- Over 6+ years of focused IT experience as Devops/Build - Release Engineer in Production Support and Configuration of environments in Linux and windows Administration being the key strength and deploying multiple centos Environments using vagrant.
- Hands on Experience on Jenkins, Ansible and Shell Scripting.
- Experince in writing Shell Scripting for automating for deploying the code.
- Good at Infrastructure provisioning, configuration management and integration with Chef. Also worked on product configuration and deployment using Chef.
- Strong hands on development and configuration experience with software provisioning tools like Chef, Puppet and Vagrant.
- Experience in automating, configuring and deploying instances on AWS, and also Familiar with EC2, S3, Elastic IP's and managing security groups, IAM on AWS .
- Experienced in Cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates.
- Strong understanding of AWS technologies (EC2, RDS, DynamoDB, Redshift, MapReduce, Pipeline, Opsworks, ELB, EBS, S3, VPC, Route 53, cloudwatch, SQS).
- Proficient in Build & Release automation framework designing, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, Build & release planning, procedures, scripting & automation. Good at documenting and implementing procedures related to build, deployment and release.
- Expertise in building of deployment artifacts such as war & ear from source code using Apache ANT and MAVEN.
- Strong knowledge / experience in creating Team City, Jenkins CI pipelines and good experience in automating deployment pipelines.
- Deployments on both windows and linux environments on DEV/UAT/PT/PROD servers.
- Experince in clustering servers both app servers and web servers for continuos availability of the applications.
- Working knowledge of AWS services like EC2, S3, EBS, RDS, VPC, IAM, Route 53, Cloud Watch and Cloud Trail.
- Experienced in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MY SQL and SQL Server by using SQL for data integrity.
- Strong system administration skills and hands on experience in the installation, configuration and administration of Linux and Windows environments.
- Hands on Experience on building the server environment on Windows and Linux which includes OS patches on windows environment.
- Strong communication skills, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Very good team player and works well in a team environment.
- Expereince in documenting everything for easy understanding.
Operating Systems: Centos, Ubuntu, Linux Red Hat, Windows/ 2003/2008/2010
Programming/ Scripting: C, Java, HTML, Shell Scripting, Ansible Scripting
Application/Web Servers: Apache WebServer, WebSphere 8.5.5/7.0/6.1
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/188.8.131.52, My SQL
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk
Configuration Tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet
Source Control/ Versioning Tools: GIT, GITLAB, SVN
Tools: Jenkins, Maven, Docker, Selenium, Jira
Cloud Services: AWS
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
- Implemented automated build and deployment process for applications and re-engineering set up for better user experience and leading up to building a continuous integration system.
- Maintain and Enhance the Enterprise DevOps Platform tools, services and software’s like Artifactory, Jenkins, Gitlab, SonarQube, IBM urbanCode Deploy (uDeploy), Docker, Ansible, Maven and Splunk.
- Implemented Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) using Jenkins CI which has very strong build pipeline consists of Build verification, Junit tests, Deployment Tests, API tests, Service Tests and Functional Tests.
- Used Jenkins and MAVEN for building and deploying application artifacts.
- Implemented Ansible for configuration management to deploy into different applications into Production servers.
- Implemented and maintained continuous integration and deployment systems using Jenkins, Ant and Maven.
- Automating redundant tasks using Shell Scripting.
- Performed Branching, Tagging, Release Activities using Version Control Tools GIT and GITLAB.
- Performed and deployed builds for various environments like Dev, Test, QA, Onboarding and Production Environments.
- Using SonarQube for Continuous Code Quality to attain the Security for Health Industry.
- Worked Extensively on Docker and building, Pushing Docker Images to Development and QA Teams.
- Involved in monitoring the servers and applications using AppDynamics and Splunk.
- Involved in troubleshooting production sever issues.
- Involved in troubleshooting in different situations of deployments and even in outage of applications.
- Worked with AWS related activities like backup, monitoring, alerting, security patches, keep an eye on AWS costs and take corrective actions.
- Worked on trouble shooting, Configuration and deploying Enterprise Application in WebSphere, WebLogic and JBOSS/Tomcat as well.
- Responsible for defining branching & merging strategy, checking policies, improving code quality, automated Gated Check-ins, defining backup and archival plans.
- Created and updated Shell scripts and modules, files, and packages.
Environment: AWS (EC2, Cloud Watch), Shell Scripts, Artifactory, Apache Tomcat/Websphere/JBoss, Maven, Jenkins, Ansible, Docker, GIT, Oracle, Linux, Windows.
Confidential, Boca Raton, FL
- Working for DevOps Platform team responsible for specialization areas related to Chef for Cloud Automation.
