- Over 6+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer in CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Delivery) management with extensive focus towards compiling, building, debugging, automating, managing, packaging, tuning and deploying code across wide array of environments.
- Extensive experience with Continuous Integration Tools (Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo) and Build Tools (Ant/Maven).
- Experience in installing/upgrading Jenkins/Bamboo/Team City infrastructure on multiple servers.
- Expert in installing and configuring Continuous Integration tools such as Bamboo, Build Forge, AnthillPro, Cruise Control and Hudson for build and deployment automation.
- Configuration management using Amazon Cloud Formation, Continuous integration with Jenkins and Bamboo.
- Experience in Datacentre Migration, built new Linux Servers, performed OS configurations just like source server and performed sync from source to destination.
- Adept with various version control systems, such as SubVersion, Perforce, Git, TFS and Source code management client tools like GitBash, GitHub, Git GUI.
- Excellent experience in Source Control Management concepts such as Branching, Merging, Branches locking, Labeling/Tagging, accessing control and Integration using Git, SubVersion and TFS.
- Experience in building Cross browser responsive mobile first web application using HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap, CSS preprocessor Less, animation library green sock and custom media queries.
- Extensive experience in Application Deployments and Environment configuration using Chef, Ansible and Terraform .
- Hands on experience with Terraform, a tool for building, changing, and versioning infrastructure safely and efficiently.
- Experienced in using configuration management tools such as Ansible and Chef in large production environments. Familiar with build server orchestration using MCollective.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack Monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has integrated Ansible with Rundeck and Jenkins.
- Experience in writing playbooks for Ansible from scratch and deploying applications using Ansible.
- Expertise in writing custom Chef Cookbooks using Test - kitchen, Vagrant, Berkshelf, FoodCritic and ChefSpec.
- Implemented environments, roles, data bags in Chef for custom environment management.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub, Nexus, Maven and AWS AMI's.
- Experience working on Docker hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple containers as a cluster with Docker Swarm, Weave and Compose for various applications and several Micro Services.
- Expertise in Amazon AWS Cloud Administration which includes services: EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, Route 53, Auto Scaling, Security Groups, ECS and Cloud Formation.
- Expert knowledge of public cloud providers (Amazon AWS/AZURE) and their technology offering, APIs and enterprise integration points.
- Implemented Release schedules, communicated the Release status, created Roll out Plans, and tracked the Project.
- Excellent team player with effective communication and interpersonal skills, capable of delivering complex solutions with in strict timelines.
- Provided 24/7 on-call support in production with the offshore/onshore team on a rotational basis on weekends.
Continuous Integration: Jenkins, Bamboo, Teamcity
Configuration Management: Chef, Ansible, Terraform
SCM: GIT, Subversion SVN, Source Tree, TFS, Bit Bucket
Build Tools: Maven, Ant, Gradle
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Zabbix, Splunk, New relic
Bug Tracking & Testing Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, Cucumber, Junit, HP Quality Center
Tools: MS Office Suite, Nexus, Atlassian Confluence.
Virtualization & Containerization: Docker, VMware ESXi, Kubernetes
Operating Systems: Unix, Windows, Redhat Linux (6.x, 5.x)
Languages: Python, SQL, Java/J2EE, Ruby, .Net
Cloud: AWS (EC2, S3, ELB, EBS, VPC, Auto Scaling, CFT, DMS, SNS, IAM, API)
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, XML, JSP, JS
Scripts: Bash, Shell, Python
Databases: MySQL, MongoDB, Oracle, NoSQL, SQL.
Web/App servers: WebLogic, WebSphere, Nginx, JBOSS, Apache, Tomcat
DevOps Cloud Engineer
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Migrated an existing legacy infrastructure and recreated the entire environment within Amazon's Web Services (AWS).
- Migrated LINUX Logical Volumes (LVM) from one server to another server using AWS snapshots.
- Maintained the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud and migrating the production SQL Server onto AWS Red Shift database.
- Used sub modules in GIT and trained the new users on working with sub modules in GIT. Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, merging conventions using GIT source control.
- Configured TFS to run Continuous Integration of builds and execute unit test on all check-ins for .net web applications.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Responsible for installing Jenkins master and slave nodes and also involved in plugin GIT and schedule jobs using Poll SCM option and also creating the build scripts using Maven for Java projects.
- Maintained Jenkins continuous integration infrastructure and automated releases to DEV/TEST/STG/PROD environments.
- Used to Terraform Interface between Jenkins and AWS to implement auto scaling, cloud watch in Jenkins.
