- A comprehensive and a committed Networking Professional with around 5 years of industrial experience in areas concerned with network design, implementation, operations and troubleshooting enterprise data networks .
- Experienced working knowledge Confidential Catalyst 2960, 3560, 3750, 4500 and 6500 series switches.
- Proficiency in configuring Layer 2 technologies includes configuring Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANS) on Confidential routers and multi - layer Switches, STP, RSTP, PVST, RPVST and MSTP.
- Comprehensive Troubleshooting of VTP, inter- VLAN routing and VLAN Trunking using 802.1q.
- Implemented Port Security and switch link aggregation using Port channel/Ether Channel.
- Working experience on Nexus 2K, 5K & 7K series switches.
- Expertise in configuring Layer 3 routing protocols - deployment of RIP, EIGRP, OSPF & BGP over Confidential Routers in a Production environment.
- Hands on experience with 2600, 2800, 3600, 3800, 3900, 7200 and 7600 series Routers.
- Hands on experience on configuring Confidential ASA 5540, 5580 & AAA authentication.
- Hands on experience on configuring Palo Alto PA 7050
- Knowledge in implementing and configuring F5 Big-IP LTM-3600 load balancers.
- Deployment of GRE tunnel, VPN - remote access, Site-Site IPSEC VPN.
- IOS upgrades on routers and switches and Port Configuration changes.
- Maintaining and updating inventory of all network hardware, Management and Monitoring by use of SSH, Syslog, SNMP.
- Trouble shooting the network infrastructure based on the incidents using Service Now Incidence Management system.
- Good command on Linux Operating System and understanding of SME server.
Confidential, Sanjose, CA
- Serve as technical network administrator managing 100+ Confidential devices Confidential central office and over remote locations.
- Worked on Confidential 2500, 2600, 2800 series routers and 1900, 2900, 3560, 3750,6509 Series switches
- Responsible for maintaining the entire Routing and switching domain across the campus / Branch to head office and also the Layer - 2 campus network across the remote branches which included configuring VLANs and Trunks, Spanning Tree protocol, Port-Security, VLAN-MAPs and DOT1X for switches and Wireless.
- Monitored network traffic and developed capacity planning initiatives, making necessary recommendations additional resources or hardware.
- Troubleshoot issues related to VLAN, VLAN Trunking, HSRP failovers and related issues.
- Configured VLANs with 802.1q tagging. Configured Trunk groups, ether channels, and Spanning tree for creating Access/distribution and core layer switching architecture.
- Network migration from RIPv2 to OSPF and EIGRP plus MPLS
- Interfacing with Operations, Maintenance and Vendors to address specific criteria to improve company's customer service.
- Implemented Load Balancing between Confidential L3 Switch by HSRP and GLBP.
- Advanced TCP/IP Management, IP Addressing and Subnetting VLSM, Route Summarization, Route Re-distribution along with NAT/PAT.
- Installed different Network Architecture: VLAN, Designed and Configured LAN and WAN using RIP, IGRP, EIGRP, and BGP
- Provided Network VLAN support for operations on setting up PCs, Printers, and user devices.
- Work in a team to perform functional and scalability testing of the various L2 (VLAN, VTP, RSTP, LLDP, CDPLACP.) and L3 (OSPF, BGP, GRE, IPIP, PBR etc) protocols/features and system management testing .
- Write script in tcl/python for automating testing
- Design test topology and written the test cases as per the requirement from the client and functional specification.
- Execute test plan to track and generate report for bugs found in software and hardware and verify the resolved bugs.
- Use IXIA/IxNetwork/IxExplorer for traffic generation and Wireshark for packet capture.
- TCP/IP, Trouble Shooting, WAN/LAN, IP Configuration, VLAN Configuration, Technical Troubleshooting, ACL Configuring, Spanning Tree Protocol, OSPF, EIGRP
- Testing of local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), hubs, ( Confidential )routers, switches and related networking equipment, Identifies, locates, and Work in a team to perform functional and scalability testing of the various L2 (VLAN, VTP, RSTP, LLDP, CDPLACP.) and L3 (OSPF, BGP, GRE, IPIP, PBR etc) protocols/features and system management testing .
