- 8+ years of practical experience in the IT field as a network engineer, with proficient hands - on experience in the areas of Wi-Fi portfolio, Routing, Switching and Troubleshooting
- Strong knowledge in configuring and troubleshooting routing protocols like RIP, OSPF, VOIP, IS-IS, SNMP, EIGRP and BGP.
- Installing and Configuring Cisco switches 2960, 3560, 4500, 6500, 4900, 2900, 3750, Nexus 5000, Nexus 7000, WS-C4948, Juniper EX, QFX and Alcatel 7705 SAR series.
- Hands-on expertise with routers 2600, 2900, 3600, 3900, 7200, 7600, ASR-901, ASR-903, ASR 5500, ASR-9010 and Juniper ACX, E, M, MX960 series.
- Working Knowledge on Devices like Juniper SRX240, Alcatel5620 SAM, 9500 MPR and Omni switch 6400.
- Experience in implementing site-to-site, remote access VPN, DMVPN Technologies using GRE, IPSEC & MPLS.
- Surveyed, tested and implemented Aruba wireless coverage.
- Migration of network devices (Palo Alto, F5, Juniper, Aruba, Riverbed, Routers& switches) from one zone to other. Changing the management IP address
- Providing hardware troubleshooting on various line cards, Fabric cards, RP of NCS6K, CRS and ASR9K
- Implementation, working analysis, troubleshooting and documentation of LAN, WAN & WLAN architecture with excellent work experience on IP series.
- Configure SNMP, VLANs and VLAN tagging on MRV OptiSwitches (900 Series)
- Working knowledge with Load Balancers F5 LTM like 3900, 6900 for various applications
- Working knowledge of Firewall, LDAP, AAA, TACACS/RADIUS, and IPSEC.
- Proficient with TCP/IP and relative OSI models.
- Security policy configuration including NAT, PAT, VPN, SSL-VPN, Route-maps and Access Control Lists.
- Experience in EMC VMAX and Brocade SAN switches. Replication with Snap mirror.
- Experience in F5, Cisco ACE 4710 Load balancers, Aruba wireless access points and controllers.
- Experience deploying BIG-IP F5LTM Load Balancers for load balancing and traffic management of business application.
- Strong practical experience in IP addressing, Sub-netting, VLSM and ARP, proxy ARP, and ping concepts
- Experience with working on Cisco routers like ISR routers such as 1800, 1900, 2800, 2900, 3800, 3900, ASR1002, GSR 12016, 7200.
- Expertise in troubleshooting and configuring DNS, DHCP, TFTP, TELNET, SSH, FTP and NFS
- Excellent hands-on experience in designing and implementing IP addressing that includes both IPV4 and IPV6
- Implementation of Access lists, route maps, and distribute lists.
- Strong fundamental knowledge in implementing Layer-2 level technologies including VLAN's, VTP, STP, RSTP and Trunking.
- Technical support for improvement, up-gradation & expansion of the network architecture.
- Working experience on tools and devices like Source Fire, Fire eye, Aruba, Cisco ASA, Cisco ISE.
- Good understanding and working knowledge of Protocols like IEEE 802.1, IEEE 802.3& IEEE 802.11, and 802.1x, EAP, PEAP & EAP-TLS.
- Hands-on experience of Python scripting, automation using Python, string parsing, libraries, API's, regexp and more.
- Expertise on various Operating Systems and software's like Win8, Win7, Win 2008, Win Vista, Ubuntu, Kali Linux, Red Hat Linux, Asterisk and MS Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop,.
- Working Experience in SONET, DWDM & ATM Networks.
- Working Experience in VMware ESX 5.x, VMware Workstation, VMware vCenter Server, Microsoft SharePoint, System Center 2012 R2, C++.
- VoIP Installation and troubleshooting, configuring Digium Phones and setting up VoIP over VLAN.
- Good understanding and working knowledge of ITIL standards.
- Experience working with Agilent, Rhode & Schwartz spectrum analyzers
- Strong knowledge in working with RF survey and design using Atoll and Ericson TEMS
- Hands on experience on several Ticketing Tools like JIRA, Change Management, Service Catalog, ePCR, SR, Remedy, IP center, etc.,
- Working Experience on web content filter and gateways like Blue Coat, Websense.
- Working Experience on Network Scanning, Management, Alerting & Logging tools like Solar Winds, Net cool, Science Logic, Log Logic, EM7, Indeni, nCircle, PRTG, Wire shark.
- Comprehensive understanding of OSI Model, TCP/IP protocol suite (IP, ARP, ICMP, TCP, UDP, SNMP, FTP, TFTP).
- Planning, Designing, Implementation of small, medium organizations including LAN, VLAN, WLAN and WAN on wired and wireless networks
- Having vast experience in designing and configuring of Switches for VLANS and inter-switch communications
Routing: RIPV1, RIPV2, IGRP, EGIRP, OSPF, BGP, Route Filtering, Redistribution, Summarization, and Static Routing.
