- Over 6 years of experience in IT industry in various roles as DevOps, Cloud Engineer, Build/Release Engineer, Linux Administrator, with excellent experience in Software Integration, Configuration, Packaging, Building, Automating, Managing and Releasing code from one environment to other environment and deploy to servers, support and maintenance under Unix/Linux/VM's Platforms and teams utilizing Agile & Scrum methodologies.
- Recognized for strong abilities in Designing, Planning, and Building, Configuring, Administering, Troubleshooting, Maintenance, Performance Monitoring and Fine - tuning of large-scale servers.
- Designed, built and deployed multitude applications utilizing almost all the AWS, including EC2, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, Elastic Load Balancing (Classic/Application), Auto Scaling, RDS, VPC, Route53, Cloud Watch, Snapshots and IAM, focusing on high availability and fault tolerance.
- Creating and configuring Azure Active Directory services for authenticating application in Azure cloud office 365.
- Configuring Azure Backup Service for taking backup of Azure VM and data of on premise to Azure.
- Experience with configuration management tools like Terraform and package management tools like Packer and Helm to provision instances on AWS.
- Experience using GIT, Subversion and Team Foundation Server (TFS 2012 & 2015) for Version Management.
- Worked on SCM tools like GIT and Subversion for Tagging, Branching and Merging to maintain the version on Linux platform and used GIT to keep track of all changes in code.
- Used build tools like Maven and ANT for building deployable artifacts such as jar, war, and ear from source code.
- Involved in Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process- using Jenkins along with Python and Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Expertise in Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, TFS, and Hudson.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins by installing, configuring and maintaining for Continuous Integration (CI) and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Experience in setting up Chef Infrastructure, Bootstrapping Nodes, creating and uploading recipes, Node convergence in Chef SCM and worked with data bags, attributes, cookbooks, recipes and templates in Chef.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard for Configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Experience writing playbooks using Ansible to provision several pre-production environments and proprietary middleware installations.
- Established Chef best practice approaches to system deployment with tools like Vagrant and managing Chef Cookbook as a unit of software deployment and independently version controlled.
- Proficient in containerization tools such as Docker and orchestration tools such as Kubernetes.
- Installed Docker Registry for local upload and download of Docker images and even from Docker hub.
- Experience in the areas of Virtualization with installation, support of VMware windows servers and VirtualBox.
- Hands-On Experience in using different Monitoring Tools like Nagios, Splunk, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, Stack driver, Sumo Logic, Prometheus, New Relic.
- Developed Shell scripts (Bash) for automating day to day maintenance tasks.
- Created Alarms in CloudWatch for monitoring the server’s performance, CPU utilization, log files and Disk Usage etc.
- Worked on Web Servers like Apache and Application servers like WebLogic, Tomcat, WebSphere, JBOSS to deploy code.
- Profound experience in programming, deploying and configuring JAVA/J2EE Applications using Apache Tomcat, WebSphere and JBOSS.
- Experience in database environments like MySQL, Oracle and NoSQL databases like DynamoDB, Lambda and Cassandra.
- Troubleshooting network related issues using packet capturing software such as IP tables, TCP wrappers, Netstat, Traceroute.
- Experience in configuring network services such as DNS, NFS, SMTP, NTP, DHCP, LDAP, SAMBA, FTP, remote access, security management and security troubleshooting skills.
- Experience on various flavors of UNIX operating systems like Linux, CentOS &Ubuntu.
- Knowledge on the entire process of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), ITIL operations and Agile methodology.
Operating Systems: RedHat Linux, Ubuntu, Windows
Database: Oracle 10.x, SQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra
Networking: TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, WAN, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP
Scripting Languages: Bash, Python, UNIX shell, Ruby, PowerShell
Container Management: Docker, VMWare
Configuration Management: Chef, Ansible, UDeploy
Cloud Platforms: AWS, MS Azure, OpenStack
Source Code Management: SVN, Git, Bitbucket
Build and CI Tools: Ant, Maven, Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo, TFS
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, CloudWatch, NewRelic
Programming Languages: Java, .NET Frameworks, C#
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Setup and build AWS cloud infrastructure resources like EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, RDS, ELB, Autoscaling, CloudFormation, ElasticCache, CloudWatch, SNS, AWS Import/Export.
