- Information Security Engineer with 5 (Five) years of experience in Penetration Testing, Incident Reponses and SIEM tools.
- Hands on experience in working with Penetration testing tools like, Metasploit, Nessus, Nmap.
- Experience in cryptography concept like, Public Key Infrastructure, SSL, Certification.
- Knowledge over SIEM tools like Splunk, Qradar.
- Good understanding and knowledge over OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities
- CSRF (Cross Site Request Forgery), XSS (Cross Site Scripting), SQL Injection.
- Experience in Palo Alto and Checkpoint firewalls.
- Working knowledge over Kali Linux, Information gathering tools Cain and Abel, Snort (IDS/IPS), App Scan
- Certification in CCNA Security and CCNA Routing and Switching
- Basic understanding on Python and Shell Scripting.
- Analyze network traffic with Nmap and Wireshark.
- Experience with enterprise - class security products such as web proxy, reverse proxy, load balancing, IDS/IPS, DLP, Firewall, IPsec/SSL VPN, WAN/LAN, wireless and remote connectivity.
- Familiar with network protocols FTP, NAT, VPN, VLANs, HTTP, HTTPS, IPv6
- In-depth understanding of emerging threats, vulnerabilities, and exploits.
- Strong attention to detail in conducting forensic analysis combined with an ability to accurately record full documentation in support of the investigation.
- A quick learner with strong interpersonal and collaboration skills and the ability to develop maintain and foster constructive relationships with others
IDS/IPS Tools: Snort, OSSEC
Web Scanning Tools: Burp Suite Pro, AppScan Worked with wireless and password
cracking tools: Aircrack, Cain and Abel
Packet sniffing tools: Wireshark, tcpdump, Cain and Abel.
Exploitation/Penetration tools: Metasploit, Nmap, Nessus, OSSEC.
Operating Systems: Kali Linux, iOS, Windows 7,8,10
Worked with encryption tools: VeraCrypt, OpenSSL, OpenVPN.
SIEM and other tools: Splunk, QRadar
Confidential, Pennington, NJ
Information Security Engineer
- Managed security tools provide system administrative support and maintain and upgrade tool sets
- Managed and executed multi-level responses and addresses reported or detected incidents
- Performed information security incident response and incident handling based on risk categorization and in accordance with established procedures
- Identifying incidents and make recommendations to protect the network using Nmap, Nessus and Wireshark
- Assist in the administration and integration of security tools (SIEM) to include new data/log sources, expanding network visibility and automation
- Performed social engineering attacks using kali Linux and Metasploit to identify the security vulnerabilities in the system.
- Worked on identifying the levels of vulnerabilities on applications (High, Medium and Low) in order to provide overall security posture and prioritize the issues which are at high level based on OWASP Top 10.
- Identifying OWASP Top 10 Issues identifications like SQL Injection, CSRF, XSS and Unvalidated redirects and forwards etc.
Confidential, Garfield, NJ
Information Security Engineer
- Analyzed and determined root cause of security breaches and changed security controls
- Performed data processing systems testing and penetration testing
- Performed security analysis for all client computing systems and the network infrastructure.
- Installing firewall, anti-virus software, and data encryption programs
- Complex troubleshooting to include network protocol and log analysis, raw data captures, and the correlation of disparate events spanning multiple devices and platforms.
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Responsible to issue and revoke certificates requested by customers in Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Contributed to research and evaluation/recommendations of new technologies such as Palo Alto firewalls.
- Worked on DNS made easy web service app to create external DNS public IP domain entries for corporate URL’s.
- Worked on troubleshooting the firewall logs stored on Q-radar tool and filter them to resolve the issues.
- Worked with customers to solve access issues by performing packet tracer and capture scripts on firewall.
Network Security Engineer
- Experience in different VPN platforms, IPSec, SSL& Web VPN.
- Troubleshoot traffic passing managed firewalls via logs and packet captures
- Created standard access lists to allow SNMP, NTP and logging servers.
- ARP inspection, trunk/access ports, Ether channels, RSPT, QoS, port security, service policy, routing tables, VPN, among other features.
- Implementation and maintained intrusion detection/ prevention (IDS/IPS) system to protect enterprise network and sensitive corporate data. For Fine-tuning of TCP and UDP enabled IDS/IPS signatures in Firewall.
- Configuration the access-list rules, network object-service group based on well-known port the port i.e. FTP/SFTP, SSH, HTTPS/HTTPS (SSL)
- Worked with different vendors and implement Site-to- Site VPNs over the Internet.
- Managed network IP access via Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Configured Easy VPN server and SSLVPN to facilitate various employees' access internal servers and resources with access restrictions.
- Configured NAT and Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) for Network Security implementation.
- Provided technical assistance for LAN/WAN management & troubleshooting and complex customer issues.
- Involved in L2/L3 Switching technology administration including creating and maintaining VLANs, Port security, Trunking, STP, inter-VLAN routing, LAN security.
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Performed troubleshooting on slow network connectivity issues, routing issues involved OSPF, BGP and identifying the root cause of the issues.
- Troubleshoot issues on Cisco Nexus 7k, Catalyst switches (6500, 4500, 3750) and Routers
- Performed smart hand support by identifying the root cause of the hardware issues with switches and routers
- Operational support of routing/switching protocols in complex environments including BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, Spanning Tree, 802.1q, etc.
- Restoring network down situation.
- Assisted Cisco clients during Maintenance window and high priority changes
- Troubleshoot router/switch crashes, recovery and upgrades.
- Assisting Cisco partners and customers in configuration and troubleshooting network issues.
- Troubleshoot QOS on Routers and Switches.
- Set up SPAN on Cisco switches for monitoring the traffic
- Troubleshoot packet loss
- Understanding the topology and analyzing the root cause of the issue