- Around 10 years of IT experience in various roles like AWS Cloud Engineer , Developer , DevOps Engineer , Build and Release Engineer , Linux Admin etc.
- Experienced in Infrastructure Development and Operations involving AWS Cloud platform like EC2, EBS,S3,VPC, RDS, SES, ELB, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Formation, Elastic Cache, Cloud Watch, SNS, AWS Import / Export.
- Experienced in Configuration Management, Build Engineering, Release Management and Automation by using DevOps tools for entire life cycle models in Enterprise Applications.
- Solid experience of working with all phases of Software Development Life Cycles in Waterfall, Agile methodology and Scrum.
- Experienced in setting up databases in AWS using RDS, storage using S3 buckets and configuring instance backups to S3 buckets .
- Excelled in creating AMI (AWS Machine Images) that utilizes ELB (Elastic Load Balancer) and Auto Scaling.
- Hands on experience with AWS - CLI to suspend an AWS Lambda function and to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS.
- Extensive experience using ANT, MAVEN , Gradle, TeamCity as Build Tool s for building deployable artifacts such as (jar, war & ear) from source code .
- Extensively worked on Jenkins , VSTS for continuous integration and for end-to-end automation of all build and deployments.
- Experienced in working with automation tools like CHEF, PUPPET and ANSIBLE.
- Developed Cookbooks with Recipes, Resources and Run lists, managed the Chef Client nodes and uploaded the Cookbooks to chef-server from Workstation and managed Chef Server in pushing the configuration changes to client nodes, monitoring the logs and security.
- Worked on installation and configuration of Puppet PE . Installed Puppet Master and configured multiple Nodes to Master.
- Worked on modules from Puppet Forge and redesigned those based on client’s requirements.
- Developed Playbooks using Ansible to deploy consistent infrastructure code across multiple environments.
- Extensively used Docker for virtualization, Ship, Run and Deploy the application securely to fasten the Build/Release Engineering .
- Expert with Docker components like Docker Engine , Hub , Machine , creation of Docker images , Compose , Docker Registry and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Handled large volumes of containers with Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, and Mesos .
- Strong experience in writing Python, Shell , PowerShell and Perl scripts to automate the deployments.
- In-depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) processes, which include compiling, packaging, deploying and Application configurations.
- Expertise in Source Code Management and repository tools like Tortoise, SVN, GIT, Code Commit, Nexus and TFS.
- Experienced in trouble shooting, configuring and deploying enterprise applications in Web Sphere, Web Logic and Tomcat, JBoss as well.
- Expertise in administering and deployment of Sun Solaris, Red Hat (Linux) & AIX servers via VMware .
- Experience with monitoring tools like Nagios, Splunk, Graphite, New Relic and Zabbix.
- Extensively worked with Service Management tools like BMC Remedy, Rally , JIRA and used these for tracking, reporting and managing bugs.
- Very good knowledge on compiled languages like C, C++ and JAVA led to work with Developers and Analysts to address project requirements. Able to effectively manage time and prioritize multiple projects.
- Managed environments DEV, SIT, QA, UAT and PROD for various releases and designed instance strategies.
- Self-motivated, quick learner, able to take independent responsibility to contribute for team .
Operating systems: Windows Vista/7/8/10, LINUX, FEDORA, CENT OS, RHEL, Windows Server 2000/2003/2008/2012/2016.
Programming Languages: C, C++, Python, PowerShell, Perl, Shell, Ruby, SQL, Java/J2EE.
IDE: Eclipse, WordPress, MySQL Workbench, TOAD, Visual Studio.
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, TeamCity, MAKE, Gradle.
Databases: Oracle, MYSQL, SQL, IBM DB2, MongoDB.
Web Servers: Web logic, IIS, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS.
Version Control System: GIT, TFS, SVN, ClearCase, Perforce, CVS, Tortoise.
Tracking tools: JIRA, Rally, ServiceNow, Remedy, Clear Quest, Bugzilla.
Repositories: SonaType Nexus, Artifactory, NuGet, Chocolatey.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Zabbix, Graphite, Splunk.
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, TFS, VSTS, Vagrant, Docker, Octopus, UDeploy.
Configuration Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform.
