- Over 10+ years of experience in application security, mobile & data security, cloud security (AWS and MS Azure), vulnerability assessments, cryptography, secure coding, security architecture and design, and software development in diverse industries, including financial, healthcare and high - tech.
- In-depth knowledge of Mobile Application Security, Application Security Controls and Validation, IT Risk Assessments, Regulatory Compliance and Secure Software Development Life Cycle (secureSDLC).
- Automation of security processes including, DevSecOps, Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) of security operations.
- Hands-on with Penetration Testing, DAST, SAST, IAST and manual ethical hacking.
- Experience in conducting IT Security Risk Assessments in accordance to NIST, HIPAA and FFIEC framework.
- Worked with global security teams performing application and IT infrastructure security assessments.
- In-depth knowledge of penetration testing for web and applications.
- Performed security design and architecture reviews for mobile (iOS and Android) web and mobile applications
- Hands-on experience in developing threat models, security controls, threat analysis, creation of risk control matrices and risk mitigation strategies.
- Working knowledge on cloud security engineering and administrating for SaaS,PaaS, and IaaS (including AWS and Azure)
- Working knowledge of AWS and MS Azure Cloud Security controls.
- Working knowledge of OWASP Top 10 and SANS Top 25 software guidelines, Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council's (FFIEC) regulations, including Payment Card Industry (PCI-DSS),
- Experience in implementing Security Incident and Event Management System (SIEM) using HP ArcSight.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work independently as well as in a team.
- In-depth knowledge of Mobile Application Security, Application Security Controls and Validation, IT Risk
- Assessments, Regulatory Compliance and Secure Software Development Life Cycle (secureSDLC) and
- Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) of security scanning.
- Hands-on with Penetration Testing, DAST, SAST and manual ethical hacking.
Application/Software Security, Security Architecture, API Security, Vulnerability/Risk Management, Third Party/Vendor Security, Threat Modeling, Source Code Review, Secure Software Development Life Cycle (secure SDLC), Penetration Testing, Mobile Security (IOS and Android), Security Monitoring, Threat Intelligence, AWS/Azure Cloud Security, Single Sign On (OAuth2.0, SAML 2.0), Security Audits, Security Operations Center (SOC) and Incident Response.
Security Tools: IBM AppScan Enterprise (ASE), Standard & Source editions, HP WebInspect, QualysGuard, BurpSuite Pro, Acunetix, Fortify SCA, SQLMAP. CHEKMARX ( Code Analysis) AppDetect, AppRador, SafeNet/Gemalto, Oracle Identity Manager, Oracle Access Manager,JHijack, Metasploit Pro, ZED attack proxy, Firemon, SQLMAP, Wireshark, WebScarab, Paros, BlueCoat Proxy, Nmap, BMC BladeLogic, Nessus, Rapid7 Nexpose, Tripwire, Symantec Vontu, DBProtect, ArcSight SIEM, e-DMZ Password Auto Repository (PAR), Varonis.
Programming Languages: Java, .NET, C#, C, C++
Scripting Languages: Python, Powershell, Shell Scripting
Cloud Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), MS Azure
Web Services: Restful/SOAP, SOA, UDDI, WSDL
Operating System: Linux/Unix (Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, Santoku, Kali Linux), Windows.
Databases: MySQL, Oracle, MSSQL
Confidential, Detroit, MI
Lead Security Engineer
- Participated in the implementation of data tokenization in various environments to ensure compliance to regulations.
- Developed AWS Security Groups to control traffic to various instances in the Cloud.
- Multifactor Authentication (MFA) for AWS root accounts (Implementation), administered password rotation policies. Management of Access Keys and Secret Assess Keys for new users.
- Completed proof-of-concept thin-client web framework for enterprise intelligence applications with web developer under extreme deadline.
- Developed Application Security program (DAST, SAST, IAST) at the enterprise level to identify, report and remediate security vulnerabilities from applications deployed in DEV, PRE-PROD and PROD environments.
- Conducted penetration testing for infrastructure using Kali Linux toolset.
- Designed, documented and executed maintenance procedures, including system upgrades, patch management and system backups.
- Specifically, security testing has been performed to identify XML External Entity (XXE), Cross-Site Scripting, ClickJacking, and SQL Injection related attacks within the code.
