- Certified AWS Developer - Associate with 8 years of IT experience with sound knowledge in Configuration Management , Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), Build and Release, Linux and System Administration with cloud platforms like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, OpenStack, under the Unix/Linux/Windows platform’s with strong knowledge on the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum, and Waterfal l methodologies.
- Experience in Infrastructure Development and Operations involving AWS Cloud Services, EC2, EBS, VPC, RDS, SES, ELB, Auto scaling, CloudFront, Cloud Formation, Elastic Cache, API Gateway, Route 53, Cloud Watch, SNS.
- Experience in using IAM to create and manage AWS users and groups to allow permissions or deny their access to AWS resources. good Knowledge using AWS Lambda for server-less computing using python and java.
- Hands on experience on Backup and restore Azure services and in Design and configure Azure Virtual Networks (VNets), subnets, Azure network settings, DHCP address blocks, DNS settings, security policies and routing. Azure cloud services, Blob storage, Active directory, Azure Service Bus, Cosmos DB.
- Experience in migrating on-premises applications to Azure and configured VNETs and subnets as per the project requirement also performed PowerShell scripting to do Patching , Imaging , and Deploymen ts in Azure .
- Working knowledge on Azure Fabric, Micro services, IoT & Docker containers in Azure.
- Expertise in migrating on-premise infrastructure to cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, OpenStack, PCF.
- Experience in deploying the Spring Boot Microservices to Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) using build pack and Jenkins for continuous integration, Deployments in Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) and binding of Services in Cloud and Installed Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) on Azure to manage the containers created by PCF.
- Experience in building private cloud infrastructure of OpenStack, deploying through puppet and maintaining them in production. Also, have tested OpenStack environment i.e. Nova, Swift, Cinder, Neutron, Horizon, Keystone, & Glance). traced complex build problems, release issues and environment issues in a multi-component environment.
- Experience in creating builds, Staging, and deploying Software Content across multiple environments (DEV, QA, Demo, Test, Staging, UAT, and Prod).
- Expertise in using Chef attributes , Chef templates , Chef recipes and Chef files for managing the configurations across various nodes, build, design and maintain the platform automation using Chef and Involved in setting up Chef Workstation, Nodes, Cookbooks, and Recipes using Ruby Scripting .
- Hands-on experience in bootstrapping the nodes using knife and automated by testing Chef Recipes, Cookbooks with test-kitchen and chef spec . Refactored Chef and Ops Works in AWS cloud environment.
- Experienced in Ansible Tower, which provides an easy-to-use dashboard and role-based access control and in developing Ansible playbooks for managing the application/OS configuration files in GIT hub, integrating with Jenkins, and Verifying with Jenkins plugins, deploying the application in Linux environment.
- Experience in Ansible setup, managing hosts file, Using YAML linter, authoring various playbooks and custom modules with Ansible and Ansible Playbooks to automate in AWS services like Launching EC2 , Provisioning IAM , Configuring VPC , EBS , Monitoring using Cloud Watch and Cloud Trail .
- Experience in setting up Puppet Master, Puppet Agents for managing enterprise policies and configurations.
- Hands-on in using OpenShift for container orchestration with Kubernetes , container storage, automation, to enhance container platform multi-tenancy. Experience with OpenShift, Kubernetes architecture and design, troubleshooting issues and multi-regional deployment models and patterns for large-scale applications.
- Skilled in maintaining docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes and deployed Kubernetes applications by using helm charts.
- Expertise in integrating Docker container-based test infrastructure to Jenkins CI test flow and set up build environment integrating with Git and Jira to trigger builds using Web-Hooks and Slave Machines which involved in POC on Docker and used Docker registry, Docker-compose, Links, Docker bridge.
- Experience in Monitoring server performance with tools like Nagios, Splunk, Dynatrace, Datadog, New Relic and resolved network related issues with manual commands and built Splunk Cluster environment with High Availability resources.
- Expert in using ELK Stack, Elasticsearch for deep search and data analytics, Logstash for centralized logging, log enrichment and parsing and Kibana for powerful and beautiful data visualizations.
- Experience in branching, tagging and maintaining the version control and source code management tools like GIT, SVN (subversion) and Bit Bucket on Linux and windows platforms.
