- Over 7+ years of professional experience in Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Redhat Linux, Ubuntu and Windows on various hardware platforms and over 5 years in DevOps tools like SVN, GIT, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes and AWS/Azure/GCP cloud.
- Working Experience on Azure Cloud Services, Azure Storage, SQL Azure and in different PaaS Solutions with Web, and worker Roles and Azure Web Apps.
- Strong Experience in Micro services architecture and Migration of all servers from on - premises to Docker/Kubernetes container technologies in Azure.
- Hands on experience on Azure VPN-Point to Site, Virtual networks, Azure Custom security, end security and firewall. Used Azure Express Route to set up a private connection to Microsoft cloud services such as a Microsoft Azure, Office 365, and Dynamic 365.
- Experienced in automating, configuring and deploying instances on Azure , AWS , and Rackspace cloud environments and Data centers with in depth knowledge on ELK Stacks such as Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana.
- Involved in migrating physical Linux/Windows servers to Cloud (AWS) and testing.
- Built servers using AWS Cloud Formation scripts: Importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, assigning roles and policies via IAM, implementing Auto-Scaling, load balancers (ELBs), Security groups in the defined Virtual Private Connection.
- Created and maintained Highly Available Fault Tolerant Infrastructure Security services as virtual firewalls to control the traffic on EC2 instances for multitude of applications utilizing the Amazon Web Services focusing on auto-scaling . Migrating on premise Database Servers to AWS Cloud using AWS DMS. Developed Python modules to automate processes in AWS ( AWS Cloud Formation).
- Implemented AWS Lambda functions to run scripts in response to event in Amazon Dynamo DB table or S3 bucket or to HTTP requests using Amazon API Gateway.
- Expertise with Docker images using a Docker file, worked on container snapshots, removing Images and managing Docker volumes. Orchestration of Docker images and Containers using Kubernetes by creating master and node.
- Experience on Ansible and Ansible Tower to automate repetitive tasks, to deploy critical applications quickly, and proactively manage the changes and wrote many playbooks to manage Web applications. Experience in installing and configuring the Ansible management node to deploy the configuration to the end user nodes.
- Created Shell scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python , Groovy, YAML and Power Shell for automating tasks.
- Experience in Configuring and Managing logging and monitoring tools such as Nagios, AppDynamics, Prometheus, SumoLogic, Splunk, ELK.
- Involved in using Terraform and Ansible, migrate legacy and monolithic systems to Azure and managing Ubuntu and RHEL virtual servers on Azure by creating Ansible Nodes.
- Expertise in using Chef attributes, Chef templates, Chef recipes and Chef files for managing the configurations across various nodes, build, design and maintain the platform automation using Chef and Involved in setting up Chef Workstation, Nodes, Cookbooks, and Recipes using Ruby Scripting.
- Used Jenkins as Code Deploy plugin to deploy to Azure and extensively worked on other tools like Bamboo, Hudson, and Cruise Control for continuous integration and for all end to end automation functions with all build and deployments.
- Integrated Jenkins with Docker container using Cloud bees Docker pipeline plugin and provisioned the EC2 instance using Amazon EC2 plugin.
- Experience leveraging TFS (Team Foundation Server) environments using Visual Studio, .NET and Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience in working on version control systems like Subversion and GIT, clear case, Stash used Source code management client tools like Visual SVN, Tortoise SVN, Stash, Source Tree, GIT Bash, GitHub, GIT GUI and other command line applications etc.
- Experience in JIRA for ticketing and as well as defect tracking system and configure various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for JIRA bug/issue tracker, integrated Jenkins with JIRA, GitHub, Maven.
- Experience in all phases of Software development life cycle (SDLC) with focus on the build and release of quality software and good at Waterfall model, Agile Methodology (Scrum and Kanban).
- Expertise in Linux/UNIX system builds, administration, Installations, Upgrades, Troubleshooting on different distributions such as Ubuntu, CentOS, Red Hat, RHEL 4.x/5.x/6.x2.
- Expertise in dealing with Linux Utilities: KICKSTART, SSH, FTP, autofs, Quota Management, wrappers, User Management, Process Management, Memory Management, and Text processing tools. Log Management, Package Management, Disk Management and Swap Partition/Files Management.
