- 8+ years of experience in the automating, configuring and deploying instances in the areas of Data center operations, cloud computing, software configuration management (SCM)
- Expertise in Amazon AWS cloud which includes services like: EC2, S3, VPC, ELB, IAM, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Security Groups.
- Experience with Configuration management tools like PUPPET, CHEF, AWS (OPS work) and Open Stack.
- Experience in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments working on Software Configuration Management (SCM) tools like Subversion (SVN) and GIT.
- Experience in cloud stack such as AWS (cloud formation) and VMWARE stack.
- Creating Linux Virtual Machines using VMware Virtual Center (ESXI), hypervisor - v, PHP Virtual Box.
- Monitored Ruby on Rails programs and program data to ensure applications are running as expected.
- Database modeling and design. Involved in developing and implementation of the web application using Ruby on Rails.
- Worked on web servers like Apache and application servers like Web logic, Tomcat, Web Sphere, and JBOSS to deploy code.
- Involved in Automation with the help of Scripting languages like Ruby, Shell and Python.
- Experience in Administration for various environments in software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Extensively worked on Jenkins by installing, configuring and maintaining for the purpose of Continuous integration (CI) and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Good knowledge in CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Deployment) methodologies.
- Experience in installing Firmware Upgrades, Kernel patches, system configuration, performance tuning on Unix/Linux systems.
- Troubleshooting the Java Applications with different test cases.
- Excellent communication team membership and relationship management skills.
Cloud Platform: AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Open stack
Configuration Management: Chef, puppet, Maven, Ansible, Docker
Operating System: Red Hat, Ubuntu, Linux Windows, CentOS.
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Jenkins, Code Deploy.
Version Control Tools: Subversion (SVN), Clear case, GIT, GIT HubCode deploy
Web Servers: Apache, Tomcat, Web Sphere.
Languages/Scripts: Java, Shell, PHP, Python, Ruby.
Confidential - San Diego, CA
- Experience working with various AWS Services like EC2, S3, ELB, EBS, Auto scaling, Route53, SNS, SES, Cloud Watch, RDS, IAM, Dynamo DB, VPC, Elastic ache, Cloud Formation, Cloud Front, OpsWorks, Glacier, etc.
- Automate Deployment using configuration Management tool Ansible to provision Amazon AWS Instances to enable continuous Deployments.
- Having extensive experience in AWS Redshift data ware house for columnar data storage.
- Experience working on User admin groups, maintaining account and monitoring system performance using ELK.
- Using Chef deployed and configured Elastic search, Log stash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and Cloud Watch.
- Using Bash and Python include Boto3 to supplement automation provided by Terraform for tasks such as encrypting EBS volumes backing AMIs and scheduling Lambda functions for routine AWS tasks.
- Worked on Terraform for deploying infrastructure in AWS as per the requirement.
- Implemented and set up Route53 record set AWS service for DNS assignment to Alias (ELB) and Cname (RDS) types resources.
- Advised Open source Kubernetes and Docker projects and design discussions in the Cloud Native Computing foundation.
- Create develop and test environments of different applications by provisioning Kubernetes clusters on AWS using Docker, Ansible, and Terraform.
- Involved in setting up Jira as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for the Jira bug/issue tracker.
- Shared files between Linux boxes and windows using the WinSCP, a secure FTP, SCP client for Microsoft Windows.
- Used Kubernetes for automated deployments, scaling and management of containerized applications across clusters of hosts.
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MY SQL and SQL Server by using SQL for data integrity.
Confidential - San Jose, CA
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) and cloud technologies to migrate over from their current datacenter and virtual environments.
- Designed and implemented Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud-based instances for use on their current and upcoming projects.
- Experience on AWS cloud services like EC2, S3, ECS, RDS, DynamoDB, Elastic Load balancer (ELB), auto scaling groups and EBS for installing, configuring and troubleshooting on various Amazon images for server migration from physical into cloud.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), EC2 Storage Managements integration and utilization within this infrastructure and applications.
- Infrastructure deployment, administration, troubleshooting and configuration virtual and cloud instances on AWS and VMware platforms.
- Implemented AWS solutions using S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, and Auto scaling groups.
