- 8+ years of experience in software industry as DevOps engineer, cloud engineer, build and release engineer, Linux system administrator.
- Designed, configured and managed cloud infrastructures using Amazon Web Services (AWS) including EC2, VPC, Elastic load balancer, Elastic Container Service (Docker containers), CloudFront, RDS, Elastic filesystem, Dynamo DB, Beanstalk, Cloud watch, IAM, EM, Rout53, Redshift, CLI and SDK’s - API.
- Experience in Jenkins jobs , Docker containers , Cloud Formation roles to automate the services related to deployment.
- Managed Linux and Windows virtual servers on EC2 using chef Server and familiar with managing security groups for EC2 servers , elastic IP ’s and CloudWatch .
- Experience in using Azure service like ( ARM, VM, CDN, WebApps, Resource Groups, App Services, SQL Databases, Images, Availability Sets, Storage, Virtual Networks, Azure AD, Azure AD DS, Backup, Azure DNS, Site Recovery, Application Gateway, Virtual Network Gateway, Local Network Gateway, Network Security Group, Express Route, Traffic Manager Profiles, VPN Gateway, Load Balancer, Monitoring & Management )
- Proficient in writing cloud Formation Templates ( CFT ) in YAML and JSON format with the paradigm of infrastructure as a code to build the to build the AWS services.
- Experience in developing services with java, PHP, Ruby and Python.
- Exposed to all aspects of software development life cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing, and Implementing and Post-production analysis of the projects.
- Experience in development and execution of XML, PowerShell, Python and Shell Scripts.
- Extensive experience in building of Deployable artifacts (war&ear) from source code using ANT and MAVEN.
- Hands on working experience on CI/CD tool sets like GIT, Landscape, Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, Juju Charms.
- Result Oriented Linux, UNIX Administrator with 3+ years of experience in System Administration RedHat Linux Enterprise Linux (4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.X) Linux Centos (4.x, 5.x), IBM AIX (5.1, 5.3), Microsoft Windows Servers/XP, Sun Solaris, Suse (11.x, 12.x), VMware vSphere ESX/ESXi environment.
- Experience in writing with server lambda functions in python and Java to automate several AWS tasks.
- Experience with Installation, maintenance and regular upgrades of RedHat Linux Servers using Kickstart based network installation.
- Experience working with NoSQL database like Dynamo DB .
- Experience in Java enterprise solution development using relevant Java frameworks ( Spring, Hibernate or MyBatis , etc .) .
- Experience using Jenkins CI/CD pipelines, Maven and ANT as a build tool for the building of deployable artifacts from source code.
- Experience with Terraform and Juju to build infrastructure as a code.
- Experience in Building and deploying the Java and DotNet applications.
- Experienced with Oracle SQL programming databases and very good knowledge in relational DB ( Oracle, MySQL , MariaDB )
- Experienced in implementing and maintaining an Apache Tomcat /MySQL/PHP, LDAP, LAM P web service environment.
- Worked on Migration from On-Premises , AWS or Century link to Microsoft Azure Cloud .
- Experienced in migrating the on-premise environment to AWS cloud .
- Experience in creating the gcloud scripts to deploy and configure a Google Cloud network, subnets, and firewall rules for the GSA Nutanix Calm and Google Cloud Platform proof of concept.
- Experience on creating the CI/CD pipeline using Codeship to Google Cloud Platform and Google Kubernetes Engine for automation deployment for software engineers.
- Experience on working with System health and performance monitoring tools like Nagios , Splunk , New Relic, Cloud Watch etc.
- Experience in creating and handling cookbooks and recipes using Ruby in Chef workstation and deploying them to various nodes.
- Involved in support databases and performed MS SQL databases running on Windows Servers.
- Experience in designing, developing and migrating existing SQL databases and Automated DBA activities and upgrading existing databases.
- Experience in preparing automation scripts and developed PostgreSQL database architecture.
Operating systems: Red hat 4.x,5.x,6.x,7.0, Ubuntu, centos Windows server 2003/2008/2012 5. x,6.x,7.x
CI Tools: Travis CI, AWS code pipeline, Jenkins, team city, Bamboo, Circle ci, code ship, code fresh, Visual Studio.
