- Information Security Manager/Consultant/Architect/Risk Manager having over 30 years of combined experience in management and comprehensive network security services to government and commercial organizations.
- He has served in nearly all aspects of computer security and information assurance for more than 22 years performing threat analysis including 15 years specifically in risk management.
- Well versed in proposal writing and skilled in business development.
- He is highly knowledgeable in all areas of information security, technology, policy and procedures. Project/Security Manager of numerous projects supporting Confidential and federal agencies in policy, contingency planning, certification and accreditation, security requirements review, threat, intrusion detection, and data correlation and analysis. He provided the Confidential chairman technical support in all areas of cybersecurity, specializing in secure routing and mobile security for consumers.
- He also provided technical support for the CSRIC secure routing and mobile security working groups, as well as developing training in cybersecurity for small and medium businesses.
SOC Management, IDS, Firewall, SEIM, DLP, DRP, Unix scripting, Network forensics, HoneyPots, Vulnerability Scanning and Management
- Supported all aspects of Cybersecurity operations for Confidential . Updated SOC incident response SOPs. Prepared daily, weekly and monthly reporting to the CISO.
- Responsible for all the security operations and integration of threat analysis of the Confidential including all the network infrastructure and system tools.
- Developed processes for integrating newly developed MS Azure Security Center into daily detection and response operations for Confidential .
- Performed information assurance assessment and authorization analysis, primarily reviewing information assurance controls ( Confidential SP 800 - 53), and developing and conducting risk analysis supporting FISMA related tasks, for an AWS Cloud application in GovCloud for US Census. Developed Agile Security Stories supporting cloud security accreditation.
- Performed information assurance assessment and authorization analysis, reviewing security assessments (including analyzing the security of ports and protocols), developing and conducting risk analysis to translate that data into quantifiable information of the AO so he could make informed decisions concerning which systems to accredit, as well as, how to allocate limited resources to supporting FISMA related requirements for the Confidential .
Information Assurance Systems Analyst
- Performed information assurance assessment and authorization analysis, security assessments (including analyzing the security of ports and protocols) and made recommendations to the Information System Security Managers to bring their systems into compliance supporting FISMA related tasks.
- Analyzed deficiencies and documented them in Plans of Actions and Milestones (POA&Ms) or requests prepared for Acceptance of Risk (AoR).
- Responsible for maintaining security posture status in the Government systems of record where this information can be reviewed by Approval Authorities or other external IA organizations when necessary.
- Support the accreditation to migrate applications and physical systems for 16 information systems residing in Confidential managed data centers to VMware virtualization platforms (DOD Cloud).
- Utilized Confidential, Fortify, AppDetective and WebInspect scan results, as well as STIGs, SRGs and other checklists to assist in the prioritization of remediation and mitigation efforts.
Cyber Security Engineer
- Cyber security risk management providing technical support (including analyzing the security of ports and protocols) for the CSRIC secure routing working groups (BGP SEC and RPKI), Confidential and to the Confidential in all areas of Cybersecurity.
- Cybersecurity issues and developing presentations, speeches and a web presence for IPv6, IT Supply Chain Risk Management (SCRM), as well as law enforcement monitoring,
- Supported Congressional Hearings, Small Businesses and Consumers.
- Reviewed all public safety communications systems to ensure that they are in adherence with the Confidential Cyber Security Framework and assisting in the application of the Risk Management Framework ( Confidential ) for Cybersecurity to all public safety communications systems that are also Critical Infrastructure including FirstNet, PSAP, NG911, EAS and Public Safety Communications Confidential .
- Supported development of the Federated Confidential solution for FirstNet. Developed the first 2 phases of pilots to integrate disparate systems with Federated Confidential solutions.
- Developed security policy/playbook for cell phone users on how to security their phones as well as developed and presented training to SCORE, for SMB, on how to prioritize the security of their infrastructures.
SOC Manager and technical security lead/Architect
- Responsible for all the security operations and threat analysis of the Confidential including all the network infrastructure and system tools.
- Directed the overall security direction of the Confidential including policies, procedures and security architecture (including analyzing the security of ports and protocols).
- Developed and implemented the security architecture (including analyzing the security of ports and protocols) and operated all IA tools (19 total including Nessus, Checkpoint, CounterACT and ArcSight) at the Confidential, that included managing the risk of 1 trillion of Confidential loans.
- Architected (including analyzing the security of ports and protocols) and transitioned the network infrastructure to NETWORKS and trained all the networking team as well and the 5 new SOC personnel on the use of all 19 tools, either installing or making them functional, including the firewall, DLP, IDS, all scan tools and the SEIM.
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
Information Assurance Manager
- Responsible for the comprehensive IA program at the Confidential ’s Enterprise Systems Integration Program that links ERP and data warehouses in the Confidential .
- Served as the IAM/IASO and successfully prepared for and completed several inspections and assessments in minimal time.
- Developed the SAP application security program that including the security implementation to meet all STIG IA control requirements supporting FISMA related tasks.
