- 7+ years of experience in Information Technology as System/Network Administrator and IT technician.
- Hands on experience in configuring Cisco 4000, 3800, 2800, 1900 series ISR routers and Cisco Catalyst 2960, 3750, 3850, 3550, 6500 switches.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting EIGRP, OSPF and RIPv2. Understanding and experience in configuring BGP.
- Hands on experience in HP switches including H3C A5800, 5700, 5900 and HP Procurve switches.
- DMVPN and GRE configuration over IPsec.
- LAN redundancy using Cisco proprietary HSRP and industrial standard VRRP.
- Knowledge of implementing and troubleshooting complex layer 2 technologies such as VLAN Trunk/Tagged, VTP, Ether channel, STP, PVST, RSTP and MST. Implementation of HSRP, VRRP for Default Gateway Redundancy.
- AAA configuration on routers and switches using TACACS+ and Radius.
- Hands on experience to support high - end servers in Data Center on their network connectivity, hardware troubleshooting and replacement.
- Extensive experience in Windows server 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012 R2 installation, configuration and troubleshooting.
- DNS and DHCP configuration on Windows 2008 R2 and 2012 R2.
- Involved in troubleshooting of DNS, DHCP and other IP conflict problems.
- Excellent in documentation and updating client’s network documentation using Visio 2013/2010.
- Installation and troubleshooting of Linux flavors like Redhat, Ubuntu LTS and Fedora.
- Hands on experience in installation, configuration and troubleshooting VMware ESXi 5.5 server.
- Basic installation and troubleshooting for Mac OS X and Maverick.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, Windows XP installation, troubleshooting for end users.
- Experience in handling Active Directory Services, Active Directory Group Policy Objects (GPO), Group Policy Management Console (GPMC), DHCP, DNS, WINS and File Server for Windows 2003/2008/2008 R2/2012 R2.
- Performed installation and configuration of Remote Installation services (RIS), and proxy firewall software.
- Utilized open source tool to create software package and deployed over the network on user’s systems.
- Install, upgrade and patch Operating Systems and applications.
- Maintain infrastructure related documents and update changes when required.
- Set up backup servers for DHCP, DNS, and Print servers for Business continuity.
- Successfully setup WSUS service to provide regular updates to high-end servers and end-user systems.
- Prepared and maintained knowledge based documents for ease support to end users and teammates.
- Scheduled regular backup for DNS, DHCP and File servers.
- Very good knowledge in physical SAN connectivity from servers to Quantum and Qualstar tape library.
- Worked/Assisted NetApp technician on NetApp filer DIMM, motherboard and HDD replacement.
- Excellent customer management/resolution, problem solving, debugging skills and capable of quickly learning, effectively analyzes results and implement and delivering solutions as an individual and as part of a team.
Confidential, Mt Laurel, NJ
- Configure Cisco Routers (ISR 4331, 4321, 1841, 2801), Cisco switches (2960, 2960X, 3750, 3850).
- Troubleshoot EIGRP and OSPF configuration.
- Working knowledge of Cisco Firewall (5510, 5520 and 5505).
- Troubleshoot the Network issue at client location.
- HSRP, track interface using IP SLA.
- Configure and install Sprint 3G/4G modem and troubleshoot remotely.
- Configure and troubleshoot wireless access points including lightweight, Cisco mobility Express and Standalone (1242, 1602, and 1852).
- Hands on Experience on 1852-K9C using Cisco Mobility Express and redundancy between two access points using VRRP.
- Hands on experience on Opmanager monitoring tool and push configuration using Device Expert remotely.
- Stack configuration on Cisco 3750 and 3850 devices.
Confidential, Suwanee, GA
- Configured VRRP between VLANs, Configuring Ether-Channels and Port Channel on catalyst 6500.
- Deploying and decommissioning Cisco switches and their respective software upgrades.
- Working experience on Cisco Nexus 5k and 7k data center switches.
- Maintained complex LAN/WAN networks with several VLANS and provided support for routing protocols.
- Troubleshoot the Network Issues onsite and remotely depending on the severity of the issues.
- Hands on experience on HP iMC firmware upgrade on single router and IRF (Intelligent Resilient Framework) cluster switches.
- Performed Break Fix support through driving to different buildings, identifying the root cause of the hardware issues with switches, routers.
- Created Visio detail network diagram of lab network using Cisco Discovery Protocol.