Operating System: Linux, Windows, MacOS, Unix, Solaris
CI and CD Build Tools: ANT, Maven, Hudson, Jenkins, Bamboo, Spinnaker
Cloud Platforms: AWS, Azure, GCP
Version Control Tools: GIT, GitHub, Subversion, Bitbucket, CVS, ClearCase
Automation/ Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
Monitoring and Logging Tools: Nagios, Splunk, ELK, Datadog, Dynatrace
Containerization Tools: Kubernetes, Docker, Docker Swarm, OpenShift
Testing and Ticketing Tools: SonarQube, Selenium, JIRA, ServiceNow, Remedy ConnectWise
Windows Hyper: V, VMWare ESXi, Virtual Box, vCenter, vSphere, Power VM
Programming Languages and Scripting: Python, Java, C, Shell Scripting, Ruby Scripting, PowerShell, YAML, Perl
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, XML, AJAX
Database Systems: Oracle 10g/9i, SQL Server, MySQL, NoSQL (Mongo DB, Cassandra)
Application/Web Server: Tomcat, Apache, IIS, Oracle, WebLogic
Networking/Protocols: DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS, WAN, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP, TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, VLAN, ARP, TLS, SSL
Confidential, Dhuram, NC
Sr. Azure Cloud/DevOps Engineer
- Involved in creating the Azure Services with Virtual Machine. Involved in developing the Azure Solution and Services like IaaS and PaaS. Managed Azure Infrastructure Web Roles, Worker Roles, Storage, Azure AD Licenses, Office365. Created Cache Memory on Windows Azure to improve the performance of data transfer between SQL Azure and WCF services.
- Used Azure Express Route to set up a private connection to Microsoft cloud services such as a Microsoft Azure and Dynamic 365.Configured Azure Virtual Networks, subnets, DHCP address blocks, Azure network settings, DNS settings, security policies and routing. Azure API Management, Security, Cloud-to-Cloud Integration (Public, Private)
- Extensive experience in Azure E3 Enterprise Mobility Suite of tools in MFA (Multi-Factor Authentication) and Intune. Build Data Sync job on Windows Azure to synchronize data from SQL 2012 databases to SQL Azure. Azure IoT hub, event hub, service bus and integration patterns.
- Developed a conical map/reduce-like architectural pattern that that is designed to leverage the Azure platform. Work in progress on POC to migrate to Windows Azure to address scalability and performance issues. Implemented high availability with Azure Classic and Azure Resource Manager deployment models.
- Converted .Net application to Microsoft Azure Cloud Service Project a part of cloud deployment. Migrated SQL Server 2008 database to Windows Azure Redis and updating the Connection Strings based on Windows Azure SQL Database. Experienced with deployments, Maintenance and troubleshooting applications on Microsoft Cloud infrastructure Azure .
- Used Terraform to reliably version and create infrastructure on Azure . Created resources, using Azure Terraform modules, and automated infrastructure management.
- Similar infrastructure is deployed to Azure and additional cloud providers or on-premises datacenters using Terraform and managed infrastructure on multiple cloud providers.
- Used both Splunk for monitoring and analyzing log information. Experienced in Troubleshooting. Splunk search, quotas, monitor Inputs, WMI Issues, Splunk crash logs and Alert scripts.
- Designing and Setting-Up the Splunk Architecture in the organization and creating Applications on Splunk to analyze the Big Data. Design and write code to develop and maintain systems which power Splunk multi-tenant services hosted in the public cloud.
- Used Azure Kubernetes Service to deploy a managed Kubernetes cluster in Azure and created an AKS cluster in the Azure portal, with the Azure CLI, also used template driven deployment options such as Resource Manager templates and Terraform .
- Experience with Open Shift, Kubernetes architecture and design, troubleshooting issues with platform components Azure , and developing global or multi-regional deployment models and patterns for large-scale developments and deployments on Cloud Foundry, Open Shift and Kubernetes .
- Managed host Kubernetes environment, making it quick and easy to deploy and manage containerized applications without container orchestration expertise.
- Configured applications that run multi-container Docker applications by utilizing the Docker-Compose tool which uses a file configured in YAML format. Used Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, Config-Maps, selector, Services and deployed application containers as Pods.
- Designed strategies for optimizing all aspect of the continuous integration, release and deployment processes using container and virtualization techniques like Docker and Kubernetes. Built Docker containers using microservices project and deploy to Dev.
- Installed Docker Registry for local upload and download of Docker images and from Docker Hub and created Docker files to automate the process of capturing and using the images.
- Worked on Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles. Created inventory in Ansible for automating the continuous deployment. Configured the servers, deployed software, and orchestrated continuous deployments or zero downtime rolling updates.
