- 9 years of experience in Designing, developing hybrid cloud with strong innovative and technical Background working as Sr. AWS/DevOps engineer.
- Experienced in designing, deploying and maintaining various multitude applications utilizing almost all AWS services stack including Elastic Cloud Compute EC2, S3, EBS, EFS, Elastic Bean Stalk, Route 53, VPC, Cloud Front, Dynamo DB, Red Shift, RDS, Key Management Service (KMS), Identity & Access Management (IAM), Elastic Container Service (ECS), Elastic Load balancing, Cloud Formation, Elastic Cache, SNS, SQS focusing on high availability, fault - tolerance and auto scaling.
- Responsible for managing Amazon instances by taking AMIs and performing administration and monitoring of Amazon instances using Amazon Cloud Watch .
- Managed AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Chefand experienced in automating CI and CD pipeline with AWS Code Pipeline, Jenkins and AWS Code Deploy.
- Responsible in Designing and implementing Azure Cloud Environment and configured shared access signatures(SAS) tokens and storage access policies in Azure cloud infrastructure.
- Configured and deployed Azure Automation scripts for applications utilizing the Azure stack that including compute, blobs, ADF, Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL, Cloud services and ARM and utilities focusing on Automation
- Experienced in using cloud migration tools like Snowball, direct connect for migrating data from on-premises data centers to AWS Cloud.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration from pulling up the code from version control tools like GIT, SVN, CVS, IBM Clear Case and building Artifacts using build tools like Ant, Maven and Gradle. And deploying them into artifact repositories like Nexus and Maven.
- Worked in an agile development team to deliver an end to end continuous integration/continuous delivery product in an open source environment using tools like Puppet, Chef & Jenkins. Experienced in writing Chef Cookbooks and recipes in Ruby.
- Worked on Capistrano deployment framework to deploy applications into Dev, QA, Production servers.
- Managed all the bugs and changes into a production environment using the Jira tracking tool
- Designed Puppet Modules to manage configurations and automate installation process and developed automation scripting in Python using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Familiar with designing and deploying container-based production clusters using Docker.
- Experienced with Docker container service. Creating Docker files, Docker Images & Containers
- Experience with container-based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker hub and Docker registries, installation and configuring Kubernetes and clustering them.
- Implemented Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage Docker containers with multiple names spaced versions.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins, Docker for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployment.
- Good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) like Agile, Waterfall Methodologies
- Experienced in troubleshooting and automated deployment to web end application servers like WebLogic, and Apache Tomcat.
- Experienced in administering, deploying and managing and monitoring and troubleshooting almost all flavors of Linux like UBUNTU and CentOS and Red Hat servers.
- Develop core Java programs for all business rules and workflows using spring framework.
- Experienced in installing and maintaining different application and web servers like Web Sphere, Web logic, Apache Tomcat, Ngnix, WebLogic and JBoss.
- Integrating the code quality analysis tools like Junit, PMD, Sonar and monitoring tools like Nagios, Cloud watch and splunk.
DevOps Tools: Chef, Puppet, Vagrant, Maven, Ansible, Docker, Gradle, Splunk, OPS Work.
Cloud Environment: Amazon Web Services (AWS) EC2, Simple Storage Service (S3), RDS, VPC, Cloud Front, Cloud Trail, SES, Cloud Watch, Route53, Elastic Bean Stalk, Elastic Load Balancer
Linux: Red Hat, Fedora, SUSE, Debi, Ubuntu, CentOS, Unix
Languages/Scripts: Bash Shell, Perl, Python Scripts, Cobol, C, C++, Visual Basic, Java, J2EE
Databases: MySQL (phpMyAdmin), PostgreSQL (phpPgAdmin)
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Make file, Hudson, Jenkins, BA
Mail Servers: Postfix, PostgreSQL (Virtual mail box)
Apache2/Tomcat, JBoss, IBM: Web Sphere, WebSphere, JBoss
Virtual Server: VMware ESX 3.5.0 Server, VMware Infrastructure Client 2.5 &Xen 3.2
Version Control Tools: Subversion (SVN), Clear case, GIT, GIT Hub, Perforce, Code Commit
Other Tools: JIRA Project Management Tool, Eclipse, CUPS, DNS(BIND), DHCP, Samba, Firewall (Squid, IPTables), FTP, NFS, NIS
Sr. AWS/DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Dearborn, MI
- Configured a virtual data center in the Amazon Web Services cloud to support Enterprise data warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud(VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Table, Elastic Load Balancer.
