- Seasoned, results - producing DevOps professional with 8+ years of comprehensive experience in IT industry comprising of AWS, Linux Administrator, Build/Release Management, Software Configuration and Cloud Management using different tools and Cloud System.
- Expertise in Amazon Cloud Services and Administration which include EC2, ELB, EBS, IAM, S3, Route53, Cloud Front, Lambda, Cloud Trail, Amazon CLI, Amazon VPC. Utilized Cloud Watch to monitor resources such as EC2, CPU memory, AmazonRDS DB services, Dynamo DB tables, Elastic Block Store (EBS) volumes to set alarms for notification or automated actions and to monitor logs for a better understanding and operation of the system.
- Designed highly available, cost effective and fault tolerant systems using EC2 instances, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Amazon Machine Images (AMI), Designed roles and groups using AWS Identity AccessManagement (IAM), RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS &SNS servicesin AWS.
- Created S3 buckets and managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket for storage and backup on AWS. Extensive knowledge in migrating applications from internal data center to AWS.
- Hands-on experience in Azure Cloud Services (PaaS & IaaS), Storage, Web Apps, Active Directory, Azure Container Service, VPN Gateway, Content Delivery Management, Traffic Manager, Azure Monitoring, OMS, Key Vault, Visual Studio Online (VSO), Cognitive Services (LUIS) and SQL Azure.
- Experienced in designing Azure cloud models for establishing secure and cross-premise connectivity with Azure VPN gateway and Content Delivery Network.
- Experience with Terraform or Cloud formation scripting including Infrastructure as code utilizingtools like Terraform, Cloud formation and Salt Stack.
- Proficient Knowledge on OpenStack environment which include Keystone, Volume management using Cinder, network and port management using Neutron and VM management. Experience in cloud automation and orchestration framework using AWS, Azure and OpenStack.
- Experience in Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance and manage Docker containers with multiple name spacedversions.
- Extensively worked with Scheduling, deploying, managing container replicas onto a node cluster using Kubernetesand experienced in creating Kubernetes clusters work with frameworks running on the same clusterresources.
- Proficient knowledge with Mesos providing the fine-grained resource allocations for pods across nodes in acluster.
- Expertise in creating Pods using Kubernetes and worked with Jenkins pipelines to drive all micro services builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes.
- Expertise in using Dockerincluding DockersHub, Dockers Engine, Dockers images, Docker compose,Docker swarm, and Docker Registry and used containerization to make our applications platform to be consistent flexible when they are moved into different environments.
- Extensively used Ruby scripting on Chef Automation for creating cookbooks comprising all resources, data bags, templates, attributes and used Knife commands to manage Nodes.
- Highly involved in Configuring, monitoring multi-platform servers by defining ChefServer from workstation to manage and configure.
- Experience in Working with Chef Cookbooks, Chef Recipes, Chef attributes, Chef Templates.
- Installed and configured automating tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master,agent nodes and an admin control workstation.
- Hands on experience with puppet manifests for deployment andautomation and have integrated Puppet with Jenkins to fully deploy on to a Jenkins server to provide with continuousdeployment and testing to automate deployment of infrastructure.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoringusing Ansible playbooks and has Integrated Ansible with Jenkins. Also, have run various Ansible playbooks
- Experience in assisting Applications & teams across Remote and Local geographical locations as part of Supportexperience in creating complex IAM policies for delegated administration with in AWS.
- Created CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, Bamboo to deploy containerized applications using Dockerin the AWS cloudfor Dynamic scaling.
- Experience in integrating Jenkins with various tools like Maven (Build tool), Git (Repository), SonarQube (codeverification), Nexus (Artifactory) and implementing CI/CD automation for creating Jenkins pipelinesprogrammatically architecting Jenkins Clusters.
- Hands on experience with testing frameworks Junit,Selenium andCucumber.js for setup, build and delivery pipeline.
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & ear from source code. Created and maintained Antbuild.xml’s and MavenPom.xml’s for performing the build procedures.
- Experience in administration, deployment, automation and management with various Version Control Systems likeApache Subversion (SVN) and GIT, GitHub.
- Experience in real-time monitoring and alerting of applications deployed in AWS using Cloud Watch, Nagios, and Splunk.
- Experience in managing knowledge objects like dashboard workflow actions using Splunk Power design. Proficientwith Splunk architecture and various components (indexer, forwarder: search head, deployment server), Heavy and Universal forwarder, License model.
