- Over 5+ years of IT Industry Experience in Linux Administration, Configuration Management, CI/CD process, Release Management and Software Configuration Management (SCM).
- Experience in Administration/Maintenance of Source Control Management Systems, such as Sub Version(SVN), BitBucket.
- Experience in Administration and Architecture of Cloud platforms like Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Open stack.
- Experience in Implementing Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, MAVEN, ANT, Jenkins and AWS.
- Hands on experience in installing and administrating CI tools like Hudson/Jenkins and Sonar
- Experience on managing environments using Chef .
- Have working knowledge and understanding of Server provisioning tools like Puppet and Ansible .
- Experience in using AWS including EC2, Auto - Scaling in launching EC2 instances, Elastic Load Balancer, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, Glacier, Cloud Front, RDS, VPC, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, IAM, SNS.
- Experience with container based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images.
- Exposure to administration of application servers such as Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere, IIS, and WebLogic.
- Experienced in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MY SQL and SQL Server by using SQL for data integrity.
- Created and wrote shell scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python and PowerShell for automating tasks.
- Worked with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA and HP Quality Center.
- Hands on experience with QTP, HP Load Runner and Selenium Testing Tools
- Knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, Ethernet), NIS, DNS, NFS, DHCP, SMTP and RAID.
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools like Nagios, Splunk.
- Actively participated in Release Board Meetings, QA Compliance Reviews, Peer Reviews and other routine QA coordination activities (at all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle).
- Expertise in Troubleshooting the problems generated while Building, Deploying and also in Production Support.
- Very quick in learning new technologies and a good team player working with Project Managers, Architects, Team Leads, Developers, Business Analysts, Testers.
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, DB2
Operating System: Windows (XP, 7, 8), Red Hat, UNIX, centos, Ubuntu, Fedora
Version Control: CVS, Tortoise SVN, IBM Rational Clear Case, GIT
Languages: C, C++, Java/J2EE, Shell Scripting, Java, C#.net, Power Shell, Python
SCM TOOLS: Subversion (SVN), GIT, Team Foundation Server
Web Servers: WebLogic, Apache, WebSphere, JBoss, Tomcat
Web Technologies: Servlets, JDBC, JSP, HTML, Java Script, XML
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Nant
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk
CI/CD Tools: GitHub, SVN, Jenkins, Bamboo, Puppet, Chef, Docker, AWS, Ansible, Salt.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, HP Quality Center
Cloud Services: AWS, Open Stack, Microsoft Azure
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Responsible for migrating the datacenter and some of the internal applications to AWS cloud.
- Responsible for managing infrastructure provisioning (S3, ELB, EC2, RDS, Route 53, IAM) and deployment via Jenkins and Ansible.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with ANT and MAVEN to schedule the builds.
- Written scripts for Selenium web driver and integrated selenium with Jenkins to test the web application on internet browsers.
- Installing, setting up & Troubleshooting Ansible for Deployment to QA, Pre-Prod and Prod Servers.
- Automated Deployment using configuration Management tool like Ansible to provision amazon AWS Instances to enable continuous Deployments.
- Migrating and maintaining build and test environments into the Cloud Infrastructure.
- Customized some of the groovy scripts and managed Jenkins to trigger these scripts.
- Used Shell to automate deployment process.
- Created Python scripts to: Totally automate AWS services which includes web servers, ELB, Cloudfront distribution, database, ec2 and database security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration.
- Worked on AWS Elastic load balancing for deploying applications in high availability.
- Worked on AWS Auto Scaling for providing high availability of applications and EC2 instances based on the load of applications by using Cloud Watch in AWS.
- Worked on providing DNS management using AWS Route 53.
- Configure Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) with both public and private subnets, NAT instances, and Elastic Load Balancers and enable latency in VPC.
- Worked at optimizing volumes and EC2 instances and created multiple VPC instances.
- Managed roles and groups for users and resources using AWS Identity Access Management (IAM).
