- Experience in working as a Linux / DevOps engineer for release automation and to achieve continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI and CD).
- Experience and specialization in system administration, working on Red Hat Linux , Oracle Enterprise Linux , Solaris, SUSE Linux , AIX, and CentOS .
- Hands on experience on installing and configuring & upgradation of Red Hat Linux 5.x 6.x, 7.x, Oracle Enterprise Linux 5.x, 6.x, SUSE Linux, Solaris 8/9/10, Dell, IBM and HP x 86 Servers .
- Experience with configuration management tools like Chef and Ansible.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
- Implemented Continuous Integration and deployment using various CI Tools like Jenkins and Hudson .
- Experience in working on version control systems like Subversion and GIT.
- Proficient with Docker based container deployments to create shelf environments for dev teams and containerization of environment delivery for releases
- Excellent experience with virtualization technologies like KVM and VMware vSphere , VMware ESXi, Vcenter and VM tools .
- Good experience in AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, CloudFormation AWS Config, Autoscaling, CloudFront, IAM, S3, and R53.
- Experience supporting multi - region, Multi - AZ applications in AWS Created placement groups to maintain cluster of instances.
- Experience with installation and configuration of Docker environment(v1.5.0) including Docker registry hub for managing different Docker images and deployment of applications inside the software containers.
- Expert in Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and set up the automated build on Docker HUB and installing and configuring Kubernetes.
- Good experience in installing database applications like MySQL and Oracle.
- Experience in installing, integrating and tuning Webservers such as web server 6.3, 6.5, Tomcat 4.x, 5.x & Apache Server 1.x, 2.x.
- Implemented and enhanced the Existing Scripts in Shell, Perl, and Ruby for automation tasks.
Build Tools/Scripting Lang(s): Ant, Maven, Shell Scripting, Python
Configuration Management: Chef, Ansible
Continuous Build Integration: Jenkins, Team City, Bamboo, MS Build
Sub Version Control: GIT, SVN, Tortoise GIT
Operating Systems: Windows, Unix, RHEL, CentOS
Databases: MS Access 2000, MS SQL 2000, MySQL and Oracle 9i
Web/Application Servers: Tomcat, Web Logic, JBOSS
Bug Reporting Tools: Bugzilla, Trac, PHP bug tracker, Clear Quest
Cloud Technologies: AWS, AZURE
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
- Created Cloud Infrastructure on AWS with CloudFormation Templates using JSON and Python scripting for Custom needs.
- Deployed application in both production and test environments using AWS cloud formation stacks and code deploy.
- Created S3 buckets and configured buckets policies according to application requirements.
- Created a Multiple Alarms for different production issues by using AWS SNS and Lambda services.
- Responsible for installation & configuration of Jenkins to support various Java builds and Jenkins plugins to automate continuous builds and publishing Docker images to the Nexus repository.
- Created the repositories in the artifactory and used them to store the artifacts of the Jenkins jobs.
- GIT administration like providing access for branches and GIT repositories.
- Creating GIT repositories and give access rights to authorized developers and worker on Artifactory.
- Managed GIT repository for Continuous delivery and continuous integration process in multi user environment.
- Installed/configured different software’s like java, tomcat and apache web servers on Linux servers.
- Set up Splunk to capture and analyze data from various layers Load Balancers, Webservers.
- Created Python scripts to automate AWS services which include web servers, ELB, CloudFront distribution, databases, security groups and application configuration.
- Developed BASH code to automate server builds, OS patches, and deployment of applications to dev, test, and production environments.
- Managed and optimized the Continuous Delivery using Jenkins and troubleshoot the deployment build issues using the trigged logs.
- Configured and maintained Samba Server, NFS Server, NIS Server and clients, DNS clients and AutoFs File systems. Renewal of SSL certificate and code signing certificates.
- Installed & Configured software packages in Red Hat Linux. (Using both yum and rpm installations.
- Installed and updated patches on the servers using Red Hat Satellite servers.
- Worked on Troubleshooting critical hardware and software issues and other day-to-day user trouble tickets.
- Created, Resized and managed online JFS File system for users upon user request using VERITAS Volume manager and LVM.
Confidential, Eden Prairie, MN
Linux / DevOps Engineer
- Migrated Adobe Experience forms and Lifecycle Rights Management application from San Jose to Hillsboro Datacenter.
- Tested and validated dev, stage and production instances. Co-ordinated with web ops team, firewall team, and daycare ticketing team for a successful migration.
- Investigated the errors occurred while the user is trying to approve the Adobe Experience forms.
- Worked on Maintenance and Support of RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu and few Unix servers.
- Worked with AWS services including EC2, EBS, ELB, S3, RDS, Route53, VPC, Auto Scaling, Lambda, IAM, Trusted Advisor, Cloud watch.