Switching: VLANs, VTP, STP, PVST+, RPVST+, Inter VLAN routing & Multi-Layer Switch, Ether channels, Transparent Bridging, CEF, DECF, Port Security, VSS Cisco 2960, 3560, 4500, 6500, 4900, 2900, 3750, Nexus 5000,Nexus 7000, WS-C4948, Juniper EX, QFX and Alcatel 7705 SAR
Router: Cisco 7600, 7606, 7609, 7613, 7200, 4400, 3900, 3800, 2900, 1900, ASR-901, ASR-903,, ASR 5500, ASR-9010, 7206 VX, MWR 2941, Alcatel 7705 SAR,Juniper ACX, E, M, MX960 and SRX 240 series
Switches: Cisco Catalyst 6500, 4500, 3560, 3750, 2960, Nexus 7000, Nexus 6000, Nexus 5000,Juniper EX, QFX and Alcatel 7705 SAR series
Load Balancers: Bigip F5 LTM-1600,3600,3900,6900, Cisco ACE-4710, ACE gss 4400, CSS
Network Security: Cisco ASA5550/ 5540,NetScreen, Juniper SRX, Palo Alto, Checkpoints, AAA, Firemon, FREE RADIUS, CADA, LDAP, IPsec VPN, SSL VPN, IDS, IPS, Source Fire, Fire Eye, Cisco NAC (4.9.3), Cisco ISE, Aruba, RSA, RSA 2 Factor, SIEM, Qradar, Tripwire
Network Management: Wire shark, SNMP, Ethereal, Solar Winds, Net cool, Science Logic, Log Logic, EM7, Indeni, nCircle, PRTG, Blue Coat, Websense, Cisco NAC, ISE, Active Directory
Operating Systems: Windows (98, ME, 2000, XP, Sv2003, Sv2008, Sv2012, Vista, 7, 8), Ubuntu, Linux, Kali Linux, CentOS, FreeBSD, Red Hat.
Softwares: VMware ESX 5.x, VMware Workstation, vCenter Server, System Center 2012 R2, MS SharePoint, C++.
Confidential, Fremont, CA
Sr. Network Engineer
- Installed, Maintained and Troubleshot Cisco ASR 1K, 3925E and 2951E Routers and Cisco 6500, 4510, 4500-X, 4948, 3560X, 3750X and 2960S Switches for deployment on production network.
- Configured various LAN switches such as CISCO CAT 2900, 3550, 4500, 6509 switches and Access layer switches such as Cisco 4510, 4948, 4507 switches for VLAN, Fast Ether Channel configuration.
- Designed, Implemented and Troubleshot Cisco 3750, 3550, 3560, 2924, 6509-V-E, 6513, 6504, 6503, 6506, 6500 series switches, GSR, ASR routers with Cisco IOS and IOS-XR and NX.
- Installed, configured and managed Cisco routers such as 7200 series, 3800 series, 3700 series and Cisco Catalyst switch series 6500, 4500, 3500, and 2900.
- Responsible for configuration of Cisco catalyst switches 4506E, 4503E.
- Involved in Life Cycle Project of replacing the supervisor module to 8L-E and upgrading code to the latest on Cisco Catalyst Switch 4506E.
- In-depth expertise in the analysis, implementation, troubleshooting & documentation of LAN/WAN architecture and good experience on IP services.
- Worked with lifecycle of network auditing and vulnerability management using Qualys VM.
- Handled Incident tickets related to the issues in the Firewall along with the connectivity issues.
- Complex troubleshooting to include network protocol and log analysis, raw data captures, and the correlation of disparate events spanning multiple devices and platforms.
- Involved in upgrading the WAN network from existing 7200vxr with ASR1004 and 3845/3945 routers.
- Responsible for configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of dynamic routing protocols: BGP, OSPF & EIGRP (route redistribution, distribute lists, route-maps, offset-lists, prefix lists, route summarization, route-feedback, BGP attributes) on Cisco Routers 7613, 7201, and 3945E.
- Experience with design and implementation of Virtual Switching System (VSS) for both User segment and server segment using 6509-V-E catalyst switches
- Responsible for monitoring the health of the Network using New Relics, Live-action and SolarWinds.
- Worked on Layer 2 protocols such as VTP, STP, RSTP, PVSTP+, MST and other VLAN troubleshooting issues and configuring switches from scratch and deployment
- Performed IP address planning, designing, installation, configuration, testing, maintenance, and troubleshooting in complete LAN, WAN development.
- Supported EIGRP and BGP based on the network by resolving level 2 & 3 problems of internal teams & external customers of all locations
- Experience with Racking, Stacking, configuring, Nexus 2K, 5K and 7K.