- Implemented Ansible Tower for managing complex network deployments by adding control, knowledge and delegation to Ansible powered environments. Wrote Ansible Playbooks using Python SSH as Wrapper for Managing Configurations of my servers, Nodes, Test Playbooks on Azure instances using Python .
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible Playbooks and has integrated Ansible with Jenkins .
- Created Ansible cloud modules for interacting with Azure services which provides the tools to easily create and orchestrate infrastructure on Azure and automated cloud-native applications in Azure using Azure microservices such as Azure functions and Kubernetes on Azure .
- Extensively worked on Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) process by automating build on time basis using Jenkins . Designed the project workflows/pipelines using Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into different Web/Application Server.
- Involved in the functional usage and deployment of applications in WebLogic, WebSphere, IIS and Apache Tomcat Server.
- Created a resource group, storage account, and Azure Files in cloud Shell using PowerShell . Created Power Shell scripts to automate the Azure Cloud system creation including end-to-end infrastructure, VMs, storage, firewall rules.
- Virtual Machine Backup and Recover from a Recovery Services Vault using Azure Cloud Shell and Portal. Used Power Shell for troubleshooting remote management of Azure Virtual Machines.
- Used Git as Source code Manager, Phabricator for code review, Git repository hosting, bug tracking, project management, team collaboration tool, Arcanist as a command line interface to Phabricator to create Lint’s for reviewing code.
- Worked with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA. Generated reports using JIRA for creating projects, assigning permissions to users and groups for the project and created mail handlers and notifications schemes for JIRA.
Environment: Azure (Web Roles, Worker Roles, SQL Azure, Azure Storage, Azure AD, Resource Groups, Office365, RBAC), OpenStack, Chef 13.x/12.x, Ansible 2.4, Docker 1.13.1/1.12.6, Kubernetes 1.8/1.7, Maven3.5.x, Jenkins 2.10x, GIT-2.1x/2.x, Cassandra 2.x/3.0, AEM 6.2/6.0, Python 3.6, Jira 6.4.
Confidential, Pleasanton, CA
Cloud/DevOps Support Engineer
- Created and maintained Highly Available and Fault Tolerant infrastructure in Amazon VPC using EC2 with Elastic load balancing and Auto scaling groups in AWS cloud. Created AWS Config stack in Cloud Formation that will monitor everything going in on AWS account.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure in various resources like VPC, EC2, RDB, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group , Auto Scaling, SES, SNS and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates. Migrating on premise Database Servers to AWS Cloud using AWS DMS.
- Worked with various AWS EC2 and S3 CLI tools . Worked on setting up the life cycle policies to back the data from AWS S3 to AWS Glacier Experienced in Amazon EC2 setting up instances, virtual private cloud (VPCs), and security groups.
- Worked in EBS Encryption, S3, and data at rest and data in transit. Created Python scripts to automate AWS Services which includes ELB, Cloud front, Lambda, database security and application configuration also Developed them to take backup of EBS volumes using AWS Lambda, CloudWatch.
- Configured AWS Identity & Access Management (IAM) by managing the users new accounts, roles and groups. Supported AWS Cloud environment with AWS instances and configured Elastic IP and Elastic storage.
- Installed/configured/maintained/administrated the network servers DNS, NIS, NFS, Send mail and
- application server Apache, my, JBOSS, Web logic, Oracle E-business suite and Samba on Linux.
- Using Kubernetes, I have controlled and automated application deployments and updates and orchestrated deployment. Managed Docker containers with multiple name spaced versions. Used Heapster monitoring platform on Kubernetes to report detailed resource usage information.
- Developed Networking policies for Docker containers. Worked on open source development tools like Docker Containers, Mesos and Kubernetes .
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes , Linux , Bash, GIT , Docker , on AWS . Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploy.
- Configured EC2 instances by writing Terraform templates, Chef cookbooks, recipes and pushed them on to Chef server. Wrote Lambda functions in Python for AWS Lambda and invoked Python scripts for data transformations and analytics on large data sets in EMR clusters and AWS Kinesis data streams.
- Automated the cloud deployments using Chef, Python and AWS Cloud Formation Templates and configured Chef to build up services and applications on the instances once they have been configured using Cloud Formation.
- Using Chef , deployed and configured Elastic Search, LogStash and Kibana ( ELK ) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and Cloud Watch.