Cloud Services: AWS, Microsoft Azure, Open Stack, CA Virtualization.
Other Tools: Barracuda WAF, Confluence, SolarWinds
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Configured and maintained an AWS Virtual Private Cloud ( VPC ), Public and Private Subnets, NACL's, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer, Security Groups and EC2 instances.
- Perform system monitoring and maintain Logs using Cloud Watch .
- Log and event forwarding (System logs, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, AWS Config), aggregation to Sumologic.
- Assign Roles, manage Users and groups and assign policies using AWS Identity and Access Management ( IAM ).
- Implement ed and managing stacks using AWS CloudFormation .
- Create and Configured the CI/CD pipeline for deploying Micro-Services and Lambda functions using Jenkins .
- Used various plug-ins to extend the base functionality of Jenkins to deploy, integrate tests and display reports.
- Used build tools like Maven for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & ear from source code.
- Worked on MySQL Databases and having knowledge on querying as per the application requirements.
- Configure and install servers with different environment such as Windows, Linux, Cent OS, Ubuntu.
- Worked on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry.
- Expertise in deploying applications on to Application servers such as Apache Tomcat , Web Sphere and Nginx .
- Manage CI environment with GIT as source control management tool.
- Use Jira as Application Lifecycle Management( ALM ) and Jira Confluence for workflow management.
- Use Jira as SCRUM/Kanban board management for issue tracking, project management and ServiceNow for service requests.
- Share documents and projects status reports regarding builds, environments, version control on SharePoint .
Environment : AWS, JIRA, Confluence, ServiceNow, SharePoint, GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Docker, MySql, Shell, CFT Templates, Apache Tomcat, Nginx, NuGet, Docker, RHEL .
Confidential, Charlotte, NC.
- Installed, Configured and automated the Jenkins Build jobs for Continuous Integration and AWS Deployment pipelines using various plugins like Jenkins EC2 plugin and Jenkins Cloud Formation plugin.
- Administered Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat/Web Sphere Application Servers. Integrated builds with Code Quality Tools like Cobertura, PMD and Find bugs.
- Deployed large scale java applications to application servers in agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
- Implemented & maintained the branching and build and release strategies utilizing GIT .
- Setting up continuous integration and formal builds using Jenkins with Maven and Tomcat repository.
- Experience working on Docker Hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Created Terraform modules to create instances in AWS & automated process of creation of resources in AWS using Terraform .
- Build servers using AWS, importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection.
- Created a Python Script to stop all the instances with a specific tag in AWS Instance using Lambda functions and made it into Cloud Watch Scheduler to schedule it every night.
- Configure nodes using Puppet with RabbitMq services and provide RabbitMq clusters.
- Configure VM’s for Dev/QA environments using Puppet , Octopus, RabbitMq and Redis .
- Manage CI environment with GIT as source control management tool.
- Develop GIT branching and merging strategy for feature and release branches.
- Work on Nexus for internal repository management and NuGet package explorer.
- Use Chocolatey as package manager for installing packages, tools, applications and services DEV/QA/PROD servers.
- Spinning up VM’s using Vagrant for sandbox testing.
- Share documents and projects status reports regarding builds, environments, version control on SharePoint .
Environment : AWS, EC2, S3, VPC, VPN, ELB, RDS, SNS, SWF, IAM, Route 53, CloudWatch, Puppet, GIT, Jenkins, Dockcer, Terraform, ServiceNow, RabbitMq, Redis, CFT Templates, NuGet, Docker, Vagrant, Chocolatey, MySQL, RHEL, SharePoint .
Confidential, Manassas, VI.
- Administration, build and maintenance of the available secure multi-zone AWS cloud infrastructure by using the configuration tool Ansible with AWS Cloud Formation and Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Create and launch Amazon EC2 Instances using Amazon images (Linux) and configure the launched instances with specific applications.
- Work with AWS services like Glacier, ELB (Elastic Load Balancer), RDS, SNS, SWF, Lambda, IAM and hands on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) provision.
- Design roles and groups using AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Create, delete and manage user accounts that are used to interact with AWS and setup their ACL’s with Amazon IAM.
- Backup database instances periodically by using S3 to save snapshots of data.
- Move application logs to S3 by using cloud watch logs and create alarms raised by applications.