- Responsible for Data Center Migrations and its operations including the change from 6500 switches to nexus series switches, configured VPC/VDC on nexus 2k, 5k and 7k.
- Actively involved in switching technology Administration including creating and managing VLANS, Port security - 802.1x, Trucking 802.1Q, RPVST+, Inter-VLAN routing, and LAN security on Cisco Catalyst Switches 4507R+E, 6509-E and Cisco Nexus Switches 2232, 5596, 7009.
- Performed Network Security Assessment and implemented security improvements such as network filtering, SSH, AAA, SNMP access lists, VTY access lists, EIGRP MD5 authentication, and HSRP authentication.
- Configured ACL’s in Cisco 5520 ASA firewall for internet Access requests for servers, Protocol Handling, Object Grouping and NAT.
- Implemented antivirus and web filtering on Juniper SRX 240 at the web server as well as configuration of F5 Big-IP LTM-6400 load balancers and experience working with F5 technologies (LTM, GTM, APM, V9, V10, V11).
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Sr. Network Engineer
- Troubleshoot and coordinate the resolution of connectivity related issues
- WAN transition based on the specification provided by the partners
- Reviewing current network diagram
- Serve as the customer’s go-to resource for all matters related to the Palo Alto next-generation firewall.
- Used F-5Load balancers to increase capacity (concurrent users) and reliability of applications.
- Deliver best practices guidance for managing Palo Alto Networks firewalls.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of Cisco Routers like 2600, 2800 and 3600 series.
- Load balancing Virtual IPs on F5 EBL (LTM and GTM) A10 EFL (SLB and GSLB)
- Ensure network design follow the design template.
- Build solution messaging and positioning for the SDN solutions.
- Authored and headed the implementation of a new innovative pricing model for SDN/NFV program with a goal to achieving ~40% reduction in infrastructure spending. This model has been accepted for enterprise wide implementation
- Leading the Sourcing and vendor management activities for the SDN/NFV program. Successfully negotiated contracts and brought in significant savings. Developed a new financial model for early refreshing of data center infrastructure.
- Work with Brocade MLX, FCX648, ICX6450, and ICX6610 switches and routers.
- Troubleshoot issues with Brocade Fabric deployed in Data Centre.
- Upgrade VDX and MLX operation systems.
- Troubleshoot Brocade Net iron MLX and NOS VDX for LAN/WAN/SAN issues.
- Design and Implement Data center solutions for Brocade customers.
- Configure all Palo Alto Networks Firewall models (PA-2k, PA-3k, PA-5k etc.) as well as a centralized management system (Panorama) to manage large scale firewall deployments.
- Troubleshot VLANs, VDCs, Ports Virtual port channel (VPC) and configuration on Nexus 7k
- Substantial lab testing & validation prior to implementation of Nexus 7K, 5K & 2K connecting to blade servers
- Responsible for pre-sales consulting, WLAN Architectural Design, WLAN implementation of solution, Post-sales support for the deployment and maintenance of Aruba Networks Products.
- Those Aruba Network platforms range from Aruba Networks Wireless Controllers (WLC), Aruba Networks Airwave (AMP), Aruba Instant Access Points, Aruba Networks Clear pass Policy Manager (CPPM) (Wired/Wireless), /Clear pass Guest (CPG), Aruba Airwave Management Platform (AMP), as well as Aruba Mobility Access Switches (MAS).
- Build Nexus 7k / 5k vPC pairing domains
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Sr. Network Engineer
- Troubleshooting firewall and ACL related connectivity issues.
- Designing, Installation and configuration on Checkpoint, ASA, Net Screen and Juniper Firewalls.
- They improve the overall performance of applications by decreasing the burden on servers associated with managing and maintaining application and network sessions, as well as by performing application-specific tasks using F-5 load balancer.
- Setting up of VMware server as an SDN controller
- Consult with vendors to evaluate emerging SDN products
- Providing technical pre-sales and post-sales support to sales, partners and customers for various technologies as related to current and future Aruba server products, Aerohive, Cisco Switches, Cisco Wireless, IAP/AP-135, 105, 125, 124, 134,225,205,215, 275, RAP3/5/205H/109, Aruba Activate, Aruba Cloud, Fluke AirMagent Wireless Surveys (Active/Passive), and Wi-Fi Spectrum Analyzer.
- Providing technical cross-training to relevant internal customers and external customers as needed. I worked design, code, test, debug, documents and maintain applications customizations for customers. I work effectively in a team environment with colleagues, QA, development engineers, Aruba field organization.
- Assist in identifying customer-specific requirements and provide solutions.
- Answer questions about the product capabilities, features and configuration.
- Implemented several Datacenter Solutions comprising of Nexus, Storage and UCS networking solutions and used technologies like VDC, VPC, Fabricpath, FCoE, OTV, SAN port channeling, NPV-NPIV, FCIP, L2 Disjoint Networking on UCS, UCS Service Profiles, UCS SAN boot and Cisco ACI etc.