- Managed the risk of all of the Confidential ’s tactical logistics systems, training SAP engineers on how to do threat analysis of the SAP security tools and document the security policies in the ERP system.
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
Information Security Principal/Architect
- Senior risk manager/threat analyst for much of Confidential and nearly half of the federal government in DC.
- Supported the successful DIACAP ATO certification and accreditation of HQ Air Force for both unclassified and classified networks, specifically analyzing the threats and prioritizing remediation of all systems and infrastructure.
- Responsible for all CNA documentation including utilization of eMass in support of HQAF supporting FISMA related tasks, while mentoring 5 junior personnel.
- Acting Information Assurance program manager (IAPM) for the Criminal Investigations Command (CIDC).
- Established, managed, and assessed the effectiveness of all aspects of the information assurance (IA) program, including conducting routing ISS scans and monitoring intrusion logs (RealSecure).
- Develop, manage, and maintain a formal IA security program that includes defining the IA personnel structure and ensuring the appointment and training on developed procedures of all IA personnel, as required.
- Develop, implement, and enforce Confidential, regional, or command-unique IA policies.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for IA-related actions, including Information Assurance vulnerability management (IAVM) reporting, compliance, vulnerability assessments, threat analysis, and feedback to Confidential staff on current and upcoming IA policies.
- Ensure the DITSCAP program was implemented and oversaw the successful accreditation of 4 law enforcement databases. (All aspects from start to finish)
- Supported the completion of Certification of all 3 classification networks at the Counter Intelligence Task Force (CITF) including threat analysis of individual system as well as the infrastructure.
- Ensured and trained all DAAs to maintain a repository for all systems' C&A documentation and modifications.
- Provided daily assistance to subordinate commands on the accreditation of numerous networks at all classification levels including conducting network scans utilizing Retina and ISS.
- Transitioned the Confidential to DIACAP, Confidential and then Confidential certification and accreditation procedures.
- Technical computer security advisor to the Confidential, providing security support services related to current and future FAA information technology operations.
- Supervised a team of 20 personnel tasked with evaluation of information system security alternatives, certification and accreditation, vulnerability assessments, threat analysis, penetration tests, policy and procedure development, Information Assurance exercise support, security training, intrusion response and computer forensics services.
- Developed a data reduction, aggregation and correlation capability that significantly enhanced the automated detection of intrusions and minimized IDS false positives, buy integrate multiple data sources and trained the FAA CERT staff to maintain the security of the infrastructure.
- Conducted security validation of systems and operations, along with support to accreditation policies.
- Performed activities related to these tasks, such as the preparation of databases and websites, or the review of technologies useful in these operations to support agency activities.
- Assisted in the development of state of the art data correlation and response tools and technologies (eTrust’s ESSC integration with ArcSight).
- Reviewed the Confidential Information Assurance Component of the GIG Integrated Architecture (including analyzing the security of ports and protocols) and developed the Confidential ’s issues for implementation and drafted an initial implementation plan concept.
- Developed a disaster recovery plan, continuity of operations plan as well as network and critical system IT continuity plans for the National Labor Relations Board.
- Worked with Confidential to document their threat analysis and remediation plan so that their Confidential was not disconnected by DISA, in one month.
- Re-wrote the Confidential ’s Information Assurance regulation
- Provided technical and program management support to enhance the enterprise intrusion detection and network monitoring capability (Supporting the SOC).
- Lead research efforts and implementation plan development for new first line of defense technologies, by providing assistance to the JTF-GNO honeynet research and lead the development of the Honeynet CONOPS and implementation plan. Confidential program manager, technology director and implementation lead for the Confidential honeygrid and advanced sensor grid program.
- Developed numerous intruder response plans to counter national level threats (classified).
- Conducted numerous vulnerability assessments of units as part of their preparation to deploy, as well as provided training on all aspects of Information Operations that included scanning networks with Retina and ISS scanners, as well as installing and training personnel on RealSecure IDS, CheckPoint and PIX firewalls. (9 years)
- Severed as a Confidential instructor teaching Majors required institutional knowledge to serve as LTC teaching over 100 different classes ever year. (9 years)
Information Security Consultant
- Provided technical information security assistance to the Confidential, Chief Information Security Office, in the area of policy.
- Assisted in the security certification and accreditation of the proposed security architecture.
- Developed an online information security training and awareness program for all Confidential personnel as well as specific training for all information security staff.
Director of Security, Program Manager
- Managed the risk for the Confidential knowledge center (AKO).
- Responsible for the development and operation of a security section that offers comprehensive security solutions to include vulnerability assessments, policy and procedures, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) and firewall installations and training in all areas of computer security.
- Architected all the initial security procedures for the AKO (the Confidential ’s intranet) and implemented of all of the security tools and processes including firewalls, weekly scanning and IDS monitoring.
- Conducted vulnerability assessments (including analyzing the security of ports and protocols).
- Scanned the networks with Retina and ISS. Installed IDS and firewalls.
- Conducted all aspects of information security professional services for numerous commercial companies.
- Developed and trained Confidential personnel on IT and security black ops.
- HIPAA business development