- Wrote Terraform scripts to automate AWS services which include Web servers, ELB, Cloud Front distribution, Database, EC2, database security groups and S3 bucket.
- Implemented the Chef cookbook SSSD to automate the integration process between RHEL and windows AD using Kerberos key tab file. Highly Involved in configuring, monitoring multi-platform servers by defining Chef server from workstation to manage and configure Chef nodes.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI’s, whenever a GitHub branch gets started, Jenkins, our Continuous Integration server, automatically attempts to build a new Docker container from it. Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
- Creating Python scripts to fully automate AWS services which includes ELB, Cloud Front Distribution, EC2, Security Groups and S3. This script creates stacks, single servers and joins web servers to stacks. Expert knowledge in bash Shell scripting and automation of cron jobs.
- Integrating Defect tracking tool JIRA with Confluence and Jenkins CI server for identifying, logging and, tracking and documenting defects/issues in real-time.
- Experienced in branching, tagging, and maintaining the version control systems across the environments using SCM tool like GitHub.
- Used log monitoring tool called ELK to see log information. Implemented new ELK cluster for enterprise logging.
- Configuring and managing an ELK stack, set up the elastic search ELK Stack to collect search and analyze log files from across the servers and integration of Application with monitoring tool New Relic for complete insight and proactive monitoring.
- System configuration/hardening using IP tables, SE Linux, TCP Wrappers, ACL and traditional permission on Linux servers as well as restricting access to terminals, disabling unnecessary services and securing.
Environment: AWS (EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, Code Deploy, Code Commit, Elastic search, Lambda, API Gateway, Route 53 (DNS), ECS, Cloud Formation, RDS, Dynamo DB, Load Balancers, CloudWatch, SNS, SES, SQS, IAM, RedShift, Ops Works), Maven, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenStack, Jenkins, GIT, Python, Datadog, Jira.
Confidential, Louisville, KY
- Migrated on premise Database Servers to AWS Cloud using AWS DMS. Supported AWS Cloud environment with AWS instances and configured Elastic IP and Elastic storage. Cloud and system virtualization platforms and tools ( AWS , VMWare, Docker , Vagrant).
- Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant, auto scaling Kubernetes AWS infrastructure and microservice container orchestration.
- Developed, evaluated and documented the installation of Splunk for management purpose. Created alerts, Schedule searches and Dashboards using Post Process Search in Splunk.
- Loaded data sources into Splunk including Syslog and log files. Monitored and troubleshoot network in Linux and Windows servers using Splunk.
- Created infrastructure in a coded manner (infrastructure as code) using Chef for configuration management of virtual environments, and Vagrant for virtual machine and resource control. Deployed and configured Chef Server including bootstrapping of Chef Client nodes for provisioning.
- Maintained Chef Servers and management application that can use Service Now data to bring computers into a desired state by managing files, services, packages installed on physical or virtual machines.
- Created Chef Cookbooks and modules to automate system operations. Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch. Created Chef Automation tools and builds to do an overall process improvement for any processes.
- Worked on continuous integration tool like Jenkins for End to End automation for all build and deployments. Experienced in setting up Jobs for Plugin Management, Build/Deploy pipeline setup and User management.
- Automated testing build and deployment by developing and maintaining the processes and associated scripts/tools. Implemented continuous integration using Jenkins master and slave configuration. Configured security to Jenkins and added multiple nodes for continuous deployments.
- Maintained Artifacts in binary repositories using JFrog Artifactory and pushed new Artifacts by configuring the Jenkins project Jenkins Artifactory plugin.
- Created scripts in Python to automate log rotation of multiple logs from web servers and wrote Python scripts to automate the process of adding ssh-keys, generating passwords in Python.
- Used MAVEN as a build tool for Java projects and written Maven POM files from scratch for multi-module projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Installed, Configured, and Managed Monitoring Tools such as Nagios for Resource Monitoring/ Network Monitoring. Automated Nagios alerts and email notifications using Python script and executed them through Chef.
- Maintained Bitbucket Repositories which includes Jenkins and JIRA Integration, creating new repositories, enabling GIT to ignore, branching, merging, creating pull requests and the access control strategies from Bitbucket.
- Worked on the installation and configuration of the monitoring tool Nagios and implemented Nagios core for monitoring Infrastructure resources and Utilized Jira for issue reporting, status, and activity planning.
- Involved in setting up Jira as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for the Jira bug/issue tracker and Resolved update, merge and password authentication issues in Jenkins and Jira.