- Strongly proficient in Build and release of Cloud based products containing Linux and Windows environments, using Power Shell, TFS and Python Scripting and in oriented application using Java and scripting languages like Shell Scripting (Ksh, Bash), Ruby, PHP PERL scripts to totally automate AWS services.
- Experience in using MAVEN, ANT as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts from source code.
- Experience in Configuring and Managing monitoring tools such as Nagios, Splunk, ELK.
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MY SQL, DB2 and SQL Server by using PL/SQL for data integrity.
- Experience in upgrading and migrating various versions of Mongo database on different platforms and installing multi-data center and multi-rack Cassandra cluster.
- Experience in working on web servers like Apache and application servers like Web logic, Tomcat, WebSphere, JBOSS to deploy code.
- Exposed to all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle ( SDLC ) and In-depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management in Agile, waterfall methodologies.
- Experience in installing, configuring, supporting, and troubleshooting Unix/Linux Networking services and protocols like TCP, SMTP, HTTP, SNMP, NIS, NIS+, OSPF, LDAP, DNS, NFS, DHCP, NAS, FTP, SSH, and SAMBA .
Cloud Platforms: AWS, Azure, OpenStack, PCF
Configuration Management Tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet
CI /CD Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo
Build Tools: Maven, ANT
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, OpenShift
Version Control Tools: GIT, Bitbucket, SVN
Logging & Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, ELK, CloudWatch, Azure Monitor, Prometheus, New Relic
Databases: Oracle 10g/11g/12c, DB2, MySQL, NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB, Cassandra)
Application/Web Servers: Apache Tomcat, NGINX, IIS, JBoss4.1, WebSphere, Web Logic 9.x/10.x, Gerrit
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, Windows, Solaris
Virtualization Platforms: Oracle VirtualBox, VMware Workstation, Vagrant, VMware vSphere ESXi 5.x/4.X, ESX /3.x, Hyper-V
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, Remedy, Mingle
Confidential, Austin, TX
Sr. Cloud/DevOps Engineer
- Designed and configured Azure Virtual Networks (VNets), subnets, Azure network settings, DHCP address blocks, DNS settings, and Security policies & configured BGP routes to enable ExpressRoute connections between on-premise data centers & Azure cloud.
- Created and deployed VMs on the Microsoft cloud service Azure, created and managed the virtual networks to connect all the servers and designed ARM templates for Azure platform.
- Created and configured HTTP Triggers in the Azure Functions with Application insights for monitoring and performing load testing on the applications using the VSTS.
- Worked on Azure Fabric, Microservices, IoT & Docker containers in and involved in setting up Terraform continuous build integration system. Used Azure Internal Load Balancer to provide high availability for IaaS VMs & PaaS role instances.
- Managed multiple Azure accounts with multiple VPC's for both production and non-prod where primary objectives included automation, build out, integration and cost control.
- Managed Azure Infrastructure Azure Web Roles, Worker Roles, SQL Azure, Azure Storage, Azure AD Licenses, Office365, Virtual Machine Backup and Recover from a Recovery Services Vault using Azure PowerShell and Portal.
- Responsible for setting up the network tags, firewalls rules, service accounts, roles and policies for the Hosts in GCP.
- Implemented Terraform Enterprise to Provision Infrastructure across Azure Workloads and OpenShift Clusters.
- Worked with Terraform Templates to automate the Azure Iaas virtual machines using terraform modules and deployed virtual machine scale sets in production environment.
- Built CI/CD pipeline with Jenkins on kubernetes container environment, utilizing kubernetes and docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build test and deploy on DEV and PROD environments .
- Built end to end CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code, compile applications, perform tests and push build artifacts to Nexus and UDeploy to orchestrate changes across servers and components.
- Collaborated with development support teams to setup a continuous delivery environment with the use of build platform tool Docker and virtualize the servers using Docker.
- Installed Ansible Tower, which provides an easy-to-use dashboard and role-based access control, so that it's easier to allow individual teams access to use Ansible for their deployments.
- Using Ansible created multiple playbooks for machine creations and SQL server, cluster server and my SQL installations.
- Used Ansible to Setup/teardown of ELK stack ( Elasticsearch, Log stash, Kibana ) and troubleshoot the build issues with ELK and work towards the solution.
- Used CHEF, Knife, Ohai to create cookbooks and recipes to install packages that automate with Linux Setting up CHEF Cookbooks to perform builds and deployment management. Automate Continuous Build and Deploy Scripts for Jenkins Continuous Integration tool.
