code many times a day while ensuring operational best practices are supported.
- Releasing code to testing regions or staging areas according to the schedule published.
- Involved in writing pom.xml files to establish the code quality tools integration.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, Mavenization of Java projects and managing Maven repositories.
- Performed SVN to GIT/Bitbucket migration and managed branching strategies using GIT workflow. Managed User access control, Triggers, workflows, hooks, security and repository control in Bitbucket.
- Worked with bug tracking tool ServiceNow and used to create tickets, generate reports on different bug issues and tickets.
- Good Understanding of developing and testing enterprise products, with current focus on cloud-based application and giving solution to challenges imposed by multi data center deployed SaaS products and their needs for DevOps tools and automation.
Environment: SVN, GIT, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, AWS EC2, WebLogic, TOMCAT, Python Scripts, Perl Scripts, Ruby Scripts, XML, Unix, JIRA.
Build & Release Engineer
- Build and release software baselines, code merges, branch and label creation and interfaced between development and infrastructure. Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion support for different projects.
- Maintained necessary back-up of the important files and documented Linux scripts for future reference.
- Monitored the servers and Linux scripts regularly and performed troubleshooting steps - Tested and installed the latest software on server for end-users.
- Extensive experience with Version Control Management, Project Management, Work Item Customization, Build Services, Release Management, Reporting using TFS.
- Researched and implemented code coverage and unit test plug-ins with Jenkins and Installed Groovy plugin to Jenkins and worked on groovy scripts to add support for groovy projects.
- Configured Jenkins with SVN for appropriate release builds. Scheduled automated nightly builds using Subversion.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Building and monitoring in the project has been done continuously with a CI Tools like Jenkins.
- Deployment of the Business processes by creating JAR, WAR and EAR files to IBM WebLogic application servers.
- Created build/deploy documentation in confluence for various applications.
- Wrote Puppet manifests files for all applications to manage the configuration files and to manage them as services.
- Implemented Puppet applies using Subversion and Cron jobs.
- Created views and appropriate meta-data, performed merges, and executed builds on a pool of dedicated build machines.
- Installed packages using YUM and Red hat Package Manager (RPM) on various servers.
- Designed workflows, screens, field configurations and components as part of Projects definition for JIRA as an administrator.
- Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, and managing artifacts in NEXUS repository.
- Implemented Subversion branching and merging operations for Java Source Code.
- Configured Jenkins daily periodic backups for Jenkins config and plugins files.
- Integrated Jenkins Build pipeline plugin for managing multi project jobs efficiently.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like Apache Tomcat.
Environment: JAVA, Linux, Jenkins, Groovy, SVN, ANT, Maven, IBM WebLogic, Confluence, Puppet, JIRA, Nexus, Apache Tomcat
- Main role for installation, configuration, management of RedHat Enterprise Linux, Windows Server, Customization, Site, Template, Content Management, Collaboration, Workflow, Reports.
- Created groups, added Users ID to a group as a primary or secondary group, removing Users ID from a group as well as adding users in Sudoers file.
- Design and implement a DNS/DHCP solution to replace current aging system. Solution required 99.9% uptime via Linux clustering.
- Managed Network troubleshooting applications TCP/IP including Ethernet, IP addressing & Sub netting, routing.
- Performing establishment, setup, redesigns, Package organization and support for Linux frameworks on customer side utilizing RPM and YUM.
- Troubleshooting Linux network, security related issues, capturing packets using tools such as Iptables, firewall, TCP wrappers, NMAP.
- Analyze and resolve compilation and deployment errors related to code development, branching, merging and building of source code. And Key role for end to end management and deployment.
- Responsible for Installation, Configuration, Capacity Planning and Administration of SQL Server database servers cluster
- Executed Backup and disaster recovery for Application Files and SQL Server databases.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like Web logic and executed document sharing on a system by designing NFS on the frameworks to share fundamental resources.
- Written scripts in python to automate log rotation of multiple logs from web servers.
- Having production experience supporting and deploying to web application servers such as Web logic, Apache Tomcat, and Apache HTTPD servers.
- Installed, Configured, and administered DNS, LDAP, NFS, NIS, and Send mail on Red Hat Linux Servers.
- Submitting RCA to Users. (Root cause analysis (RCA) is a systematic process for identifying “root causes” of problems or events and an approach for responding to them. RCA is based on the basic idea that effective management requires more than merely “putting out fires” for problems that develop but finding a way to prevent them.)
- Scheduled various regular and periodic tasks by using crontab.
Environment: RedHat Linux, SQL, Web Logic, Python, Tomcat, Apache HTTPD