- Set up security groups, launched EC2 instances, worked with EBS volumes & Automated AMI backup.
- Mounted S3 bucket on Linux instances, enabling cross region replication, static web hosting.
- Created automated notifications for unused EBS volumes, security that have ports open to internet, scheduled stop & start of EC2 instances using Lambda
- Configured ELB for distributing incoming traffics across multiple EC2 instances.
- Routed traffic to ELB using Route 53
- Built security at every layer using routing rules, network ACLs, and security groups.
- Monitored AWS resources using Cloud Watch and track events using Cloud Trail, AWS Config.
- Worked on setting up new tools such as Kubernetes with Docker to assist with auto-scaling, CI , rolling updates with Used RHEL servers to install Docker based services, monitor and debug the services.
- Used Docker to virtualize deployment containers and push the code to EC2 cloud. Built additional Docker Slave nodes for Jenkins using custom built Docker images and instances.
- Administration and maintenance of Docker runtime environment, Versioning and lifecycle management of Docker Images, Experienced in Docker orchestration framework .
- Worked on CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins, Ant and Chef.
- Built and Deployed Java code using Jenkins.
- Used knife to transfer new clients from local chef-repo to Chef server for deployment into production.
- Logged all issues as JIRA stories and bugs for developers with all the necessary details.
- Provided the root cause analysis of the production isssues to developer by using splunk logs.
- Involved with Admin team to assign and revoke permissions to users by using swagger which contains 20 different API’s (Application programming interfaces)
- Worked with the Admin team to upgrade system, capacity planning, security, and disaster recovery.
- Administered web servers and applications including web server maintenance and patches/ fixes.
- Implemented and administered VMware ESXi for running Windows, Centos, SUSE and RHEL Servers on development and test servers using VMWare infrastructure client and vSphere.
- Added patches to keep the servers updated against bugs present in the operating system as well as ther applications like VERITAS Storage Foundation, Web Sphere and Oracle.
Environment: Red hat Linux, AWS, RDS, Cloud watch, Cloud Trail, Jenkins, Ant, Chef, Cook Books, Knife, Splunk, Jira, S3 Bucket, EC2, Lambda, VMware ESXi, CentOS, SUSE.
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Working in an agile development team to deliver an end to end continuous integration and continuous deployment product in an open source environment using tools like Docker & Jenkins.
- Supported automation of builds, deployments and testing using Docker.
- Installed Chef servers and clients by using the build from Jenkins repository which was later deployed in target environment.
- Extensively worked on Ruby scripting on Chef Automation.
- Automated the deployment process and Admin tasks using Chef Recipes.
- Configured Jenkins for doing the build in all the non-production and production environments and Troubleshoot the issues raised in Jenkins while using for continuous integration and deployment
- Worked with Jenkins Pipelines and expert in setting up Upstream and Downstream Jobs Jenkins .
- Configured/managed the Jenkins server for the respective Builds & integrated the respective Plugins.
- Involved in creating of container from Docker file and Clustering of Docker.
- Configured Git with Jenkins using plug-ins and schedule jobs using POLL SCM option in Jenkins.
- Managed Version Control Systems tools like Git, GitHub to implement revision control systems to track, document and control changes to the repository source code.
- Developed scripts to automating the tasks using Python, Ruby, Shell, and Bash.
- Used Nagios as a Monitoring tool for visualizing the events and get alerts.
- Written Maven/Ant Scripts for Automating end-to-end build process and written Shell scripts for deployments and configuration of WebLogic server for all J2EE applications.
- Used E2C, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups and configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto scaling groups.
- Using Amazon CloudWatch to collect and track metrics, collect and monitor log files, set alarms, and automatically react to changes in your AWS resources.
- Worked on integrating AWS Dynamo DB using AWS Lambda to store the values of the items and backup the Dynamo DB streams.
- Designing and configuring the AWS Simple Notification service (SNS) and Simple Email service (SES) architecture of the solution and working with a client.
- Worked on upgraded hardware of Linux servers in p2v and worked on Red Hat Linux Servers migration from Physical to Virtual(p2v), Physical to Physical and Virtual to Virtual
- Supported multiple AWS cloud instances running Red Hat and Windows environments.
- On Unix/Linux servers Configured NFS, NIS, NIS+, DNS, LDAP, Auto-mount, and disk space management and built RPMs for applications as per requirement.
Environment: Docker, Jenkins, GIT, Apache Tomcat6.x/7.x, JIRA, Nexus, Maven, Nagios4.x/5.x, Linux/Unix, PL/SQL, Windows, Java, J2EE, AWS, JBoss Enterprise application Platform 4.3/5.1/6.0 JBoss, EWS 1.0.1/1.0.2.