- Experience in Load Balance Linux systems by Linux Virtual Server (LVS) for High Performance and High Availableof Linux clustering Technology. Full understanding of SDLC, RUP, Agile Methodologies and process.
- Experience in system administration working on multiplatform VMware, LINUX (Redhat, SUSE), UNIX (OracleSolaris 9/10) and windows server 2003 & 2008.
- Experience in upgrading and migrating various versions of Mongo database on different platforms.
Cloud Environment: AWS, Azure, OpenStack
AWS services: EC2, ELB, VPC, RDS, AMI, IAM, Cloud formation, S3, Cloud watch, Cloud trial, SNS, SQS, EBS, Route 53
OpenStack services: Nova, swift, cinder, Glance, Keystone, Horizon, Neutron, ceilometer, Heat, Trove, Sahara
Azure services: Virtual Machine, App service, Functions, Blog storage, Queue Storage, SQL Database, SQL Data Warehouse, Document DB
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker Swarm
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Ansible, Puppet
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, TFS Visual Studio Build
Build Tools: Maven, Ant, Gradle, Salt Stack
Testing Frame works: SonarQube, JUnit, Selenium, cucumber, cucumber.js
Artifactory repositories: Docker Hub, Artifactory (AY), Nexus, Nginx
Bug Tracking Tools: Jira, Bugzilla
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, ELK, Splunk, Datadog, AppDynamics, Grafana
Databases: Oracle, My SQL, NoSQL, MongoDB, Dynamo DB
Scripting tools : Python, Perl, Bash, Java Script, Ruby, Power shell, YAML
Web/Application Servers : WebSphere, Apache, Tomcat, JBOSS, WebLogic
Network Services : Services FTP-Vsftpd, SSH, TELNET, TCP/IP, HTTP, DHCP, SNMP, FTP, SMTP, NFS, WinSCP, Raid Levels
Operating Systems : Windows, UNIX, Ubuntu, RHEL, Debian, CentOS
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Sr. Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Hands on experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) provisioning and good knowledge of AWS services like EC2, S3, Glacier, ELB (Load Balancers), RDS, SNS, SQS, and EBS etc.
- Created S3 buckets to back up the files and customized it in JSON format and assign the policies so that who can access the files. For the long-term storage and archive files Glacier is used.
- Hands on experience creating customized IAM to set up user roles with corresponding user and group policies using JSON.
- Created Python Scripts to Automate AWS services, include web servers, ELB, Cloud front Distribution, database, EC2 and database security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration, this Script creates stacks, single servers or joins web servers to stacks.
- Expert in IaaS, SaaS, in AWS (VPC, IAM, SQS, SNS, EC2), Autoscaling, CloudFormation, CloudTrail, DynamoDB, S3, API Gateway, Lambda, etc.
- Used cloud automation tools such as Ansible and Terraform to research, develop, maintain, scale and grow hybrid application like custom-sized VPC, subnets, EC2 instances, ELB's, security groups. migration from current data center to Azure cloud and used SQL Azure for Backend operations and data persistence.
- Design, planning and implementation for existing On-Prem application to Azure cloud (ARM).
- Deployed Azure laasvirtual Machines (VMs) & Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure VNets subnets.
- Worked on creation of custom Docker container images, tagging and pushing the images.
- Worked on creating the Docker containers and consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Worked on lifecycle management of image-based containers by the Dockers.
- Developed Ansible scripts for an automated server provisioning and Docker images, reducing the time between provisioning and deployment from over 3 hours to less than 10 minutes.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using Subversion (SVN) and Git source control.
- Managed Git repository, code merging, and production deployments.
- Worked with Version control tools Subversion/Git Branching, Merge Strategies, migrated projects from Subversion repositories to GitHub Enterprise repositories.
- Developed Ant and Maven scripts to automate the compilation, deployment, and testing of Web and J2EE applications
- Designed and implemented CI (Continuous Integration) system: configuring Jenkins servers, Jenkins nodes, creating required scripts (Perl & Python), and creating/configuring VMs (Windows/Linux).
- Built end to end CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code, compile applications, perform tests and push build artifacts to Nexus and uDeploy to orchestra changes across servers and components.
- Utilize Puppet for configuration management of hosted Instances within AWS. Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC). Utilize S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Responsible for creating puppet modules and manifest files from scratch and experience in editing existing puppet manifests and automated manual installation process using puppet.