Environment: Oracle, SaaS applications, GIT, Jenkins, Bash Scripting, Ruby Scripting Ansible, JIRA, Tomcat, Java, Docker, XML, AWS, Cloud Watch, VPC, EBS, Lambda, RBS, EC2, S3, Glacier, IAM, Route 53, Cloud Front.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Responsible for Deployment, configuration, troubleshooting and administration of OpenStack cloud components for private cloud.
- Extensive exposure in OpenStack Command Line interface to create instances, images, volumes, flavors, containers and tenants.
- Configured plugins on Bamboo server to automate the deployments onto app servers and Artifactory.
- Configured Bamboo for doing the build in all the non-production and production environments.
- Used MAVEN, ANT for the building of deployable artifacts from source code.
- Used SVN and GIT as source code repository and involved in migration from SVN to Git.
- Used Splunk for detecting production issues in system/Application logs of server.
- Managed GIT, SVN using Jenkins tool to automate the build process.
- Involved in Administration of Production, Development and Test environment’s carrying Windows, Red Hat Linux, SUSE Linux and Solaris servers.
- Created and wrote Shell scripts and Python for setting up baselines, branching, merging, and automation processes across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Bamboo on Linux platforms.
- Configured Docker container for branching purposes.
- Used Kubernetes to make it easier to organize and schedule our application across a fleet of machines
- Used JIRA tool for Bug tracking and Created analytical matrices reports, dash boards for release services based on JIRA tickets .
- Exposed to all aspects of software development life cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing and Implementing and Post-production analysis of the projects.
- Participated in weekly release meetings to identify & mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
Environment: SVN, Jenkins, Java/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, TFS, Python Scripts, Shell Scripts, UNIX, Linux (RHEL), Oracle, JIRA, Kubernetes.
- Installed and configured Oracle 10g/11g RAC databases as per company standards.
- Installed and Configured as the enterprise wiki to document development and change management procedures.
- Solved complex build/deployment processes throughout all phases of the SDLC that will ensure the release has been accepted by all stakeholders.
- Created access permissions for checking and checkout for developers and control the access permission based on the developer's role and responsibility.
- Responsible for the build and release management process.
- Provided scripts for pre-commit hooks and post commit hooks for SVN.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Responsible for Building and Releasing packages for testing.
- Assist with maintaining current build systems, developed build scripts, and maintained the source control system.
- Managed the source codes repository of multiple development applications using Sub version control tools.
- Created analytical matrix reports for release services based on JIRA tickets.
- Implemented ANT build tool to automate JAR, WAR and EAR.
- Setup and debug hardware related issues for Server builds.
- Perform biweekly build cycle and testing processes on Linux.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion (SVN) Repositories.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT as build tool in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 4/5, Oracle 10/11g, JIRA, ANT, Jenkins, Korn Shell, Perl Scripting, web servers, IBM WebSphere
- Installation and configuration of Red Hat Linux (4.x), Solaris (9.x, 10.x) and Suse (10.x) on new server builds as well as during the upgrade situations.
- Install and configure Instruction Detection System (IDS) like Tripwire, Snort, and Lids.
- Maintaining relations with project managers, DBA's, Developers, Application support teams and operational support teams to facilitate effective project deployment.
- Worked with VMware ESX server 3.5 and configured VMs for Redhat Enterprise Linux Servers.
- Developed, customized and build packages on Solaris and RPMs on Linux for deployment on various servers through Software Development Life Cycle.
- Designed bash, ksh, and Perl scripts to automate application and system management activities. These scripts provided the following functionality: application startup and shutdown, monitored systems and applications health, and web site management
- Installation, Management, Configuration of LAN/WAN systems utilizing Cisco switches and routers.
- Configured various services, devices as well as applications of UNIX servers and worked with application team to customize the environment.
- Configured firewall based on Red hat Linux and FreeBSD 6.x that has three network interfaces.