- Coordinating the resources by working closely with Project Manager's for the release and Project Manager for all the Operational Projects
- Actively involved in architecture of DevOps platform and cloud solutions.
- Build Automation and Build Pipe Development using Jenkins and Maven.
- Integration of Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline. Currently installed Chef Server and clients to pick up the Build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA, and Production).
- Implemented scheduled downtime for non-prod servers for optimizing AWS pricing.
- Created proper documentation for new server setups and existing servers.
- Maintaining a farm of EC2 instances, ELB’s and RDS.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Wrote ANT and MAVEN Scripts to automate the build process.
- Managed the Maven Repository using Nexus tool and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Evaluating testing of Chef Recipes - Concept of Test Driven Development for Infrastructure as a Code.
- Worked on Managing the Private Cloud Environment using Puppet.
- Working for DevOps Platform team responsible for specialization areas related to Puppet for Cloud Automation.
- Developing pom.xml files for Maven build scripts.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day CVS/Subversion support for different projects.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the CVS/Subversion repositories and the access control strategies.
- To achieve Continuous Delivery goal on high scalable environment, used Docker coupled with load-balancing tool Nginx.
- Implemented various Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with ruby to Manage Configurations on cloud Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances.
- Worked with the Architects on SDLC process being the owner of post development environments.
- Debugging Chef Recipes and their execution trying to pull logs into Splunk and monitor deployments.
- Build, configured and support Application team environments.
- Implemented & maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing GIT.
- Established processes and tools to maintain code base integrity, including check-in validation rules and branch/merge processes
- Integrating various provisioning and monitoring modules into a single platform.
Environment: DevOps, Java/J2EE, Git, jQuery, Docker, Apache, Puppet, Jenkins, Python, JIRA, Maven, Git, Ubuntu, CentOS, Linux, AWS, Ansible, Ruby, PowerShell, Chef.
Confidential, Scottsdale, AZ
DevOps/Build Release Engineer
- Deploying multiple Linux servers using Docker.
- Created highly available and scalable infrastructure in AWS cloud by using various AWS services like EC2, VPC, ELB, RDS, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation and Auto scaling.
- Installation of JAVA, Apache Tomcat, MAVEN, GITHUB, Apache webserver.
- Installation of Jenkins on the machines.
- Creating jobs on the Jenkins for deploying files.
- Involved in using AWS including EC2, Auto-Scaling in launching EC2 instances, Elastic Load Balancer,S3, Glacier, Cloud Front,VPC, Route53, Cloud Watch and IAM.
- Created and managed cloud VMs with AWS EC2 command line clients and AWS management console.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch.
- Setup Elastic load-balancers for different applications to ensure high availability of applications.
- Used Amazon Route53 to manage DNS zones and also give public DNS names to elastic load balancers ip.
- Used Amazon S3 to backup database instances periodically to save snapshots of data.
- Deploying files from GITHUB, implemented many plugins for automatic deployments like build triggers.
- Implemented security in the Jenkins as per the user groups.
- Implemented Tomcat clustering on the same machine with multiple instances.
- Implemented Tomcat Clustering on different machines as per the requirement.
- Implemented password less authentication to multiple servers using SSH.
- Involved in setting up Ansible for automating the scripts.
- Developed scripts in shell scripting for automatic the installations and deploying files automatically and for clustering.
Environment: AWS (EC2, S3, ELB, VPC, IAM), Apache Tomcat, Maven, Jenkins, Ansible, GIT, Docker, Oracle DB, Linux, Windows.
Confidential, Brea, CA
- Building high performance, high available environments for clients.
- Deploying new Linux servers, configuring the servers, Installed Apache tomcat, Apache Web server, Java installation on the servers, GIT, ANT and MAVEN.
- Installing COMPTEL product on the Linux server.
- Installing patches/packages on the servers as per the release.
- Deploying the code in production, UAT, PT, development servers.
- Troubleshooting issues in the server and Resolve issues on Disk, CPU and memory performance issues.
- Installed and Upgraded RHEL packages using YUM.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of Linux/Unix Servers.
- User administration Enabled and Disabled Administrative security, Application Security, Global Security.
- Created and configured clusters for high availability of the servers.
- Deploying code through SVN and GITHUB.
- Installation, Configuration and Administration of Jenkins for continuous integration and Continuous Deployment.
- Deploying the Ansible automated configuration and managing Ansible Playbooks.
- Developed scripting for automation of day-to-day administration tasks.
- Worked with internal customers DBA and App teams to support their databases and applications.
Environment: JAVA, SVN, Apache Tomcat, Oracle DB, Maven, Jenkins, Ansible, GIT, Linux, Windows.