- Managed Docker networking subsystem by using User-defined bridge networks, Host networks, Overlay networks, Macvlan networks and third-party network plugins.
- Worked on creating the Docker Containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle and Orchestrated Docker images and Containers using Kubernetes by creating whole master and node.
- Mentored developers in Kubernetes design and custom application implementation and created a mesh pod network between Kubernetes clusters.
- Created several pods and services using Master and Minion architecture of Kubernetes and developed microservice onboarding tools leveraging Python allowing for easy creation and maintenance of build jobs and Kubernetes deploy and services.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm, Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and Managed releases of Helm packages.
- Implemented Docker -maven-plugin in Maven pom.xml files to build Docker images for all microservices and later used Docker file to build the Docker images from the Java jar files.
- Integrated maven with Shell scripts created in Bash to automate the deployments for the Java based applications.
- Installed and configured ELK stack in both legacy and Docker swarm mode and pipelined application logs from App Server to Elastic search through Logstash .
- Performed all necessary day-to- day GIT support for different projects, Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories, and the access control strategies.
- Setup SCM Polling for Immediate Builds with Maven and Maven Repository (Nexus Artifactory) by installing Jenkins Plugins for GIT Repository.
- Assisted internal users of Splunk in designing and maintaining production-quality dashboard. Involved in Creating and managing index, create user, role, Permissions to knowledge objects, also providing user and role access permissions to the other teams.
- Determined ways to optimize/improve JIRA and JIRA Agile setup and process workflows, as well as identify where functionality can/cannot meet user requests.
- Created and maintained the Python deployment scripts for Tomcat web application servers. Written Shell scripts to apply the Integration label to all the files which needs manual labelling of files.
- Install and configure SQL Server database, and design and implement database and procedures for capturing build and test metrics.
- Maintained the Red Hat Satellite for infrastructure management to keep Red Hat Enterprise Linux environments and other Red Hat infrastructure running efficiently, properly secured, and compliant with various standards.
- Performed installation, configuration and administration of system network components (Windows Server, Active Directory, VPN connectivity, DHCP, SMTP, LAN/WAN, NAT, IPsec VPN, FTP, POP, IMAP, NIC's, WIC's
Environment: Azure, PCF, Office 365, Chaos monkey, Terraform, Maven, Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Splunk, ELK, docker, Kubernetes, Nexus, Git, Bash, Perl, Python, shell, PowerShell, Cassandra, Nginx, HTTP web server, IBM WebSphere App Server, Jira, RHEL, Windows
Confidential, San Jose, California
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure using resources VPC, EC2, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, IAM, EBS, Route53, SNS, SES, SQS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS using Cloud Formation templates.
- Created all the required compatibility architectures and end-to-end migration plan for migrating 3500 Linux/Windows servers and 1500 applications into the AWS cloud using AWS Data Pipeline.
- Migrated several Java Batch Applications and Services from the On-premise infrastructure to AWS Cloud and Migrated the Java REST API built on the Drop Wizard framework to AWS cloud platform.
- Wrote Lambda functions in python for AWS Lambda and invoked python scripts for data transformations and analytics on large data sets in EMR clusters and AWS Kinesis data streams .
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, Python, Ruby .
- Involved in triggering the changes in AWS Dynamo DB integrated it with Lambda, created Cron jobs for initiating our daily batch data pulls, executing our continuous integration tests done under Jenkins & backup the Dynamo DB streams.
- Worked on Terraform for automating VPCs, ELBs, security groups, SQS queues, S3 buckets, and continuing to replace the rest of our infrastructure. Using Terraform as a tool, Managed different infrastructure resources Cloud, VMware, Bare Metal Servers, and Docker containers.
- Written Terraform templates, Chef cookbooks pushed them onto Chef for configuring EC2 Instances and Solved Gateway time issue on ELB and moved all the logs to S3 Bucket by using Terraform.
- Used Jenkins and pipelines to drive all micro services builds out to the Docker-registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes .
- Configured Docker container for branching purposes and Implemented Docker automation solution for Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery model.
- Developed custom OpenShift templates to deploy the applications and to create the OpenShift objects build, deployment on figs, services, routes and persistent volumes.
- Worked on Docker, OpenShift to manage micro services for development and point team player on OpenShift for creating new projects, services for load balancing and adding them to routes to be accessible from outside.