- Worked on Auto scaling, Cloud watch (monitoring), AWS Elastic Beanstalk (app deployments), Amazon S3 (storage) and Amazon EBS (persistent disk storage).
- Designed and deployed AWS Solutions using EC2, S3, Elastic Load balancer (ELB), EBS, and Auto Scaling groups.
- Creation of Subnets and Route tables, Internet gateway, Virtual gateway. Included security groups, Network ACLs, Internet Gateways, and Elastic IP's to ensure a safe area for organization in A WS Public cloud.
- Used Amazon EC2 Command Line Interface (CLI) along with Bash/Python to automate repetitive work in release activities with Project / Release Management and Development teams to ensure a smooth and trouble free roll out of releases.
- Developed Python modules to automate processes in AWS (AWS cloud formations/ EC2, Boto API).
- Involved in integrating the GIT into the Ansible to ensure the integrity of applications by creating Production, Development, Test, and Release Branches.
- Used Ansible Tower, which provides an easy-to- use dashboard and role-based access control, so that it is easier to allow individual teams access to use Ansible for their deployments.
- Written and authored Ansible playbooks for different automation tasks to fit in to the deployment needs.
- Experience in using Ansible to automate the creation, management, and monitoring of Docker containers.
- Skilled and Developed automation scripting in Python using Ansible to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Configured Ansible automation tool on Ubuntu which include SSH-key generation, creating inventory files, creating roles and playbooks.
- Worked on interpreting and modifying Terraform scripts and Ansible scripts to troubleshoot environment issues.
- Design, implement and support cloud infrastructure based on latest technologies such as Docker, OpenStack and VMWare to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of IaaS.
- Worked on creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Experience in creating Docker containers leveraging existing Linux Containers and AMI's in addition to creating Docker containers from scratch.
- Working on Kubernetes to build a centralized platform for use across the entire enterprise, container technology as the core of the platform, and deploy Kubernetes to manage the platform.
- Created/expand file systems in Linux (Volume groups and Logical Volumes) and Solaris using volume managers
- Responsible for setting up, configuring and maintaining various Network Management Tools for monitoring hosts status and perform health checks using New Relic and Zabbix, Nagios.
- Troubleshooting web application issues and infrastructure challenges, and clearly communicating technical issues to other team members and clients. Participating in daily scrum meetings to coordinate with the development team.
Environment: AWS, Chef, Docker, Cloud Foundry, SVN, TFS, GIT, GIT Stash, GitHub, DateDog,GitLab, Jenkins, Apache ANT, Maven, Ansible, Terraform, JIRA, Kubernetes, Nexus, Ruby, Bash, Python, Zabbix, Nagios, JAVA/J2EE applications.
DevOps Cloud Engineer
Confidential, Kansas City, KS
- In this project, I mainly assisted in Creating and maintaining various DevOps related tools for the team such as provisioning scripts, deployment tools, and development and staging environments on AWS, PaaS and IaaS applications for client acquisition.
- Migration of existing systems to AWS and using the snapshot method for the EBS volumes.
- Performed numerous server migrations on both Linux/Unix and Windows servers. Migrations include moving all clients and their data, configuration settings, testing and verifying everything is correct with zero downtime.
- Configured Apache on EC2 instances to make sure application that was created is up and running, troubleshoot issues to meet the desired application state.
- Created the Aws Infrastructure using VPC, EC2, S3, Route 53, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation.
- Elastic load balancer has been built and launched in public subnet to distribute the network traffic to multiple EC2 instances.
- Deployed and administered virtualized Linux infrastructure on Amazon AWS and Rackspace Cloud. Built custom scripts, workers and clients utilizing AWS SDK to manipulate Amazon EC2 and S3 resources.
- Installation, Configuration, Administration and troubleshooting for VMware ESXi Servers, HA, DRS, SDRS, vMotion, svMotion, vCenter Server 5.x etc.
- Developed and designed interfaces using HTML, JSP, Server-Side components using Servlets on
- Customized both JIRA and Confluence to integrate into the pre-existing systems with an eye towards making the programs extensions of their systems, and not hindrances to their systems.
- Configured GIT with Jenkins and schedule jobs using POLL SCM option and integrated to automate the code checkout process using plugins. we have used Ant, Maven, JDK, and Shell scrips for integrating and creating builds.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Performed troubleshooting, fixed and deployed many Python bug fixes of the two main applications that were a main source of data for both customers and internal customer service team.
- Involved in building database Model, APIs and Views utilizing Python, in order to build an interactive web-based solution.
