Experienced in Microsoft Office experienced in old DOS and Windows versions, also can us XP, MS Office 7, 8 and 10 also can troubleshoot/repair PC’s and printers. Very quick to learn new tasks and also take directions and follow very easily.
Certificate: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Network +, MCSA
Systems: Heat, System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Sharepoint
Network: LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, VPN
Software: MS Office, Java, Windows 7,8 and 10, Adobe
Education Level: GED
Confidential Richmond, VA
Network Cable Installer
- For premises installations ran cable installed network outlets and performed testing.
- Assisted customers with setting up wi - fi systems upon install.
- Tested lines after installation to ensure they were working correctly.
- Performed troubleshooting and repair of existing line problems.
- For off-site installations used heavy equipment for trench digging for underground installations.
- Ran network cable from exterior portions of building using ladders and poles.
- Followed all safety protocols and wore protective equipment.
- Promptly reported any customer concerns to management.
- Completed both premises and off-site installations of network cable
- Provides 2nd-level customer support services for all computer, printer, and other peripheral devices for Bank of America and Wells Fargo.
- Experience with complex multi-vendor environment.
- HP and Dell Certified
- Administers computers and users using Active Directory/Group Policies.
- Heavy workstation operating system experience
- Deploys and administers antivirus software, security patches, and system updates.
- Logs comments for all service requests, incidents and change orders performed.
- Configures and images PC systems and provides responsive delivery to customers.
- Responsible for the repair of Intel based Desktop PC’s running various versions of Microsoft Windows from the following Vendors but not limited to IBM, Dell, HP, Compaq, Toshiba and etc.
- Maintains detailed asset records for all PC hardware and software. Assists with asset protection and software licensing compliance
- Provides equipment maintenance services, including repair and component replacement services for all platforms. Maintains a log of all repairs/services performed.
- Comprehensive knowledge and expertise in MS Office products.
- Configure and troubleshoot hardware and software including: desktops, laptops, handheld devices, and printers.
- Promotes adherence to standardized IT processes, strategic principles, and architectural standards.
- Actively shares knowledge with other IT members and improves the tools and processes used by department personnel.
- Moves, adds, and makes changes for equipment and software deployment.
- Experiencing in computer refresh through Microsoft SCCM.
- Performs other functions as assigned and actively participates in special projects as assigned.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
- Obtains help by sounding alarms.
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers.
- Controls traffic by directing drivers.
- Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signature.
- Maintains environment by monitoring and setting building and equipment controls.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains organization’s stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Desktop Support Specialist
- Added/Removed Workstations to a Domain using the R&R Computer Utility
- Using ticketing system to respond to technical support issues and logs information regarding requests and support activities that have minimal customer interaction.
- Wiping/re-imaging equipment to prep for inventory, Hot Swaps/repairs, phone deployments, pickup of equipment from termination requests, keyboard/mouse replacement.
- Familiar with Internet Exployer 7, Internet Exployer 8 and Google Chrome
- Set up equipment for employee use by performing or ensuring proper installation of cable, operating systems, and appropriate software.
- Maintained record of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial action taken, and installation activities
- Conferred with end users as well as conducted computer diagnostics to investigate problems and to provide technical assistance to the client.
- Used Juniper VPN to VNC into a client computer to help resolve an issue like can’t log into network.
- Provided installation support and services to setup, installations, moves add and changes for PC hardware and software.
- Helped end users with hardware, software, cables, networking and operational support requirements in keeping with industry standard practices.
- Installed/Replaced motherboards, LCD Screens, Network Adaptors, Avaya Desk Phones and understand BIOS settings.
Confidential, Conyers, GA
- Coordinated with personnel in revising and updating security measures due to new or revised regulations.
- Investigated and wrote reports on accidents, incidents, suspicious activities, safety and fire hazards and other security related situations so it can be in at a timely manner.
- Performed security patrols, enforcing the company’s badge procedures, protecting property from theft, embezzlement, sabotage, fire and accidents.
- Directed the flow of traffic and parking of vehicles and patrolled company’s grounds and/or other areas as required.
- Trained new security officers on how to patrol the area.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Data Entry Clerk
- Compared data entered with source documents, or re-enters data in verification format on screen to detect errors.
- Entered data in a timely and accurate manner into the web-based information system; complied with assists in the compilation of statistical information for special reports.
- Performed program support tasks such as organizes forms; photocopies; files; orders and maintains program materials and educational handouts; makes reminder calls for visits as requested by the supervisor and nurse home visitors.
- Performed general clerical functions such as sorts, routes and distributes mail; types material from typed or handwritten copy; prepares correspondence, reports and other documents.
- Utilized computerized data entry equipment and various word processing, spreadsheet and file maintenance programs to enter, store and/or retrieve information as requested.
- Compiled a variety of resources; may participate in community outreach activities such as distributing program brochures, retrieving client referrals as delegated by the supervisor.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Security Help Desk- Security Analyst
- Provided access to mainframe data and applications for all DHR projects involving development, testing, production and spreadsheets for client/user RACF environments.
- Implemented and supported integrations of information security solutions including security architecture, firewalls, and security products
- Developed and implemented the security procedures, while creating and resetting passwords/RACF ID’s and security groups.
- Performed security administration, including access control and password maintenance.
- Analyzed document security controls for low, moderate, and high categorized applications/systems and continuous monitoring of the effectiveness of security controls throughout the systems development life cycle using an array of tracking and reporting tools.
- Installed software on different client’s computer.
- Provided proactive support using troubleshooting skills to monitor out Network and applications such as, telephony, high-speed Internet and application services.
- Created a database for my department by using Access and Excel.