Highly skilled network engineer with over seventeen years of experience in network infrastructure technology and computer systems management. Proven ability in tasks ranging from installing and configuring to troubleshooting and . Excellent problem solver with strong communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills. Self - motivated individual always ready to tackle new challenges
Operating Systems: Cisco IOS, Cisco NX-OS, Cisco IOS-XE, Juniper Junos, Microsoft Windows 10, Windows 8, Apple OSX, VMWare ESXi, VMWare Horizon
Networks/ Protocols: Ethernet, TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, MPLS, ATM, Frame Relay
Hardware: Cisco and Juniper Routers and Switches, Cisco ASA, Crypto Devices, Sidewinder Firewalls, Networked PC’s, Servers and Printers, Cable plant, rack, power installs
Security Solutions: Cisco Firepower IPS Integration, Stealth Watch Netflow, Plixer Scrutinizer
Sr. Network Engineer
- Worked as the lead Network Engineer for a dynamic group that required quick solutions and innovative thinking for a variety of problems.
- Drove the migration from a custom, outdated system that required constant upkeep to VMWare Horizon VDI that is massively scalable. Found virtualization solutions for customer applications that reduced the user equipment per seat cost from $ 0.
- Implemented security improvements to the network including Cisco Sourcefire IPS, automated AV updates for user systems, robust logging to centralized secure locations, and NetFlow collection.
- Expanded the Internet connectivity from two Points of Presence at a single location to sixteen Points of Presence throughout many geographic areas without expanding the budget.
- Lead the relocation of the network and user base from one location to another. Managed all aspects including purchasing new equipment, working with various customer groups for installation of new equipment, system migration planning and implementation.
- Traveled as needed to meet with various service providers to develop new solutions and plan implementations.
- Acted as the interface between customer contracting officers and contractors providing services to the customer. Monitored budget and invoicing to ensure correct spending.
Sr. Network Engineer
- Developed and delivered power, cooling, cabling and datacenter design requirements to various subcontractors responsible for construction
- Gathered all network requirements for a large-scale building consolidation
- Designed all network systems to be installed
- Coordinated between various government agencies for mission related connectivity
- Oversaw and provided technical support to installation teams
- Managed the budget of the full network build-out including submitting/tracking orders with various vendors.
Sr. Network Engineer
- Selected to be the Network Engineer for a special small team responsible for the build-out of nationwide voice, video, and data network.
- Developed network engineering designs
- Personally deployed to various U.S. sites for network installations while simultaneously providing support to ongoing installations in other locations within the U.S.
- Worked with Juniper routers, Cisco routers and switches, ASA’s, VPN 3000 series concentrators, Sidewinder Firewalls, Blue Ridge VPN’s and General Dynamics cryptographic devices to create secure network solutions.
- Designed and installed a highly secure virtualized environment using IBM Blade Center and Cisco Nexus hardware.
- Experience with the integration of virtualized networks, with traditional network technologies.
- Trained Jr. and Mid-level Network Engineers on current technologies and solutions.
- Designed a new Cisco Confidential Ethernet infrastructure that is compatible with the existing legacy LANE infrastructure allowing a phased transition.
- Created Engineering Orders including equipment configurations, hardware installation instructions, timeline organization, and diagrams.
- Analyzed customer requirements to determine optimal equipment, bandwidth, power, traffic flow, design, ect.
- Assisted customers with tracking their requirements and sorting out any issues relating to funding, equipment orders, security concerns, or changes to network requirements.
- Responsible for and mentoring junior level engineers in their designs and reviewing their Engineering Orders for accuracy
- Implemented Engineering Orders.
- Responsible for coordinating RMA’s and shipping of equipment to vendors for repair.
- Updated network drawings and diagrams.
- Responded to network outages after hours through rotating on-call duty.
Network Administrator and Telecommunications Specialist
- Designed and lead installation of Confidential solution for Confidential server farm.
- Designed and implemented backup solution with automated onsite and offsite storage.
- Base resource manager for all IT equipment, managed four million dollars of equipment on 28 computer accounts