- 8 years of IT Experience on DevOps and Build Engineering & Release Management process, including end - to-end code configuration, automation, building binaries & deployments of artifacts for entire life cycle model in Enterprise Applications. AWS, Linux, Solaris/Unix Administration.
- Experience with and thorough understanding of automated implementation/deployment of a cloud based infrastructure (Web apps, Application Service Environments, firewalls, load balancers, storage, monitoring, security, AD, DNS etc.)
- Extensive experience using MAVEN and ANT as a Build Tool for the building of deployable artifacts (war & ear) from source code.
- Developed build tools like Apache Maven, Apache Kafka, Apache Ant to write Pom.xml and Build.xml respectively using external Repositories such as jfrog Artifactory or Nexus.
- Experience in working on source controller tools like Subversion (SVN), CVS, IBM Clear case, Perforce, GIT, GIT hub.
- Written shell scripts (ksh, awk,Bash), Ruby, Python.
- Experienced in Administration of Production, Development and Test environment's carrying Windows, Ubuntu, and Red Hat Linux, SUSE Linux, Centos and Solaris servers.
- Extensively worked on Hudson/Jenkins, Docker, Team City and Buildforge for continuous integration and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Strong knowledge / experience in creating Jenkins CI pipelines. Experience in Jenkins to automate most of the build related tasks.
- Experience in the design, implementation, and support of automated containerized infrastructure (Docker), everaging continuous integration and continuous delivery processes for service development, and cluster/monitoring/day2 tooling for infrastructure service deployment and administration.
- Expert in deploying the code trough web application servers like WebSphere/WebLogic/ Apache Tomcat/JBOSS.
- Experience in using configuration management tools like Puppet/ Chef/AWS/Openstack.
- Expertise in Repository Management tools Artifactory, Nexus.
- Deployed and configured Atlassian Jira, for issue tracking, workflow collaboration, and tool-chain automation.
- Installed, Configured, Managed Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, Nagios, and iCinga Exposure on DNS and Load Balancing experience on Nginx and knowledge on HA Proxy.
- Experience on data center setup, Cloud server configurations.
- Knowledge of Hadoop Architecture and Hadoop daemons such as Name Node, Secondary Name Node, Data Node, Job Tracker and Task Tracker.
- Responsible for implementation and ongoing administration of Hadoop infrastructure.
- Experience in installing, configuring, managing and administering Linux and UNIX platforms like and RHEL/CentoOS 4/5/6/7, SUN-Solaris 8/9/10/11
- Working experience with Volume management using the solutions, VERITAS Volume Manager, Sun Volume Manager and Logical Volume Manager.
Programming: Python, C/C++, Java, PHP, Shell Scripting, Ruby, XML.
Source Control/Versioning: CVS, Tortoise SVN, Clear case, GIT, Perforce
CI Tools: Puppet, Chef, Docker, Vagrant, Bamboo, Hudson, Jenkins, Ansible, Git, Github
Build Tools: Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Ant, Sonarqube, TeamCity
Web Servers: Web logic, WebSphere, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, Nginx, HAProxy
OS: Linux, Debian, Ubuntu, Red Hat 6.x, Kali, Suse, AIX, Mac OS X, Windows 10/8
Databases: Oracle 11g, MySQL, Postgres SQL, MongoDB
Protocols/Services: LDAP, DNS, BIND, HTTP, HTTPS, POP3, NFS, NIS, TLS/SSL, DHCP, Kerberos, SAMBA.
Cloud Technologies: AWS, Rackspace, VMware
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy, IBM ClearQuest
Monitoring tools: Nagios, Splunk
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
DevOps /Linux System Engineer
- Installation and configuration of windows, Red Hat Linux, oracle Linux, on new server builds as well as during the upgrade.
- Experience with VMware vSphere ESXi 5.5
- Deploying Oracle Linux, Red hat Linux, and windows servers in fast paced environment.
- Creating the template for the Linux those are used for deploying for the environments.
- Worked on System audit report like no. of logins, success & failures.
- Remotely coping files using sftp, ftp, scp, WinSCP, and FileZilla.
- Responsible for CI/CD process implementation using Jenkins along with Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as build tools on java projects for deployment of build artifacts in the source code
- Developed and implemented software Release Management strategies for various applications according to agile process
- Used Puppet Enterprise edition for configuration management.
- Wrote shell scripting to automate task across servers through Puppet.
- Actively involved in configuring puppet open source with several third party's applications.
- Worked on installation and maintenance of Puppet-based configuration management system.