- Manage Linux, VMware and AWS/VM’s.
- Manage Amazon Redshift clusters such as launching the cluster and specifying the node type as well.
- Manage DNS zones with the usage of Route 53 and gave public DNS names to elastic load balancer ip’s.
- Transfer of data from Data centers to cloud using AWS Import/Export Snowball service.
- Scripting infrastructure and (Linux) machine provisioning from scratch using tools such as bash and the Ruby AWS-SDK.
- Design & implement the Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) service for increase of customers on premises data center with AWS Cloud utilizing VPC and VPN and direct connect services.
- Deploy, scale web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby and Docker on familiar servers like Apache with the help of AWS Beanstalk.
- Integrate with Jenkins for CI/CD pipeline with GIT.
- User management with build tools Maven to create JAR, WAR, EAR.
- Install Jenkins on Linux machine and create a master-slave configuration to implement multiple parallel builds through a build farm.
- Experienced in automated deployment (Terraform, AWS cloud formation), and serverless architecture AWS lambda and AWS services.
- Wrote the PowerShell scripts to automatically restart the UDeploy agents on LINUX machines.
- Integrated Jenkins with UDeploy and created UDeploy components, UDeploy process, installed UDeploy agents on both Windows and Linux machines according to application team requirements.
- Use SonaType Nexus to store, organize the Artifacts.
- Hands on with Ansible to configure and deploy automated tasks to many servers at once.
- Write Ansible Playbooks, Modules to automate installation of Middleware infrastructure like Apache tomcat, JDK and configuration tasks for new environments etc.
- Used file module in Ansible playbook to copy and remove files on remote systems.
- Work with DevOps practices by AWS, Elastic Bean Stalk and Docker with Kubernetes.
- Work with several Docker components like Docker Engine, Docker-Hub, Docker-Compose, Docker Registry and Docker Swarm.
Environment: AWS, EC2, S3, VPC, VPN, VM’s, Glacier, ELB, RDS, SNS, SWF, IAM, Route 53, Redshift, AWS Cloud Formation, Linux, Terraform, GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Sonar, Docker, Kubernetes, UDeploy, Apache, Tomcat, Ansible, Ruby, Nexus.
Confidential, SAN ANTONIO
AWS Cloud Engineer
- Participated in the release cycle of the product, which involves environments like Development, test, QA and UAT.
- Develop Cloud Formation scripts to automate EC2 instances creation for multiple applications
- Create S3 buckets and manage policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Creating Cloud Watch alerts for instances and using them in Auto-scaling launch configurations.
- Create an AWS RDS, MySQL DB cluster and connected to the database through an Amazon RDS MySQL DB Instance using the Amazon RDS Console.
- Automate the cloud deployments using chef, Python (boto & fabric) and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Bootstrapping instances using Chef and integrating with auto scaling.
- Manage the configurations of multiple servers using Chef.
- Perform biweekly build cycle and testing processes.
- Develop Maven Scripts to automate the build process.
- Install Nexus and use it as Private Repository Manager with in the company.
- Create and setup the entire Chef Infrastructure and create Wrappers on top of Chef Knife tools as per requirements.
- Automate the provisioning of test and production infrastructure in AWS using tools like Terraform and Chef.
- Created scripts using Terraform modules to deploy ELB, and EC2.
- Automated the cloud deployment using AWS, AWS CLI, Python (pip, boto, boto3) and AWS cloud formation templates.
- Install and Configure Jenkins for CI/Automation tool.
- Responsible for User Management, Plugin Management and END-END automation of Build and Deploy using Jenkins on Tomcat servers.
- Experience in installation, configuration administer Monitoring tools such as Nagios.
- Process monitoring and debugging using tool called Nagios.
- Develop Shell and Perl Scripts for manual and automated deployment of the code to the different environments and E-mail the team when the build is completed.
- Manage and perform the environment related configuration changes as a part of deployment.
- Maintain and coordinate environment configuration, controls, code integrity, and code conflict resolution.
- Analyze and Convert ANT scripts to MAVEN to standardize the procedures.
- Managed the artifacts generated by Maven and Gradle in the Nexus repository.
- Integrate builds with Code Quality Tools like Cobertura, PMD and Findbugs.
