- Around 6 years of IT experience as a DevOps Engineer in CI (Continuous Integration), CD (Continuous Delivery) and strong knowledge in solving complex problems with creative solutions, supporting development and operation environments.
- Certified AWS Developer Associate with expertise in Amazon AWS Cloud Administration which includes services: EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, Route 53, Auto Scaling, Security Groups, SNS, SQS and Cloud Formation.
- Strong experience in CI (Continuous Integration)/CD (Continuous Delivery) software development pipeline stages like Commit, Build, Automated Tests and Deploy.
- Extensive experience on working with the Configuration/Deployment Tools like CHEF (Knife, recipe, cookbook), ANSIBLE (Playbook, inventory) and PUPPET (Puppet manifests, Factor, catalog).
- Proficient in writing Ansible Playbooks and chef cookbooks & Recipes to manage systems configuration. Experience in integrating the infrastructure automation using Ansible.
- Expertise in AWS Cloud IaaS stage with components VPC, ELB, Security Groups, EBS, AMI, Cloud Watch, CloudFront and Direct Connect.
- Experience working with Puppet Enterprise and PuppetOpen Source. Installed, configured, upgraded and managed PuppetMaster, Agents & Databases. Integration of Puppet with Apache
- Experience working with Chef Enterprise and Chef OpenSource, ChefDK, Chef Workstation, Chef Server, Chef - Client.
- In-depth and extensive knowledge of Splunk architecture and various components (indexer, forwarder, search head, deployment server), Heavy and Universal forwarder, License model.
- Experience in working with container based deployments using Docker, Docker images, Docker file, Docker Hub, Docker Compose and Docker registries.
- Experience in managing and setting up Continuous Integration using tools like Jenkins/Hudson and Bamboo.
- Build servers using AWS which includes importing necessary volumes, launching the EC2 instance , creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers, Route 53 and SNS as per the architecture.
- Extensive experience automating tasks using scripting languages like Shell, Python, Ruby and Perl.
- Experience working with AWS Cloud computing and involved in creating AWS instances and Worked on Multiple AWS instances , setting up the security groups , Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs , Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Experience in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Subversion (SVN), GIT (GitHub, GitLab).
- Experience in setting monitoring tool such as CloudWatch and Nagios to maintain different systems on various environments.
- Expertise in Source Code Management tools such as SVN, GIT, Clear Case and TFSadministration.
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & ear from source code.
- Worked on POC for cluster management using internal Kubernetes service on GCP to address the scalability and performance issues.
- Experience in Cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates and migration to Amazon web Services from Datacenter.
- Involved in activities like Installing and configuring Application servers such as Apache, Web logic, Web sphere, Jboss and Iplanet on LINUX server.
- Extensive experience in CentOS/RHEL /Ubuntu System Administration, System Builds, Server Builds, Installations, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Trouble shooting on RHEL 5.x,6.x,7, Centos, Troubleshooting Server issues.
- Administered, installed, supported LINUX Networking services and protocols like NIS, NIS+, LDAP, DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP, NFS, FTP, SSH, SAMBA, Configuring NFS shares and NFS mounts and troubleshooting and fixing the network problems.
- Worked with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA and Clear Quest.
Operating Systems: Linux(Red Hat, CentOS,SUSE), OS Windows XP/2k3/2k8/2k12, UNIX and RHEL 5/6/7, Centos and Ubuntu.
DevOps: Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes.
SCM Tools: Bit Bucket, Code Commit, Subversion, Clear case, GIT
CI Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Gradle, Jenkins and Bamboo
Tracking tools: Jira, Clear Quest
Cloud Technologies: Amazon Web Services, OpenStack, and Microsoft Azure.
Web servers: Apache Tomcat, Jboss, Web logic, Websphere
Scripting: Shell Scripting (ksh, sh, csh, perl, bash, sed, awk, python ), Ruby Python.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Zabbix, AppDynamics and Splunk.
Databases: Nosql, mongodb, Oracle 11g, MySQL and SQL Server.
Repositories: Nexus, Jfrog Artifactory
AWS Devops Engineer
- Configuring and maintaining Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with ANT and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins Continuous Integration tool on Linux machines along with adding/updating plugins such as GIT, ANT, and Chef .
- Involved in development and implementation one of the complicated and vast on-premises data warehouse project to Amazon Web Services.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to Tomcat Application servers in an agile continuous integration process and automated the whole process using Maven.
- Create Chef Automation tools and builds, and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Experience in setting up the Chef workstation, Chef repo as well as Chef nodes.
