- Overall 21 years of IT experience with strong technical background.
- Strong experience in AWS cloud, Google cloud environments.
- Experience in many facets of information technology, including network analysis and design for SAN replication, data migration, manage backups, project and IT personnel management, performance, and capacity planning.
- Experience with multi - vendor operating systems which includes Solaris, Linux, HP-UX and Windows.
- Well versed in Incident Management, Problem Management and Change Management Process.
Operating Systems: Solaris 2.5/.6/.7, 8, 9 & 10, Linux (RHEL, Ubuntu ...), Macintosh Systems, Windows, Novell Netware
Hardware: Sun Spark, HP Blade servers, EMC Symmetrix DMX, Clariion CX Series, NAS Celerra NS500G, Centerra, CDL, Hitachi Lightning HDS 9980/9960, USPV, VSP, Brocade Director Switches, McData, Sun Enterprise servers, SCSI and Fiber-Channel storage arrays, Sun RAID Arrays, Multipacks, Q-Logic/ Emulex/ JNI HBA s, Cisco Nexus Network switches, Cisco Routers, Cisco PIX firewalls, Cisco MDS storage switches, Brocade SAN switches.
Cloud Platforms: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud.
AWS Solutions Architect
- Experience in selecting the appropriate AWS services to design and deploy an application based on the business requirements
- Involved in design, architect and setting up platform for multimillion-dollar migration projects.
- SAS migration on-Prem to AWS.
- SAS MA Migration on-prem to AWS
- MultiNode Teradata clusters.
- Microsoft R
- R-studio Products
- MultiNode Tableau
- Did cost saving over $2.5M.
- POC for new implementations.
- Experience in Architecting and Administration of AWS services & secure cloud- based services using Amazon AWS VPC, security groups, NACL's, Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Simple Storage Service(S3), CloudWatch, CloudFront, Route 53, Auto Scaling, ELB, RDS, AMI, IAM.
- Designed backup and recovery strategy of Teradata on to S3 buckets.
- Designed auto backup of Microsoft SQL 2016 Database on to S3 Bucket.
- Network and cost monitoring with CloudWatch, Cloudtrail etc as well as setting up self-healing procedures
- Experience in maintenance and configuration of user accounts for dev, QA, and production servers and created roles for EC2, RDS, S3, CloudWatch, EBS resources to communicate with each other using IAM.
- Configured File Gateway and migrated on Prem data to S3 bucket.
- Configured EFS as part of Project requirements.
- Ability to automate application lifecycle management and infrastructure using Terraform and Elastic beanstalk.
- Experience in analysis, troubleshooting, investigating, problem solving, communication (oral and written).
- Designed and created a disaster recovery strategy
- Creating S3 bucket for backups using versioning enable and moved objects to Amazon Glacier for archiving purpose and using Amazon S3 for database backup regularly and save snapshots of data.
- Configured AWS systems manager to create resource groups, applied patches, took VSS enabled snaps, configured state manager.
- Worked on AWS Trusted advisor and generated reports of resources that are underutilized. Created report for security groups that are not well configured as well.
- Imported certificates in to Certificate Manager and installed certificates on to ELB as well on EC2 instances.
- Encrypted Databases using KMS keys.
- Implemented ELK. Deployed logstash agents on EC2 nodes and integrated logs to Elastic search using ansible scripts.
- Deployed collectD agents, configured InflexDB and generated reports in Grafana Dashboard.
- Automated Quarterly patching using Ansible play books.
- Create Ansible playbooks to create, start, stop and terminate EC2 instances.
- Created Ansible playbooks to perform Ad-Hoc tasks.
- Ec2 snapshot backups automated using lambda functions.
- Deployed Data Science environments ( Jupyter Hub, R studio) environments for Machine Learning and Artificial Inteligence.
Confidential, New Jersey
AWS Cloud Engineer/Architect
- Setting up private networks and sub-networks using Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and creating security groups to associate with the networks.
- Build environment within AWS using EC2 instance creation, Route 53 DNS routing, Cloud Watch alarming, Virtual Private Cloud setups, AWS Elastic Load Balancing, Auto Scaling groups.
- Used cloud formation templates and Terraform to create AWS resources.
- Created and monitored alarms, notifications for EC2 instances using Cloud Watch and configured Cloud Trail for API calls.
- Automation of infrastructure with Chef.
- Setting scheduled backup of EC2, EBS, Applications and Database using CPM (Cloud Protection Manager). In case of any issues, we can restore the data in couple of minutes.
- Good experience in implementing and managing Amazon Web Services using AWS Command Line Interface.
- Managed users and groups, policies, roles using the Amazon Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Configured cloud front with S3 and ELB as origins.
- Configured API gateways, LAMDA functions, and SNS and Dynamo DB tables for PUSH notifications.
- Monitor cloud infrastructure spending using Cloudablity.
