- Overall 10 years of experience in IT industry working on IBM Mainframe Applications diversified across Software Development, Business Analysis, Quality Assurance and Implementation, especially in BFSI and Health Insurance domains with a special focus in Quality Engineering and Assurance.
- Experience in BFSI domain under Wholesale Banking, Payment Processing and Investigations with proficiency in SWIFT FIN, BAI reporting, ISO20022 and FED CHIPS message standards.
- Strong Expertise in Health Insurance domain under Claims Management System using PEGA Smart Investigate Framework tool.
- Experience in International Payments ACI MTS product migration on Customer statements and Payment messages (MT103, MT202, MT9XX).
- Extensive knowledge and experienced in both Software Development and Testing process that includes Analysis Requirements, Design, Development, Testing, Configuration/Release Management, Defect Tracking, Implementation and Post - production Support.
- Extensive experience in SDLC Methodologies such as Agile, Scrum, and Quality Assurance processes & methodologies as a Test Lead includes - Functional; Regression; Automation; Web Services; ETL; Database/ Application Failover; Browser Compatibility; Load/Performance; BCP-DR and Penetration testing.
- Experienced in creating dashboards using Tableau from Db2 and MS-Excel.
- Experience in testing process & documentation - Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test Cases/Test Scripts Design, Defect Management, Test Summary, Traceability and Status Reporting.
- Experience in supporting in various environments - SIT, UAT, Prod-Fix and Production.
- Developed and authored various Test documentation includes Test Estimation, Test Designing, Test Strategy, Test Planning, Test Scenarios, Test Data and other project specific documentation.
- Working experience in Test Systems such as HP ALM/QC, IBM Clear Quest, SoapUI.
- Extensive experience in IBM mainframes with z/OS utilizing mainframe technologies TSO, ISPF, JCL, COBOL, CICS, SDSF, MQ, DB2, SQL, SORTS, VSAM and development tools, languages and structured SDLC including versioning packages Endevor and Changeman.
- Hands on experience in using UNIX/LINUX commands.
- Strong Knowledge of DBMS and RDBMS concepts with hands on writing complex SQL / PLSQL queries in Oracle 10g, MS-SQL Server, My-SQL databases.
- Experience in the Onsite-Offshore Delivery Model - Lead Cross-Functional teams, Coordination, Client Communications, Imparting Training, Status Tracking, Issue Resolutions and Project Management.
- Excellent communication, documentation and presentations skills: ability to communicate technical proposals in a clear and concise manner; individually or in front of a group.
Programming Languages: COBOL, JCL, VSAM, CICS, ISPF, SOA, Web services, SOAP, WSDL, IBM MQ series
RDBMS/Database: DB2, Oracle 9i/10g, SQL/PLSQL,IMS DB
Operating Systems: IBM Z/OS, Windows 7/Vista/XP, Linux, UNIX,MVS
MS-Suite: MS Project, MS-Word, MS Excel, MS-PowerPoint, MS-Outlook.
Tools: File-Aid, Xpediter, Endevor, QMF, SPUFI, JHS, CA7, Syncsort, FTP, SAVRS, IR360, NDM and IBM UTILITIES, IR 360, UAM, CTRL-M, File Manager, iReport
Testing/Reporting Tools: HP QC 10.0/ALM 11.0, 12.0, Test Director, QTP, Clear Quest, Tableau,JIRA
Domain/Framework: HealthCare, BFSI, PEGA (Smart Investigate),SWIFT
Confidential, Charlotte NC
- Analyzed business requirements, maintain traceability matrix and created process flows and transform the business needs to simplified technical specifications.
- Acted as liaison between business partners and QA partners and helped in resolving the issues related to requirements.
- Involved in end to end system testing of the developed applications.
- Involved in creating accounts to UAM, generating BAI reports, SWIFT MT messages and ISO CAMT messages for the customers.
- Involved in creating Test plans for Functional and Non-functional requirements.
- Worked on IFT to GMTS migration project. As part of this project, worked extensively on different type of messages SWIFT, FED, CHP, involved in analyzing flow for the messages, and worked extensively on GMTS screen prints and Payment broker XML files.
- Co-ordinated and validated the core banking payments and statements generated from Flexcube.
- Building SQL queries in SPUFI to fetch data from tables for analysis.
- Involved in generating RTM and providing status updates to the management.
- Involved in reviewing complex SQL queries, views, functions and stored procedures and spotting issues before/during code migration.
- Involved in production validations.
- Conducted and attended Walkthrough sessions, Status meetings, Client reporting, imparting training, and, presenting demos.
Environment: and Tools: COBOL, JCL, SDSF, VSAM,DB2, CICS, ENDEVOR, SPUFI, XPEDITOR, FILE AID, SHAREPOINT, IBM UTILITIES, IBM MQ's, SYNCSORT, UNIX, SQL/PLSQL, CITRIX, HP ALM.
