Protocols: OSPF,BGP, IGMP,PIM,MPLS,IPV6,HTTP,TCP/IP, STP, VLANS
Traffic generators: IXIA,Spirent
Switches: Catalyst 6500,6880,6807,4500,2900, VSS, Instant Access 6800 - IA,FEX, Nexus7k
Scripting languages: TcL,Python
Virtualization: VMware ESXi,Vsphere, Vmotion, HA, FT, Vcenter
WAN Optimization: Nortel application accelerators, Nortel Application Switches, Alteon cache engine
Load Balancers: Nortel Alteon Load balancer, F5 BIG-IP
IOS layers L2: L7 protocol testing and QA
- Twelve years of experience in computer networking, TCP/IP, Cisco IOS, Protocols L2-L7 Configuration, Testing, Manual and Automation, Network deployment certifications, Service provider network upgrades, Product support, Cisco TAC, customer escalations
- Good understanding on Cisco IOS release process for various platforms.
- Delivered different projects over past ten years like Virtual Switching Systems, Quadsup switches, InstantAccess IA Fabric Extenders, 2800, 2900, 3700 access switches as FEX, 10G/40G Line cards and Supervisor engines.
- Excellent knowledge on design methodologies, product and Quality assurance lifecycle
- Has good knowledge in various networking protocols, IP Multicast technologies, PIM, IGMP, MVPN, Multicast service reflect with MPLS, Application layer protocols SSL,HTTP, Layer2 protocols, VLAN, STP, VTP, routing protocols, BGP, OSPF, Redistribution, High availability processes SSO,ISSU, LDP, MPLS, MPLS VPN, VPLS, BFD
- Worked on several Cisco platforms like 7200 routers, 7500, 7600, 6500 switches, 2900,ASR1k, 6800IA, 2900,4500,6807-XL,6880 and catalyst switches .
- Worked as release program manager for catalyst 6500 switches
- Virtual switching systems VSS and Fabric Extenders FEX architecture testing and implementation
- Excellent knowledge on cisco automation framework ATS, autoeasy.
- FPGA and firmware upgrades with different tools Xilinx Impact, Altera Quartus programmer, MicroSemi FlashPro, LTC primerion.
- Preparing test plans, Code Reviews, Generating test reports, Preparing Bug summary reports
- Worked on traffic generation tools PAGENT, IXIA, Spirent, Agilent and HTTP tools
- Experience in test plan management tools,Defect tracking tools BugZilla,Clarify CRM, CDETS,QDDTS.
- Knowledge on applications like Microsoft exchange server, Apache servers, SAP, Portal servers and IIS server
Network Deployment and Escalation Architect
- In depth analysis and Deep trouble shooting of complex issues reported to 7600 Business unit
- Escalation Interface with software, hardware, marketing TME and customer support teams to address technical and operational issues reported by the end customers.
- Creating troubleshooting documents for TAC, HTTS cisco support centers, tech zone posts
- Service providers network upgradations, stable IOS recommendations, CPOC testing reviews
- Very good troubleshooting skills with multicast, routing and switching protocols, Snooping,
- Creating Field Notices about product specifications to be visible to customers
- Publishing images with critical bug fixes as engineering special requests
- Handling the change management involving configuration changes, new installations, provisioning links, critical network changes & enhancements and ensuring that all changes are pre-approved and documented.
- Reviewing MOP and preparing Action plan for Maintenance windows/Troubleshooting sessions.
- Network infrastructure design and support which include Cisco Routers 7200, 7600,ASR9k, Switches (3750, 3550, 2924, 6509-V-E, 6513, 6800, Nexus 7k, 5k), and Big IP F5 GTM,LTM (ADC),Nortel Alteon load balancers, SSL VPN.
- Designed and Configured Nexus 7k/5k/2k in Core/Aggr/Access Top of Rack & End of Row Architecture for a Scalable Production Network that supports Rack & Blade server architecture in a Multi-Tenancy environment using VPC, VDC & VRF on a 10G backbone in Production and DR Data Center.
- Troubleshooting of complex LAN/WAN infrastructure that include routing protocols EIGRP, OSPF & BGP, MPLS
- Involved in migration from Cisco Catalyst 6513 switches with Sup 720 to Nexus 7009 with Nexus 7000 Supervisor 2E, F&M line cards in data center with features like VPC and VDC's. Migrated Servers from 6500 Platform to Nexus without any application outage.