- Worked on implementation of Puppet modules to automate configuration of a various services.
- Experienced in tasks like managing User Accounts and Groups, managing Disks and File systems.
- Worked with Dockers and Vagrant for different infrastructure setup and testing of code.
- Participated in the migration planning, developing, testing and moving the migration process onto full-fledged production network
- Help customers build scalable, resilient, and high-performance applications and services on AWS
- Migrated the bulk of the company's production systems to AWS
- Managed logical Volume manager on Red hat Servers
- Worked on Configuring & monitoring DHCP server.
- Experience in installing, integrating, tuning and troubleshooting Apache and Tomcat application server.
- Worked on EMC storage for the virtual machine.
- Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
- Experience in design micro services deployment using Docker.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Performed regular installation of patches using RPM and YUM.
- Maintained LVM, VxVM and SVM file systems along with NFS.
- Worked with SVN and GIT for version control to manage chef code and revisions in a repository.
- Performed application installation and management on Linux servers for applications like JBoss 4.2.x, 5.x, Oracle
- Experience on deploying Hosted Chef-Server on AWS for managing AWS EC2 instances
Environment: OEL 5.x/6.x, RHEL 5.x/6.x, Cent OS 5.x/6.x, Windows Servers 2k8r2/2012, ESXI 5.1/5.5, VMware VCenter & Vsphere, Jenkins. Puppet, GIT, LVM, Samba Winbind 3.x, Centrify, NFS, NIS, JDK 5.x/6.x/7.x, DIG, netstat, lookup, tcpdump, Bash, Shell, Tomcat and Apache.
Confidential, Glendale, CA
DevOps / Linux System Engineer
- Experience in vSphere 4.1, 5.0, 5.1 /ESXi 4.1, 5.0, 5.1deployment and management.
- Advance Scripting skills in Ruby, Python and Bash Shell.
- Day to day system administration to support 100+ Server in Production in development environments.
- Integrated ESXi hypervisor with open-stack.
- Primary support to all kind of issues for All of Unix and Linux
- Worked with Red-hat for finding root cause on panic issues
- Limiting user account privileges using SHUDDERS.
- Experience in integrating various automated testing tools with continuous delivery pine line such as Selenium, Jasmine, PhantomJS
- Installation and configuration of Web /Application Server Tomcat and Apache
- Implementing appropriate permissions for files and folders and Managing Users and Groups
- Troubleshooting of day-to-day system and user problems various Servers on different platforms.
- Familiarity with configuring and using a Configuration Management product for Linux servers (e.g. Cobbler).
- Worked on creating workflows on TeamCity for setting up automated pipelines for CI/CD with Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with ANT to schedule the builds
- Experience on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS CloudFormation
- Designed, configured and managed public/private cloud infrastructures utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS)including EC2, Auto-Scaling in launching EC2 instances, Elastic Load Balancer, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, Glacier, Cloud Front, RDS, VPC, Direct Connect, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, IAM, SNS.
- Experience in some Java/J2EE technologies such as JPA, Servlets, and CSS
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI/CD process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Implemented Micro services architecture by breaking down monolithic services for CD without visible impact to entire product
- Supported servers, which included NFS, NIS, LDAP, NTP, FTP, DHCP, MTA and user's setup/troubleshooting.
- Experience in integrating various automated testing tools with continuous delivery e.g. Junit, Cucumber, Selenium, Jasmine
- Migration of existing systems to AWS and using the snapshot method for the EBS volumes.
- Utilize Cloud Watch to monitor resources such as EC2, CPU memory, Amazon RDS, DB services, DynamoDB tables and EBS volumes.
- Extensively worked on continuous integration tool like Jenkins and Bamboo for end-to-end automation of various build and deployments.
- Monitoring Disk space, adjust VXVM Configuration& add space as and when needed
- Working knowledge of Remedy ticketing system.
- Extensive usage of cloud server instances and storage from Amazon web services (AWS) to enable client web applications.
- Activities include user administration; startup and shutdown scripts; crontab, file system maintenance, backup scripting and automation using Python, shell scripting
- Used groovy and spring boot to collecting the data from users and packaged the data as Json distributed to 43 applications.
- Worked with Bitbucket and GIT
- Worked on installation and configuration of DevOps tool Puppet.
- Used puppet to automate the applications across the environment.
- Wrote various puppet manifests for deployment, automation.
- Design and Implemented Cloud Orchestration solution using AWS & Docker.
- Worked on Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Images ( Linux/ Ubuntu) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Supported 200+ AWS cloud instances running Ubuntu, Red-hat and Windows environments.