- Used existing cookbooks from Chef Marketplace and customizing the recipes with respect to each VM.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on AWS & configuration management using Chef .
- Working on Agile projects for DevOps team to help deliver critical functionality to a cloud based service.
- Working on Build Automation and Build Pipeline Development using Jenkins and Maven.
- Working on AWS to manage the applications in the cloud. Worked with various components of AWS like S3 bucket, AMI, EC2, Autoscaling .
- Automated the cloud deployments using Chef and AWS cloud formation templates .
- Involved in developing cookbooks for Httpd, MySQL etc and versioned then using Git .
- Worked with various components of Chef including Chef Server, workstations, Nodes, configurations of chef-client and writing recipes for Chef and assigning roles to nodes.
- Manage AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our environments.
- Working on AWS & Openstack cloud to provision new instances. S3 Storage Services.
- Provisioning and maintaining Amazon AWS server provisioning via chef . This included the provisioning of the instances , ELBs, DNS . Also contributed code to the Jenkins-AWS module on GitHub as part of this.
- Involved in container management using Docker by writing Dockerfiles and set up the automated build on Docker HUB and installed and configured Kubernetes .
- Using Kubernetes, managing containerized applications using its nodes, ConfigMaps, selector, Services and deployed application containers as Pods .
- Automated Openstack and AWS deployment using Cloud Formation, chef and Terraform.
- Implementing AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer and Auto scaling groups, Optimized volumes and EC2 instances .
- Implementing and maintaining the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS Cloud watch .
- Working on the migration from VMware to AWS, and used Chef to automate the infrastructure in AWS by creating EC2, S3, RDS, VPC and Route 53 .
- Developing Chef recipes to configure, deploy and maintain software components of the existing infrastructure.
- Using Chef written 200+ cookbooks like TOMCAT and BASEPACKAGES for an application to automate and to manage Web Applications, Configuration Files, Data Base, Commands, and Packages.
- Developed build scripts using ANT and MAVEN as the build tools for the creation of build artifacts like war or ear files.
- Setting up private networks and sub-networks using Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and creating security groups to associate them with the networks.
- Designed AWS CloudFormation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Performed S3 buckets creation, policies and also on the IAM role based polices and customizing the JSON template.
- Using GitHub as version control to store source code and implementing GIT for branching and merging operations for Java Source Code.
- Creating automated application installer scripts using Python and Ruby for various applications to be hosted on the servers
- Integrated Jenkins with GIT to pull codes and Maven to push artifacts to AWSS3.
- Creating Docker images from scratch and customized and modified base images from existing environment configurations and maintaining the image repo for development teams.
- Working in DevOps team running Jenkins in Docker container with EC2 slaves in AWS cloud configuration.
- Implemented & maintained the Branching and Build/Release strategies utilizing Subversion ( SVN).
- Working on creating and implementing application monitoring, and logging strategies using New Relic, Logstash, Elasticsearch, and Kibana.
- Deploying the built Docker image on Mesos using Marathon. Using a multi-container setup deployed on Mesos .
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environment needs. Used Docker containers for eliminating a source of friction between development and operations.
- Installed, Configured, Managed Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, Nagios for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN and initiated them using Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Ensure JIRA capture add-on and configure JIRA capture tool for exploratory testing, easy creation of issue with browser extension by pre-filling templates.
- Attended daily stand up meetings, Sprint planning meetings and Weekly release health check-up meetings as best practices of agile environment.
Environment : Chef, AWS,GIT, SVN, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Splunk, Jira, SVN, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Mesos and Python .
Confidential, Milipitas, CA
- As a DevOps Engineer responsible for the day to day administration and administration of RHEL 5, 6/ Centos which includes installation, testing, tuning, upgrading and loading patches, troubleshooting server issues.
- Defined and Implemented CM and Release Management Processes, Policies and Procedures.
- Experienced in the Design/Architecture of AWS and hybrid cloud solutions.
- Demonstrated competency with the following AWS services: EC2, ELB, S3, CLOUD WATCH, RDS, VPC, Route53, IAM, Cloud Front, Cloud Formation and Ability to make recommendations on
- Dockers can be integrated into various tools like AWS, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Bamboo, Vagrant, Jenkins & VMware containers.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching; Continuous Delivery is being enabled through Deployment into several environments of Test, QA, Stress and Production using Jenkins and Nexus.
- Work closely with the Networks and Security Team in opening firewalls and DNS requests required for the infrastructure and applying the SSL and F5, PCI for secure application delivery.
- Meeting the release milestones, attending weekly release meetings.
- Participating in design, code, and test inspections throughout the life cycle to identify issues/defects; participate in other meetings.
