- AWS Certified Developer with over 7+ years of professional experience on DevOps operations process like Build/Release Management, software configuration Management, Environment, Service, Event and Change Management.
- Experience as Cloud/ DevOps Engineer comprising of Linux and System Administration with a major focus on AWS, Azure, Open Stack, Deployment, Continuous integration, Configuration Management, Build/Release Management and Virtualization technologies which also includes Troubleshooting and Performance issues.
- Experienced with the understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) processes Agile, scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Hands - on experience with a broad range of AWS Cloud Services like EC2, ELB, Auto Scaling, VPC, Route53, RDS, S3, IAM, SNS, SQS, Dynamo DB, AWS lambda, Elastic search, and Cloud Watch.
- Experience in dealing with Windows Azure IaaS - Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, Cloud Services, VPN, Application Gateways and Windows Azure PaaS storages like Blob (Page and Block), SQL Azure, Resource Groups, Express Route, Traffic Manager, VPN, Load Balancing, Application Gateways, Auto-Scaling.
- Involved in migrating SQL Server databases to SQL Azure Database using SQL Azure Migration Wizard and then Deployed application to Azure Cloud.
- Experience in creating and managing pipelines using Azure Data Factory, copying data, configuring data flow in and out of Azure Data Lake Stores according to technical requirements.
- Hands-on Maintained and developed docker images for a tech stack including Cassandra, Kafka, Apache, and several in house written java services, running in Google Cloud (GCP) on Kubernetes.
- Experience in creating Google Kubernetes Engine to manage and orchestrate the Docker container clusters of the containers which were run in the Google public cloud.
- Worked on OpenStack environments to create and manage users using Keystone and VM management using OpenStack, volume management using Cinder, network and port management using Neutron.
- Configuring the OpenStack Keystone, glance, cinder, swift and integrated OpenStack (Icehouse) with OpenStack to create software-Defined-Networking tenant and service provider network and routers.
- Expertise in Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) architecture and design, troubleshooting issues with platform components, and developing multi-regional deployment models and patterns for large-scale deployments on Cloud Foundry.
- Experience working with AWS CodePipeline and Creating Cloud formation JSON templates, which is converted to Terraform for infrastructure as code.
- Extensive experience using GRADLE, MAVEN, and ANT as a Build Tool for the building of deployable artifacts (war & ear) from source code.
- Hands On experience in DevOps tools such as GIT, GitHub, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Nagios, Ansible, Docker and Splunk.
- Worked in all areas of Jenkins setting up CI for new branches, build automation, plugin management and securing Jenkins and setting up master/slave configurations.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Written Chef cookbooks for installing operating systems, installing Software, web applications in Virtual Machines and AWS EC2 instances.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and expertise in maintaining large deployments using Ansible, Chef, and Puppet.
- Created Ansible Playbooks and Puppet Manifests to provision Apache Web servers, Tomcat servers, Nginx, Apache Spark, and other applications.
- Implemented Infrastructure as a Code and Migrated all the running services into Docker Containers. Good Understanding and worked extensively on the Docker and Kubernetes.
- For monitoring production health used tools like Splunk, AppDynamics and for networking issues used Nagios.
- Professional experience with the install, configure and administration of VMware vSphere ESXi.
- Expert in deploying code through web and application servers like WebSphere/WebLogic/Apache Tomcat /JBoss/Nginx.
- Created Linux Virtual Machines using VMware Virtual Center (ESXi), hypervisor-v, PHP Virtual Box. Worked with bug-tracking systems like JIRA, Remedy, and HP Quality Center.
- Experience in Linux/Unix System Administration, Network Administration and Application Support working on Red Hat Linux 4/5/6/7, SUSE Linux 10/11, Sun Solaris 8/9/10.
- Strong hands-on experience with scripting languages like Python, Ruby, Shell Script and Java.
- Experience with Relational and NoSQL Database Management systems like MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, CouchDB, and Mongo DB.
Platforms: UNIX, Linux (Red Hat 4.x,5.x,6.x), CentOS, Ubuntu, Solaris, Windows 8/7/Vista/ XP
Version Control Tools: GIT, SVN, Perforce, Gerrit, Bitbucket, TFS.
CI/CD Tools: Hudson, Jenkins, Bamboo, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Team City
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, MS Build, Gradle
Programming Languages: C, C++, Core Java, J2EE, JDBC & Collections.