Confidential, Blue Bell, PA
- One of three engineers who manage and maintain a WAN/LAN network for a company of 13,000+ employees in over 400 locations using Confidential switch/router infrastructure.
- Configure and troubleshoot Confidential 500 and 800 Series routers for sites.
- Configure and troubleshoot Confidential Catalyst 2900 Series switches for sites.
- Design, implement, and maintain 802.1x and 802.11 a/b/g/n wireless networks using Confidential and Aruba AP units for both private and public networks.
- Utilize Solarwinds network monitoring software Netflow, SNMP, and ICMP.
- Maintain inventory and network information in both SharePoint and spreadsheet format.
- Skill and knowledge of internetworking protocols and practices such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, OSPF.
- Serve as the final escalation point for a team of 8 that supports more than 13,000 end-users with computer, peripheral, and smartphone devices.
- Responsible for Polycom CMA 4000 administration duties involving 50+ Polycom Units.
- Coordinate video conference bridging.
- Serve as a liaison to the helpdesk manager by assisting with helpdesk ticket management.
- Compile and analyze data, prepare reports on monthly call volumes.
- Installed various branch Confidential devices including switches and routers.
- Used Confidential routers, switches, Access Points, Concentrators for implementation and management purpose.
- Experience in the implementation, analysis, optimization, troubleshooting and documentation of LAN/WAN networking systems.
- Configuration and Troubleshooting of the Network Routing protocols (BGP and EIGRP) during the Migrations and new client connections.
- Involved in the configuration & troubleshooting of routing protocols: OSPF, EIGRP
- Knowledge of implementing and troubleshooting complex layer 2 technologies such as Port Security, VLAN, Trunks, VTP Ether channel, STP, RSTP configuring routing protocols OSPF, EIGRP, RIP.
- Convert Branch WAN links from point to point circuits to MPLS and to convert encryption from IPSec/GRE to Get VPN.
- Installing, configuring Confidential Catalyst switches 2800, 3200 series and configured routing protocol OSPF, EIGRP, with Access Control lists implemented as per Network Design.
- Maintenance and Troubleshooting of connectivity problems using PING, Trace route.
- Tasked with building, configuring, installing, troubleshooting and maintaining routers, switches, bridges, and CSU/DSU s manufactured by D - Link, Confidential .
- Installation, Configuration and troubleshooting Confidential switches and Firewall on multi-mode context based environments
- Implemented with Confidential Layer 3 switches 3750 in multi VLAN environment with the use of inter-VLAN routing, HSRP, ISL trunk, ether channel.
- Configuring VLAN Trunking 802.1Q, STP, Port security on Catalyst switches.
- Hand on experience the configuration and implementation of various Confidential Routers and L2 Switches.
- Configured Firewall logging, DMZs & related security policies & monitoring alongside documenting and Log analyzing the Confidential ASA 5500 series firewall
- Working with network topologies such as: Frame Relay, routing protocols.
- Provides initial fault isolation, proactive maintenance, status of data circuits, and monitoring of customer network equipment
- Facilitating different department for their needs regarding Site - to-Site and Remote Access VPN using Confidential ASA 5510 5520.
- Closely work with other I.T teams for the continuous improvement in the area of service delivery and end user support.
- Responsible for actively monitoring the system and network .
- Network assessment and routing & switching domain design changes for customers for robust network environments.
- Assisted technical support teams and worked with customers towards timely resolution of complex (Level 3) network and application configuration issues.
- Performing routine work as well as handling communications b/w customers and internal networks for network high availability and performance.
- Support Maintain and Monitor using Traffic Graph, Syslog Server.
- As per Pre-described Procedures handling the issue and escalating it to seniors and Management.
- Building and configuring the Network as per requirement of Clients and Company.
- Assisted with the deployment of hardware and software to clients (including the installation, troubleshooting and configuration and testing of basic hardware/software).