- Over 8+ years of experience in IT industry compromising of Linux Administration, DevOps, Build and Release Engineering, building binaries, deployments of artifacts and entire life cycle model in Enterprise Applications.
- Proficient with methodologies of DevOps and production deployment which include Compiling, Packaging, Deploying and application configurations.
- Experience in scripting language such as Shell and Python.
- Skillful in building of deployment artifacts such as war & ear from source code using Maven.
- Development and configuration experience with software provisioning tools like Puppet and Ansible and knowledge on Ansible tower.
- Knowledge on Container management using Docker to create images.
- In depth knowledge/experience in creating Jenkins CI pipelines and good experience in automating deployment pipelines.
- Hands - On experience in Implement, Build, and Deployment of CI/CD pipelines, managing projects often includes tracking multiple deployments across multiple pipeline stages (Dev, Test/QA staging and production).
- Cloud infrastructure development using OpenStack (Nova, Ironic and Glance) Expert-level knowledge of Amazon EC2, S3, VPC, RDS, Elastic Load Balancing, Autoscaling, IAM, SQS, security groups, Lambda, Cloud Watch and other AWS services.
- Experience in various databases like DB2, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, Redshift.
- Experience with SaaS (Software as a Service), PaaS (Platform as a Service), and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) solutions.
- Skilled in monitoring servers using Nagios.
- Used GIT for branching, tagging, and merging.
- Good at Documenting and understanding User requirements and System Specifications.
- Versatile team player with good analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work directly with all levels of Management to gather user requirements.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and managerial skills.
Languages: Java, c#, ASP.NET, C/C++, Python, SQL, PL/SQL
Cloud Computing: AWS (EC2, ELB, DynamoDB, S3, CFT, RDS, IAM )
Configuration Management: Chef, Ansible, OpenStack
Source Code Management: Subversion, Git
Build Tools: Ant, Maven
CI Tools: Jenkins
Virtualization Tools: Docker, VMware, Virtual Box
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, DB
Web/Application Servers: Tomcat, WebLogicOperating systems: Windows, Linux/RHEL, Mac OS X, iOS.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Hands on experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) provisioning and good knowledge of AWS services like EC2, Elastic Load-balancers, Elastic Container Service, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Front, Elastic File system, VPC, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, IAM.
- Defined AWS Security Groups which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed reaching one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Working on Multiple AWS instances, set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Created Cloud Formation (CFT) templates and deployed AWS resources like EC2, Autoscaling, EBS, S3.
- Cloud infrastructure development using (Nova, Ironic and Glance)
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) with EC2 Autoscaling groups and monitored alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Installed, configured and managed the Ansible Configuration Management Tool and Manage the configurations of multiple servers using Ansible.
- Worked with Ansible playbooks for orchestration, provisioning, configuration management and application development.
- Experienced working with Ansible tower to create projects, inventory file, jinja2 templates and scheduling jobs.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances.
- Developed Ansible roles to maintain the large playbooks easily.
- Used the Ansible Galaxy, a shared repository for the roles to download, share and manage the roles.
- Designed Devops workflow for multiple applications by orchestrating Test, Build, Release and Deploy phases through various CI/CD pipelines using Git, Jenkins, Docker, Ansible & Cloud formation tools.
- Created inventory and configured the ansible.cfg files for parallel deployment in Ansible for automating the Continuous delivery process.
- Used Jenkins and Ansible for Continuous Integration and continuous deployment in multiple environments
- Written few jenkinsfiles using Groovy scripting.
- Provided WLST and configured various WebLogic components/services via python script.
- Build the deliverable artifacts using Maven as a build tool in Jenkins for Java applications and deploy them to various environments
- Worked on creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Provided ideas and concepts for future software development for build tools and requirements for release activities.
- Used Maven Dependency Management system to deploy the snapshots and release versions of code to the Nexus repository. Created site for the application using the Maven site.
- Managed the Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between the projects.
- Integrated GIT with Jenkins using the GitLab plugin to automate the process of source code check-out by providing the URL and credentials of the GIT repository.
- Assisted developers with appropriate branching and resolved the conflicts related to merging of the source code.
- Used Apache Tomcat as the application server for the deployment of the code on windows and Linux environments.
- Build the artifacts through Jenkins CICD pipeline wherein for every 1-hour triggering Poll SCM in the Build Trigger. Resolved the issues occurred during the build process.
- Used Junit for the unit testing of the application.
- Installed and configured the Nexus Repository Manager for storing the artifacts within the organization.
- Deployed the artifacts stored in the Nexus to the Apache Tomcat Server.
- Migrating the data to respective DEV and QA Oracle database before doing code roll-out
- Accomplished the goal of making release management a streamlined process in the project within a short span of time.
- Managed Release issues and risks, escalating to the appropriate levels as needed. Managed multiple environments for various phases of code promotion.
- Improved the productivity and reduced the time utilized for project deliverables by making improvements in the build and release processes.
Confidential, Honolulu, HI
DevOps Engineer/AWS Engineer
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using AWS (Linux/ Ubuntu/RHEL) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Performed S3 buckets creation, policies and on the IAM role based polices and customizing the JSON template.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS Cloud watch.