- Worked with Chef Enterprise Hosted as well as On-Premise , Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server , Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services /Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3/Route53 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks .
- AWS Cloud management using Chef Automation and Automated the cloud deployments using chef, python and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Developed CI/CD system with Jenkins on Kubernetes container environment, utilizing Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build, test and deploy.
- Automated Java Builds with Maven and Implemented multiple plugins for Code analysis, Junit, Code coverage, PMD, SonarQube, etc. Installed and administered Artifactory repository to deploy the artifacts generated by Maven.
- Knowledge in Implementation of horizontal auto-scaling use cases using OpenStack components - Heat, Ceilometer.
- Deployed Zabbix to monitor and alert the health of Nova, Neutron, Keystone and other OpenStack services.
- Used Bash and Python , to supplement automation provided by Ansible and Terraform for tasks such as encrypting EBS volumes backing AMIs and scheduling Lambda functions for routine AWS tasks.
- Created and maintained the Shell/Perl deployment scripts for TC Server/Tomcat web application servers.
- Used ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana) to gather log data from hundreds of client locations. Monitoring apps servers using ELK - Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana for debug and logging.
- Worked on MongoDB and MS SQL Server DB Tasks (DML, DDL Executions, Log Rotations, Table space alterations, user management etc.).
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Developed tools using Python, Shell scripting to automate some of the menial tasks. Interfacing with supervisors, artists, systems administrators and production to ensure production deadlines are met.
- Build & configured Redhat Linux systems over the network, implementing automated tasks through crontab, resolving tickets according to the priority basis.
- Performed NIC bonding / NIC Teaming configuration in Linux/UNIX/Windows/VMware systems to increase the bandwidth or redundancy based on the requirement by the application.
Environment: AWS, OpenStack, Terraform, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Jenkins, Git, Jira, Jenkins, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Maven, Nagios, ELK, Java, SonarQube, Shell, Bash, Python, DynamoDB, Cassandra, WebSphere, WebLogic, Tomcat, Nginx, Linux, VMware
Confidential, Lansing, Michigan
- Planed, deployed, monitored, and maintained Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure consisting of multiple EC2 nodes and VMWare virtual machines as required in the environment.
- Designed and implemented Puppet based configuration management system for all new Linux servers. Deploy Puppet to manage AWS EC2 Instances, Volumes, DNS, and S3.
- Maintained the user accounts IAM Roles, Route 53(CNAME), VPC, RDB, MongoDB, SQS & SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Deployed AWS Security Groups which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed to reach one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Created Python scripts to totally automate AWS services which includes web servers, ELB, Cloud Front distribution, database, EC2 and database security groups and application configuration, this script creates stacks, single servers, or joins web servers to stacks.
- Worked on documentation - Chef basics, Initial setup of Chef, Data bags implementation, Coding standards, Cookbook document, Testing docs.
- Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline and Installed Chef Server and clients to pick up the Build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and development environment and performed configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Implemented a CI/CD framework using Jenkins, Maven & Artifactory in Linux environment and Integration of Maven/Nexus, Jenkins, Git and JIRA.
- Maintained Jenkins continuous integration tool using shell/Perl and ruby scripts for automating releases to different environments.
- Configured various jobs in Jenkins for deployment of Java based applications and running test suites.
- Responsible for Plugin-Management in Jenkins according to requirement Upgrading and Degrading Plugin versions.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Worked on Ansible to spin up Jenkins server with all the dependencies like multiple Java versions and Jenkins dependencies.
- Worked on GIT Bucket which includes creating new users, Branching, Merging the changes and writing some pre-commit & post-commit hook scripts.
- Involved in Splunk search construction with the ability to create well-structured search queries that minimize performance impact.
- Implemented JIRA to track all issues pertaining to the software development lifecycle & integrated JIRA with repositories of GIT to track all code changes.
- Installed and configured DHCP, DNS, web servers like Apache, IIS, mail servers like SMTP, IMAP, POP3, and file servers on RHEL servers.
Environment: AWS, Chef, Ansible, Maven, Jenkins, Docker, Python, Linux, Bitbucket, GitHub, Nagios, Shell, Bash, groovy, RHEL, Apache, IIS, Linux, SMTP, IMAP, POP3, RHEL, VMWare vSphere, Jira.
