- Over 18 years of network experience in Financial and Insurance industry.
- Design and implement Cloud connectivity to O365,Azure and AWS.
- Design and implement Enterprise DMZ infrastructures.
- Design and implement redundant Network solutions with third parties.
- Maintain time - critical networks for trading applications.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Detail-oriented, multi-tasker with strong organizational skills.
- Work effectively independently or as a part of a team.
- My work has been recognized by regular bonuses, performance awards and promotions.
Networking: VSS,VPC,VDC,VRF,HSRP/MHSRP,STP,Trunking Private Vlans, NAT,Ether-channels,Flexwans,TCP/IP, SPAN,RSPAN,Routing protocols (Eigrp BGP OSPF and RIP),DHCP, F-5 3DNS,Multicast,SIP
Software: Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP, Cisco IOS, Lotus notes, Exchange,MS Office, Visio 2005, Remedy, Vitalnet
Hardware: Cisco Routers (ASR, ISR,2800,7200)
Confidential, New Jersey
- Design and Implement Cloud connectivity to O365 and Amazon
- Implemented dual 10 gig redundant links to Microsoft 365
- Work with Equinix on installing hardware in their cage
- Use Equinix portal to bring up the layer 2 connections
- User Microsoft Portal and PowerShell to bring up layer 3
- User Amazon Portal to bring up Layer 3 connectivity
- Build redundant link using bi directional nats on ASA
- Turn over the portal to business areas to enable VM
- Design and Implement DMZ infrastructure in new Datacenters
- Review Requirements for new build using bandwidth and port requirements and growth
- Draft the build on Visio and review with team and Mgmt.
- Use cisco build tool and generate a Hardware quote for Mgmt.
- Once the Hardware arrives check codes against cisco bug report and update as necessary
- Or ship the Hardware directly and configure using console
- Provided a detailed network/cable diagram to site contact and troubleshoot as needed
- Connect the infrastructure to the core implement tacacs+ and turn it over to Operations.
- Train/Review with operation any new functionalities with new Infrastructure
- Design and Implement B2B connections with third parties
- Attend kick-off meeting and gather all the necessary application requirements
- Design the b2b network using the application, network availability, bandwidth and costs in mind.
- Implement the design and test all applications.
- Clearly document in detail the design and turnover the connection to 24x7 operations for Tier-2 support.
- Review all the connections periodically and look for cost savings by reducing the bandwidth on circuits, consolidating multiple circuits into two, suggesting using internet vpn as back-up instead of 50Mg Ethernet circuit.
- Provide Tier-3 support for all Extranet WAN connections
- Troubleshoot network issues utilizing Wireshark.
- Trouble-shoot Mpls,10Mg Ethernet on the switches and also interpret the results
- Trouble-shoot HSRP and routing protocols RIP EIGRP,OSPF and BGP
- Trouble-shoot VPN issues
- Use Vitalnet to capture bandwidth utilization on circuits
- Document resolutions in REMEDY for all the tickets that are opened by Tier-2
- Create ticket in REMEDY as necessary for any and all changes being implemented on devices
- Escalate issues to Cisco using their web tool TAC Case
- Day to day operations include firewall ACLs, switch port add/changes, diagnose wan performance issues, administer monitoring systems
- Deployed Isolated DMZ that Isolates non-employees’ VDI behind a pair of ASA.
- Deployed Nexus 5k pair w/ L3 module and FEX for connectivity to support VMware blades for VDI
- Deploy CDA that links to AD and provides Firewall user identity for ACL support.
- Implement DNS Doctoring to support vendors that do not want to route RFC1918 address
- EOL Datacenter (DMZ) Upgrade from 6500 running FWSM to 6800 VSS switches with ASA’s
- Perform a Major ASA code upgrade from 8.4 to 9.2 on pair of ASA with approx. 30 vendors.
- Implement VRF’s to isolate Customers and then Leak vrf if customers need to communicate.
- Plan and implement Hardware upgrades across the enterprise with scheduled downtime
- Configure routers and switches to handle multicast traffic (Pim and igmp joins)
- Configure PBR, MSRP on customer facing routers to for redundancy
- Configure and maintain Cisco routers (7000, 262x and 3640 series) with BGP,EIGRP, and RIP as a routing Protocol
- Configure Private Vlans, VACL, Ether channel, QOS.
- Engineer multiple site to site VPNs to vendors over IPSEC.
- Engineer third party connections with private leased lines (10gig,50mg,T1,T3, MPLS and ISDN)
- Configure Virtual IP pools on 3-DNS for seamless failovers
- Set up quarterly meetings with the team to review new technologies.