- Around 6 years in IT industry comprising of Cloud Computing, DevOps Engineering, Linux Administration, VMware and Aws.
- 2 years of experience in Amazon Web Services including migrating infrastructure to AWS cloud and maintenance of production web infrastructure
- Experience in designing and deploying AWS Solutions using EC2, S3, VPC, Auto - Scaling, EBS, SNS, Route 53, Elastic Load Balancer ( ELB), Auto Scaling. Elastic search, Influx DB.
- Creative in automating, configuring and deploying instances on AWS, Azure, and Rackspace cloud environment and Data center.
- Delivering production code at regular cadence using agile techniques, tools and methodologies.
- Expertise on clouds that include AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure, PaaS, and environment automation tools using Cloud Formation, Puppet.
- Experience in creating alarms and notifications for EC2 instance using Cloud watch.
- Setting up data in AWS using S3 buckets and configuring instance backup to S3 bucket
- Ability to create new snap shot and delete old snap shot in S3 using S3 CLI tools.
- Installed and Administered Jenkins CI for Maven Builds.
- Experience in managing the artifacts generated by MAVEN in the Nexus repository.
- Strong knowledge on CI tools like Jenkins and Hudson.
- Extensive experience in Application Deployments and Environment configuration using Puppet, Ansible and Terraform.
- Expertise in DevOps tools like urban code deploy, puppet.
- Implemented CI/CD allowing for deploy to multiple client Kubernetes/ AWS environments
- Developed puppet manifests for different application and web servers like Apache, Tomcat, Nginx, WebSphere, WebLogic applications.
- Chef to aid with our deployment process and migrating in-house systems to Amazon Cloud Services.
- Involved in functional usage & deployment of applications in WebLogic, WebSphere, Apache Tomcat Server
- Strong experience administering installing and monitoring WebLogic applications.
- Experienced in working on DevOps/Agile operations process and tools area (Code review, unit test automation, Build & Release automation, Environment, Service, Incident and Change Management).
- Experience in installing Docker using Docker tool box.
- Source code management is performed using GIT from master repository and knowledge on Container management using Docker in creating images. Familiarity with Docker Swarm.
- Inventoried and administered Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), FreeBSD and VMware ESXi, VCenter, vSphere, VMWare Workstation servers, writing several utilities to manage them simultaneously.
- Monitored the servers & applications using Nagios and Splunk.
- Ability in development and execution of XML, RUBY and SHELL scripts.
- Closely worked with Nagios for monitoring purposes.
- Experienced in implementing and administering monitoring tools Nagios.
- Familiar with designing and deploying container-based production clusters using Docker.
- Capable of compiling on continuous delivery platform like Jenkins.
- Richly trained in Python, Ruby or shell scripting.
- Managed all the databases especially based on SQL.
- Experience developing and supporting device driver’s hardware specifications using the C programming language.
- Developed embedded software using C and C++ on Linux platform.
- Team player with good management, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
Operating Systems:: Windows 98/XP/NT/ 2000/2003/2008, UNIX, Linux, Ubuntu, RHEL, Debian
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo
Build Tools: Ant, Maven
Configuration management tools: Chef, ansible
Version Control Tool: Git, GitHub, bit bucket, svn tortoise
Databases: Dynamo db. Mongo db.
Cloud Environment: Aws, pcf, azure
Bug Tracking tools: Pivotal tracker, Jira
Scripting Languages: Yeml, phython, ruby, shell, power, shell
Web/Application Servers: WebSphere, Apache, Tomcat, JBOSS, WebLogic
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, JQuery, Java Script, XML, JSON.
Confidential, Atlanta GA
- Experienced in Administration of Production, Development and Test environment's carrying Windows, Ubuntu, Red Hat Linux, SUSE Linux, Centos and Solaris servers
- Experience in support instances running Fedora, Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS and RedHat Linux.
- Experience in core AWS services (S3, EC2, ELB, EBS, Route53, VPC, auto scaling etc.) and deployment services (OpsWorks and Cloud Formation) and security practices (IAM, Cloud watch and Cloud trail).
- Played a significant role as a part of an engineering team designated to design a new platform to host applications on AWS and set up VPN tunnels from corporate network to VPCs, also designed the Subnets, Routing and IAM policies in AWS
- Involved heavily in setting up the CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, GitHub, Puppet, Terraform and AWS
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Using CloverETL migrated data to AWS Redshift .
- Performed AWS Cloud administration managing EC2 instances, S3, EBS, SES and SNS services.
- Build, Test and deploy applications by using pivotal cloud foundry
- Using Bash and Python included Boto3 to supplement automation provided by puppet and Terraform for tasks such as encrypting EBS volumes backing AMIs and scheduling Lambda functions for routine AWS tasks.
- Automate provisioning and repetitive tasks using Terraform and Python , Docker container, Service Orchestration
- Configure ELK stack in conjunction with AWS and using Logstash to output data to AWS S3
- Written Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- Experience in user account management via LDAP, integrating active directory-based accounts with Linux using likewise.
- Built Jenkins jobs to create AWS infrastructure from GitHub repos containing terraform code.
- Utilized kubernetes and docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploy.
- Wrote custom puppet modules for managing the full application stack (Tomcat/httpd/MySQL/Java)
- Used Jenkins and pipelines to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes
- Hands on experience with Windows Azure, Cloud Services, Storage/Storage Accounts and Azure Traffic Manager
- Used Atlassian JIRA as ticketing tool for issue tracking and container management using Dockers .