Container Platforms: Docker, Packer, Kubernetes, ECS, Mesos
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Nagios, CloudWatch, Logstash, Elasticsearch, Grafana.
Cloud Platform: AWS, OpenStack, Azure, Google Cloud
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy, HP Quality Center
AWS Services: EC2, ELB, EBS, AMI, S3, VPC, RDS, IAM, CloudFormation, CloudTrail, SNSSQS, Glacier, CloudFront.
Repositories: Nexus, Artifactory, JFrog.
Web/Application Servers: WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss, Apache Tomcat, Nginx
Network Protocols: TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, SNMP, SMTP, Ethernet, NFS
Database Systems: SQL Server 2000/2005, My SQL, Dynamo DB, Mongo DB
Web Servers: JBOSS 4.x/5.x, Apache Tomcat 5.x/7.x, Web Sphere (4.0, 5.0), Web Logic (8/9/10).
Sr. DevOps/Cloud Engineer
Confidential, Burlington, MA.
- Involved in the part of an engineering team designated to design a new platform to host applications AWS while setting up VPN tunnels from the corporate network to VPCs in AWS and designed the Subnets, Routing, and IAM policies in AWS.
- Implementing AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, and Autoscaling groups, Optimized volumes, Cloud Formation, and Lambda.
- Using IAM to create new accounts, roles, and groups and engaged in enabling lambda functions for dynamic creation of Roles and automating the cloud deployments using Chef, python and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Written Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform templates to build staging and production environments. Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) Written Cloud Formation templates and deployed AWS resources using it.
- Deployed applications into the AWS cloud using Amazon EC2, VPC (Virtual Private Cloud), IAM (Identity and Access Management), AWS S3, Glacier, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail and Route 53.
- Working on POC for migrating to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) to address scalability and performance issues. Creating of Google Kubernetes Engine for manage and orchestrate for Docker container clusters of container which run with Google public cloud.
- Updating kernel & security patches in Amazon linux environment, handling out of memory issues in Linux kernels during rebalance in Kafka cluster.
- Automated Installation and configuration of Apache, Tomcat servers using Python and supported implementations of Kafka and RabbitMQ message servers running Linux and Windows server.
- Supported implementations of Kafka and RabbitMQ message servers running Linux and Windows server.
- Maintaining and developing Docker images for a tech stack including Cassandra, Kafka, Apache, and several in house written Java applications, running in Google Cloud (GCP) on Kubernetes. Designed, deployed, and maintenance of a full stack Kubernetes environment, running on Google Cloud Platform.
- Creating a Google Compute Engine for deployment of the application by creating a web server which is a virtual server and using Google resource manager for the management of resources in the Google cloud. Creating a Google cloud function for the serverless architecture for the background work.
- Implemented Ansible to manage all existing servers and automate the build / configuration of new servers and Involved in Configuration Automation and Management with Ansible .
- Involved in writing various Ansible playbooks in YAML for deployment orchestration and developed Ansible Playbooks to simplify and automate day-to-day server administration tasks and protection Encrypted data needed for tasks with Ansible Vault.
- Writing Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as a wrapper for configuration management of AWS nodes in the cloud environment and Tested Ansible playbooks on AWS instances using Python and involved in running Ansible Scripts to provision dev servers.
- Automating the tasks using Ansible playbooks, Shell scripting and Python, migrating servers with the required configurations changes and testing and deploying the machines using Ansible commands.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Installed Docker Registry for local upload and download of Docker images and even from Docker hub and configuring the Docker containers and creating Docker files for the various application.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub .
- Created a private cloud using Kubernetes that supports development, test and production environments.
- Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and Managed releases of Helm packages . Scheduled, deployed and managed Container replicas onto a node cluster using Kubernetes.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain, GIT with Dev/Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Responsible for installing Jenkins master and slave nodes and configure Jenkins builds for Continuous Integration(CI) and Continuous Delivery(CD).
- Created and automated the Jenkins pipeline using pipeline groovy script for the applications . Configured GIT with Jenkins and schedule jobs using POLL SCM option.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain, GIT with Dev/Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Integrated SonarQube with Jenkins for continuous inspection of code quality and analysis with SonarQube scanner for Maven.
- Built scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Resolved merging issues during rebasing and re-integrating branches by conducting meetings with Development Team Leads.