Confidential, Harrisburg PA
Application System Engineer
- Involved in analyzing the business requirements and authoring the functional requirements by creating the application low level and high level design documents.
- Involved in coordinating with various departments to create Ledger statements within PeopleSoft Financial application.
- Involved in developing the new functionality, enhancements, maintenance and fixing the defects using the IBM Mainframes tools and utilities.
- Unit Testing the modified code and preparing the test plan and test cases for the same.
- Involved in optimizing the performance of SQL queries by running them in SPUFI/QMF.
- Preparing the post release documents regarding the changes in the release for future reference.
- Supported different phases of testing life cycle in Dev, SIT, UAT and Prod Fix environments.
- Involved in analyzing the defects in production support environment. Conducted Defect Triage meetings to resolve technical issues and detailed status reporting to the Stake holders.
- Conducted and attended Walkthrough sessions, Status meetings, Client reporting, Imparting training, Power-user sessions, facilitate Sprint Planning, Daily Scrums, Retrospectives and presenting demos.
Environment: and Tools: COBOL, JCL, VSAM,DB2, CICS, ENDEVOR, SPUFI, XPEDITOR, FILE AID, SHAREPOINT, IBM UTILITIES, SYNCSORT, UNIX, SQL/PLSQL, CITRIX, HP ALM,CTRL-M, SOAP UI.
Senior Software Engineer
- Analysis of the Application design specifications provided by the client and preparing the Detailed Design Documents.
- Prepared high level design and low level design documents for the project.
- Write new programs or modify the existing programs as per the required specifications both for online and batch systems.
- Hands on Claim Management, Inquires and Bill Payments processing.
- Testing - Unit testing & String testing and Preparation of Unit Test Plans and Reports.
- Coordinating with team and played an active role in order to get the clarifications from the Onsite. Mentor junior resources in the team.
- Hands on experience in working with PEGA Smart Investigate framework for inquiry management.
- Handling the team activities like Task distribution among the team members, frequent tracking and reviewing the completed tasks and Defect analysis & fix.
- Involving in Defect Prevention activities by making use of pre and post release defects consolidations.
- Delivering deliverables on time, analyzing defects and solving them.
- Analyze and fix issues when the same comes under the scope of development activities.
- Involved in analyzing the defects in production support environment.
- Conducted walkthroughs with production team at offshore regarding the release.
- Collaborated with APS team in resolving the abend which occurred in INTERFACE application within SLA limit and received appreciation for the same.
Environment: and Tools: COBOL, JCL, VSAM, DB2, CICS, ENDEVOR, SPUFI, XPEDITOR, FILE AID, ABEND AID, IBM MQ, SHAREPOINT, IBM UTILITIES, SYNCSORT,HP QC.
- As part of production support team, involved in monitoring the daily, weekly, monthly batch and online production jobs using CA-7.
- Involved in trouble shooting the technical issues or working with appropriate technology teams to provide solutions.
- Provided expertise and support during critical incidents, interfacing with all impacted groups to better manage the issue.
- Worked on tickets assigned to me and preparing the supporting test documents for the same.
- Involved in analyzing the code and fixing the defects in production within the SLA time limit.
- Proactively engage in the remediation of software issues related to code quality, security, and/or pattern/frameworks. Provided guidance and coaching to associate software developers.
Environment: and Tools: COBOL, JCL, VSAM, DB2, CICS, XPEDITOR, ENDEVOR, CA7, HP QC, File Aid.
- Involved in coding for the application which was basically designed for clients (Corporate/Individual) wants funding against collateral, depending upon the Funding Ratio defined for Particular Plan/Scheme by Asset Management Company.
- Application involves client creation, setting for Client Credit Information, Creating Loan Schedule, getting Cash/Mutual Fund/Equity as collateral, purchases MF, Load Disbursement, Withdraw Mutual Fund units\Equity, Redeem MF units, Switch MF units, Margin Call generation then Square off process, ledger posting on EOD, interest rate revise and Revenue MIS reports.
- Involved in full lifecycle application development using standard frameworks and coding standards.
- Involved in design, enhancing/developing the code as per the prescribed specifications both for online and batch systems.
- Involved in documenting the programming problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Involved in supporting different phases of testing i.e., Unit, Regression, System, Integration and production.
- Involved in documenting the test and release related documents.
Environment: and Tools: COBOL, JCL, VSAM, DB2, CICS, ENDEVOR, SPUFI, XPEDITOR, FILE AID, ABEND AID, IBM MQ, SHAREPOINT, IBM UTILITIES, SYNCSORT, WEB SERVICES, SOAP.