Senior Linux System Engineer seeking to leverage technical skills, focused work ethic, and passion for cyber security. An Infrastructure Solutions Architect with a Network and Systems Engineering background looking to continue protecting our nation’s communications and information systems from intruders.
- RedHat 7
- Windows 7, Windows 2008R2, Windows 2012Mac OS, Linux (RHEL 7, CentOS, Solaris 10)
- Knowledge of database, systems analysis/design, and operating environments
- Active Directory Administration
- GPO Administration
- McAfee Endpoint Encryption
- VMWare / VCenter
- SCOM - System Center Operations Manager
- Nessus/ ACAS
- Technical Writing
- SOP Documentation Updates
- Security Systems Patch Manager
- Ability to pass background security investigation and polygraph
Confidential, Chantilly, VA
Senior Linux System Engineer
- Completed Red Hat Certified System Administrator
- Bash Scripting, Puppet
- Network and server security, server sizing, configuration and installation for AWS Solutions Architect
Confidential, Herndon, VA
Associate/ Deputy Network Operations Lead Engineer
- Oversee the entire JIDO Network Operations consisting of a team of 10 Network/System Engineers
- Provide network/system administration and cyber security services.
- Redhat 7 build, configure, and test for Palantir Servers, Splunk, and Decision Lens
- Provide tier III incident resolution
- Microsoft Exchange 2007/2013 System Engineer. Built entire Enterprise Architecture for all 3 Enclaves
- Information Support Server Environment Guard (ISSE) (Solaris 10)
- Troubleshoot, deploy, and maintain systems
- Secure Systems by implementing STIGS and verifying security with ACAS/Nessus
- Oversee the use and enhancement of industry - leading network and system monitoring systems including Solarwinds, Splunk and SCOM.
- Provide recommendations and solutions for system deployments and enhancements
- Perform network changes in accordance with change management process
- Modify and document firewall policies
- Create and maintain SOPs
- Automate typical administrator tasks via PowerShell
- Work with other contractors, consultants, and engineers to ensure maximum value is delivered to our client.
- Confidential switch management and configuration/ Port Security/VLAN configuration/Trunk Configuration
- Commvault Enterprise Backup Solutions
- JIRA System Engineer
- Implementation of F5 Load Balancing
Confidential, Manassas, VA
Senior Consultant/ Senior System Administrator
- Manage CA and Production Systems that control GSA FPKI data.
- Issuance and Revocation
- Patch Manager: Windows 2008 R2, Linux RHEL and ESXI systems
- VMware administrator
- GPO Updates
- Update server firmware and software
- Manage ESXI, LogRhythm and Nessus Scanner
- Find vulnerabilities with Nessus and patch all systems in our lab and production zones
- Perform System Administration duties for weekly Information Systems Audits (collect logs for each system in production and authority zones)
- Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager/ Update anti-virus definitions
- Control Equipment in our lab: rack servers, patch panels, Confidential and palo alto firewalls, Confidential switches, KVMs, activate Ethernet ports
Site Administrator and Facility Security Officer/Contracts Specialist Security Officer, Arlington, VA
- Manage Security Operations in our DC office to protect classified information
- Host and raise security awareness within the company; conduct for employees
- Work with DSS to maintain our level of clearance in accordance with the Confidential
- Responsible for Indoctrinations and Debriefs with employees when they start and leave the company.
- Manage IT operations in our DC Office.
- Install patch panels, routers, fiber, coax, and perform network maintenance to ensure proper connectivity. Working daily with our network engineers, windows, and security teams in our headquartered office in Pittsburgh.
- Linux Administrator, Windows Administrator, Mac and Dell Certified technician
- PBX, VOIP, CMA Administrator
- System Center Configuration Manager, DHCP, DNS, Active Directory Administrator
Analyst, Washington, DC
- Diagnosed, repaired, and re-imaged desktop and laptop computers in response to malware
- Detected identity theft and prevented any further security breach
- Provided safe-boot endpoint encryption to strengthen the security of laptop computers
- Remote support with the System Management Server (SMS) and LogMeIn Rescue console
- Support for users teleworking with RSA SecureID two factor authentication for access in Citrix XenApp and Confidential AnyConnect VPN Client
- Managed the BlackBerry server and McAfee Enterprise Mobility Management server
- Active Directory Management
- Diagnosed and repaired desktop and laptop computers. Supported over 1,500 Confidential users’ in multiple locations, closing 220 tickets per month on average.
- Monitored and analyzed issues and compiled daily reports to show trends in network connectivity. Communicated with management to develop mitigation strategies and effectiveness.
- Provided management and support within the local area network while monitoring users’ daily computing activities.
- Responsible for custom reimaging of computers and workstations, patching cables to Confidential switches and servers, administrative duties, and understanding software applications.
- Encrypted laptops to fit the security guidelines.