- Leveraged Aws cloud services such as EC2, Auto scaling and VPC to build secure, highly Scalable, high available and flexible systems that can handled expected and unexpected load bursts.
- Created Aws Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT instances to ensure successful deployment of web applications and data base templates.
- Created Python scripts to totally automate Aws Services which includes ELB, Cloud front distribution, database, EC2 and database security, S3 bucket and application configuration, this script creates stacks, single servers or join web servers to stacks.
- Utilize AWS CLI to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS and create nightly AMI’s for mission critical production servers as backups.
- Worked with managing open stack infrastructure upgrades, expansion, scaling and troubleshooting on the most challenging, complex environments.
- Responsible for documenting the Future State Architecture of application and getting them approved from ARB (Architecture review Board).
- Involved in Architect, Build and maintain Highly Available secure multi-zone AWS cloud infrastructure utilizing Chef with AWS Cloud Formation and the Jenkins& Hudson for continuous integration. Responsible for CI environments
- Worked with Go language to build simple reliable and efficient software programs.
- Architecting high available, auto scalable platforms in AWS cloud on windows & Linux, Designing database high availability solutions on MS SQL & My SQL multi AZ RDS.
- Responsible for creating Aws Identity and Access Management(IAM) groups and Users for improved login authentication and providing security Group in both Public and Private Subnets in VPC.
- Experienced in Branching, labeling and Analyzing and resolving conflicts related to merging of source code in GIT and implemented a continuous Integration and Delivery pipeline using Docker, Jenkins and GIT. And also used Jenkins pipeline plugin to analyze the Maven dependencies and the SCM changes.
- Worked on Inbound and Outbound services with automation CHEF. Deployed multiple resources simultaneously, using Cloud Formation templates in AWS.
- Setting up the build and deployment automation for Terraform scripts using Jenkins and Used HCL scripts for writing terraform Scripts.
- Focused on containerization and immutable infrastructure, Docker has been core to this experience, along with Mesos, Marathon and Kubernetes.
- Automated deployment activities in middleware environment which includes portal applications running on Java using Puppet Master and Agent Nodes, Puppet manifests to automate the installations and deployment tasks in service oriented architecture (SOA).
- Experienced in Troubleshooting. Splunk search, quotas, monitor Inputs, WMI Issues, Splunk crash logs and Alert scripts.
- Involved in using Terraform migrate legacy and monolithic systems to Amazon Web Services.
- Provided high availability for IaaS VMs and PaaS role instances for access from other services in the VNet with Azure Internal Load Balancer.
- Creation and Maintenance of MS Azure Cloud Infrastructure and Virtual Network between MS Azure Cloud and On-premise network for backend communication.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the wrapper to manage the configuration of AWS nodes and test playbooks on AWS instance using Python. Ran Ansible scripts to provision Dev Servers.
- Utilized Jira for Bug Tracking, Nagios & Graphite for System monitoring, Cloud Watch and Cloud Trial for monitoring the cloud environment.
Environment: AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud Trail and Route 53), VDI, Linux, Ansible, Git version Control, VPC, AWS EC2, S3, Route53, EBS, IAM, ELB, Cloud watch, Cloud Trial, Cloud Formation, AWS CLI, AWS Auto Scaling, Azure, Maven, Jira, Nagios, Subversion, Jenkins, Ansible, Mesos, Docker, Kubernetes, Python, Ruby.
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Worked on EC2, S3, ELB, Auto scaling Servers, Glacier, Storage Lifecycle rules, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Formation, Cloud Front, RDS, VPC, Route 53, Cloud watch, IAM Roles, SNS subscription service.
- Experience using Identity and Access Management (IAM) to design policies, create roles and manage users and groups.