- Managed servers on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform instances using Chef Configuration management.
- Redesigned infrastructure for high availability using multiple AWS availability zones.
- Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef server.
- Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/ Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3&ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Create Chef Automation tools and builds, and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Converting production support scripts to Chef recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Involved in Bootstrapping instances using Chef and integrating with auto scaling.
- Manage the configurations of multiple servers using Chef.
- Written Chef Cookbooks and recipes to Provision several pre-prod environments consisting of Cassandra DB installations, WebLogic installation and creation of profiles.
- Downloaded several Chef cookbooks from the Chef supermarket.
- Responsible for managing the Chef Client nodes and upload the cookbooks to chef-server from Workstation.
- Experience in working with Attributes, Cookbooks, Recipes and Templates in Chef
- Used Chef Configuration management system to develop automation and monitoring web application and database servers.
- Installing and configuring the Terraform and building the infrastructure using terraform configuration file.
- Involved in setting up baseline code in GIT, created branches managed parallel development and performed merges and code roll outs
- Experienced in build and deployment of Java applications on to different environments such as QA, UAT and Production.
- Implemented Continuous Integration by integrating with different tools like Maven, GIT, Sonarqube, Nexus with Jenkins.
- Installed Sonarqube and integrated the database to the Sonarqube server.
- Integrated Sonarqube with various plugins.
- Deployed the java application into web application servers like Apache Tomcat.
- Experienced in deployment of applications on Apache Web server,and Application Servers such as Tomcat, JBoss.
- Implemented unit testing framework driven using Junit and Cucumber.
- Worked with various scripting languages like Shell, Ruby and Python.
- Coordinated with the Offshore and Onshore teams for Production Releases
- Strengthened the relationship with client by delivering successfully and this helped in moving more project scope to offshore.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Installed and administered GIT and ensured reliability of application besides working on branching strategies for GIT.
- Integrated JIRA with GIT to help the change management process run smoothly.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process, developed Custom Scripts to monitor repositories, Server storage.
- Used Shell/Python scripts to automate the deployment process.
- Automated Continuous Build and Deploy Scripts for Jenkins Continuous Integration tool.
- Worked on CI/CD tools Jenkins and GIT version control system for continuous smooth code release process.
- Implemented Maven builds for creating JAR, WAR and EAR artifact.
- Automated Weekly releases with Maven scripting for Compiling Java Code, Debugging and Placing Builds into Maven Repository.
- Implemented testing environment for Kubernetes and administered Kubernetes clusters.
- Worked on setting up Websphere Application servers, and configuring SVN and database connection over Eclipse IDE for development teams.
- Worked with developers for resolving runtime failures troubleshoot Build and Deployment Issues, with minimal downtime.
- Experienced administering a large scale distributed application environment.
- Resolved system issues and inconsistencies in coordination with QA and engineering teams.
Build and Release Engineer
- Interacted with supporting teams to understand client deployment requests.
- Worked closely with Project Managers to understand a code/configuration release scope and how to confirm a release was successful.
- Setting up Jenkins master, adding the necessary plugins and adding more slaves to support scalability and agility.
- Configured application servers (Tomcat) to deploy the code.
- Integrated Maven with Jenkins for the builds as the Continuous Integration process.
- Build Java code in different Jenkins servers as per the schedule.
- Planning and setting up of Continuous Integration for various properties on Jenkins with Commit, Component, Assembly, Deploy and Smoke jobs.
- Setting up commit builds to check for compilation failures of checked-in source code by the developers to accelerate CI.
- Assembly, deploy jobs to list the exact configuration of packages with all their dependencies, settings and deploying them to various environments for running tests.
- Working with the development team to increase the unit test code coverage.
- Establish CI/CD for trunk and branches to support parallel development.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of build and release process.
- Building pom.xml file using MAVEN as build tool, collineating Jenkins with Maven.
- Creating SMTP severs for the email notifications of the build status to the concerned recipients.
- Planning the releasing activities and delivering them on schedule
- Managing nightly builds, weekly builds, feature addition builds, Integrating the latest available changes / components to the product software.
- Upgraded Linux Kernel using YUM.
- Configuration and troubleshooting for Red Hat Linux.
- Performances, CPU and Memory monitoring of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Install, configure, tuning, security, backup, recovery and upgrades of RHEL 5.5 and higher
- Creating and maintaining user, groups account on Linux server and Day to day resolving ticket issues.
- Hands on experience using the VIM editor.
- Communicated with all levels of engineering, management, development and test teams.
- Performed troubleshooting to make VMware tools run on Linux Guest OS.
- Administering and troubleshooting of Redhat Clusters.
- Adding and removing nodes from and to the cluster.
- Configured RHEL servers, including creating configuration menu and scripts to make the process more efficient and reproducible.
- Interacted with business users for gathering the requirements for on boarding the applications to Citrix Servers.
- Configured, imaged, deployed, and integrated new equipment into the environment.
- Involved in working with WebSphere App server admin console for deploying applications.
- Firmware upgrade, managing the servers, collecting Logs, open KVM console for troubleshooting.
- Worked closely with developers and managers to resolve the issues that rose during the deployments to different environments.