Environment: Subversion, Docker, Jenkins,Chef, Maven, GIT, ANT, AWS, Python, Unix Shell Scripting.
Build and Release engineer
Confidential, Reston, Virgina
- Extensively worked on automating infrastructure in AWS using amazon web services, deploying through puppet to completely provision and manage AWS EC2 instances, volumes, DNS, and S3.
- Integrated Amazon Cloud Watch with Amazon EC2 instances for monitoring the log files, store them and track metrics.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management using Puppet.
- Created Puppet manifests and modules to automate system operations. Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch.
- Implemented a Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment framework using Jenkins, and Maven in Linux environment.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Installed and configured Puppet to automate the application deployment in the production servers creating puppet modules and manifests.
- Integrated Ansible to manage all existing servers and automate the build/configurations of new servers.
- Using Virtual Client Infrastructure Console installing the Linux on several VMware virtual servers.
- Provided support on different Package Managers like Red Hat Package Manager and YUM for Patching of different software.
- Designed and developed continuous deployment pipeline, integrating GIT, Jenkins and Puppet across geographically separated hosting zones in AWS .
- Used Puppet to configure and manage infrastructure. Wrote Manifests and modules to automate the configuration setups.
- Used Jenkins and Puppet to perform automated CI Builds and Deployments.
- Created customized AMIs based on already existing AWS EC2 instances by using create image functionality, hence using this snapshot for disaster recovery.
- Implemented Configuration Management, Change Management policies and procedures.
- Worked on Plugin Management, User Management and END-END build and deploy setup using Jenkins.
- Involved in utilizing Puppet for configuration management of hosted Instances within AWS .
- Used Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS.
- Involved in design and maintenance of the CVS/Subversion Repositories and the access control strategies.
- Maintaining and creating Scripts Using Shell for automating Various System Processes
- Involved in checking for updates on latest kernel and downloading it from YUM server and created repo and making it available for installation purpose for target servers.
- Worked on Shell scripts like Bash, and also worked on the existing scripting language.
- Automating the installs using Jumpstart and Kickstart and building post install scripts using Shell scripting in SUN Solaris and RHEL Servers.
- Extensively involved in writing the Modules and Manifests in puppet as per the client requirement.
- Created branches and managed the source code for various applications in GIT.
- Used MAVEN to build rpms from source code checked out from GIT with Jenkins being the Continuous Integration Server and Artifactory as repository manager.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN and initiated them using Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Checking the availability of certain RPM packages, if there are not available by default installing them on Oracle.
- Used the Monitoring Tools like - Nagios to perform the monitoring of systems.
- Provided 24X7 on-call support on rotation basis and Handling High priority incidents through bridge calls.
Environment: : Puppet, AWS,GIT, SVN, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Ansible, Docker, Splunk, Jira, SVN,Kickstart and Python.
Linux /Unix Administrator
- Installed and configured Solaris 8,9,10 using CD media, Jumpstart and RHEL 4.x, 5.x using CD media, Kickstart.
- Installed and upgraded software packages for Linux and Solaris Servers using RHN, and sun update manager.Administered and troubleshoot Solaris and RHEL installed on Sun Fire and IBM blade.
- Implemented system upgrades including hardware, operating system and patch upgrades.
- Created, modified, and deleted users, groups and group memberships as per requirements in Linux.
- Analyzed and monitored resource utilization, and system performance using various system tools such as vmstat, sar etc.
- Made backups of the directories and files using the tar, gzip, and gunzip tools.
- Wrote shell scripts for monitoring the systems and applications such as monitoring the processes in all the servers, and also run cron jobs using cron and at.
- Managed volume and file system using VxVM, SVM and ZFS on Solaris and LVM in Linux .
- Configured NFS on Solaris and Linux servers.
- Created and maintained Solaris 10 zones.Experience installing and configuring SSH(Secure Shell)encryption in order to access securelyon Ubuntu and Red hat Linux. Responsible for configuring and connection to SSH through SSH clients like Putty and Cyber duck.
- Installed Apache Webserver, WebLogic Application Server, and Oracle database in the servers.
- Configured domains, admin and managed servers in WebLogic application server to deploy web/enterprise applications.
- Involved in documentation of Solaris and RHEL environment and configuration details
Environment: Sun Solaris 8, 9, 10, Redhat 4.x, 5.x, Sun Fire 4800, 6800, 6900, M5000, M8000, v440, v480, v490, IBM Blade, RHN satellite server, Sun update manager, cron, scripting, VxVM, SVM, ZFS, LVM, Apache, BEA WebLogic 8.1, Oracle 9i.