- Migrated service from a managed hosting environment to AWS including overall plan, cost analysis, service design, network layout, data migration, automation, deployments and cutover, monitoring, documentation, and timeline.
- Launched and configured Amazon EC2 Cloud Servers using AMI's (Linux/Ubuntu) and configured the servers for specified applications.
- Launched DNS, Route 53 and AWS Elastic Load balancer (ELB) and assigned AWS SSL Certificates to Servers.
- Worked on CICD pipeline tools like GoCd, Jenkins enterprise applications.
- Configured and maintained agents in GoCd and Jenkins CICD tools.
- Migrated puppet scripts to ansible playbooks.
- Configured ansible playbooks to use Confidentialvault.
- Wrote python scripts to retrieve key/value pairs from Confidential vault.
- Developed various ansible playbooks for automating the GoCd Configuration and ssh communication.
- Worked on docker images to install Sonarqube.
- Created images stored in the Docker container and uploaded to Docker hub.
- Worked on configuring Sonarqube for code quality reports.
- Configured the Auto scaling and ELB groups in AWS to main high scalable and secure environment.
- Deployed Docker application by using Service Release Automation (SRA) in AWS Infrastructure.
- Converted and automated builds using Maven and scheduled automated nightly builds using Jenkins.
- Deployed Docker Engines in Virtualized Platforms for containerization of multiple applications
- Implemented nightly builds on Jenkins and automated various scopes of testing on Jenkins
- Developed CI/CD system with Jenkins on Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build, test and deploy.
- Experience in deployment Automation using multiple tools Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, GIT, TFS, SonarQube ANT Scripts.
- Experience on Openshift platform in managing Docker containers and Kubernetes Clusters.
- Automated and performed smoke testing of products before promoting to QA.
- Wrote Perl & Shell Script for automation of Build & Release of Product
- Deployed and released multiple builds on different Environments and products.
- Worked with VI Editor to create and modify the unix scripts and text files.
- Managed Fast Apps (FE/ME/BE/BRMS/TC) by installing/upgrading, deploying war files, configuring/updating Data source connections and config property files on all non-prod servers.
- Improve availability and timeliness of test environments.
- Created docker containers using docker images to test the application.
Environment: Kubernetes, Jenkins, JIRA, Nagios, Linux, Docker, Chef, Ansible, Git version Control, Cloud Formation, AWS CLI, AWS Auto Scaling, Maven, Nagios, Subversion, Jenkins, Unix/Linux, Shell scripting, AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud Trail and Route 53)
Confidential, Lombard, IL
- Involved in deploying the content cloud platform on Amazon AWS using EC2, S3, and EBS.
- Setting up Live Environment on IIS/Apache Web Servers with various AWS Services EC2, VPC, LB, S3, RDS and Route53 including Reverse Proxy, Load Balancing, Monitoring, Backup and Migration tasks.
- Proficient in AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation AWS Configuration, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, IAM, S3, and R53.
- Set-up databases in AWS using RDS, storage using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket.
- Wrote Jenkins enterprise pipeline scripts to automate and deploy Certificate management.
- Developed gradle and maven build scripts.
- Pruned Artifactory repository on weekly basis.
- Experienced in Amazon Cloud (EC2) Hosting and AWS Administration including S3 and IAM Services.
- Created and design the AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, NAT subnets, for deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Extensive knowledge on Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes.
- Utilized kubernetes and docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploy.
- Used Docker as a new level of simplicity for defining and creating applications or services by encapsulating them in containers.
- Extensive knowledge in File & Print Server, IIS, FTP, Terminal Server.
- Responsible for configuring networking concepts like NIS, NFS, SAMBA, LDAP, SSH, FTP, SFTP, SNMP, DNS, DHCP, troubleshooting network problems such as TCP/IP, supporting users in solving their problems.
- Maintained high availability clustered and standalone server environments and refined automation components with scripting and configuration management using Ansible.
- Create, build Ansible playbooks including automation scripts with Python and Bash.
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services.
- Created Cloud formation stacks to easily provision resources in the AWS cloud.