- Ability to build deployment, build scripts and automated solutions using various scripting languages such as Shell, PowerShell, Python, Ruby.
- Created and wrote shell scripts Bash, Ruby, Python, and PowerShell for automating tasks.
- Have built Elasticsearch, Log stash and Kibana ( ELK ) for centralized logging and then store logs and metrics into S3 bucket using Lambda function.
- Working with ELK (Elastic Search, Log stash and Kibana) stack to develop an end to end transaction processing system.
- Worked on Collection of Build metrics and its Test case metrics from Jenkins to showcase as visualization in Kibana dashboard using ELK.
- Developed and scheduled new Splunk capacity dashboards, data models and performance reports assisting senior management in making business critical capacity decisions.
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
Environment: AWS, Lambda, Cloud formation template, Terraform, AWS S3, Glacier, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Route 53, GCP, Google Kubernetes Engine, Docker, Ansible, Python SSH, Jenkins, GitHub, PowerShell, Python, Ruby, Shell script, ELK, Splunk, SonarQube, MAVEN, ANT.
Sr. DevOps / Cloud Engineer
Confidential, Rochester, MN.
- Designed, configured and deployed Microsoft Azure for a multitude of application s utilizing the Azure stack (Including Compute, Web & Mobile, Blobs, ADF, Resource Groups, Azure SQL DW, Cloud Services, and ARM, focusing on high-availability, Disaster Recovery, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling).
- Transferred the data from on-premises to Azure cloud using Talented jobs with Hybrid systems.
- Experience on creating Azure Virtual Machines for creating a web server which is used as Virtual Machine configuration automation using Docker containers and developed Networking policies for Docker containers and worked on open source development tools like Mesos and Kubernetes.
- Experience in Automating, Configuring and Deploying Instances on Azure environments and in Data center and expertise in creating Microsoft Azure SQL database for data storage in cloud.
- Designed and developed standalone data migration applications to retrieve and populate data from Azure Table / BL storage to on-premise SQL Server instances. Transferred the data from on-premises to Azure cloud using Talented jobs with Hybrid systems.
- Worked on Serverless services (Azure Functions) created and configured HTTP Triggers in the Azure Functions with application insights for monitoring and performing load testing on the Applications using the VSTS.
- Involved in Configuration Automation and Centralized Management with Chef, implemented to manage all existing servers and automate the build/configuration of new servers.
- Responsible for testing Cookbooks on AWS instances using Python and to run Chef Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and Azure server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Worked with various components of Chef including Chef Server, workstations, Nodes, configurations of chef-client and writing recipes for Chef and assigning roles to nodes.
- Installed Chef Server Enterprise on the workstation and bootstrapped the nodes using Knife and involved in writing Chef Cookbooks and recipes to automate the deployment process. Worked in setting up the Chef repo, Chef Workstations, and Chef nodes.
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Swarm, Docker Engine, Docker-Hub, Docker-Compose, Docker Registry.
- Managed Docker orchestration using Docker Swarm and also responsible for the containerization of applications using Docker. Created Docker compose file on multiple servers and automate multiple tasks with one file.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation-using Jenkins along with Python and Shell scripts to automate routine jobs. Migrated Legacy applications to a repeatable Continuous Integration platform.
- Designed the project workflows/pipelines using for Continuous Integration and deployment into different Web/Application Servers.
- Developed build and Deployment Scripts using MAVEN as build tool in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Creating a fully Automated Build and Deployment Platform and coordinating code builds promotions and orchestrated deployments using Jenkins/Hudson, and GitHub.
- Created GIT workflows and appropriate meta-data, performed merges and executed builds on a pool of dedicated build machines.
- Responsible for Creating and Implementing branching & merging strategy with multiple branches. Used Git as source code management repository to keep track of version changes. Implemented and Maintained the Branching and Build/Release strategies utilizing GIT source code management.
- Installed Docker Registry for local upload and download of Docker images and even from Docker hub.
- Experience in setting up MongoDB Client and writing queries to validate data against Mongo Collections, MySQL. Installed, configured and managed MongoDB servers and performance tuning of Mongo Databases.
- Worked with ELK (Elastic Search, Log stash and Kibana) stack to develop an end to end transaction processing system.
- Monitored CPU, memory, physical disk, Hardware, and Software RAID, multipath, file systems, a network using the tools NAGIOS 4.0 monitoring.