CD tools: Puppet, Ansible and Chef .
Built tools: MAVEN, ANT, Eclipse, MS Build .
Virtualisation: Docker, Kubernetes, VMware, vSphere, VirtualBox and Vagrant .
Cloud& virtual tools: Amazon Web services, Microsoft Azure, Google cloud, Virtual Box, VMware (vSphere, Esxi4.x,5.x,6.x, Venter.
Monitoring tools: Nagios, Splunk and Sonarqube, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Stack driver, NewRelic, Elasticserach.
Databases: MY SQL, RedHat, MySQL SERVER 2008 R2, MS SERVER 2012 Oracle, Dynamo DB.
Web/Application servers: Apache, Tomcat, Nginx, Red Hat Linux 4, Jboss.
languages: Shell Scripting, Python, Ruby, JSON, YAML, Java Script, Java, C#, AWS Scripting, HTML, CSS, JAVA, RESTful API, PHP.
Bug tracking tools: JIRA, stack, Fisheye, Crucible, Crowd and confluence, IBM Clear Quest, VSTS.
Confidential -Plano, TX
Sr. DevOps Engineer.
- Helped migrating and managing multiple applications from on premise to hybrid cloud using AWS services like S3, Glacier, EC2, RDS, SQS, SNS, SES, Cloud Formation, VPC etc. and Azure for app deployments, (CD, CI, Azure Apps (auto-scaling), WebJobs, App Services, Logic Apps, Function Apps, Web Apps and Azure CDN)
- IaaS in Azure - architectural design, infrastructure build, configuration, migration and implementation to include: PowerShell, Containers, Virtual Networks/Machines, ARM Templates, ASG (Application Security Groups), NSG (network security groups), role-based access controls, Azure Active Directory, and Azure Automation
- Build servers using AWS , importing volumes, launching EC2 , RDS , creating security groups, auto-scaling , load balancers ( ELBs ) in the defined virtual private connection
- Configured Pure Storage to Azure integration custom files of the Customer Configuration XML, VNet Configuration XML, Provider Configuration, Flash Array Configuration XML, Azure Configuration, Azure Virtual Machine Configuration and Express Route Configuration
- Created automated PowerShell scripts for web app deployment in Azure.
- Build a presentation to present the design of hosting architecture on Windows Azure.
- Installation / configuration of PCF (Pivotal Cloud Foundry) for Ops Manager/Apps Manager.
- Created JSON files in templates of Packer and Terraform.
- Worked with Puppet and Chef which is used to manage Linux but later versions support Microsoft Windows, also implemented multi-tier application in integrating it with Chef/Puppet.
- Implemented Puppet Agent Based and Agentless Configurations, Puppet dashboards, MCollective with ActiveMQ server, plugin-sync, stored configs, Hiera, Facter.
- Collaborate in the automation of AWS infrastructure via Terraform and Jenkins - software and services configuration via chef cookbooks.
- Provided consistent environment using Kubernetes for deployment scaling and load balancing to the application from dev through production, easing the code development and deployment pipeline by implementing Docker containerization with multiple namespace.
- Integrated Docker container-based test infrastructure to Jenkins CI test flow and set up build environment integrating with Git and Jira to trigger builds using Web Hooks and Slave Machines.
- Managing existing infrastructure and created new infrastructure using as Configuration Management Tool.
- Linux and Windows servers upgrade and Patching. Performance troubleshoot and root cause investigation
- Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins & Maven as build framework tools.
- Installed Ansible Registry for local upload and download of Docker images and even from Docker Hub .
- Developed and maintained the Continuous Integration and Deployment systems using Jenkins, ANT, Maven, Nexus, Ansible.
- Responsible for nightly and weekly builds for different modules.
- Configured Ansible to manage AWS environments and automate the build process for core AMIs used by all application deployments including Auto Scaling and Cloud Formation Scripts.
- Responsible for configuring management of different application layer modules.
- Creating a fully Automated Build and Deployment Platform and coordinating code builds promotions and orchestrated deployments using Jenkins/Hudson, and GitHub.