- Developed threat modeling framework (STRIDE, DREAD) for critical applications to identify potential threats during the design phase of applications.
- Developed WACLS for AWS Web Application Firewalls (WAF) and configured the rules and conditions to detect security vulnerabilities in the Cloud Front.
- Developed security requirements for applications and infrastructure deployed in the Cloud.
- Configured AWS Simple Storage Service (S3) to securely store the organization’s critical file systems. Implemented Access Control Lists (ACLs) and Bucket Policies for controlling access to the data. Ensured that Cloud security best practices have been followed.
- Implemented file system security by applying hashing techniques for protecting data stored in files on the file servers.
- Implemented Multifactor Authentication (MFA) for AWS root accounts, including password rotation policies.
- Set up Access Keys and Secret Assess Keys for newly created users.
- Participated in the implementation of AWS Cloud security for applications being deployed in the Cloud.
- Administered PKI, cryptography, certificate management and implemented dual keys to address segregation of duties issue between DBAs and security admins.
- Participated in the development of IT risk assessments for enterprise applications.
- Reviewed Azure network security architecture and implemented security controls. Specifically, Azure virtual networks, including on-premise connectivity, traffic filtering, secure communication, point-to-site VPN etc.,
- Implemented Network Security Groups (NSG) to control network traffic to various Azure network resources. Created NSG rules (inbound and outbound) and prioritized the rules based on the requirements. Associated NSGs to VMs, NICs, and subnets based on the deployment model.
- Enabled threat detection for databases in the Azure portal. The security alerts generated in the Azure Security Center have been reviewed and remediated.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Lead Security Engineer
- Developed Application Security program (DAST and SAST) at the enterprise level to identify, report and remediate security vulnerabilities from applications deployed in DEV, PRE-PROD and PROD environments.
- Performed the security testing to identify XML External Entity (XXE), Cross-Site Scripting, ClickJacking, and SQL Injection related attacks within the code.
- Developed threat modeling framework (STRIDE and DREAD) for critical applications to identify potential threats during the design phase of applications. Implemented file system security by applying hashing techniques for protecting data stored in files on the file servers.
- Administered cryptography, certificate management and implemented dual keys to address segregation of duties issue between DBAs and security admins.
- Participated in the development of IT risk assessments for enterprise applications.
- Troubleshooted and resolved web application security issues escalated from customer support and other departments with a 100% success rate.
- Configured Gemalto ProtectDB to enable column level encryption for securing confidential customer data. Designed security architecture for web and mobile apps.
- Reviewed Solution overview Documents (SODs) to identify security anomalies in the system architecture and design, and provided recommendations to address data security and privacy concerns.
- Conducted security assessments to ensure compliance to firm's security standards (i.e., OWASP Top 10, SANS25).
- The NIST framework has been utilized for IT risk assessments.
- Rolled out IBM AppScan products such as AppScan Enterprise (ASE), Standard, Source, Checkmarx, Developer plug-ins to various development teams across the business lines.
- Installed and supported over 30.
- Documented executive summary reports showing the security assessments results, recommendations, risk and impact.
- Conducted monthly developer workshops to educate and train developers on secureSDLC, scan source code using IBM AppScan Source, triage and resolve the security vulnerabilities.
- Doing multiple level of testing before production to ensure smooth deployment cycle.
- Performed vulnerability testing using tools such as Nessus and QualysGuard.
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning, troubleshooting network problems.
- Skilled using Burp Suite, Acunetix Automatic Scanner, NMAP, Dirbuster, QualysGuard, Nessus, SQLMap for web application and infrastructure penetration testing.
- Proficient in understanding application level vulnerabilities like XSS, SQL Injection, CSRF, authentication bypass, cryptographic attacks, authentication flaws etc.
- Expertise in using the DAST tools (Like IBM Appscan and BurpSuite Pro) while the application is running to penetrate the application in various ways to identify potential vulnerabilities outside the code and in third party interfaces.
- Analyzed security incidents originated from various network/application monitoring devices (e.g., Symantec DLP, IDS, IPS, WAF) and coordinated with Engineering teams for tracking and problem escalation, including remediation.