- Use of JSON files to transfer data to the frontend, which was developed with AngularJS, JQuery, Bootstrap, HTML5, CSS & JS.
- Used Ansible for server provisioning and infrastructure automation, release automation and deployment automation, Configure files, commands and packages.
- Written Ansible playbooks to automate our build/deployment process and to do an overall process improvement to any manual process.
- Involved in Configuration Automation and Centralized Management with Ansible and Implemented Ansible to manage all existing servers and automate the build/configuration of new servers.
- Involved in writing various Custom Ansible Playbooks for deployment orchestration and developed Ansible Playbooks to simplify and automate day-to-day server administration tasks.
- Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Managed Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles. Used file module in Ansible playbook to copy and remove files on remote systems.
- Designed and managed build and Release cycle activities in Agile Methodologies and Implemented Software Configuration Management Standards in line with organization.
- Worked on deployment automation of all the microservices to pull image from the private Docker registry and deploy to Docker swarm cluster using Ansible.
Environment : AWS, GIT, Ansible, Agile, RHEL 6/7, windows, Chef, Python, Docker Kubernetes, VSTS, Django, Jdk1.7, Apache Ant, Maven, Shell Scripting (Bash), Jenkins, JIRA, Apache Tomcat.
Build & Release Engineer
- Administration of RHEL as 4.0, 5.0 which includes installation, testing, tuning, upgrading and loading patches, troubleshooting both physical and virtual server issues. Configuration of network equipment for newly builds servers.
- 1100+ servers include both physical and virtual where migrating physical DELL and HP servers to new VMware servers.
- Installed and upgraded Windows Server 2003 Domain Controllers to Windows Server 2008
- Scheduling full and incremental backups using NetBackup on daily, weekly and monthly basis. Managed Disks and File systems using LVM on Linux and Installation of Oracle Database Server.
- Monitored system activities and fine-tuned system parameters and configurations to optimize performance and ensure security of systems.
- Manual Installation and configuration of Tomcat and Apache servers and worked with Apache Tomcat for deploying and starting java/j2ee applications.
- NTP server and client configuration for synchronization of timing of all the server with the NTP server.
- RPM and YUM package installations, patch and other server management. Setting up network environments using TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, SMTP, DNS, SNMP agents, DHCP and Proxy.
- Configured Jenkins with GIT and SVN for appropriate release builds. Scheduled automated nightly builds using Subversion. Maintained Continuous Integration effort with Subversion along with scheduled builds.
- Setup various Jenkins jobs for build and test automation and created Branches, Labels and performed Merges in GIT.
- Work closely with scrum teams (Dev, QA) to make sure to bridge any gaps. Resolve any issues arise for commits, Build, Deployment on day to day basis.
- Experienced in configuring domain information utilities, such as Active Directory, AAA, LDAP, DHCP, WSUS, and DNS.
- Troubleshooting Linux network, security related issues, capturing packets using tools such as IP Tables.
- Create RHEL virtual servers in VMware center from consolidated image and from attached image in data store.
- Troubleshoot system problems & Supported 24/7 high availability production servers.
Environment: RHEL 5.0, 6.0 Satellite Server 5.4, GitHub, Jenkins, Windows Server 2003/2008, VM ware 4/6, LVM, LDAP, DNS Servers, IP Tables.
- Handled tickets and provided guidance to customers over the phone and in person.
- Performed on-site maintenance on common desktop issues such as RAM upgrades, GPU replacements, printer maintenance, and troubleshooting peripherals.
- Performed workstation setup and imaging, distributing RSA Tokens, resetting passwords, and performing system backups.
- Provided account services using Active Directory and email accounts using Exchange.
- Constructed a virtual Windows Server domain controller with DHCP, DNS and Active Directory, along with a single client desktop that logs into the domain.
- Successfully reconfigured Dell Power Connect switches to in corporate 2 VLANs and spanning tree protocol.
- Designed and deployed end user networks.
- Monitor Service Desk tickets from queue providing assistance and customer maintenance and testing.
- Remote monitoring and management of server hardware.
- Package management using RPM, YUM and UP2DATE in Red Hat Linux.
- Network installation via centralized yum server for client package update.
- Experience in using various network protocols like HTTP, UDP, FTP, and TCP/IP.
- Configuration and Administration of NFS, NIS, and DNS in LINUX environment.
Environment: RHEL 5.0, 6.0 Satellite Server 5.4, Windows Server 2003/2008, SSH, DHCP, SMTP, DNS, RPM, TCP/IP