- Migrated servers on to AWS cloud using Cloud Endure, AWS Server Migration Service.
- Created jobs and Worked on Snowball for Data Export to S3 bucket.
- Configured SUMO logic for logging and configured NEWRELIC for APM.
- Configured WAF service for Application servers.
- Creating S3 buckets and also managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket and backup on AWS.
- Creating customized AMIs with Packer.
- Good understanding of Docker containers.
- Worked on storage migration projects to reduce the storage footprint as well the storage costs.
- Used AWS Data pipeline to copy data between S3 to Dynamo DB databases and between S3 to MySQL databases.
- Worked on Netapp Alta Vault to move the on-site data to S3 and configured life cycle policy on S3 and moved data to Amazon Glacier. It reduced the cost to the company as well eliminated need for purchase of tapes and offsite tape storage costs.
- Provided support for Development, QA and Staging environments.
Storage Solutions Architect
Platform: Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Solaris 9, SuSE Linux, AIX and Netware
- Provision/Reclaim/Expand Tier-1/2/3 Replicated and Non- Replicated storage from Symmetrix V-MAX, DMX-3, CLARiiON CX4-240, 3PAR INSERV S Series, T400, and Hitachi USP-V to Windows/UNIX hosts as per the requirement.
- Establish and monitor
- SRDF/A sessions between the local and remote sites for DMX array and Time Finder/Clones in remote site.
- Remote Copy Groups on 3PAR array
- HORCM instances on Hitachi HUR and Shadow Image
- SnapMirror on Netapp Filers
- Provision or expand the NetApp volumes, shared over CIFS to Windows servers. Run deduplication on volumes in NetApp Filers. Adjust snapshot reserve, delete snapshots on the volumes.
- Administer and monitor Brocade and McData Switches in the Production fabrics consisting of 2000+ servers.
- Migrate storage EMC to USP-V storage using Hitachi Tiered Storage Manager.
- Create and manage admin domains to isolate the fabric consisting of Microsoft Exchange servers for Messaging.
- Upgrade disk shelf firmware upgrades on the NetApp Filers FAS6080.
- Configuring HDP, HDT Pools and performed Pool expansion.
- Performed HDP/HDP DP Volumes expansion using GUI and CLI.
- Extensive experience in data migrations using Hitachi Tiered Storage Manager (HTSM).
- Performed Zero Page Reclaim (ZPR) operations to regain unused HDP/HDT pages.
- Day to day provisioning of storage (Storage device selection/creation, Zoning, LUN Masking). Managed, and deployed LUNS from EMC/Hitachi storage frames to servers using Tools like Symcli, ECC, and Navipshere & Hitachi Storage Navigator.
- Installation and configuration of Host Agents, Master Agent, Connectivity Agent and all relevant agents to support the ECC environment.
- Monitoring the reports created in Storage Scope. Reclaimed unused storage. Adding and deleting of new managed objects - these include all new hosts, switches and storage assets
- Administering the Data Collection Policies of the Management Objects discovered in ECC.
- Managing the alerts and notifications.
- Troubleshoot performance issues on disks connected to Symmetrix, Clariion. Used tools like Navisphere Analyzer to analyze archive files, ECC Performance Manager (WLA), symstat, iostat, SAR, HEAT reports to analyze performance issues. Monitoring the performance of assets through WLA and addressing any identified issues. Analyzed .btp files for Symmetrix frames to investigate performance issues.
- Used Mirrorview for remote replication on CX frames.
- Extensively worked on Snap views for create local point-in-time snapshots and complete data clones for testing, backup, and recovery operations.
- Installed HBAs and configured driver, firmware on Wintel and UNIX based servers. Tuned the hba config file based on the best practices recommended by EMC and HBA vendors.
- Implementation of EMC Time Finder and SRDF for Oracle databases. Daily SRDF/BCV monitoring performed SRDF Split/Establish, splitting BCV Pairs, Time Finder Mirror/Clone Operations.
- Configured Brocade Director Switches, using WWN zoning to create aliases and zones.
- Created and maintained ISL Trunking, zoning, performed firmware upgrades, and integrated all SAN connected hosts.
- Identified, resolved configuration, problems with HBA drivers, and cabling.
- Upgraded firmware without disrupting the fabric.
- Document, Troubleshooting, performance analysis, and issue escalation with vendors.
- Configured CIFS server on Celerra Virtual data mover and created CIFS shares. Configure Data Movers for Ether Channel Trunking, Safe Network and tested Data Mover failover.
- Configured Celerra Replicator for remote replication of CIFS/NFS shares.
- Installed Qlogic HBAs (QLA2300) and configured Leadville / native qlogic drivers on UNIX / Wintel servers. Implemented persistent binding of the luns for Solaris hosts, SCSI-3 reservation for Cluster machines.