- Created JIRA issues to prioritize and take an action on what's important and stayed up to date with what's going on around the project.Used Splunk to monitoring/metric collection for applications in a cloud-based environment.
ENVIRONMENT: Azure, Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes, VSTS, Chef, Docker, Jenkins, Python, Maven, Git, MangoDB, ELK, MySQL, Nagios, Jira, Splunk.
DevOps / Cloud Engineer
Confidential, Dallas, TX.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch
- Utilized AWS CLI to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS and created nightly AMIs for mission-critical production servers as backups.
- Worked with CloudTrail, CloudFront, and Glacier services, Design EC2 instance architecture to meet high availability application architecture and deploying, configuring, and managing servers in AWS.
- Support, troubleshooting and problem resolution for the developed Cloud Formation scripts to build on-demand EC2 instance formation.
- Extensively involved in infrastructure as code, execution plans, resource graph and change automation using Terraform and Managed AWS infrastructure as code using Terraform.
- Continuous deployment, continuous integration, and promoting Enterprise Solution deployment assets to target environments
- Involved in configuration and automating the Jenkins Build jobs for Continuous Integration.
- Involved in configuring Chef server, Chef-solo along with writing Chef Recipes.
- Rolled out Chef to all servers and used the Chef node database to drive host configuration, DNS zones, monitoring, backups.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Puppet/Chef, Maven & Nexus in Linux environment.
- Worked on provisioning different environments using Chef and other Configuration management tools.
- Implemented a continuous deployment (CD) pipeline involving Bamboo, Puppet to complete the automation from commit to deployment.
- Administered Bamboo continuous integration server installation and configuration to automate application packaging and deployments.
- Experience with container base deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker HUB, and Docker registries.
- Involved in DevOps migration/automation processes for build and deployment in the system.
- Configured Docker file with different artifacts to make an image and using Chef cookbooks deployed those Docker images to different servers for running the applications on containers.
- Extensive working experience using MAVEN as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts from source code.
- Used Git for source code version control and integrated with Jenkins for CI/CD pipeline, code quality tracking and user management with build tools Maven and Ant in the AWS.
- Created Pre-commit hooks in Perl/shell/bash for authentication with JIRA-Pattern Id while committing codes in SVN, limiting file size code and file type and restricting development team to check-in while code commit.
- Performed and deployed Builds for various Environments like QA, Integration, UAT and Productions Environments
- Worked on the cloud-based diagramming software called Gliffy for creating different types of design documents required for the Continuous Integration process.
- Organized and Coordinated Product Releases, work closely with product development, QA, Support across global locations to ensure successful releases.
- Used Nagios as a monitoring tool to identify and resolve infrastructure problems before they affect critical processes and worked on Nagios Event handlers in case of an automatic restart of failed applications and services. Worked on Apache and Firewalls in both development and production.
- Deployed and configured JIRA, both hosted and local instances for issue tracking, workflow collaboration, and tool-chain automation.
ENVIRONMENT : Cloud Watch, EC2, AWS S3, EBS, Terraform, Jenkins, Chef, Docker, Bamboo, Maven, Git, Jira, NexusPerl, Nagios.
Confidential, Olive Branch, MS
- Responsible for versioning the source code, releasing binary files, creating and applying labels on source files and release files.
- Efficient in tracing complex build problems, release issues, and environment issues in a multi-component environment.
- An active member in the release cycle of the product which involved environments like Development, QA, UAT, and Production.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies such as Agile, SCRUM, and Waterfall models.
- Worked on the configuration management tool Puppet for deploying the codes between different environments.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Puppet Master/Agent. Wrote custom Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre-written modules from Puppet-forge. Up gradation or Migration of Puppet Community.
- Built Puppet manifests and bootstrap scripts to allow us to bootstrap instances to various roles without having to maintain AMIs.
- Updating the SVN log properties for revisions. Setting up the SVN sync servers, changed rev properties for SVN sync.
- Automated the regular tasks in Subversion and Streamlining the process of access to SVN.
- Managed SVN repositories for branching and merging the code as per the schedule.
- Responsible for the design and maintenance of the Subversion Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Merged release branches to the trunk after the production release and resolved the conflicts during the merge in Subversion.
- Configured Hudson with SVN for appropriate release builds. Scheduled automated nightly builds using Subversion.
- Worked with the development team to generate deployment profiles (jar, war, ear) using Ant Scripts and Java.
