- Highly resourceful Senior Network Engineer, with over 15 years of proven record of s in leading and working side by side with teams of engineers.
- Primary work responsibilities include designing, deploying and supporting Confidential, Palo Alto and VMWare solutions in a multi - tenant private cloud environment based on customers’ technology and business requirements.
- Designed and deployed a dual-DMVPN cloud overlaying across two networks, MPLS WAN and Internet, in order to provide network redundancy and load balancing.
- Designed and deployed a full Layer 3 VPN MPLS network to separate overlapping private subnets. This solution was configured with VRF network segmentation.
- Designed and deployed a full Nexus datacenter solution based on Nexus 5K and Nexus 7K switches with vPC, VDC and OTV features.
- Migrated customers from legacy firewalls to multi-context Confidential ASA 5585-X’s 9.x. Configurations included segmentation, NAT, site-to-site VPN and AnyConnect VPN.
- Deployed ASAv and Palo Alto firewalls to segment traffic between virtual hosts in vSphere.
- Deployed a multitenant AnyConnect VPN solution integrated with RSA using SAML in an MPLS VRF network architecture.
- Migrated customers from legacy bare metal ACS 4.x environment to fully virtualized ACS 5.x.
Routers: 2800, 2900, 3800, 3900, 4000, 7200, 7600, ASR1K, CSR1K
Switches: 2900, 3600, 3700, 3650, 3850, 4500, 6500, Nexus 5K, Nexus 7K
Firewalls: Palo Alto, Confidential ASA, Confidential Meraki
Routing: BGP, MP-BGP, EIGRP, RIP, OSPF
WAN: MPLS, Frame-Relay, PPP
VPN: MPLS, IPSec, DMVPN
QoS: DSCP, COS
VOIP: SIP, RTP
Confidential, Newark, NJ
Sr. Network Engineer
- Design network solutions for core, cloud and enterprise networks based on industry best practices and customizing solutions to accommodate customers’ specific requirements
- Deploy, migrate and support Confidential ASA and Palo Alto firewalls for customers.
- Worked on POC to migrate from Confidential ASA to Confidential FTD.
- Managed ACS 5.x environment for TACACS, Radius and RSA.
- Designed and deployed a dual DMVPN cloud with Phase 2 inter-connectivity
- Install and support a multitenant AnyConnect VPN solution for a service provider architecture.
- Research and specify network scaling points for products
- Provide highest tier technical support for all network related issues
- Research and develop new network features for customers, such as DMVPN, QoS, MPLS, business continuity, etc
- Provide final technical approval for all network features and network changes
- Design and configure core infrastructure components such as Confidential 6500’s, 7600’s and ASR1K
- Work with vendors and manufacturers on workarounds and fixes for IOS defects
- Create network design documentation and procedures for executive, marketing and technical departments
- Developed a .NET-based application to automatically generate Confidential router and switch configurations in order to automate deployment of configuration files
- Installed, configured and manage the network monitoring solutions called Solarwinds
Confidential, New York, NY
- Installed, configured and managed Confidential routers and switches in local and remote sites
- Installed and tested IOS images on Confidential equipment in order to improve network performance
- Configured IPSec tunnels on Confidential routers to establish secure connectivity between sites
- Installed and managed Confidential Secure ACS servers to manage network users
- Configured BRI and PRI ISDN circuits on Confidential equipment for Voice Over IP (VOIP)
- Configured and troubleshot E1, T1, T3 circuits for VOIP and data transfer
- Installed and configured several point-of-presence (POP) sites in the following states, California, Georgia, New York and Illinois
- Traveled overseas to implement VOIP and resolve existing VOIP issues for clients
- Tested and approved national and international network carriers for VOIP ingress and egress endpoints
- Investigated network issues, such as connectivity, latency, flooding, routing, switching
- Investigated VOIP issues, such as SIP signaling, RTP flow, voice quality
- Configured Nextone’s Session Border Controller (SBC) for VOIP call routing
- Utilized network protocol analyzer called Ethereal to troubleshoot network VOIP and data issues
Confidential, New York, NY
- Troubleshot Frame Relay and ISDN circuit issues with telcos and clients
- Troubleshot connectivity issues between Confidential routers over T1 and T3 links for WAN and LAN networks
- Performed administrative tasks on Confidential routers and switches, Foundry load balancers, and Windows servers
- Created and utilized Visio diagrams to understand the infrastructure of network topologies and server farms
- Configured and managed an HP OpenView server
- Worked with Syslog on a daily basis to monitor and troubleshoot network problems
- Checked and configured the following servers, IIS, BizTalk, and SQL Server
- Developed various VB scripts to perform maintenance tasks
- Built a production MRTG server, which collected real-time network information, such as bandwidth utilization, CRC errors, and runts
- Designed and worked on a Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM) architecture in production
- Hired and trained Network Administrators
- Organized a library of technical procedures and tasks