- Developed Python Scripts to automate various system tasks, OS patches for dev environments, and deployment of applications to testing/prod environments using Python OS modules
- Automated daily manual tasks by running cron jobs using BASH Scripts that report on a user defined frequency about versatile issues on Linux-based servers.
- Ran Ansible playbooks and created various roles for applications, then deployed the Applications/Services on hosts.
- Implemented app logging service using logging tools, such as Splunk, Graylog2 and developed and deployed stacks using AWS Cloud Formation templates
- Implemented the use of Nagios tool for monitoring and analysing the network loads on the individual machines by enforcing custom Nagios monitoring, notifons and dashboard to exhibit various metrics using Shell Scripting and add-ons
- Using routers and switches defined and configured physical network topologies. Also, maintained and troubleshoot network infrastructure issues and TCP/IP Network services
- Responsible for Continuous Integration(CI) and Continuous Delivery(CD) process implementation on Azure Cloud using services ARM, VM, CDN, SQL Databases, Images, Availability Sets, Storage, Virtual Networks, Azure AD, Azure AD DS, Azure DNS, Site Recovery, Application Gateway, Virtual Network Gateway, Local Network Gateway, Network Security Group, VPN Gateway, Load Balancer, Monitoring & Management.
- Implemented and developed solutions enabling development and operations team to build, deploy, monitor and test applications and environments.
- Implemented and Maintained the branching and Build/Release strategies utilizing subversion(SVN).
- Used Ant, Maven as a build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Managed Nexus Maven repositories to download the artifacts during the build.
- Configured and monitored continuous integration using Bamboo Server.
- Automated the builds, Testing of the code changes from SVN repository.
- Implemented a continuous delivery framework using Bamboo, Puppet, Maven in Microsoft Azure Cloud platform.
- Used Puppet, Custom Puppet Modules and Ruby for automation of repetitive processes done in apache, managed file and directory permissions in the different environments.
- Worked on setting up Splunk to capture and analyse data from various Layers Load Balancers, Webservers.
- Using Kubernetes to provide a platform for automating deployment, scaling and operations of application containers across cluster of hosts.
- Implemented fault tolerance system, High availability, Auto scaling of the applications on the Kubernetes clusters.
- Provisioned the containers using configuration management tool puppet and configured the systems.
- Installed and configured Kubernetes to manage docker containers. Helped convert VM based application to microservices and deployed as a container managed by Azure Kubernetes Service(AKS).
- Automated, Deployed the Kubernetes clusters on the top of OpenShift, Azure cloud platform and monitored the Clusters.
- Create a Virtual Network on Windows Azure to connect all the servers.
- Implemented and maintained highly automated build and release process by adopting the best practise of source code management and traceability.
Confidential, Cherry hill, NJ.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Designed, implemented and supported fully automated Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery processes.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involves environments like Development, QA, UAT and Production.
- Involved in automating integration and test environments, including deploying WAR and EAR files, stopping and starting Application Servers and dynamically creating server profiles/instances and defining resources.
- Connected continuous integration system with GIT version control repository and continually build as the check-in's come from the developer with webhooks framework.
- Configured AnthillPro, Teamcity for Continuous Integration, build Pipelines and build Management in all Production environments.
- Used Artifactory repository tool for maintaining the java-based release code packages.
- Used Chef, Ansible configuration management tools to deploy consistent infrastructure code across multiple environments.
- Responsible for day to day Build and Deployments in pre-production and production environments.
- Written bash scripts to deploy the java-based packages like ear and war on the Tomcat Application server.
- Used Udeploy to Integrate with multiple build systems and to provide an application model handling multiple projects.
- Coordinated with all the teams before and after the production deployments for the production releases smooth.
- Automated the installation, deployment and maintenance of Middleware Application Servers to RHEL Development.
- Written Shell scripts to apply the Integration label to all the files which needs manual labelling of files.
- Provided the assistance for the smooth phase of Release for the Emergency Releases by getting Approval and coordinating with different teams.
- Created bespoke tools to support and enable Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and system monitoring/reporting using JSP and Shell Scripts with a MySQL database.
- Developed custom reporting tools, setting up automated health monitoring and alerting for builds and environments.