- Created and updated Puppet manifests and modules, files, and packages stored in the GIT repository.
- Developed microservice onboarding tools leveraging Python and Jenkins allowing for easy creation and maintenance of build jobs and Kubernetes deploy and services
- Maintained and optimized AWS infrastructure (ELB’s, EC2, S3, EBS/Provisioned IOPS, AMI, RDS and Route53).
- Wrote Puppet code to provision infrastructure including LAMP stacks , Oracle middleware, Artifactory and Docker.
- Move development application from Docker containers and deploy into production Cloud Foundry environment.
- Installed, Deployed Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x/7.x, CentOS and installation of packages and patches for Red Hat Linux Servers.
- Worked on AWS Cloud platform and its features which include EC2, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation AWS Config, Autoscaling, CloudFront, IAM, S3.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Defined AWS Security Groups which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed reaching one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers such as EC2 and storage such as S3 buckets using AWS Cloud Watch.
- Configured AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) Groups and Users for improved login authentication. Provided policies to groups using policy generator and set different permissions based on the requirement along with providing Amazon Resource Name (ARN) .
- Worked on Installation/Configuration/Administration of VMware ESXi 5.5 & 6.0 and migrated existing servers into VMware Infrastructure.
- Worked on installation of Docker using Docker toolbox and creating the Docker containers, Docker consoles and Docker container images for managing the application life cycle by tagging and pushing the images.
- Worked on Docker engine and Docker Machine environments, to deploy the micro services-oriented environments for scalable applications, Docker swarm to host cluster and container scheduling, Docker compose to define multiple container applications.
- Worked on Installing and Configuring Ansible, creating and running playbooks for system configuration, and managing inventories. Used Ansible to automate system administration activities and processes on managed hosts.
- Launched Different EC2 Virtual Servers in public cloud using AWS Auto-scaling and prebaked Amazon Machine Images (AMI) through Ansible Playbooks and Roles to maintain the production environment all times highly available and managed the configurations of multiple servers using Ansible.
- Wrote different Ansible playbooks for installing, configuration, and upgrading different Applications on the Servers like Apache, Tomcat, Nginx, Jboss and Jetty.
- Experience in Installing, Configuring and Managing MySQL databases, Tomcat, JBOSS, WebLogic and WebSphere Application servers for deployments.
- Created and wrote shell scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python , and PowerShell for automating tasks.
- Good hands on experience in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable Artifacts such as War & Ear from Source Code.
- Responsible for installing Jenkins master and slave nodes. Configured Git with Jenkins and schedule jobs using POLL SCM option.
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT , Subversion (SVN) and TFS on Linux and windows platforms.
- Used Nagios as a monitoring tool to identify and resolve infrastructure problems before they affect critical processes and worked on Nagios Event handlers in case of automatic restart of failed applications and services.
- Involved in Installing, configuring and maintaining various network services including DNS, DHCP, FTP, NFS, SSH, SMTP.
- Administered Linux servers Linux (RHEL /5/6/7), for several functions including managing Apache/Tomcat server, mail server, MySQL database, and firewalls in both development and production.
- Install and configure hardware and Linux software to all servers in the network per specifications of clients.
- Provided security consulting on complex issues related to data access and integrity in relation to server migrations
- Assisted customers in identifying security risks to their applications and implementing appropriate data security procedures and products.
- Working knowledge of security policies and regulations pertaining to information security.
- Responsible for Patching Linux Servers. Installed removed and updated and querying packages using RPM &YUM in Red Hat Linux.
- Collaborated with the EMC and NetApp team for the storage requirements.
- Installing/configured EMC Storage with 0, 1& 5 RAID configurations.
- Installing Veritas Volume Manager, VCS Cluster Server for failover and for mirroring and raid level configurations on EMC storage frames.
- Responsible for development of ITIL based enterprise problem management policies, processes, targeted communication approach and escalation strategy
- Promoted implementation of ITIL based non-functional Service Design requirements within RUP development
- Monitored the servers and Linux scripts regularly and performed troubleshooting steps tested and installed the latest software on server for end-users.
- Performance monitoring and tuning of the applications and OS using, sar, vmstat Nagios, Chef and Puppet
- Install and configure various services like DHCP, NFS, DNS, Apache Web Server, NIS, LDAP, Samba, SSH, FTP/SFTP, Send mail/SMTP/Postfix, Telnet, RPM Package Management, File System Management.
- Develop Linux shell scripts to accomplish redundant tasks to simplify in distributed administration.
- Experience in Servers consolidation and virtualization using VMware virtual infrastructure, VMware ESX/ESXi, VMware vCenter.
- Migration and configuration of Red Hat Linux 5.1 on Dell Power Edge, HP Proliant.
- Migrated Physical Machines to Virtual Machines (P2V) using VMware converter.
- Expertise in creating VM Templates, cloning and managing Snapshots.
- Responsible for installation, Configuration and administration of Oracle10g/11g database on Linux and Windows 2003 Servers and an integral part of the backup and recovery.
- Installing and updating packages using YUM (custom YUM servers/repositories) and Red Hat Satellite Server.
- Experience in performing, uploading and upgrading new firmware on the Interconnects and Chassis
- Experience in hardening, Linux Server and Compiling, Building and installing Apache Server.
- Worked on configuring NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, FTP, FSTP, Telnet and RAID levels.
- Patch management of servers and maintaining server's environment in Development/QA /Staging / Production.
- Creating and Closing Service Requests Tickets such as Change/Incident/Task.