- Used Nagios as a monitoring tool to identify and resolve infrastructure problems before they affect critical processes and worked on Nagios Event handlers in case of automatic restart of failed applications and services.
- Configured Nagios to monitor EC2 Linux instances with puppet automation.
- Experienced in working with Ticketing & Tracking Tools like JIRA, Remedy, HPSM and IBM Rational Clear Quest, TFS.
- Experience with writing Python scripts to automate some of the EC2 instance tasks.
- Installed, monitored and configured Applications in Nginx and Apache Tomcat Server and establish connectivity to databases and troubleshoot issues on the fly.
- Configured Apache Webserver in the Linux AWS cloud environment using Puppet automation.
Environment: Apache, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Linux, WebLogic, AWS, AWS ELB, VPC, AWS EC2, S3, Route53, EBS, IAM, Cloud watch, Cloud Formation GIT, Shell scripting, Docker, Vagrant, Puppet, Ruby.
Confidential, Columbus, IN
Sr. AWS DevOps Engineers
- Implemented scalable, secure and disaster recovery cloud architecture based on AmazonWebServices.
- Involved in deploying multi-tier applications utilizing AWS stack (EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, DynamoDB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on fault tolerance and auto-scaling.
- Managed EC2 instances using launch configuration, Auto scaling, Elastic Load balancing, automated the process of provisioning infrastructure using CloudFormation, Ansible templates, and created alarms to monitor using CloudWatch.
- Designed and worked with team to implement ELK (elastic search, log stash and Kibana) Stack on AWS.
- Managed storage in AWS using Elastic Block Storage, S3, created Volumes, configured Snapshots.
- Implemented a server less micro architecture using API Gateway, Lambda, and DynamoDB.
- Deployed AWS Lambda code from AmazonS3 buckets. Created a Lambda Deployment function and configured it to receive events from your S3 bucket.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS.
- Used BOTO and Fabric for launching and deploying instances in AWS.
- Setup Elastic search cluster using Terraform scripts to block all the Spam and Phishing attacks.
- Used Terraform in AWS Virtual Private Cloud to automatically setup and modify settings by interfacing with control layer.
- Handle the various platforms like Linux, Windows and GCP for automation purpose at same time.
- Experience in Migrating the Legacy application into GCP Platform.
- Responsible for Deploying Artifacts in GCP platform by using Packer.
- Responsible for managing the GCP services such as Compute Engine, App Engine, Cloud Storage, VPC, Load Balancing, Big Query, Firewalls, Stack Driver.
- Responsible for managing the Docker orchestration for transferring the data from store database to REDIS cache server.
- Worked on TERRAFORM for provisioning of Environments in GCP platform.
- Experience with Unix servers as kohl's corporate and windows servers for kohl's stores and GCP platform for SNB and CNC for support the TVS Application.
- Developed templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- Worked on Container Platform for Docker and Kubernetes. Used Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, Config Maps, Selector, Services and deployed application containers as Pods.
- Deployed CoreOS Kubernetes Clusters to manage Docker containers in the production environment with light weight Docker Images as base files.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volume and Implemented Docker automation solution for Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery model.
- Worked on creating Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application lifecycle and worked on setting up the automated build on Docker HUB.
- Responsible for maintaining GIT/SVN Repositories, and access control strategies.
- Coordinated and assisted developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Built scripts using Maven build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in shell for Maven builds. Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml.
- Used ANT and Maven as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Setup Jenkins master slave architecture to use Jenkins as pipeline as service.
- Integrated Gradle builds into Jenkins and configure GIT parameterized builds. Also installed many custom plugins along with ANT and Maven plugins.
- Used different Jenkins plugins like Global Build Stats plugin, job generator plugin to help developers create new jobs, Hudson Post build task Plugin to publish artifacts to repositories once the build is succeeded and to perform some other tasks depending on the output of the build, Amazon EC2 plugin to create slaves on EC2 servers etc.
- Integrated ANT/Nexus, Jenkins, Urban Code Deploy with Patterns/Release, Git, Confluence, Jira and Cloud Foundry.
- Managed configurations of multiple servers using Ansible.
- Worked with Ansible Tower to manage Multiple Nodes and Manage Inventory for different Environments and developed Python Modules for Ansible Customizations.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, application server setup, stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks.
- Worked on creating inventory, job templates and scheduling jobs using Ansible tower and writing Python modules for Ansible customizations.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers and Responsible for writing/modifying scripts using BASHShell.