Build and release engineer
- Worked on configuring Puppet master servers and installing Puppet client software on Linux servers.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard, and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Migrated applications to the AWS cloud.
- Launching and configuring of Amazon EC2 Cloud Servers using AMI's (Linux/Ubuntu).
- Experienced in Amazon EC2 setting up instances, virtual private cloud (VPCs), and security groups.
- Setting up databases in AWS using RDS, storage using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket.
- Involved in Setting up Continuous Integration Environment using Jenkins and responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Worked on building and deploying Java code through Jenkins.
- Used Jenkins/Hudson to automate builds and deployments.
- Used Agile practices and Test-Driven Development (TDD) techniques to provide reliable, working software early and often.
- Troubleshooting Network, memory, CPU, swap and File system issues, TCP/IP, NFS, DNS and SMTP in Linux Servers.
- Configured baselines, branching, merging in SVN, and automation processes using Shell and Batch Scripts.
- Smoke Testing and troubleshooting each deployment made to Pre-prod environment.
- Closely worked with development, QA and other teams to ensure automated test efforts are tightly integrated with the build system and in fixing the error while doing the deployment and building.
- Used Shell/Perl scripts to automate the deployment process and responsible for automated Scheduled Builds/Emergency Builds and Release using ANT scripts for Enterprise application (J2EE).
- Worked on PROD release every fortnight and work closely with the DEV and DB support teams to fix issues occurred during deployment.
- Building and supporting environments consisting Testing , Contingency , Production and Disaster Recovery Servers.
- Worked on Server Installations and new OS configurations and bootstrapping few nodes with chef .
- Installed, Configured and maintained Red Hat Linux (Red Hat Enterprise 5.x, 6.x) on x86 and Solaris (Solaris 9,10) and OEL (5.x, 6.x).
- Troubleshooting and performance tuning of various system problems such as application , network and hardware related issues.
- Installed and configured various services like DNS, LDAP, DHCP, RPM , Send mail, Apache Web Server, Web Logic, NIS, SSH, Tomcat, Telnet, Http, HACMP, GPFS, SSL, Neap, RPM Package Management and others.
- Installs, upgrades and manages packages via RPM and YUM package management.
- Created Disk Partitions, Logical Volume Manager and RAID .
- Managed user accounts and groups on Linux Servers .
- Used MySQL, PL/SQL, Oracle Databases .
- Configured Apache web server with Tomcat in load balancing
- Implemented Storage applications SAN on Linux Machines .
- Developed scripts based on bash/shell , Perl to manage the critical events.
- Developed ANT build files for maintaining test automation builds & Java based library to read test data from XML & properties files using Junit and Selenium .
- Implemented test automation for web application ( SWAP module ) using Cucumber .
- Performed Red Hat Linux Kickstart installations configurations on Red Hat 4.x/5.x/6.x , performed Red Hat Linux Kernel Tuning, memory upgrades.
- Troubleshooting performance issues in IBM AIX and Red Hat Linux servers .
- Installed and configured WIN , TCP/IP, DNS , Internet Information Service (IIS) and terminal services.
- Storage provisioning, Volume and File system management using LVM , Veritas Volume Manager and Veritas File system (Veritas Storage Foundation), Configuring ZFS File systems .
- Troubleshooting Network, memory, CPU, swap and File system issues, TCP/IP, NFS, DNS and SMTP in Linux servers.
- Experience using Nagios and Graphite monitoring system.
- Maintained user access in VMware vCenter and configured mail alerts for any failures in Dynamic Right Sizing ( DRS ), CPU and Memory.
- Maintained Volumes and File systems for MySQL, DB2, MS Access .
- Installation, maintenance and regular upgrades of Red Hat Linux Servers using Kickstart based network installation.
- Wrote bash shell scripts for getting information about various Linux servers .
- Configured SSL for secured communication between applications.
- Developed Cron tab scripts for timely running jobs and provide server status.
- Installed and configured WebLogic server 10.x and JBoss 4.x.
- Involved in writing reporting automation/ Web tools for IT /Ops group using LAMP ( Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP )
- Configured Red Hat Cluster Nodes for any legacy applications and verified the daily health checks on the cluster nodes.