- Seeking a challenging, growth - oriented position where knowledge and experience of Network and Security can effectively contribute to the success of an organization.
- Network Engineer with 11 years of experience in the field of Networking & Telecommunications.
- Led implementation of multiple major projects, design, operate & maintain LAN/WAN network infrastructure.
- Extensive and in depth hands-on experience on LAN/WAN, IP Routing and Routing Protocols (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, RIP, & IS-IS), Frame Relay, PPP, Ethernet, T1, T3, Sonet, Gigabit Ethernet, OSI Model, TCP/IP, CoS, QoS, ACLs, ACS, TACACS, NetFlow, VPN technology, IPv6, MPLS, Telecommunications circuit installation and operation, Network Management Systems, Switches.
- Experience with Routers & Switches such as Cisco Nexus 9K, 7K, 5K, 3K, FEX, 6509-E, 6503-E, 4506-E, 3650, ASR 1000, 3800, 3900, 3750x, 2800, 7200, 7500, 12000 GSR, IOS-XE & IOS-XR, Ciena Switch 5305/3960, Juniper MX960.
- Knowledge of Firewalls & Network Access Control (NAC) such as ASA NextGen Firewall 5545-X, 5515-X, ASA Service Module, ASA5510, & Juniper Netscreen.
- Proficient in configuration of Routing protocols (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, IS-IS, & RIP), IPsec VPN, access-list, prefix-list, community string, community-list, route-maps, route redistribution, HSRP, VRRP, & QOS.
- Proficient in using various database & applications such as Solarwinds, Linux, SFTP, SCP, TFTP, FTP, Quickpad, ISA-ITP, Netcracker, Voyence, Focus, Spectrum, Odie, SAMS, TRS, Wireshark, IPERF/JPERF, REACT & Microsoft applications.
- Knowledge of Intrusion Prevention and Detection Systems (IPS/IDS), Malware and System backup and upgrade
- Considerable knowledge in router networks including IP sub-netting, VLSM and CIDR.
- Experience using ASDM to perform Cisco ASA firewall configuration and have knowledge of Palo Alto firewall.
- Knowledge in DDoS detection and mitigation.
- Knowledge of programming/scripting (e.g., HTML/CSS, and Python, and Unix)
- Ability to use WireShark for analyzing IP packet captures.
- Possess strong customer service skills and has the ability to interact with customers in a professional manner.
Confidential, Reston, VA
Tier-2 Network Engineer
- Perform WAN troubleshooting on Sprint Provider Edge routers (Cisco 7500 & 12000 series) on different Network architecture such as MPLS, Dedicated Internet & PIP.
- On the spot configuration & trouble isolation for issues on Juniper routers, Juniper VAS Firewall & Cisco CVAS.
- Perform PE & GW router emergency port rehomes of T1/T3/OC-n circuits & Metro-Ethernet circuits.
- Experience on WAN technologies such as HDLC, PPP, Frame-relay, and Multilink. Routing protocols such as EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, RIP. Upper layer protocols such as (TCP, UDP, DHCP, DNS, and FTP).
- Experience on QOS technologies such as LLQ, CBWFQ, Policing, Traffic Shaping, Rate limiting.
- Resolve Layer1 issues on DS1/Fractional DS1, DS3/Fractional DS3, Optical Carrier (OC-x), E1 & Metro-Ethernet circuits.
- Responsible for implementing Network Change request & troubleshooting wired network connectivity issues.
- Responsible for creating & updating public DNS records, network topologies, network device, and IPsec VPN tunnel inventory.
- Configure VLANs and STP on layer 3 Cisco 6513 switches. Test VLANs using TBERD8000 for connectivity verification and throughput/SLA testing. Implement and provision the Ceterus aggregation equipment and its alarm test procedures.
- Enable and assign DS1s and DS3s to new circuit based on market orders. Guide and work with field operations in installing and turning up new access points. Test T1 circuits using REACT application to identify and fix network failures. Verify and map circuits using Quickpad application.
- Use of UNIX/LINUX VI Editor and CLI commands to pull logs, isolate and resolve network element issues.
Team Lead Network Operations Analyst
- Guided and coached junior and senior technicians, and performed acting manager duties where needed
- Ensure proper prioritization and consistent delivery of results
- Manage workload of teammates by ensuring adequate coverage in all situations - which include providing coverage for clients, shifting areas of support to maintain equity among the team, and doing what is necessary to ensure all customer requests are handled appropriately
- Monitor progress through status updates and regularly monitor teammate performance and client satisfaction
- Mentor teammates and look for areas of development and continuous improvement.
- Own responsibility for any issues or problems within the team and make sure they are dealt with appropriately
- Performed network security equipment repairs, removals and upgrades
- Performed audits on all vulnerable aspects of the Infrastructure and create vulnerable reports with patch recommendations
- Provide support to end-users, performed troubleshooting, and resolved network and software issues
- Interfaced with vendors and service providers ensuring that hardware or software problems were dealt with efficiently and effectively with minimal downtime
- Accept all 1st level escalation and ensure proper management is aware of 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th level escalations
Network Operations Analyst
- Provide logical and physical layer troubleshooting
- Perform head to head Physical Layer troubleshooting with Customer Premises Equipment Vendor and Telephone Company
- Provide priority customers (NOC to NOC) with internal trouble management and escalations
- Provide customer and operations center services for SprintLink, GMPLS, PIP, and NVPN
- Provide proactive customer port monitoring and event correlation using Netcool
- Troubleshoot frame relay WAN to ensure that the Network is always up and running
- Access Nortel Passport Switch to ensure that the switch configurations matches the router configurations
- Use REACT-DB software to query the DACCS, including the ports, channels and mappings to ensure that they are correctly mapped
- Run tests on T1/FT1 circuit and analyzing the results of the test, taking the next plan of action to resolve technical issues (Down LMI, Non-Octet errors, CRC errors etc.)
Field Network Engineer/Technical Project Coordinator
- Responsible for installing, maintaining and supporting computer communication networks within organization and between organizations
- Verified smooth operation of communication networks in order to provide maximum performance and availability for their users, such as staff, clients, customers and suppliers
- Installed, configured, maintained and managed all new hardware, systems and software for different organization's networks at Data Centers and Customer Sites
- Documented network layout, monitored system performances and implemented performance tuning