Confidential, Lincolnshire, IL
- Administered and troubleshoot Red Hat Linux 6.x/7.x, which includes installation and testing.
- Worked as DevOps Engineer responsible for Automation through DevOps tools like, Jenkins , Git
- Experience in Branching and Merging and Created Release Branches for Parallel development.
- Configured the different (Hosted, Proxy and Virtual) repositories based on the requirements to share artifacts with in company.
- Created the Release process of the artifacts from Jenkins to Chef.
- Implemented auto deployment of software applications in secured and managed environment using container technology Docker.
- Setup and configured DHCP, Kickstart, and PXE servers for automated system builds and performed typical OS administration tasks and troubleshoot the issues.
- Created disk file systems new users, groups, user passwords, changed passwords, managed user accounts issues.
- Writing Shell scripts for automated deployments especially in handling all the tasks before kicking of WLST scripts or admin console deployments.
- Performed database deployment activities like execution of Database scripts.
- Performing clean builds according to the schedule published for a given releases.
- Installed, configured, monitored, managed and maintained DNS servers, Mail servers.
- Involved in Troubleshooting Linux networks, captured packets using tools such as Iptables, firewall, NMAP.
- Performed regular installation of patches using YUM, RPM and Tarball utilities.
- Effectively used YUM repository server for installing packages from a centralized server.
- Involved in Configuring and monitoring DHCP server.
- Worked with Cron jobs and managed of Red Hat Linux user accounts, groups, files permissions and ACLs.
- Worked on Agile methodology and used JIRA for issue tracking
- Involved in configuring disk partition of Raid.
- Created user roles and groups for securing the resources using local operating System authentication.
- Created user roles and groups for security of the resources used in local operating system.
- Performed kernel tuning and monitoring the system performance through various system tools: top, sar, vmstat, netstat, iostat.
- Installed and configured packages for the servers, according to the requirements.
- Good knowledge on migration, planning, developing, testing, and moving the migration process into full-fledged production network.
- Worked on change control process which gives an insight of any changes done on the server
- For local repositories installed and Configured Vsftpd and NFS Server with TCP Wrappers.
- Worked on installing, integrating, tuning Apache and Tomcat application server.
- Installed SAMBA server for interface between Linux servers and Windows servers to share files.
- Troubleshoot day to day Server & User related issues on Linux systems.
- Enabled, started and stopped services, worked with run levels and system targets and created physical volumes, volume groups, and logical volume.
Environment: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x,7.x, Chef, Jenkins, Docker, Centos, SAMBA, MYSQL, PXE, RAID, MS Windows Server, Tomcat, Apache, IPTables, Firewall, NMAP, YUM, RPM.
- Backed and restored file systems using Veritas Netbackup 6.5.
- Performed volume management using SVM and LVM and the creation of zfs, VxFS, UFS and ext3 file systems.
- Administered and supported Unix Servers including SUSE, IBM AIX & Red Hat Linux and CentOS.
- Created VMs for SUSE , Solaris x86 and Red Hat Linux on VMWare ESX 3.5 and administering them with VI Client .
- Install and configure DHCP, DNS (BIND, MS), web (Apache, IIS), mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP3), and file servers on Linux servers.
- Installing and setting up Oracle9i on Linux for the development team.
- Linux kernel, memory upgrades and swaps area. Red hat Linux Kickstart Installation.
- Created users, manage user permissions; maintain User & File System quota on Red hat Linux.
- Bash shell-scripts to automate routine activities.
- Monitored trouble ticket queue to attend user and system calls.
- Administered Linux servers for several functions including managing Apache/Tomcat server, mail server, MySQL databases in both development and production.
- Migrated database applications from Windows 2000 Server to Linux server.
- Decommissioned the servers/service groups which: removal of DNS , take full ad-hoc backup of file systems, removal from backups, removal of patrol monitoring, removal from AD .
- Worked on Remedy project and resolved Remedy tickets as assigned to the individual or team
- Strong scripting knowledge on Perl, bash, ksh , to perform different administration tasks .
- Managed, Supported and troubleshoot with remote as well onsite support for Customers to resolve server.
- Provisioned LUNs from SAN based on McDat a Switches and Hitachi Based Storage.
- Performance tuning and troubleshooting of the applications and resolution of issues arising out of the ticketing systems in Remedy .
- Monitored the servers using tools like BMC and Nagios and providing 24x7 support on call rotation basis.
Environment: : Red Hat Linux 3.0,4.0,5.0 AS ES, HP-DL585, Oracle 9i/10g, Samba, VMware Tomcat 3.x,4.x,5.x, Apache Server 1.x,2.x, Bash.