I have over 10 years of experience working as: Programmer; Programmer Analyst; Consultant; Team Lead, and Technical Lead. I have managed small to medium projects. Experience in a IBM mainframe environment includes: analysis; prototyping; performance monitoring on COBOL/DB2, on - line and batch programs, joint application and design (JAD); rapid application and design (RAD); development, testing, software migration, and production support.
HARDWARE: IBM 390, IBM CMOS, IBM 30XX, IBM 9000.
SOFTWARE: COBOL, DB2, SQL, SPUFI, QMF, Confidential, Z/OS, JCL, CA-7, EGL, Endevor, Confidential, IDCAMS, IBM Utilities, SYNCSORT, MS Office, and a little .Net, IBM Relational Developer.
- Mainframe Legacy systems
EMPLOYMENT HISTORY:Programmer Analyst
- I was involved with the maintenance of a COBOL, DB2, EGL legacy billing system for Nashville Electric. I provided analysis of user requests and issues. Based on that analysis developed solutions to be applied to the base code or JCL to satisfy the requests. User approved changes were made to the COBOL, DB2, or EGL code. Appropriate data to test the requested changes was selected from the production environment and transferred to the test and QA environments. Changes were applied to the code and tested in the test environment. Once it was determined that the changes met the request, the code was transferred to the QA environment for the users to verify. With user approval the changes were moved to Production.
- Participated in rotating on-call to provide after hour support for the production cycle.
- Made user requested changes to the DB2 production data when there had been an error.
- Developing skills in the area of Inventory control and Order processing.
Confidential, Oxford, PA
- Research into the use of internal systems utilizing incumbent software while integrating modern technology to maintain and correlate statistical information.
- This effort includes reviewing detail requirement documents, job flows, data flows, and record counts from all sources.
Confidential, Woodlawn, MD
- Enhancing and new development of an internal system using COBOL with Confidential to format SSA and Medicare notices to SSA/SSI recipients.
- This effort includes reviewing detail requirement documents to complete a plan of code changes.
- I also perform Unit testing and regression testing of changes and assist in Quarterly Release testing. In between projects I am also involved with resolving ongoing production problems, along with producing daily and monthly reports advising other department of work completed during each production run.
Confidential, Towson, MD
- Enhancing and new development of Medical Claim routing for Medicare claims.
- This effort includes reviewing high level analysis and detail requirement documents to complete a plan of code changes.
- I also perform Unit testing of changes and assist in Quarterly Release testing
- This testing utilized Confidential for tracking data as it flowed through the Cobol programs. In between projects I am also involved with resolving ongoing production problems.
- I also assisted others in the group to solve DB2 problems that they encounter during their assigned work tasks.
- Supporting the Coordination of Benefits Agreement (COBA) application using COBOL, DB2, and Maintained Confidential screens using the BMS utility.
- Supporting the Data Extract System ( Confidential ) for the 5010 Medical Claim format upgrade using COBOL and DB2 applications.
- Supporting the Data Agreement & Data Shipping Tracking System ( Confidential ) by responding to User requests for the retrieval of data using DB2 and BMC applications.
Confidential, Essex, MD
- Designed and developed enhancements to track Child Support Compliance and benefits.
- This effort includes reviewing user requests and writing high level analysis and detail requirement documents.
- Upon approval of the Requirements I, and the staff I mentored, would implement and test the requested solutions using Confidential and COBOL along with various mainframe utility applications.
Confidential, Columbia, SC
- Provided support to an on-line ( Confidential ) and batch (COBOL) membership billing system, under HIPPA.
- Researched user problems then suggested and implemented fixes to either COBOL and Confidential code or the data.
- I used my skills in research and analyst to provide in-depth insight into user reported problems.
Confidential, Madison, WI
- Helping to design and develop a system that is upgrading the way Confidential is tracked in Child Support Cases.
- This effort includes reviewing user requests and writing high level and detail requirement documents.
- Upon approval of the Requirements I then write detail design and unit and system testing documents to be passed on the junior programming staff.
- In between projects I am also helping to resolve ongoing production problems.
- This effort entails analysis of the problem, developing and implementing a solution.
Confidential, Orangeburg, NY
- Helping to design and develop a system that uses Confidential, TSO/e, BMC, COBOL, and JCL to unload and parse Production DB2 tables and then load the data in support of the fourteen development and system test regions.
- Providing users with appropriate test data. I was also responsible for checking each region, after software migration, to verify that basic functionality remained intact.
DB2 Technical Lead
Confidential, Bridgman, MI
- I use Platinum and BMC Tools to monitor and maintain the Development and Test DB2 environments.
- I interfaced with the user community to gather and evaluate requirements. I also worked with the rest of the team to confirming test results.
- I also provided first line DB2 support to my co-workers and department management.