- Assist with maintaining current build systems, developed build scripts, and maintained the source control system.
- Used ANT and artifacts on the source code.Provide proactive maintenance and support of virtualization server hardware and hypervisor, including patching and driver firmware updates. Worked on ANT Scripts to automate the build process.
- Configured Nexus to manage the artifacts in different Repositories.Written ANT scripts, Installed Hudson, written shell script for the end to end build and deployment automation.
- Configured and maintained codebase to support the build and deployment of code on servers. Merging and tagging need to be done after the code went live in environment.
- Worked on deploying WAR, JAR, and EAR files in Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss application servers in Linux/Unix/Windows environment.
- Automating the regular tasks in Subversion and streamlining the process of access to SVN.
- Install, configure and manage Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, Nagios for Resource Monitoring/ Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
ENVIRONMENT : Puppet, SVN, Hudson, Ant, Nexus, Nagios, Splunk, Tomcat, Jboss, Linux.
Build and Release Engineer
- Build Release Engineer for 3 project teams that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Subversion (SVN).
- Installation and Migration of Redhat Linux 5, 6, 7 on VMware virtual, physical servers using Virtual Client Infrastructure Console.
- Patch different software using RedHat Package Manager and YUM.
- Managing RedHat involves day-to-day maintenance of servers and troubleshooting.
- Provided end-user training for all Subversion (SVN) users to effectively use the tool.
- Implemented a GIT mirror for SVN repository, which enables users to use both SVN and GIT.
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
- Developed build and Tuning of kernel parameters deployment scripts using ANT, and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Setting up Code Coverage reports tool like SONAR to help in managing the quality of source code.
- Perform periodic system audits on all environments to ensure that only controlled versions of software reside all environments.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of processes and associated scripts/tools for automated build, testing, and deployment of the products to various developments.
- Used Chef to automate Configuration management and used Chef to manage Web Applications, Configuring Files, Data Base, Commands, Users.
- Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects. Jenkins is used as a continuous integration tool for automation of the daily process.
- Managed Dependency Management within the teams by installing and configuring Nexus Repository Manager.
- Used JIRA to track issues and Change Management. Integrated JIRA with SVN and created automated release Notes using Perl Scripts.
Environment: Subversion (SVN), GIT, Jenkins, ANT, Maven, Shell scripts, XML, UNIX, Jira, Chef, Ruby, MS Build, Puppet, Apache, WebLogic, Tomcat5.
- Installation and Administration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3, 4, 5 SLSE10 using Kick start including monitoring, scaling and capacity planning and hardware maintenance of Sun fire servers.
- Installation and Configuration of Red Hat Satellite on Dell power edge 2650.
- Installation and configuration of CYGWIN on Windows in order to access UNIX system from Windows Operating Systems.
- Perform regular update to the latest patches for SUN Solaris and Linux machines.
- User and group administration for all the UNIX servers (IBM AIX, HP-UX, RHL) available in the lab.
- Configuration of Naming Services like DNS, DHCP, NIS, LDAP Novell directory. Implementing Master and Slave servers for NIS, DNS.
- Expert in Installing, configuring and maintaining apache/tomcat, samba.
- Co-ordinate with web admin team in the installation of BEA Web Logic Server 8.1.
- Creating, Mounting and Troubleshooting NFS File systems on different OS platforms. Troubleshooting and fixing day-to-day problems related to the servers.
- Building Sun Solaris Servers from scratch with Jumpstart and Flash Archives for upcoming projects.
- Hands-on Migration Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.0 to RHEL 5.0.
- Responsible for Oracle database security and patching, Oracle database capacity analysis and planning.
- Provided 24 x 7 supports to various application level server level & network level Monitoring & troubleshooting of any data center outages.
- Hands-on VMware for installing Linux and SUSE Linux and windows on virtual machines.
- Managed disk storage with VERITAS Volume Manager 3.5/4.1 and Solaris Volume Manager with VERITAS File System (VxFS).
- Network troubleshooting using ndd, Traceroute, net stat, ifconfig, and snoop.
Environment: Solaris 8, 9,10, Red hat 5.3,5.5, HP-UX 11i,Apache Web Server 1.3.x, 2.x Oracle 8i,9i2, Perl, KSH, Sun v480, v880, E220, IBM p630, p550, power 4 Dell POWEREDGE 700,2650,6650, Red hat Enterprise Linux 1.0.