- Migrated close to 250 SUN//AIX/Windows servers from old DMX/CX frames that were to be decommissioned to new DMX3 / CX series. Used host based utilities/SRDF to perform migration.
- Configured FC tape drives, CDL, backup & restores using Veritas netbackup.
- Configured a EMC Clariion Disk library for new backup structure.
- My other duties were the weekly shifts of 24x7 on-call duty and the cooperative queue management of trouble calls using a trouble-ticket system.
Environment: EMC Symmetrix, Clariion, CDL, SILO Storagetek, Celerra NAS, SRDF, Time Finder, SYMCLI, Navisphere Manager, Control Center, Power path, Brocade Director switches, Fabric Watch, Hitachi HDS V9980, Storage Scope, Solaris 10, 9, 8, Linux, Windows, Sun Fire Servers, MpxIO, VxVM, VCS, NetBackup, Shell scripting.
SAN/ UNIX Administrator
- Responsibilities included all LUN creation, and presentation using SYMCLI, NAVICLI, Navisphere, and EMC Control Center. Directly administered a tiered storage infrastructure consisting of both Symmetrix and CLARiiON disk arrays.
- Provided Fiber Channel switching on a core/edge topology using Brocade Connectrix Directors and switches. Created and implemented soft and hard zoning using the native switch CLI and Web interfaces.
- Configured Physical & Virtual tape drives on Solaris Servers and integrated them with Veritas Netbackup.
- Troubleshoot host-based connectivity issues related to EMC software (Power Path, Navisphere, ECC client software and third-party HBA's (Emulex and Qlogic.).
- Administered all SUN/Solaris UNIX servers, TCP/IP networking, and EMC SAN connectivity from UNIX servers.
- Configured servers with mirroring, RAID configuration, using Veritas Volume Manager and Solaris Disk Suite. Monitored and tuned the systems to achieve optimum level of performance.
- Troubleshoot host-based connectivity issues related to EMC software (Power Path, Navisphere, ECC client software and third-party HBA's (JNI and Qlogic.).
- Installed and configured VCS on Solaris, with VxVM, and Oracle Enterprise Agent providing an Application Transparent Failover.
Environment: Solaris8, Disk Suite, Veritas Volume Manager, VCS, NetBackup3.4, Oracle Enterprise Server8.i, Apache1.3.2 Web Server, Tomcat, Connectrix (McData) Switches, DS16M, DS16B Brocade Switch, EMC Symmetrix & Clariion storage arrays, EMC Solutions Enabler, Navisphere
- Day to day administration of the Test, Development & Production environment systems. Installation, configuration and administration of Exchange Server2000 and 2003, Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unity Server and Cisco IP Phones.
- Worked extensively on Iomega NAS 400E Series devices.
- Provided end user support across for all offices in US, India and Singapore on 24*7 basis.
- Applied Service packs to the OS. Maintain systems up to date with the latest OS patches.
- Installed and configured VPN tunnel box with Firewall (To Linkup UK office and Indian Office within the same network).
- Basic LAN/WAN administration duties including troubleshooting of VPN s and identification of bad network routes.
- Complete monitoring, troubleshooting and resolving the OS and Network related problems and also in eliminating the downtime of the Servers/Services. Maintaining the systems for the system uptime, patch management, user management.
- Developed and implemented backup strategies to improve disaster recovery.
- Responsibilities include performing general system administration duties and preventive maintenance of all the HW / SW Networking Systems.
- Was in charge of several machines running operating systems including Sun Solaris, NT and Linux. In addition, I maintained the radius, ftp, http and other services running on these machines, taking backups, preventive maintenance of the entire network.
- Installed and configured Veritas Cluster Server on Solaris, with Veritas Volume Manager, and Oracle Enterprise Agent
- Installation, configuration, and management of all (close to 50) production, development, and test servers of Solaris 2.6 - 2.7 on Intel x86 and SPARC platforms.
- Configuration of DNS, NIS, NFS, Samba, Solstice Backup, SSH.
- Regularly monitor the network to identify performance deviations and submit the performance reports to the management.
- Installed, administered, configured and maintained BSD/SCO/SUN UNIX Servers, Windows 95/NT workstations, Novell Netware, Windows NT 4.0 servers, File, Web, Applications and Internet servers.
- Configured NIS, NFS and DHCP on Sun Solaris UNIX 2.5.
- NT 4.0 server event log monitoring for system, security and applications
- Designed network security enhancements that included Microsoft Proxy Server and private IP deployment to secure the Intranet from unauthorized access across the Internet.
- Installed and configured new systems and peripherals in a Novell Netware4.0, Windows NT, and SCO Unix networked environment.
- Design and create RAID groups depends on project requirement ( on Ephermal and EBS volumes).
- Monitored AWS Guard Duty for suspicious activities as well integrated AWS guard duty with Cloud watch alarms.