- 8 years of Experience and having Certifications in Confidential, professional in designing, architecting, deploying and troubleshooting Network & Security infrastructure on routers, switches (L2/L3) & firewalls of various vendor equipment.
- Troubleshoot and implemented Vlan, STP, MSTP, RSTP, PVST, 802.1Q, DTP, HSRP, VRRP, GLBP, LACP, PAGP, AAA, TACACS, RADIUS, MD5, VTP & SVI.
- Extensive experience in configuring L2 & L3 Juniper & Confidential based models. such as 7200, 3800, 3600, 2800, 2600, 2500, 1800 series and Confidential catalyst 6500, 4500, 3750, 3500, 2900 series switches
- Strong hands on experience in layer - 3 Routing and layer-2 Switching.
- Technology and Infrastructure consultant for Confidential and Juniper design and implementation projects. Specific tasks include installations, configurations, support and maintenance of routers and switches.
- IP addressing Implementation and management
- Knowledge in Password Recovery and troubleshooting of Confidential & Juniper device.
- IOS/JUNOS upgrade for Confidential & Juniper routers switches.
- DNS and DHCP implementation in Microsoft platforms
- Strong hands on experience on Palo Alto firewall.
- Implemented security policies using ACL, IPSEC, SSL, VPN, IPS/IDS, AAA (TACACS+ & RADIUS)
- Stacking of Networking gears (Cables, switches routers etc.)
- Experience in testing Confidential & Juniper routers cum switches in laboratory scenarios and deploy on site for production.
- Experience in RIP, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP.
- Working Knowledge of Confidential IOS, Junos & basic Nexus configuration (5K&2K).
- Efficient designing of IP Addressing Scenario using VLSM and Sub netting.
- Proficient in setting up IT infrastructure including wide area networks (WAN) local area networks (LAN), security management systems network device administration.
Operating system: Windows 2008, 2012 server Confidential IOS, Junos
Traffic Monitoring tools: Confidential Netflow Analyzer, SolarWinds and IPERF
Hardware Platforms: Switch - Confidential 2950, 2960, 3600, 3750, 4500, 5000, 6500, 1700, 1800, 2600 series Juniper EX 3300, 3400 series and HP switches
Routers: Confidential ISR 880, 2900,4000 ASR 1000, 2000 And Juniper MX 10, 40, 80, 240, 480 series, Wireless LAN controllers - Confidential, Aruba, Access points - Autonomous and Light weight, Firewall - Palo Alto
Protocols: Vlan, Stp, Mstp, Rstp, Pvst, 802.1q, Dtp, Hsrp, Vrrp, Glbp, Lacp, Pagp, AAA, Tacacs, Radius, Md5, Vtp, Ntp, Snmp Etc.
Routing Protocols: RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, MP-BGP
VPN: Remote Access VPN, Site-to-Site VPN, Internet Protocol Security or IPSec VPN, Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP), Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP), Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
WAN Technologies: Frame-relay, PPP, HDLC, MPLS, ATM, MPLS, leased lines and T1/T3
LAN technologies: Ethernet
Cabling: Copper and Fiber Optic
Confidential, Melville, NY
Sr Network Engineer
- Deployed and configured Confidential 3650 series, HP switches, Confidential 891, 2951, 2921 and ISR 4000 series routers.
- Deployed DMVPN setup for spoke at several remote sites terminating at remote Hub routers.
- Designed and implemented Metro-e setup at few remote sites over service provider network to datacenters.
- Travelled 90 percentage of the time for remote sites for network migration and providing on-field pre-& post migration user support.
- Performed staging, mounting and racking of networking gear in network closet for the network migration.
- Implemented and configured UPS systems (Liebert GXT series).
- Coordinated with third party vendors for new site implementations related to network migration
- Cooordinated in close with windows team at different migration sites for DNS, DHCP setup and deployed the changes accordingly on routers and layer 3 switches.
- Deployed and troubleshoot Eigrp and BGP protocols over WAN.
- Deployed and maintained IPerf platform for speed testing as a part of network migration
- Prepared and analyzed various Documentations and drafts on network Migration periodically.
- Had a strong experience with IP addressing management.
- Coordinated with vendors for creating RMA for replacing defected devices.
- Deployed and assisted Data center for Metro-E migration.
- Configured and monitored class-maps, policy-maps and route-maps for policy based routing.
- Contributed to the output of the team and ensured SLA deliverables are met.
Confidential, Boca Raton, FL
Sr. Network Engineer
- Configured and troubleshoot Confidential 3850, 6000 series switches and Confidential ISR4331, 3900, 2921 routers
- Implemented and configured Palo Alto and check point Firewalls
- Configured and maintained Confidential Wireless Lan controllers.
- Implemented IPsec, Site-to-Site VPN, MPLS, GRE tunneling, T1/T3 WAN connections successfully
- Coordinated with different vendors and clients, and supportive IT teams in gathering the appropriate details for the project.
- Worked with UDP protocols such as DHCP, DNS, FTP, LDAP, SMTP, SNMP, SSH, Telnet, NTP and VOIP etc.
- Implemented, configured Confidential 2500 and 5550 series Wireless LAN controllers and Light weight access points.
- Gathered extensive experience maintaining and coordinating with various local and offshore Telecommunication Careers (AT&T, Virgin Media, Comcast) in support of successful network migration.