Confidential, Detroit, Michigan
Build & Release Engineer
- Administered Bamboo servers which include install, upgrade, backup, adding users, creating plans, installing the local/remote agent, adding capabilities, performance tuning, troubleshooting issues, and maintenance.
- Setting up continuous integration and formal builds using Bamboo with the Artifactory repository and Resolved update, merge and password authentication issues in Bamboo and JIRA.
- Implemented and promoted use of Bamboo within the developer community. Validated Jenkins along with Bamboo.
- Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation.
- Wrote Puppet modules for installing different packages, managing versions, setting parameters and manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, and Users Mount Points.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT as build tool in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Responsible to perform Build operations with ANT Scripts, while implementing the required modifications in the ANT Script to perform build operations, in accordance with requirements.
- Integrated Bitbucket with JIRA for transition JIRA issues from within Bitbucket Server and monitored the JIRA issues in Bitbucket Server.
- Involved in troubleshooting the automation of installing and configuring Java applications in the test and production environments.
- Reviewed existing manual Software builds, developed scripts to automate repeated tasks that are more susceptible to errors and risk using Perl and Shell Scripting .
- Implemented and configured Nagios for continuous monitoring of applications and enabled notifications via emails and text messages.
- Used Bugzilla for bug tracking and reporting, also followed up with the development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status.
- Involved in Building and configuring Red Hat Linux Servers using Kick Start server as required for the project. Maintained maximum uptime and maximum performance capacity for enterprise production, QA and UAT/staging.
- Performed configuration of standard Linux and network protocols, such as SMTP, DHCP, DNS, LDAP, NFS, SMTP, HTTP, SNMP.
Environment: Puppet, SVN, GIT, ANT, Jira, Perl, Shell, Bamboo, RHEL, Windows, Bugzilla, Nexus.
Sr. Linux Administrator
- Performed Dev, QA, and Prod UNIX system troubleshooting, performance and security analysis.
- Validated servers listed on the patch schedule against servers needing vulnerability remediation.
- Performed Development, QA, and Prod UNIX system LAN ID requests, troubleshooting for system alerts and incidents.
- Installed and configured Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.x/6.x and Solaris 10/11 Operating System on physical servers as well as Virtual Machines for development and test environment.
- Installed and configured SSH, SFTP, NDM, EMC Power path, Veritas Dynamic multipathing, Oracle client, SAMBA utility software.
- Implemented the Jumpstart in Solaris servers and Kickstart in Linux Servers to mechanize the server works for numerous profiles.
- Configured and oversaw Apache Web Server on Linux for electronic applications utilizing REST/Cleanser, Apache and Weblogic.
- Adding clients as indicated by ticket prerequisite and mounting the record framework, cron-employments including and so forth in Redhat Linux .
- Worked on Linux Logical Volume (LVM), created volume groups, Logical volumes, file systems, and troubleshooting.
- Wrote Shell Scripts for system/application, Application monitoring , Data feeds files transfers & log file analysis.
Environment: RHEL 5/6, Samba, Linux VM, Solaris 9/10, Bash/shell, WebSphere 6.x/7.x/8.x, MySQL, Oracle, Apache, VMware.
- Created users, manage user permissions, maintain User & File System quota on Redhat Linux.
- Maintained Separate spread sheets for physical and virtual servers .
- Configuring NFS, NIS, NIS+, DNS, Auto Mount & Disk Space Management on SUN Servers.
- Configure dynamic and static network settings for IPv4 and filter packets, Review file system management concepts, removable media and configure NFS shares with Autofs.
- Performed basic system monitoring , verified the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewed system and application logs, verified completion.
- Worked on Day to Day Server maintenance task using command ns lookup, ping, top, vmstat, IOStat, tcp dump etc.
- Worked on various UNIX servers (core dump and log file analysis) for configuring and troubleshooting along with analysis of hardware and software failures.
- Improve system performance by working with the development team to analyze, identify and resolve issues quickly.
- Setting up network environments using TCP / IP , NIS , NFS , DNS , SNMP agents, DHCP and Proxy .
- Kernel tuning , Writing Shell scripts for system maintenance and file management.
- Responsible for Package and patch management on Sun servers and configuring real-time backup of web servers .
Environment: Windows 2003/2008, RHEL, Samba Server, Shell, Perl, Linux, Terminal Services, Oracle, DB2, JBoss