Environment: Ant, Maven, Bit Bucket, Aws, S3, Ec2, EBS, AMI, Nagios, Subversion, Puppet, Power Shell, VMware, Windows, OpenStack, Shell/Perl, SCM, GIT, CVS, Jenkins, Tomcat, Jira, Oracle.
Build and Release Engineer
- Responsible for the building and deploying the artifacts into DEV, SIT, and QA Environments.
- Created and maintained build automation Shell, managed building fixes, merges, release cuts as needed, Written scripts for environment changes in Bash and Perl for WebSphere mapping modules to the enterprise application.
- Used Puppet and Urban code deploy tool for application delivery automation and written scripts in Ruby to manage deployment automation.
- Configured Jenkins to build Java Code using Meta Case Software and done C.I process on the Java code generated.
- Used MAVEN to automate the build process. Configured and automated the Jenkins Build jobs for Continuous Integration. Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
- Experienced in setting up Jobs for Plugin Management, Build/Deploy pipeline setup and User management.
- Responsible for the EBFs (Emergency Bug Fixes) to push them to different environments and monitor their status.
- Performed Merges for each build from Development Branch to Integration Branch. Created the Release Management plan with the implementation schedule.
- Involved in Building and configuring Red Hat Linux Servers using Kickstart server as required for the project. Maintained maximum uptime and maximum performance capacity for enterprise production, QA and UAT/staging.
- Configured and maintained common Linux applications such as Apache, active, NFS, DHCP, BIND, SSH, and SNMP.
- Responsible for administration and maintenance of the Active Directory infrastructure and LDAP enabled security integration.
Environment: Java/J2ee, Ant, Maven, Subversion, UNIX, SVN, VMware, Virtual box Windows, Chef, CVS, GIT, Remedy, Tomcat, Jenkins, PL SQL, Python, Perl.
- Implemented, configured and deployed new patches, upgrades, bug fixes on both physical and virtual Red Hat Linux servers using satellite server and YUM server.
- Installed, configured and maintained application Server like WebSphere and Web Servers like Web Logic, Apache HTTP and Tomcat on UNIX and Linux .
- Have tested various Linux Environments in the Development/Test Stages to help create a better standardized environment and resolutions of any problems if any occurred. Experience in Shell scripts (Bash) for automating tasks for scheduling.
- Performed the daily system administration tasks like managing system resources and end users support operations and security. Scripting for password-less SSH to multiple servers.
- Expertise in deployment of Routers, Switches, Hubs, Firewalls, IDS, load balancers, VPN Concentrators . Working on volume / File system management using LVM .
- Worked on VMware for Virtual server builds, increasing memory, CPU, adding disks, Maintenance on ESX hosts VM and server/storage migrations
- Use VMware vSphere vCenter Update Manager to apply patches to virtual machines and Virtual Private Networking (VPN) tools and techniques to maintain these VM's.
Environment: Red hat Linux, Disk partitioning, TCP/IP, Cron Jobs, Veritas Volume Manager, Samba, NFS, NIS, LVM, ANT, SVN.
- Installation, administration, implementation, testing and maintenance of complex and heterogeneous networks consisting of Linux (Red Hat), Sun Solaris 8/9/10, Ubuntu, SuSE.
- Installation, configuration, and management of SAMP (Solaris/Apache/MySQL/PHP) and LAMP (Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP) stacks.
- Monitoring CPU, memory, iSCSI disks, disk controllers, physical disk, HW and SW RAID, multipath, file systems, network using the tools NAGIOS and BMC Tools.
- Installed and configured Disk and file system management using Logical Volume Manager (LVM) for Linux systems.
- Extensive knowledge in File & Print Server, IIS, FTP, Terminal Server and Responsible for configuring networking concepts like NIS, NFS, SAMBA, LDAP, SSH, FTP, SFTP, SNMP, DNS, DHCP, troubleshooting network problems such as TCP/IP, supporting users in solving their problems.
- Experience in Installing, upgrading, and configuring RedHat Linux 5.x using Kickstart Servers and Interactive Installation. Use SeLinux policies when there is a trouble pulling a web app through apache.
- Develop, update and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) documentation.
Environment: Linux/Unix, VMware, SuSE, Ubuntu, MySQL, Apache, SAMP, LAMP. RAID, NAGIOS, BMC, DNS, VERITAS file System, SAN, NFS, SAMBA, LDAP, SSH, FTP, SFTP, SNMP, DHC