- Worked on the configuration of server monitoring tool like Nagios.
- Administrated DHCP, DNS and Samba services in Linux.
- Configuration, Administration and maintenance of NFS, DNS, NIS on Linux Servers.
- Working on evaluating new hardware and software's.
- Installation, Maintenance and Administration of Red Hat Enterprise and CentOS.
- Responsible in building and startup Perl scripts, managing the automation of CRON jobs
- Responsible production support of LDAP, Domain users, Users and groups and given appropriate permissions, shares and privilege to access LAN and Domain environment.
- Implemented Red-hat Conga Clustering for Apache Web Servers, Puppet, Git, and SVN.
- Installed and Implemented VMware ESXi 4.0 host servers with vSphere Client, vSphere CLI. Configured HBAs and iSCSI SAN storage.
- Configure vNetwork Standard Switches, vSS Policies, and Shared storage for vSphere.
- Experienced with JIRA for change management and bug tracking.
- Manage Virtual Machine Clones and Templates, plan and implement VMware Fault Tolerance.
- Participated in the migration planning, developing, testing and moving the migration process onto full-fledged production network
Environment: RHEL 4/5, IBM AIX 4/5, AIX 4.x, SUN E10K, M4000/M500, E4500/5000, E35000, Hitachi 9980v, ESX 4.x, kickstart, micro services, Ufsdump, NFS, VERITAS Volume Manager, Web Sphere, Web Logic, JBoss, AWS, Tomcat, DNS, Selenium, Jasmine, Junit, PhantomJS, Bitbucket, Java/J2EE technologies, netstat, nslookup, DIG, Perl, Python, SMTP, MYSQL, RDBMS, samba Winbind, LAMP, Kron, Bash.
Confidential, Denver, CO
DevOps / Linux system engineer
- Release Engineer for a team that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Managed SVN repositories for branching, merging and tagging.
- Used Subversion as source code repositories.
- Worked on Nagios for monitoring the systems.
- Application Deployment & Environment configuration using chef, Saltstack and Ansible.
- Developed Shell/Perl Scripts for Automation purpose.
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in OpenStack cloud, integrating with Chef/Puppet.
- Experienced running puppet and Saltstack to automate deployment procedure in production as well as in development and testing environment.
- Used Open-stack to download and install an OpenStack distribution within the internal network to see distributions.
- Responsible for designing and deploying best SCM processes and procedures.
- Worked closely with Software Developers and DevOps to debug software and system problems.
- Created scripts in Python which integrated with Amazon API to control instance operations.
- Designing and implementing fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment by Using Technologies like Chef.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using Ant and Maven as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Analyzed the Cassandra/SQL scripts and designed the solution to implement using Scala.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Used Puppet to automate Configuration management.
- Used Puppet to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data base, Commands, Users Mount Points, Packages.
- Used AnthillPro/uBuild for Continuous Integration, build Pipelines and build Management.
- Used uDeploy to Integrate with multiple build systems and to provide an application model handling multiple projects or "components".
- Maintained and coordinated environment configuration, controls, code integrity, and code conflict resolution.
- Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines.
- Setting up continuous integration and formal builds using Bamboo with Artifactory repository.
- Resolved update, merge and password authentication issues in Bamboo and JIRA.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Developed PowerShell 2.0 scripting to work with TFS Object Model to utilize for more repeatable, automated processes and tasks.
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT.
- Implemented the setup for Master Slave Architecture to improve the Performance of Jenkins.
- Experimented with Kubernetes for potential dockerization of continuous integration.
- Managing the code migration from TFS, CVS and Star team to Subversion repository.
- Used Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat application server.
- Configuring, tuning and maintaining Tomcat web Application server.
- Knowledge on RedHat & Oracle Linux OS installation, configuration, administration, maintenance, tuning and troubleshooting
- Configuring YUM server and Install software’s using YUM and RPM packages.
- Using and configuring Monitoring tools (Top, Netstat, lotop, Nagios)
- Knowledge User role management (SU, SUDO, Local account,password, etc).
- Deployed .NET applications to application servers in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Installed and Configured the Nexus repository manager for sharing the artifacts within the company.
Environment: .NET, Linux, Unix, Ant, Maven, Nagios, Subversion, Chef, Puppet, PowerShell, ORM, Open Stack, Shell/Perl, Python, Saltstack, SCM, GIT, CVS, TFS, Jenkins, MS Build, Tomcat, Bamboo, Jira, Oracle.