- Deployed Nexus 2248 Fabric Extenders, 5596 series Fabric Interconnect with features VPC, VDC, and Fabric Path for high availability and redundant server farm environment.
- Expertise in implementing and troubleshooting complex layer 2 technologies such as VLAN Trunks, VTP, Ether channel, STP, RSTP and MST. Implementation of HSRP, VRRP for Default Gateway Redundancy.
TAC Network Engineer
- Supporting cisco customers in Design and Implement the network architecture with HA (High Availability) and DR (Disaster Recovery) solution for applications with catalyst switches and routers.
- Interaction with 3rd party vendors, Client Teams and onsite Systems Engineers as necessary to resolve network issues
- Expertise in handling Service restoration calls for Priority 1 and 2 level issues.
- Create and maintain detailed up to date technical documentation (e.g. standards, process, change requests)
- Attend status review meetings and prepare, send the status reports to stake holders.
- Troubleshooting network connectivity issues between different network sites.
- Monitoring the networks for 99% uptime
- Implemented HP Openview and SNMP for device management and statistics
- Implementing, configuring and debugging routing policies and ACL.
- Integrating new sites and Implementation of QOS policies for new customers
- Interaction with Telcos for circuit issues and upgradations
Senior software Engineer
- Testing routing protocols, MPLS VPN, multicast features on catalyst 6500,6800 switches, system testing, scalability and performance . Data plane convergence issues, control plane issues debugging
- Worked with VSS, FEX architectures,10G,40Gig supervisor and Linecard architectures.
- Worked on OSPF, BGP, MULTICAST PIM SM,SSM, BIDIR, NAT, High Availability methods like SSO,ISSU, VSS, MPLS, MPLS VPN, Routing .
- Automated multicast service reflect, IPv6 PIM feature.
- Analysis of defects found in different phases of testing and preparing the test strategy for zero CFR
- Following multidimensional testing approach to reduce the number of customer found defects (CFDs).
Senior Software Engineer.
- Automation and Running regression suites for all IOS, IOS-XE, ION products and releases
- Developing different test tools for improving IOS quality like ISSU, Sub systems tool,AFFT tool.
- Free form testing to improve cisco IOS image quality for high incoming CFD features
- Integrating new features scripts to test environment
- Integrating new hardware in existing regression test setups
- Debugging catalyst switch platform board level failures and Hardware lab facility bringup
- Sprom and EEprom programming, ASIC BGA rework coordination and implementation
- Working with different debugging tools Microsemi, Aletra USB, Xilinx, PCAMAPs, diag images and product operations and supply chain teams for hardware issues.
- Working with Hardware, Firmware, supply chain teams for product quality improvement
senior software QA engineer
- The Nortel Application switch (NAS)/ Nortel Application Accelerator - WAN optimization and accelerator project.
- Testing Browser cache optimization,Delta encoding,Smart compression, and HTTP Connection pooling .
- Testing Load balancing protocols VRRP and Server load balancing features, Radius,diameter protocols
- Bringup new servers win2k,Linux,IBM websphere, Oracle for testing web traffic optimization.
- Responsible for providing Infrastructure support at Network Operations Center
- Monitor & Analyze Network Performance to detect problems and find ways to improve
- Analysis and diagnosis of highly complex networking problems in the Campus and Data Center Environment .
- Build simulated networks in test labs to resolve highly complex problems and compatibility issues.
- Testing and deployment of new features and software releases for Scaling network requirements,
- Trouble shooting deep customer issues with Nortel passport switches.
- Automation of network operations with robust tools like HP-UX and protocols like SNMP
- Deploying server load balance solution with Nortel Alteon switches
Engineer- Network Operations
- Testing and Configuring ISDN & Leased Lines for VSAT redundancy on 1700,2600,3600,3700, 7500 series of Cisco routers and on Hughes network systems appliances .
- Experience in maintaining the Performance Monitoring & reporting tools, Opnet (Appresponse Expert), Solarwinds, Sevone, Smarts, Analyze and Troubleshoot Network Performance issues .
- Continually update understanding of business and technology status and objectives and respond to strategic design requests as the business evolves.
- Responsible for the network capacity planning and Network sla, to represent network team at the monthly Network capacity and SLA meetings.
- Co-coordinating with Incident management and problem management in getting the network issues resolved at the earliest