Network Engineer experienced in maximizing network performance. Demonstrated this ability through monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades, and collaborating with network architects on network optimization. Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies through defining and monitoring access. Worked in the financial industry supporting traders and related vendor support. Ensure the integrity of high availability network infrastructure to provide maximum performance for the trade environment.
CORE COMPETENCIES INCLUDE:
- Team Leader
- Systems Redesign
- Cisco Switches and Routers
- Networks and Systems
- Client Vendor Relations
- Network Infrastructure
- Support Systems
- Industry Knowledge
- Policies and Procedures
Hardware: Routers (ASR 1001x &1002x 4431 & 4451 ), Switches (Nexus 9K, 7010 & 5500, 2k, ), switches, Cisco 49xx, 35xx, 29xx, 5500 series, Juniper SRX 5800 firewalls, Cisco ASA 5585 firewall, Cisco PIX fwsm’s), Check Point 4800 firewalls, Aruba Series 3600, 650 AP’s 125, 135, 225, Juniper, Netscout PFS 3900, Infinistream, Desktops (HP, Dell), Servers (Compaq), Laptops (Toshiba, IBM, HP), Modems, Network Cards, Printers, Scanners and other peripherals
Network / Protocols: VRF’s, VDC’s, LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, WINS, DNS, DHCP, Ethernet, SMTP, VPN, NAT, RIP2, IGRP, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, VLANS, ACL’s
Software: Infoblox, Juniper Pulse Secure, Solarwinds, Kiwi,. Airwave 220.127.116.11, Microsoft Office Suite 2010, I.E., Chrome, Firefox, Trend Micro, VPN Nortel Networks, DOS, Microsoft Exchange, Symantec
Confidential, New York, NY
Lead Network Engineer
- Solutions - oriented IT Professional with proven success designing, implementing and integrating cost-effective, high-performance technical solutions to meet challenging business
- Designed, implemented and troubleshot Cisco solutions utilizing Catalyst Switches, ASA’s, Routers.
- Worked with Incident Management to diagnose and troubleshoot enterprise issues.
- Designed, implemented and troubleshot Cisco solutions utilizing Catalyst Switches, ASAs, Routers for rebuild of network infrastructure after 9/11.
- Converted core switch from Cat OS to IOS for redesign of core network with Cisco Nexus Environment.
- Migrated UCS extranet environment utilizing Cisco ASA 5550.
- Utilized change management to minimize any impact on the network.
- Implemented Layer 3 Core, VLANS, Voice VLANs and basic QoS.
- Implemented, analyzed, optimized, troubleshooting and documentation of LAN/WAN network systems.
- Documented all changes to network environment, switch configurations.
- Provided network support for Disaster recovery exercises.
- Support of Trading Platform - Charles River for both Fixed Income and Equity Traders
- Support of FIX trading on Extranet
Senior Network Engineer
- Established networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation, defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Maximized network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades, and collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Secured network system by establishing and enforcing policies and defining and monitoring access.
Help Desk Support
- Performed diagnostics and troubleshooting of system issues, document help desk tickets and provide resolutions, and maintained equipment inventory lists.
- Diagnosed system errors and other issues.
- Maintained PCs, printers and fax machines.
- Escalated service questions to appropriate client representatives.
- Provided help desk support to end - users.
- Created, responded to, escalated, and closed tickets. Tracked all outstanding tickets, working closely with Tier II Technician to ensure problems were resolved in a timely manner.