- Associate in implementing SonarQube code quality analysis tool for the code.
- Support and develop tools for integration, automated testing and release management.
- Coordinate Release effort amongst various teams (Dev, QA, DBA and Business Analysis) in geographically separated environment.
Environment: AWS, Subversion (SVN), CHEF, Jenkins, Terraform, Boto 3, Java/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, Cucumber, Gherkin, Cassandra, TC Server, Tomcat, Ruby Scripts, Shell Scripts, XML, Data Center, UNIX, Windows 7, Oracle, ServiceNow, Nagios.
Confidential, San Jose
Build and Release Engineer
- Worked for DevOps Platform team responsible for specialization areas related to Chef for Cloud Automation.
- Application of automations tools like Chef, Puppet, DevOps based on the requirements.
- Deployment and implementation of Chef for infrastructure as code initiative .
- Performed the automation using Chef Configuration management .
- Involvement in Chef-infra maintenance including backup/monitoring/security fix and on Chef Server backups.
- Use ANT as build tool on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Work with Knife command-line tool and creating Cookbook .
- Developed installer scripts using Ant, Python and UNIX for various products to be hosted on Application Servers.
- Troubleshoot Build and Deploy Issues, with little downtime.
- Organize and Coordinate Product Releases, work closely with product development, QA, Support across global locations to ensure successful releases.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Amazon EC2, Chef, and custom Ruby/Bash scripts
- Management of the VMware vSphere Environment using Chef.
- Integrate the code quality analysis tools like Cobertura, Find Bugs, JUnit, PMD, and Checkstyle into the projects.
- Implementation of Chef Cookbooks for OS component configuration to keep AWS server's template minimal.
- Work with JIRA for Issue Tracking and monitoring.
- Develop automation framework for Application Deployments to the cloud environments.
- Manage and optimize the Continuous Delivery tools like Jenkins.
- Installation, Configuration, Administration of Hudson/Jenkins Continuous Integration Tool .
- Automate Continuous Build and Deploy Scripts for Hudson/Jenkins Continuous Integration tool .
- Configured and monitored distributed and multi-platform servers using Nagios.
- Develop ANT and MAVEN Scripts to automate the build process.
- Provide ANT build script for building and deploying the application.
- Integrate automated build with Deployment Pipeline . Install Chef Server and clients to pick up the Build from Jenkins repository and deployed in target environments (Integration, QA, and Production).
- Provide stable build environments for product development.
- Administer and Support UNIX Servers including SUSE, Solaris, HP-UX & Red Hat Linux and Centos .
Environment : Java, Eclipse, Toad, Git, Docker, Tomcat, Apache, Oracle 12c, Jenkins, Python, Ruby Chef, JIRA, Maven, VMware vSphere, Art factory, Ubuntu, CentOS, Linux, AWS, AWS Cloud Formation Templates, Cassandra, AWS RDS, AWS Cloud Watch, Ruby, Chef-solo/server, Nagios.
- Create and manage user accounts .
- Monitor application process.
- Responsible for installation and maintenance of Solaris , Red Hat and IBM AIX servers.
- Setup J2EE environment, install, configure, tuning and support Weblogic , JBoss , Tomcat and Apache server for test and production environment.
- Administer accounts for individual and corporate users.
- Troubleshoot user logins using Telnet .
- Perform security administration and monitored job processes using associated commands.
- Monitor client disk quota .
- Administered file system security .
- Upgrad e server memory and configured page file.
- Execute scripting in production environment.
- Administer tools for Repository creation and maintenance of accounts using tool environment for non-global zones.
- Configure SPARC servers.
- Perform patch administration.
- Schedule jobs using CRONTAB and AT Utility and write shell scripts to automate system process.
- Examined log activity.
- Documenting of Linux, Windows environment and configuration details including documentation of solutions for any issues that have not been discovered previously.
- Setup Firewall rules.
- Deploy applications in clustered environments.
- Recommend and implement solutions to identified security exposures.
Environment : Solaris 8/9/10, Red Hat Linux 4/5, NAGIOS, Korn Shell, Bash Scripting, LDAP directory, Active Directory, BEA Web logic servers, AN Switches, Apache, Tomcat WebSphere, WebLogic application server.