- Backup and restore Mongo databases using LVM snapshots and Ops manager backups. Migrated Mongo instances from MMAPV1 to Wiredtiger storage engine.
- Created different customized application roles to maintain security across the Mongo cluster. Experience in writing MongoDB Schema using Mongos.
- Designed and Developed Mongo instances on containers as part of organizations initiative to build a data center of the future.
- Administered and managed GitHub and Quay repositories to store Mongo images. Created docker images for Mongo and configured several instances and replica sets through them.
- Established Chef Best practices approaches to systems deployment with tools such as vagrant, berkshelf and test-kitchen and the treatment of each Chef cookbook as a unit of software deployment, independently version controlled.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks, Recipes in Ruby scripts and Resources, run lists, managing Chef Client nodes, and uploading cookbooks to chef-server.
- Implemented monitoring and logging of different application logs using ELK and Nagios.
- Used JIRA as a ticketing tool to track the issues related to Dockerization of legacy apps and implement strategies to reduce common problems faced.
- Installed, monitored and configured applications in Nginx and Apache Tomcat Server and establish connectivity to databases and troubleshoot issues on the fly.
- Scripting in multiple languages on UNIX, LINUX and Windows - Bash, Python etc.
- Worked on Group/User administration, Startup & Shutdown Scripts, Crontabs, File System Maintenance, Backup Scripts and Automation, Package management
- Resolved system issues and inconsistencies in coordination with quality assurance and engineering teams.
Environment: AWS (EC2, S3, VPC, ELB, RDS, EBS, Cloud Formation, Cloud watch, Cloud trail, Route 53, AMI, SQS, SNS,Lambda, CLI, CDN), Azure, GCP, Docker, Chef, Jenkins, ANT, Maven, Git, SVN, Cron, Jira, Azure, Bash, Shell, Perl, Python, Ruby,Tomcat, WebLogic, Autoscaling, Route53, DNS, Nagios, RHEL 6.8/7. x.
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Responsible for designing and deploying best SCM processes and procedures.
- Used both GIT and Bitbucket source control systems to manage code.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Involved in writing pom.xml files to establish the code quality tools integration.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, Mavenization of Java projects and managing Maven repositories.
- Releasing code to testing regions or staging areas according to the schedule published.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Maven in multiple environments.
- Deployed puppet for configuration management to existing infrastructure
- Implemented puppet modules for server housekeeping.
- Written modules for Installation and Updating of Yum repositories on the Server using Puppetinfrastructure.
- Actively involved in architecting the puppet infrastructure to manage servers in different environments.
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services.
- Managed Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Puppet or custom-built cloud-hosted solutions.
- Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2, auto-scaling and VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts.
- Used JIRA to track issues and Change Management.
- Good Understanding of developing and testing enterprise products, with current focus on cloud-based application and giving solution to challenges imposed by multi data center deployed SaaS products andtheir needs for DevOps tools and automation.
Environment: SVN, GIT, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, AWS EC2, WebLogic, TOMCAT, Python Scripts, Perl Scripts, Ruby Scripts, XML, UNIX, JIRA.
Confidential, Detroit, MI
- Designed and implemented fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment solutions spanning multiple platforms, tools and technologies including Jenkins Nodes/Agent, SSH, Amazon EC2 etc.
- Build server deployment on Cloud (EC2) servers with help of DevOps tools like Puppet.
- Created the naming strategy for branches and labels and involved continuous integration system with GIT version control repository and continually build as the check-in’s come from the developer.
- Built Continuous Integration environment (Jenkins, Nexus). And Continuous delivery environment (puppet).
- Responsible for distributed applications across hybrid AWS and physical data centers
- Strengthening security by implementing and maintaining Network Address Translation in company’s network
- Supported small to medium sized projects using GIT
- Worked on integrating GIT into the continuous Integration (CI) environment along with Anthill-Pro, Jenkins
- Developed a continuous deployment pipeline using Jenkins, Ruby/shell scripts.
- Supporting Local System Administrators to troubleshoot Configuration Management and Network issues.
- Created and maintained continuous build and continuous integration environments in SCRUM and Agile projects.
- Importing the data in Splunk through inputs.conf, props.confand transforms.conf.
- Automation/Simplification of Digital Guarding Process through Splunk.
Environment: GIT, Jira, Maven, ANT, Jenkins, Puppet, Unix Shell Scripting, Splunk, Anthill Pro, AWS, Nexus