- Disciplined and driven IT Security professional with distinguished active duty military service in the Confidential .
- A proven record of effective planning and organizing of complex IT system design and configuration.
- Excellent knowledge of both network infrastructure and computer security.
- A motivated initiative taker with a customer focused, professional demeanor who excels at interpersonal communication and attention to detail.
- Offering a well - balanced blend of practical skills, leadership, and intellectual curiosity to potential employers.
- Strong root cause diagnosis, analysis, and troubleshooting of network and network security related disruptions. Most successful in a dynamic, challenging, and fast paced environment.
- Emphasis on Network Infrastructure and Cyber Security.
SIEM tools: Splunk ES, AlienVault
Cisco Firepower: IDS/IPS, Confidential NX
Endpoint Protection: Symantec (SEP), Carbon Black, Darktrace
Vulnerability assessment: Nessus SCCV
Cisco Routers and Switches: R1841, R2960, 2950, Catalyst 3550
Windows Desktop Administration: XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10
CND/CNE methodologies: session hijacking, DDOS, packet sniffing, ARP poisioning.
Confidential, Sterling, VA
Cyber Security Analyst / SOC Analyst
- Monitor and analyze network traffic and security alerts.
- Investigate intrusion attempts and perform in-depth analysis of exploits.
- Provide network intrusion detection expertise to support timely and effective decision making of when to declare an incident.
- Conduct proactive threat hunting a related threat research.
- Review security events that are populated in a Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) system
- Analyze a variety of network and host-based security appliance logs (Firewalls, NIDS, HIDS, Sys Logs, etc.) to determine the correct remediation actions and escalation paths for each incident.
- Independently follow procedures to contain analyze and eradicate malicious activity.
- Document all activities during an incident and provide leadership with status updates during the life cycle of the incident.
- Provide information regarding intrusion events, security incidents, and other threat indications and warning information to the client.
- Track security trends, statistics, and key figures for each client
- Assist with the development of processes and procedures to improve incident response times, analysis of incident, and overall SOC functions
Confidential, Manassas, VA
Cyber Security Analyst / Incident Response Analyst
- Responsible for incident response work including analyzing security events, identifying false positives vs. real threats, identifying host involvement, comparing scan results, analyzing Splunk logs, and prioritizing incidents/events.
- Responsible for Malware Analytics ( Confidential ) & Vulnerability Assessments (Nessus) by investigating events similar in complexity to Bash attempts and SQL injections.
- Work with Forensic Support working with remote contractor sites to extract data requested by our government SOC counterparts.
- Helps develop training and SOP material.
- Using Security Tool Management, troubleshoots and supports the restoration of security tool degradation and outages.
- Through network monitoring, works on the identification of resource management, hung processes and routing configuration issues.
- Help resolve Tier II incidents and events.
- Assist NOC counterparts when necessary.
Confidential, Sterling, VA
Oracle Identity Management Systems Administrator / Information Security Analyst
- Oracle Identity and Access Management 11G PS1 administrator.
- Lead analyst for migration of OIM related processes and procedures between vendor
- Provisioned, revoked, and disabled access across enterprise system using OIM (Oracle Identity Manager).
- Worked with Database, Storage, and Linux/Unix teams to resolve issues related to OIM.
- Corrected missing feed files, monitored scheduled jobs through sysadmin console.
- SSH to UNIX boxes in order to troubleshoot server related issues, gather log files, and reboot servers from Linux command line.
- Worked with Oracle support vendors to optimize system performance.
- Performed all facets of C&A (certification and accreditation) campaign for access.
- Monitored server health of all related Oracle servers.
- Provided regular, frequent, and concise contact with Executive level personnel throughout the enterprise.
- Provided user training to Junior Security Analysts and Help Desk Staff on responsible systems.
- RSA Administration:
- Performed “SuperAdmin” tasks in RSA Console server to include:
- System maintenance and upgrade
- Assisted in the implementation of Web-Tier system for Multi-factor authentication and bulk provisioning of software tokens.
- Provisioned RSA token to user profiles in accordance with company regulation.
Confidential, Sterling, VA
Senior Help Desk Analyst
- Performed technical tasks alongside teams of Network Engineers to diagnose and troubleshoot LAN/WAN network related issues, determining root cause, facilitate, validate, and verify full system restoration.
- Extensive experience with Active Directory account management through password reset and GPO assignment.
- Assisted in implementation of change management for ServiceNow across enterprise IT infrastructure.
- Remote support for clients via VDI - LanDesk Remote Management, Dameware Utilities, and Windows RDP.
- Provided attentive and diligent customer support to internal and external clients.
- Anticipated and identified customer needs, provided prompt resolution or escalation of issue(s) ensuring the highest satisfaction of clients.
- Documented and maintained detailed documentation of reported network, security, hardware and software related issues.
- Developed and presented concise, relevant, and meticulously accurate reports to management and senior leadership to evaluate help desk performance.
- Actively responded to incoming calls, emails, and self-service tickets ensuring Service Level Agreements (SLAs) remain consistently under agreement levels.
- Executed succinct communication giving careful consideration to technical and non-technical staff and end users to ensure seamless interactions.
- Promoted a team environment by mentoring and training junior members of staff, in addition to being the go-to source for operational guidance throughout the department.
- Designed training outlines and knowledge base for department in use by approximately 15 staff members.
Confidential, Winchester, VA
- Installation and setup of new desktop and network equipment.
- Windows OS upgrades from XP and Vista to Windows 7.
- Analyzed, troubleshoot, and resolved PC and network related issues in a timely manner to reduce the amount of down-time.
- Performed PC and laptop hardware diagnosis and repair.
- Resolved issues related to networked computer peripherals that included printers, scanners, copiers, and fax machines.
- Troubleshoot and resolved issues related to malware infections and educated end users with the issues surrounding computer and network security.
- Created and maintained detailed work logs identifying user issues and problem resolution.
- Worked alongside a team of Network Engineers to build WLANs for small businesses.
- Assisted users with mobile device setup for both Android and Apple mobile devices.
Confidential, Harrisonburg, VA
Help Desk Specialist
- Worked with the Global IT Asset Manager, IT Supervisor, and IT Manager to manage hardware and software assets for Confidential .
- Verified software installations on deployed systems to accurately distribute software licenses.
- Modified asset tracking databases to ensure software was assigned appropriately.
- Imaged, configured, and deployed Windows and Macintosh laptops
- Consistently delivered exceptional end user customer service and provided technical assistance to all staff members.
- Installed and managed LANDesk to workstations and laptops to entire company.