- Installed, configured and setup databases in AWS using RDS, storage using S3 buckets and configuring instance backups to S3 buckets.
- Designing Cloud architectures for customers looking to develop and migrating new PAAS, IAAS and hybrid solutions using AWS.
- Assigned roles and policies to users by using Identity and Access management (IAM).
- Defined AWS Security Groups which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed to reach one or more EC2 instances. Setting up redundancy to multiple Availability Zones (AZ) for EC2 instances.
- Setting up Route 53 for web Instances and ELB & CloudFront on AWS Environment. Created CloudFormation Template to build a repeatable process to standup various application deployment environment in AWS.
- Used AWS CloudFront (Content Delivery network) to deliver content from AWS edge locations by improving user experience and latency.
- Used CloudWatch to collect and monitor log files and created alarms in conjunction with SNS to notify the resource usage and billing events.
- Setting up Auto Scaling for instance group using AWS Command Line Tools and AWS cloud for DEV/QA environments.
- Integrated Security at various levels such as encryption at rest and in transit of data in EBS and S3, limited accessibility, blocking for bad IPs, fixing security loopholes based on internal penetration tests, event-driven security based on CloudWatch logs, AWS CloudTrail, AWS Config, AWS WAF service.
- Implemented deployment strategies Blue-green Deployment and rolling deployment.
- Created scripts for system administration using Shell. Also developed and maintained Shell scripts for build and release.
- Used AWS Lambada to run servers without managing them and to trigger to run code by S3 and SNS.
- Deployed and configured Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and CloudWatch, stored the logs and metrics into S3 bucket using Lambda function.
- Worked on PoC (Proof of Concept) to migrate to Microsoft Azure to address scalability and performance issues.
- Designed, configured and deployed Azure for multitude of applications utilizing Azure Stack including Compute, ADF, Resource Groups, Azure SQL DW, Cloud Services and ARM focusing on high-availability, DR, fault tolerance and auto-scaling.
- Created and implementing branching and merging strategy with multiple branches. Used GitHub as SCM repo to keep track of version changes. Implemented and maintained the branching and Build/Release strategies utilizing GitHub as SCM.
- Created Docker Containers and consoles for managing the application life cycle and used Docker for container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, structures and managing containers in DTR.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub.
- Installed PCF on EC2 to manage containers created by PCF. Used Docker to virtualize deployment containers and push the code to EC2 cloud using PCF.
- Created reproducible builds of Kubernetes applications and managed Kubernetes manifest files. Scheduled, deployed and managed container replicas onto a node cluster using Kubernetes.
- Responsible for Configuring Jenkins master/slave nodes and created builds for CI/CD. Created and automated Jenkins pipeline using pipeline groovy script for the applications.
- Build Upstream and Downstream jobs in Jenkins to build and deploy onto different environments.
- Deployed applications using Jenkins and troubleshooting job failures, resolved the failures by working with engineers. Configured Git with Jenkins and automated jobs using Build Trigger.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain, Git with Dev/Test/Prod branching model for weekly releases.
- Integrated SonarQube with Jenkins for continuous inspection of code quality and analysis with SonarQube for Maven.
- Build scripts using Maven builds tool in Jenkins to move from one environment to another environment.
- Authored Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize product configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Involved in build and maintain highly available secure multi-zone AWS Cloud infra using Chef with AWS CloudFormation and Jenkins for Integration.
- Collection of Build metrics and its test cases for Jenkins to show case as visualization in Kibana dashboard using ELK.
- Strong usage of scripting languages like Bash/Shell for Linux environments and PowerShell for Windows platform.
Confidential, Akron, OH
- Maintained code repositories and implemented best practices for branching and merging in Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Automated CI/CD process using Jenkins, build-pipeline plugin.
- Designed and implemented the automated process of build and deployments for .Net applications using tools as per the needs of project that included Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Jenkins.