Deloitte, Harrisburg, PA
Linux/ Systems Administrator
- Created users, manage user permissions, maintain User & File system quota on Linux servers.
- Data Warehousing and System Backup using tar, cpio for local systems and VERITAS Netback up for enterprise wide backup and recovery and to centrally manage storage resources through a single console.
- Created Servers, User mappings and Nicknames to access DB2 and Oracle databases.
- Setup NIM server and install clients.
- Configured volume groups and logical volumes, extended logical volumes for file system growth needs using Logical Volume Manager (LVM) commands.
- Configuring Virtual Machines under VMware ESXi Servers to install Linux guests.
- Maintained availability, increased capacity & performance of production machines by upgrading their hardware (disks, CPU, memory, IO board, power cooling unit, mother board etc) & firmware.
- Performing Failovers in HACMP cluster environment, monitoring servers.
- Experienced in creating Logical Partitions (LPAR) on Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM), EMC storage, IBM Regatta Systems.
- Used HP Service guard and HP converge Systems for a highly-available environment.
- Experienced in implementing WLM using clustering and cloning.
- Configuring & administration of NFS, NIS, Auto Mounts & Network Printers.
- Process administration (i.e. monitoring processes using PS utility, signaling a running process using KILL and KILLALL command, monitoring processes and system load using TOPAS, VMSTAT, and UPTIME utilities, monitoring logs, scheduling processes using CRON utility).
- Accessing File systems, printers using Samba over windows and Linux environments
- Wrote shell scripts for automated installations, to extract logs.
- Setup and maintained NFS, DNS, NIS, and TCP/IP network and knowledge in LDAP Server.
- Installation and configuration of Apache Web Server 1.3 for Various intranet/extranet websites
- Installation of patches, packages on Linux Servers.
- Configured IBM Total Storage SSA RAID arrays and SCSI storage drawers including D20/D24.
- Performed User Account management, data backups, and users' logon support.
- Monitored trouble ticket queue to attend user and system calls.
- Attended team meetings, change control meetings to update installation progress, and for upcoming changes in environment.
- Worked with Firewall group, Web group to maintain their software on these systems.
Environment: RHEL3.x/4.x, HCMP, LVM, Apache1.3, DNS, NFS, NIS, Oracle 8i TSM, Work Load Manager, HACMP, LPAR, VERITAS Netback up, NIM, Samba, Dell Power Vault, Storage TEK, L700.
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
Linux System Administrator
- Installation, Configuration & Upgrade of Solaris, Red-hat Linux, AIX, HP-UX operating systems.
- Administered DNS, NIS, NIS+ and NFS, Send Mail and involved in troubleshooting.
- Expertise in Redhat Cluster Server and Zone administration and configuration.
- Extensive experience in building servers using Jumpstart and Kick-start Process.
- Expertise in package management using Red Hat RPM, YUM used in several Linux distributions such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SUSE Linux Enterprises and Fedora.
- Administration and troubleshooting HACMP Cluster Environment and Failover and fall back test on mutual takeover and rotating HACMP Environment.
- Configured GFS (Linux) and GPFS (AIX)
- Disk and File system management through Veritas Volume Manager, Solaris Volume Manager, Logical Volume manager.
- Performed Change Management, Problem Management, cloning, Operating system and data backups and recovery Strategies.
- Configuring & handling Samba servers on Linux, Managing file system.
- Installation, Configuration and Administration of Websphere and Apache Servers
- Having production experience supporting and deploying to web application servers such as BEA WebLogic, Red Hat JBoss, Apache, Tomcat, and Apache HTTPD servers
- Installed and monitored VMwareVirtual environments with ESX 3.x, ESX i servers&Virtual Center 2.X
- Added Service Groups and resources based on the requirement with appropriate dependencies, documented change design/Architecture diagram of Veritas Cluster Servers
- Configured Users & Security administration, backup, recovery and maintenance of various activities.
- Planning and implemented Disaster Recovery sites from the scratch; Involved in disaster recovery testing every quarter
- Interacting with various teams such Oracle database team, and NetBackup team, ETL team, DB2 team,Filenet Team and other areas to compare errors and discuss their resolution.
- Experience of Storage Area Network/SAN, EMC Symmetrix/ Clarriion
- Interaction with vendors for Hardware and software supports
- Involved in on-call pager rotation for production support.
- Demonstrated skill in supporting end users and proven ability to plan, organize and work as a member of a technical project team, both in small groups as well as large corporate areas.
Environment: Redhat Linux Enterprise3/4/5, Sun Fire 4800/3800/V880, IBM RS/6000, pSeries servers.