- Cisco Nexus 7k, 5k, 2k, FEX, Virtual Port Channels / VPC, VDCs, VRFs.
- Configured VPC, FEX and VDC's on Nexus 5K, 7K.
- Configured VPC, FEX and VDC's on Nexus 5K, 7K.
- Assist customer team with the design and placement of Palo Alto Networks devices.
- Creating, configuring, and Troubleshooting GTM WIDE IP on F5 Box.
- Replaced 20 Dell Force 10 network switches with a Meraki cloud managed solution in the Covington facility including a Meraki wireless and firewall solution
- Replaced 14 Dell Force 10 network switches with a Meraki cloud managed solution in the Davenport facility including a Meraki wireless and firewall solution
- Configure Cisco, Aruba and HP Access Points, WLC, WCS and Airwave.
- Assemble core HP 5406 and configure edge switches. Configure HP MSM765 controller for wireless mesh. Configure Aruba 7210 controllers for VRRP and ClearPass.
- Implemented Juniper SRX FW Interface, NAT and VLAN using SPACE
- Installation and configuration of CISCO VOIP switches and SLIP devices.
- Experienced in implementing FAST-DP and FAST-VP in VMAX 20k/10k and FAST in VMX.
- Implemented Virtual thin provisioning from DS8k/5k, XIV, Hitachi AMS 2500, EMC VMAX, VNX to hosts by using SVC for more than 1500 hosts
- Maintains inventory of all new hardware using the Cireson asset management system for SCSM
- Understanding of Juniper EX/MX/SRX series architectures and JUNOS platform including hands on configuration
- Worked with Load balancing device like F5 Big-IP local traffic manager (LTM) 1600.
- Hands on experience in F5 LTM, GTM series like 6400, 6800, 8800 for the corporate applications and their availability
- Configuring various advanced features (Profiles, monitors, iRules, Redundancy, SSL Termination, Persistence, SNATs, HA on F5 BIGIP appliances SSL termination and initiation, Persistence, Digital Certificates, Executed various migration/upgrade projects across F5 and hands on with F5 BIGIP LTMs/EM.
- Extensive implementation of firewall rules on Juniper SRX 3400 and Net Screen 5500 on a daily basis, using CLI. Implemented Juniper EX2200, EX3200, Ex3300, EX4200 Juniper Wireless 800 series, Junos 11.4R, 12.2R Junos 7.7, Ring
Confidential, Indianapolis, IN
- To Implement Local Area Network Solutions and its remote support.
- Manage Network Equipment (Cisco 3500 Router, Juniper FW SSG 550 Cisco Switches and operation of a Polycom HDX 8000 Telepresence System.
- Network Troubleshooting, basic system & Network Security support 24x7.
- Network Implementation solutions & support.
- Configured F5 hardware load balancers to work with WebLogic Server.
- Experience of VoIP allow dynamic interconnection between users on any two domains on the Internet when a user wishes to place a call.
- Provided very consistence performance in CSAT and schedule adherence.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of Cisco Routers like 7600, 7200 and juniper mx series.
- Had hands on VoIP systems employ session control and signaling protocols to control the signaling, set-up, and tear-down of calls
- Installing and configuration and troubleshooting of various Cisco switches like Nexus 5000 and Nexus 7000 series and Juniper EX series.
- Operating, administrating, managing & testing of carrier Ethernets
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of Palo Alto, Cisco ASA 5500, Juniper SRX and ISG Firewalls
- Experience working with the following equipment: Ciena CESD series Ethernet switches, ActivFlex Transport devices; MRV Communications Optiswitch Ethernet switches, Fiber Driver Transport devices
- Troubleshooting server connectivity issues for client intranet,
- Networking: TCP/IP, Cisco ISR routers, Troubleshooting client network connectivity in SIMS Buildings, DNS Troubleshooting, Remote Access - Virtual Private Network (VPN).
- Network Security Implementation & Support.
- Network Security tools like SIEM, Qradar, and EM7.
- Password resets/unlocks, Giving pseudo Privileges, Providing LAN and Wan Support.
- Interacting with the clients by creating tickets for the issue and dispatching to the correct queues for resolution.
- Involved in the creation and closing of IMAC (Add, Move, Change Requests) tickets.
- Calling back the client to check if the issue has been resolved.
- Troubleshooting client Network Printers.
- Configuring and supporting various SIMS Applications in Virtual Machine (VM).; Process training for new hires and mentoring them in the first few weeks of hitting the floor
- Installation, configuring and troubleshooting of VMware infrastructure. Operating VMware vSphere client and vCenter Server.
- Very familiar with tools/ applications like: CWM, Cisco Works, Whatsup Gold, HP Open View, MRTG