- Hands on experience on Solar winds and Aruba network management and monitor.
- Configured switch port security for end users connecting to switches.
- Involved in L2/L3 Switching Technology Administration including creating and managing VLANs, Port security, Trunk/Tagged, STP, Inter-Vlan routing, LAN security.
- Responsible rack mount and setup physical connectivity on switches in Data Center.
- Hands on experience to configure iLO and iDRAC for high-end servers.
- Hardware troubleshoot experience on HP and Dell enclosures and blades like HP C7000, Dell M915, 815, 515 servers and Chassis.
- Responsible to deploy OS using pxekick utility via network boot.
- Configured different HDD RAID on System for better performance.
- Knowledge on reset iLO/iDRAC password for Enclosure and Server.
- Monitor Integrated Management Logs on systems to verify system health and hardware issue.
- Hands on experience on Linux flavors to troubleshoot, configured NIC IP address and bash scripting.
- Managed IPs, subnet and gateway using QIP.
- Created and removed QIP entries for host as per user’s request.
- Adding nodes in Solarwinds, NCM configuration for network devices.
- SNMP troubleshooting for network devices in Solarwinds.
- Hands on experience on configuration of HP iMC and upgrade.
Confidential, Troy, MI
- I was supporting around 250+ TCS users who were working for GM, Chrysler, Delphi, Boeing and Ford.
- Responsible for second/Third level support for all servers and user’s system.
- Participated in complete system builds, upgrades, migrations and patch management.
- Configured DNS, DHCP, File System and Print Server services on Windows 2008 R2 and Windows 2012 R2 hardware.
- Configured backup servers of DHCP and Print server with regular BCP test.
- For server security, I was responsible to complete VA test for servers using McAfee VA tool.
- Monitoring security and system logs for servers every day.
- Configured file server for users to back up their data and created different quotas for regular and senior users.
- Regular incremental backup and full back up of file server.
- Maintaining monthly reports as per company requirement.
- Successfully created Windows image for various Workstation and laptop machines as per company policy.
- Configured WSUS service to apply regular patches on servers and user systems.
- To keep consistency in all users system with same OS, I have created Windows Image (.wim) and deployed using PXE in new systems.
- Maintained software inventory and to track install software in users system, I have installed LAN Sweeper utility which monitor and pull details from users system over the network.
- Successfully configured Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer to monitor VA on users system.
- Upgraded Cisco switches 2960, 3750 with latest IOS.
- Configured remote software deployment on network using Microsoft PSTools.
- Configuration and troubleshooting experience on MS Outlook, Communicator, Lync, Lotus notes and Sametime communicator.
Confidential, Edison, NJ
System support Engineer
- Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals.
- Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems.
- Works under immediate supervision.
- Provides updates, status, and completion information according to published procedures. Enters and completes problem ticket information via the approved tracking system. Logs all repairs and services performed; prepares progress reports.
- Administered change management related to server upgrades and software installation.
- Prepared and maintained documentation of technologies, standards and procedures.
- Administered/provided troubleshooting for Lotus Notes and MS Outlook.
- Provided first and second level support to users.
- Monitored server performance using open source utility.
- Created user account in active directory and tagged workstation to domain.
- Supports activities assigned by the help desk, network services, or other information systems groups.
- Refers hardware problems to manufacturer for correction.
- Worked under immediate supervision.
- Provided first level support to users.
- Evaluates complex issues that affect high number of users. Utilizing varies tools, services, applications and deep knowledge to address/resolve user issues
- Attempts to maximize first-level problem resolution, and insures that all issues are resolved to customer satisfaction.
- Resolving call within SLA time.
- Provided remote support to users.
- Patch management and maintain its monthly report.
- Installing and upgrading software through management console.
- Creation of user in active directory.
- Password reset and account unlock for users.
Assistant System Engineer
- Deployment and maintenance of security software and patches.
- Data management and backup of servers in Oracle 8i.
- Maintenance of local intranet across five branches.
- Making sure of data updating from another four remote branches to the central server.
- Installation and configuration of windows 2000 NT on servers and network computers.
- Provided second level support for hardware trouble shooting and network problems.
- Monitored network traffic for company’s website in order to maintain data privacy and security.
- Configuration of network’s group for company users and assigning permissions to users and groups.
- Worked with three supporting engineers to make sure that relevant tasks meet the deadlines.