- Currently working as a Sr. Consultant in supporting Federal agencies with Information Security; pursuing the CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional).
- Over 10 years of experience in Data Communications and 5 years experience in Network Management as a Network Engineer.
- Interests include Remote - Access, Network Security, network management technologies, Cisco routers, switches, hubs, and providing a new generation of computing support for organizations.
Operating Systems: UNIX System V, Sun Solaris 2.6/SunOS, Openwindows/X-Windows,VMS, RedHat LINUX, MS-Windows XP Prof, 2000, 98/95, NT, 3.11, 3.1, MS-DOS
Networks: Windows 2000, NT, Novell NetWare 3.12, 4.1, TCP/IP and family of Protocols, 10BASE-T, 100BASE-T, 100BASE-FX
Languages: C, C++, Pascal, Visual C++, Visual Basic, HTML, Qbasic, Oracle 7.0
Applications: Apache, iPlanet, WebSphere, Nessus Scanner, ISS Internet Scanner, Mercury LoadRunner 7.51, Mercury WinRunner 7.X, NetRule 5.0, Shunra STORM, Compuware ApplicationExpert 8.0, Checkpoint FW-1 Firewall, Aprisma/Cabletron SPECTRUM Enterprise Manager 5.0 for SUN SNMP Software, Spectrum Element Manager SNMP for Windows, TIVOLI TME 10 Framework 3.6, DHCP, Radius, POP3D, SendMail, Reflections WRQ PKI - X.509v3 Certs, SecurID, VPN, PC Anywhere, Timbuktu PRO, Lotus Notes, MS Office Suite, Corel Suite, VISIO, TCP/Connect II, MS Outlook, MS Exchange, VERITAS, LEGATO Networker
Hardware: Cisco Routers 7513, 4500, 2611, 2501, 2511, 2514, AGS+; Cisco Catalyst 5000 100mb VLANS Cisco AS5300 Remote Access Router; Ascend MAX 4004, 4000 Dial-In Servers/Routers; Shiva Lanrover remote access routers; USRobotics/3COM Modems (managed with Total Control Manager); Kentrox CSU/ Confidential DataSMART 688, 588, T1 & T3 Access Digital Link 3800 MUX T3; 3COM SuperStack Series Switches; Sun Ultra60, 20, 10, SPARCstation 20, 10, 2, IPC; Cabletron Switches/Hubs 2200, 6000, MRXI, TPMIM, FOMIM, IRM2, MMAC5; ODS Switches LanBlazer7000; AT&T 3B2 MPB, MB; VAX/VMS Mainframe; Network Associates Sniffer (Portable and Distributed); Lantronix/Xylogics Terminal Servers, Zenith Dumb Terminals; Compaq Proliant, IBM Compat PC's and various laptops
Routing: Cisco IOS 12(0)4T, 11.3(7), 11.2(11), 10.1, 9.2 ; EIGRP, IGRP, Static, knowledge of BGP4, OSPF, IS-IS; Protocols IP, IPX, Appletalk
Circuits: FRAME RELAY, CLEAR-CHANNEL (HDLC), SMDS, PPP, ISDN, knowledge of ATM, FDDI, SONET
Confidential, Herndon, VA
- Providing hands-on support to customers/clients via installation and troubleshooting of software and network products.
- Supporting sales and marketing of DRI to Federal Government and commercial clients in areas of Information Security, Infrastructure, and Capacity Planning.
- Providing clients proof of concept and value propositions as resellers of products and services.
- Responding to RFP’s/RFI’s. Conducting PowerPoint presentations, conference calls, demonstrations, and question & answer sessions.
- Supported the Information Security and Certification & Accreditation effort for the Confidential and the Small Business Administration (SBA). Audited systems on the DOJ LAN and WAN to locate and mitigate vulnerabilities. Performed security tests on applications to verify they adhere to the 800-53 Confidential standards.
- Assisted with updating Baseline Security Requirements based on the Confidential 800-53 guidance.
- Reviewed Security Test and Evaluation ( Confidential & Confidential ) documents for accuracy and recommending changes.
Confidential, McLean, VA
- Provided support within the security team in the Security Test and Evaluation effort for the Confidential via writing test cases and validating security controls for critical web-applications, LAN/WAN infrastructure, remote-access, and mainframes.
- Scanned networks to discover vulnerabilities and provided Security Assessment Reports.
- Utilized tools such as Nessus and RAT.
- Created and updated accurate network infrastructure diagrams/models for use in System Security Plans.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Sr. Applications Security Analyst
- Provided expertise in the areas of networks and data communications on the Security Risk Management team for the Confidential customer’s network infrastructure consisting of over 1000 remote sites.
- Adhering to the Confidential Publications
- Gathered data for complete network infrastructure
Sr. Software Systems Engineer
- Provided expertise in the areas of networks and data communications in a closed Testing LAB environment for the Immigration and Naturalization Service / Confidential customer’s software applications.
- Analyzed 3-tier web applications for performance problems; network level or application level. Interfaced with the customer to discuss test results and provide documentation and data to support them.
- Provided WAN Emulation via Shunra STORM for accurate performance and load testing results via Mecrury LoadRunner tools.
- Created network models via Netrule to simulate network and application performance.
- Utilized expert packet analysis tools, such as NAI Sniffer and Compuware Application Expert.
- Gathered customer’s application requirements and created Performance Test Plan documents.
Confidential, Mclean, VA
Sr. Network Engineer
- Provided customer support to all users in all aspects of network connectivity: Email, HTTP, FTP, and Telnet. Provided expertise in the areas of networks and data communications as needed.
- Provided recommendations for enhancing network performance and streamlining monitoring systems to reduce outages and decrease system downtime.
- Monitored all NT and UNIX (HP & Solaris) systems for CPU, Disk, and Memory usage using NT performance monitor and HP Openview.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Provided customer support with my expertise in the areas of networks and data communications to various RHI clients as needed.
- Designed, configured, and installed LAN/WAN equipment, including: NT, NOVELL, UNIX / LINUX servers, CISCO routers, CSU/ Confidential 's, SWITCHES, HUBS, terminal servers, NMS (Network Management Systems), Network Security (Firewalls, VPN’s, PKI), and Remote-Access.
Confidential, Mclean, VA
Sales Engineer / Technical Trainer
- Provided technical expertise in the areas of Routing, PPP, TCP/IP, Network Security PKI - X.509 certs, VPN’s and data encryption concepts and technologies (DES, 3DES, MD5), as well as authentication methods: RADIUS, NT Active Dir, TACACS+, LINUX/UNIX, LDAP, and secure authentication SECURID, CHAP, MS-CHAPv2, PAP.
- Supported customers with installation on Win 2K/NT and UNIX servers. Generated PKI (Public Key Infrastructure) X.509 v3 Public and Private Certificates with Confidential as the CA
- Problem solved and troubleshot authentication issues utilizing trace and log files on local and remote servers. Trained Helpdesks to provide Remote-Access PPP access support and troubleshooting techniques.
- Gathered technical data from each corporate and carrier customer to develop customized training geared specifically for Network Engineer, Helpdesk, and NOC personnel in procedures on how to support end-users. Customers included: SAP America, HUGHES, ENRON, Rockwell-Collins, Black& Decker, MadgeWeb, COMDISCO, BELL CANADA, Hong Kong Telecom, Pacific Supernet, Singapore Telecom, Starhub, Satyam Infoway, HCL India, and more.
- Provided clients proof of concept and value propositions of our products and services. Responded to RFP’s/RFI’s. Coordinated and conducted training to in-house employees and external customers.