- Create and maintain custom IAM policies for the groups to allow access to specific portions of the AWS resources.
- Worked with various AWS EC2, S3, CloudFront, VPC, IAM, SQS, Lambda, Kinesis and Route53 CLI tools.
- Worked on migration project of moving current applications in traditional datacenter to AWS by using AWS services.
- Maintained the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, SES and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Launched AmazonEC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services (Linux/ Ubuntu) and configured the launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Monitored system issues/updates for all assigned applications throughout the entire SDLC verified requirements were accurate, functional and implemented successfully within the timelines specified.
Environment: GIT, Ansible, Jenkins, Tomcat, Apache, Python, JIRA, Maven, Nexus, Puppet, RedHat Linux, Ubuntu, CentOS, Linux, JAVA, AWS EC2, AWS SQS, AWS S3, AWS Cloud Formation Templates, AWS RDS, AWS Cloud Watch
Build and Release Engineer
- Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet that include installation and configuration of Puppet master, Agent nodes, and an admin control workstation. Experienced in writing modules for Puppet and good understanding to analyze the manifests.
- Developing Maven and Shell Scripts to automatically compile, package, deploy and test J2EE applications to a variety of web logic applications.
- Configured local Maven repositories and multi-component ANT projects with Nexus repositories and scheduled projects in Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Created branches to developers and operating them through the GIT and using Bitbucket as our remote repository.
- Experienced in designing and implementing continuous integration system using Jenkins by creating Python and Perl Scripts.
- Managed the Subversion branching strategy for a few applications by creating Release branches, Development branches thus ensuring the integrity of trunk.
- Experienced in writing Shell Scripts, Python Scripts, Ruby Scripts and maintaining Different Virtualization environments like VM ware, Vagrant.
- Responsible to interface with Engineers and Operations to establish and maintain the software development structure using CI/CD tools on UNIX and Windows.
- Revolutionized the traditional build process with the automated Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment tool. Installed Jenkins CI to production, Development and test areas.
- Connected continuous integration system with GIT version control repository and continually build as the check-in's come from the developer.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT Repositories, views, Branches, Merges, and the access control strategies and implemented Subversion and GIT metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks.
Environment: GIT, SVN, Jenkins, Shell Scripts, Python Scripts, Perl Scripts, Ruby Scripts, VM ware, Vagrant, BitBucket, Maven, Ant, Puppet.
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of less complex network management software: researching, analyzing and implementing software patches or any hardware changes to fix any network deficiencies.
- Maintained and monitored all of company's servers' operating system and application patch level, disk space and memory usage, user activities on day-to-day basis.
- Installations of HP Open view, monitoring tool, in more than 300 servers. Attended calls related to customer queries and complaints, offered solutions to them.
- Worked with DBA team for database performance issues, network related issue on Linux / Unix Servers and with vendors for hardware related issues.
- Installation, configuration and administration of Red Hat Linux servers and support for Servers.
- Installation, maintenance and regular upgrades of Red Hat Linux Servers using kickstart based network installation.
- Disk Storage Management in AIX - Logical and Physical Volume management, configuring disks, working with volume groups, logical volumes, and physical volumes.
- Provided 24x7 System Administration support for Red Hat Linux 3.x, 4.xservers and resolved trouble tickets on shift rotation basis.
- Provide the support of building the server, patching, user administration tasks, deployment, software installation, performance tuning and troubleshooting and KVM.
- Monitoring system performance, tune-up kernel parameter, adding /removing /administering hosts, users, disks on DNS / NIS domain,
- Configuration of Hardware and Software RAID on Digital & Sun Servers
- Implemented NFS, DNS and NIS under SUN.
- Wrote bash shell scripts for getting information about various Linux servers
- Installed and Configured Send mail Utility on Sun UNIX Servers.
- Troubleshooting Backup and Restore Problems Creation of LVMs on SAN using Linux utilities
Environment: Linux(RHEL), Solaris, VMware, Bash, Perl, WebSphere, Web Apache, DHCP, FTP, Active Directory, ANT, Maven, NFS Server, HP Open View, UNIX.