- Seeking a position in a goal - oriented IT environment that will utilize my existing and hands-on skills and experience to achieve the organization’s objectives.
- 6+ years hands on experience with AWS and Linux systems administration.
- Experience setting up infrastructure within AWS using, VPC, EC2, ELB, S3, and Auto scaling.
- Experience building spacewalk server to apply security patches on all servers in the environment.
Operating Systems: RHEL 5/6/7, Cent0S 5/6/7, Windows 7/8/10/2012/2016
Servers: HP Proliant DL360 G6/G7, HPE ProLiant BL460c Gen 9 and Dell PowerEdge.
Applications: Spacewalk, Nagios, VMware ESXi 6.0, Apache, Active Directory, Microsoft ExchangeAutomation: Ansible
Storage: LVM and RAID.
Networking: Nic Teaming/Bonding, Firewall, NTP, DHCP, DNS, NFS and TCP/IP.
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
Linux Cloud Engineer
- Deploy, manage, and operate scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems
- Build and maintain Highly Available secure multi-zone AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Implement and maintain monitoring alerts of production and corporate servers using AWS Cloud Watch
- Create and configure VPC by modifying its IP address range, create subnets, and configure route tables, network gateways, and security settings.
- Create security groups and add rules to limit traffic on the required instances.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues in cloud integrations.
- Responsible for patching all production and non-production servers with spacewalk.
- Responsible for infrastructure planning, scaling and monitoring process implementation.
- Design and develop Nagios for infrastructure monitoring.
- Responsible for processing new hire on-boarding and termination off-boarding process.
- Install Redhat 7 virtual machines using Kickstart Servers.
- Install and manage SSL s for secure communications.
- Configure NIC Teaming, Failover, and Load Balancing.
- Troubleshoot network connectivity issues on Windows and Linux servers.
- Automate routine activities and scheduled events using cron jobs.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Linux Cloud Engineer
- Scale applications and/or its hosting environment to support increases in traffic.
- Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2, auto-scaling and VPC to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts.
- Worked on deployment of complex infrastructure using AWS CLI and AWS Console.
- Experience on AWS Data Migration Tools - Snowball, Direct Connect.
- Experience in Designing High Availability, Scalable, Fault Tolerant AWS cloud platform
- Implement firewall rules for new servers to enable communication with applications.
- Install packages with RPM and YUM repositories.
- Create and maintain file systems and perform RAID configuration.
- Manage Linux and Windows servers on VMware vCenter ESXi 6.5.
- Provide guidance on best practices for server configuration, patching and system management.
- Deployment of various files, directories, applications, users using ansible.
- Document support strategies, troubleshooting guidelines, and escalation procedures.
Linux Systems Administrator
- Deployed RHEL 6 via VMware templates in vCenter.
- Installed and administered postfix and dovecot mail sever.
- Created and managed logical volumes and increasing logical volume size.
- Utilized kickstart and yum to build and patch Linux servers.
- Performed linux performance tuning & troubleshooting, identifying and resolving contention in CPU, memory, networking, disk I/O
- Installed DNS, NFS, and APACHE on newly installed machines.
- Deployed centralized monitoring solutions.
- Writes shell scripts to automate the administrative tasks.
- Monitored over 300+ servers with Nagios XI.
- Created and managed user accounts, security, rights, disk space.
- Troubleshot Linux OS, network, and file system issues.
- Installs Firmware upgrades, kernel patches, systems configuration, performance tuning on Unix/Linux systems
- Monitored and performed day-to-day administrative tasks via Remedy ticket System.
- Performed local system administration using a KVM.
Confidential, HANOVER, MD
Linux Systems Administrator
- Deployed OEL 6 and Centos 6 virtual machines via Kickstart and manual installation.
- Created apache web servers and provided access and permission to application users.
- Performed Linux OS troubleshooting.
- Installed and configured Logical Volume Manager - LVM.
- Performed Linux system patching and Kernel updates.
- Participated in 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Monitored servers with Nagios.
Confidential, ROCKVILLE, MD
- Responsible for installation of RHEL including scripted installation as well as 'Bare-Metal' builds ensuring team standards are maintained.
- Responsible for maintaining and provisioning user accounts.
- Monitored all Linux servers within the client's enterprise.
- Created and maintained documentation on Linux server builds, policies and procedures, ensuring they are accurate and current.
- Installed and replaced faulty computer parts.
- Tested and managed PC hardware (Motherboards, Ram, CPU, Nic’s).
- Imaged PC workstations via network boot and installation disk.
- Provided customer support, and ensured customer is satisfied.