- Worked extensively on MP-BGP, MPLS Traffic Engineering, MPLS and L2, L3 QOS.
- Installed and monitored DNS, DHCP implementation for entire network for several remote branch sites.
- Configured and deployed Confidential Net flow on devices for traffic monitoring.
- Had a strong experience with IP address management and implementation.
- Had a strong Experience and implementing and troubleshooting Route-maps, access lists, Prefix-list and IP policies.
- Configured and troubleshoot LAN, WAN technologies (IPsec, GRE, MPLS, T1, ISDN)
- Designed and installed access, distribution and core architecture for enterprise network solution.
- Implemented conversion of wireless access points to light weight access points and associate to respective wireless controllers.
- Assisted windows team occasionally with 2008 windows server DHCP setup and performed regular troubleshooting throughout the entire network migration.
- Implemented and monitored TACACS, Radius for device administration and network access.
- Performed regular maintained bandwidth management solutions.
- Performed functions of handling multiple windows Change management and incident management (monitoring and troubleshooting)..
- Worked extensively on advance BGP, Route-map, IP policies, VPN technologies (Citrix, Juniper)
Confidential, Breinigsville, PA
- Configured and implemented Confidential 2960 and 3650 switches.
- Configured and implemented Confidential ISR C881-K9, 1001, 4431 routers.
- Worked Extensively on Palo Alto firwall implementation.
- Implemented changes in configuration as per task assigned within scheduled change window and ensured backups of device before and after the change.
- Perfomed on-field cat6 and Fiber Optic network cabling implementation
- Coordinated with Vendors to replace the faulty hardware like power supply, fans, modules, cables, sfp, access points & laps.
- Trace ports of user via trace route and ping to process change in vlan assignment.
- Coordinated with various teams such as Project Manager, Onsite Manager and client and field technician to implement and drive issues to closure.
- Performed Shell scripting to a limited scale.
- Worked with IP address Management. configured and Managed DNS and DHCP in Microsoft Platforms.
- Worked on upgrading of the JUNOS and IOS platforms.
- Created Documentation for network implementation such as (Diagrams, Charts etc) BOM (bill of materials) and Microsoft Visio for designing.
- Installed and troubleshoot LAN, WAN & Multilayers Switching.
- Experience with communicating with different customers, IT teams in gathering the details for the project.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Configured BGP, OSPF and Static routing on Juniper MX series, Confidential ISR 2900 series (2821, 2951) routers.
- Configured and Troubleshoot Palo Alto firewall.
- Configured and troubleshoot Confidential catalyst 3750, 4500, 6500 series switches.
- Configured VLAN, spanning tree, VSTP, SNMP, Trunking (dot1q and ISL) and Ether channel on Confidential and juniper switches.
- Responsible for turning up BGP peering and customer sessions, as well as debugging BGP routing problems.
- Dealt with IP address implementation and handling of documentation.
- Configured DHCP and DNS in Windows server Platforms.
- Troubleshoot issues related to VLAN, VLAN Trunking, HSRP failovers.
- Dealt with Aruba and Confidential wireless (Configuration and Implementation).
- Performed upgrade and patch management on IOS ans Junos platforms.
- Assisted in the architecture, evaluation and recommendations related to purchasing and installing hardware, software related to IP Networking..
- Monitored network traffic and developed capacity planning initiatives, making necessary recommendations additional resources or hardware..
- Configured dynamic routing protocols such as OSPF, BGP and manipulated routing updates using route-map, distribute list and administrative distance for on-demand Infrastructure
- Provided Technical support in terms of upgrading, improving and expanding the network..
- Configured RIP, OSPF and Static routing on Juniper MX 104 & 150 series Routers.
- Configured and troubleshoot NAT and PAT.
- Performed Key contributions that includes troubleshooting of complex LAN/WAN infrastructure that include routing protocols EIGRP, OSPF & BGP.
- Configured Client VPN technologies including Confidential ’s VPN client via IPSEC.
- Configured switch VLANs and inter-switch communication.
- Actively involved in troubleshooting on network problems with Wire shark, identifying and fixing problems..
- Configured network using routing protocols such as ISIS, RIP, OSPF, BGP and troubleshooting L2/L3 issues.
- Maintained effective communications with vendors, peers and clients in resolution of trouble-tickets, RMAs, and support requests.
- Troubleshoot Hardware, Confidential IOS, install and configure Confidential routers and switches.
- Participated in on call support in troubleshooting the configuration and installation issues.
- Installation, Maintenance, Troubleshooting Local and Wide Areas Network by using ISDN, Frame relay, DDR, NAT, DHCP and TCP/IP.
- Developed and implementing policy to ensure the integrity, protection and availability to authorized persons of department data and hardware, software and other components which are required for processing data.
- Responsible for evaluating impact and performance on the network servers.
- Monitored and tune network to ensure acceptable levels of performance.
- Evaluated applications connectivity requirements.
- Managed Layer 2 switches of Confidential, Vlan configuration and assigning ports to specific vlan as per requirement.
- Troubleshoot network connectivity on Confidential routers using ping, trace route and other basic commands
- Ensured connectivity and communication among networks, servers and clients inside and outside department.
- Performed IOS upgrade on Confidential routers & switches.