- Experience with C# and PowerShell development of Custom Action for MS Installers, Automated Distributing and Deployment.
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts to Nexus to share artifacts across projects and environments.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using Maven as build tool in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Used Jenkins for the Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Server.
- Integrating SonarQube in the CI Pipeline for Coverage reports and Sonar Metrics.
- Extensively used Ruby scripting on Chef Automation for creating cookbooks comprising all resources, data bags, templates, attributes.
- Written Terraform templates, Chef cookbooks, recipes and pushed them onto Chef Server for configuring EC2 instances.
- Bootstrapping instances using Chef and integrating with auto scaling.
- Developed Chef Recipes for automating the Infrastructure, deployment process.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day TFS support for different projects.
- Installed Docker using Docker toolbox and worked on creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life.
- Developed PowerShell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Built and managed a large deployment of Ubuntu Linux instances systems with Chef Automation. Wrote recipes, tools, shell scripts and monitoring checks.
- Installed and maintained monitoring tool like Nagios.
- Designed high available environment for both application and database servers on EC2 using Elastic Load balancers and Autoscaling.
Environment: Git, Jenkins, Chef, Ant, Maven, Gradle, Docker, Ruby, TFS, SVN 1.6 & 1.7, Nagios, CloudWatch, CloudTrail.
Build and Release Engineer
- Built artifacts (WAR's and EAR's) are deployed into a Web logic app server by integrating the WLST scripts to Shell Scripts.
- Expert in DevOps/Agile operations process Build and Release Automation and Deployment.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involved environments like Development, INT, QA, UAT and Production.
- Responsible for the building and deploying the artifacts into DEV, INT and QA Environments.
- Continuous Integration of builds using Jenkins, migration of build system Ant to Maven and managing the build system.
- Configured clusters to provide fail over, load balancing and deployed applications on clusters.
- Installed and Configured Continuous jobs for automating some build Processes.
- Configured and automated the Jenkins Build jobs for Continuous Integration.
- Installed and configured LAMP (Apache/Tomcat/MySQL/PHP), Reverse-proxy servers (Nginx).
- Supported Linux servers in prod/stage/dev environment.
- Troubleshooted the build issues during and post Jenkins build process.
- Used Splunk Monitoring System Logs to find problems that could cause a halt in the deployment pipeline.
- Used Apache Tomcat and Ngnix as application server for deploying the artifacts.
- Developed and maintained Perl/Ant scripts for build and release tasks.
- Experience in using JIRA as Issue Tracking Tool.
Environment: Subversion, Team City, Apache Tomcat, Nginx, Java J2EE, ANT, Perl Scripts, MAVEN, Hudson, UNIX, LINUX, Python, WebSphere, Shell Scripting
- Installed, configured and updated REDHAT Linux and Ubuntu.
- Network traffic control, IPSec, VLAN, Proxy, Radius integration on Cisco Hardware via Red Hat Linux.
- Worked actively on applying new patches and packages for Solaris and Linux Servers and handled issues arising out of them.
- Managed DNS, RADIUS, Apache, MySQL, PHP. Took frequent back up of data, created new stored procedures and scheduled backups.
- Designed and implemented IT infrastructures such as data center, servers, storage, backup and virtualization.
- Reviewed and fixed all the error logs along with provided superior customer support for Webhosting, ISP and LAN customers on troubleshooting escalated support troubles.
- Supported, Troubleshoot and deployed web application servers such as WebLogic, JBOSS, and Apache Tomcat and Apache HTTPD servers.
- Solved tickets related issues, User creation, Accesses, Permissions, file system creations and enable and removing monitoring for file systems.
- Backed up and restored files across the network.
- Maintained and monitored System activities like CPU, Memory, Disk and Swap space usage to avoid any performance issues.
- Performed OS upgrades and Patch loading as and when required.
- Created File systems, Partition and managing disk quotas, System Backup/ Restore both in Linux/Windows platforms.
Environment: Linux, Shell scripts, Java/J2EE, UNIX, MySQL, Apache, Tomcat webserver, Windows XP.