- Responsible for Design of different Release Environments for new projects and monitoring.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Chef, and Maven & Nexus in Linux environment.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks and Recipes to manage systems configuration.
- Java Message Service (JMS) API is used to allow application components to create, send, receive and read messages.
- Implementing Ruby on Rails upgrades and patches and publishing Ruby Gems. Used Ruby Gems.
- Wrote various interfaces to the management system in Ruby on Rails.
- Managed Chef Cookbooks to automate system operations and involved in deploying the configurations into the remote servers.
- Involved in writing cloud formation templates for spinning up the infrastructure as per the requirement.
- Worked on ECS (Elastic container service) for deploying containers and involved in testing the micro services.
- Performing updates and upgrades on the systems currently on the network for performance and auditing purposes.
- Involved in integrating the Devops tools with the Jenkins with the help of various plugins and involved in writing jenkinsfile for CICD.
- Migrated corporate Linux servers from physical servers to Amazon AWS virtual servers.
- Deployed applications into PROD & Pre-Prod environments with various application server technologies like WebLogic, JBoss & Apache Tomcat.
- Working on Deployment procedures using middleware like Apache Tomcat, creating deploy scripts and setting up for the Production Release
- Worked on Design and Automation of UDeploy Application process, component process, Environment resources model and designed UDeploy Processes that deploys multiple applications.
Environment: VPC, AWS EC2, S3, Route53, EBS, IAM, ELB, Cloud watch, Cloud Formation, AWS Auto Scaling, Maven, Git, Jenkins, Unix/Linux, Shell scripting.
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Linux container and has the AMI baked in converted our staging and production environment from a handful AMI’s to a single bare metal host running Docker
- Managed Linux Ubuntu and Windows virtual servers on AWS EC2 using puppet
- Experienced in configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef and Maven
- Designed and deployed AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic load Balancer, Auto scaling groups.
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier
- Configured S3 to host static web content and used cloud front for low latency for the end customers.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancer with EC2Autoscaling groups
- Configured and monitored distributed and multi-platform servers using Nagios
- Supported 2000+ AWS Cloud instances and also familiar with Amazon cloud command line management
- User Interface for website with ERB, JQuery, RJS, Ruby, Ajax for View, Controller, Model in Ruby on Rails Framework on Mac OS X Operating System
- Ensuring all components and aspects of all unit’s data network are properly operating and to DOD compliancy.
- Experience in developing ELT and Data Models using an ELT tool such as SAP Data Services, informatics via KMS service.
- Performed and deployed Builds for various Environments like QA, Integration, UAT and Productions Environments.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud watch.
Environment: AWS EC2, S3, RDS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling, VPC instances, Opsworks, IAM, Amazon Glacier, Amazon CLI, Tivoli, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Nagios, UNIX and LINUX.
- Installing, configuring and upgrading Solaris 8, Linux and HP-UX Servers.
- Windows 2003 server Installation, Administration & Maintenance
- Exchange 2003 Administration and Maintenance.
- Supporting in Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 migration.
- Installing and partitioning disk drives. Creating, mounting and maintaining file systems to ensure access to system, application and user data.
- Knowledge of using Routed Protocols: FTP, SFTP, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS, TELNET, SMTP, and Direct Connect.
- Installing, configuring and administering NIS master server and NIS slave server.
- Installing & administering NFS services using auto mounter.
- Regular disk management like adding/replacing hard drives on existing servers/workstations, partitioning according to requirements, creating new file systems or growing existing one over the hard drives and managing file systems.
- Scheduling the daily/weekly/monthly backups.
- Patching up the system to the latest version as per the recommendations.
- Monitor the health of the servers, Operating system, database and the network.
- Maintenance of Hard disks (Formatting and Setup, Repair from crashes)
- Create and maintain user accounts administering file systems and recognizing file access problems.
- Co-coordinating with the customer’s vendors for any system upgradation and giving the exact procedure to follow up.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 3.x, E3500 and E250 Sun Fire V480, Sun Ultra Spark 5/10, Sun Blade servers, Oracle 8i/9i and HP Open View Servers, Intel based Servers, LAN and WAN.