- Performed the penetration testing of mobile (Android and iOS) applications, specifically, APK reverse engineering, traffic analysis and manipulation, dynamic runtime analysis.
- Developed secureSDLC policies and standards for applications.
- Researching, analyzing and understanding log sources from security and networking devices such as firewalls, routers, anti-virus products, and operating Web, Mobile and Cloud systems.
- Performed real-time proactive Security monitoring and reporting on various Security enforcement systems, Anti-virus, Internet content filtering/ IDS& IPS, Web Security, Anti-spam reporting, malware code prevention, Firewalls,, etc.
- Provided oversight of all changes to corporate firewalls, including pre-implementation analysis and approval, and post-implementation auditing. Identifying and remediating any threats and vulnerabilities as a Security Monitoring (SOC), Triage and Escalation to T2.
- Designed and developed Arc Sight architecture components and related upgrades.
- Prepared system plans and executed Arc Sight architecture modifications.
Confidential, Austin, TX
Sr. Security Engineer
- The pen testing scope included O/S (Windows and Linux) and external facing web apps and database servers that store credit card information.
- Reviewed security vulnerability reports for applications and databases, analyzed and worked extensively with the development teams for the implementation of mitigating controls.
- Implemented HP ArcSight ESM including, correlation rules, data-monitors, reports, event annotation stages, case customization, active lists, and pattern discovery.
- Designed security policies, alarm response protocols and access card guidelines.
- The key areas of confidential and sensitive data stored on the mobile devices were reviewed and made recommendations to secure customers' PII and PCI data.
- Reported security findings, recommendations and presented to the business users, executive committee and Compliance departments.
- Experience with Identity and Access Management (IAM) and development of user roles and policies for user access management.
- Implemented IBM AppScan standard, source editions, HP WebInspect, Nessus, and QualysGuard web application scanners.
- Developed and updated security procedures, security system drawings and related documentation..
- Worked directly with outside vendors to implement/troubleshoot all SAML integrations for MFA. Multi-factor auth.
- The associated IT infrastructure such as database management systems, middleware systems, web services (SOA) were also included in the security assessments.
- Implemented Secure Software Development Life Cycle (S-SDLC) processes; developed secure coding practices for web, mobile applications, including database and middleware systems.
- Reviewed Architecture Designs and Solution overview Documents (SODs) to identify security anomalies in the system architecture and design, and provided recommendations to address data security and privacy concerns.
- Performed Static and Dynamic Analysis and Security Testing (SAST and DAST) for various applications as per firm's security standards (i.e.,
- Conducted workshops and user awareness training on security policies, procedures and baselines. OWASP, SANS 25).
- Worked with software development teams, DB/Unix administrators and solution architects as a subject matter expert related to security compliance with PCI DSS 3.2 and industry standards.
- Worked with Internet Engineering team in the design and configuration of BlueCoat Internet proxy.
- Implemented WebFilter database for URL content Filtering.
- Developed procedures for the emergency response and crisis management, physical security, information protection, incident management and investigation units.
- Participated in the implementation of SafeNet product for encrypting customer credit card information using Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
- Created and documented reports, rules, trends and Dashboard. Analyzed Arc Sight and related tools and resolved IT security failures.
- Provided guidance for equipment checks and supported processing of security requests.
- Experience in Network Intrusion detection/Intrusion Prevention System and Firewalls.
- Utilize Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Intrusion Detection & Prevention (IDS / IPS),
- Data Leakage Prevention f(DLP), forensics, sniffers and malware analysis tools.
- Security Incident handling, SIEM (ESEM) using RSA Envision/Arc Sight products.
- Good knowledge and experience in Installation, Configuration and Administration of Windows Servers 2000/2003, Active Directory, FTP, DNS, DHCP, TFTP, Linux OS under LAN and WAN environments.
- Implementation of name resolution using WINS & DNS in TCP/IP environment.
- Developed correlation rules for Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) system.
- Involved in all stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) of the project in agile methodology.
- Participated Daily Scrum meeting, sprint grooming/review and demo with management and other teams.
- Implemented functionality like searching, filtering, sorting, validating using Angular JS and Java Script.
- Front-end development using HTML, CSS, JSP and client-side validations performed using Java Script.
- Developed the User Interface using JSP/HTML and used CSS for style setting of the Web Pages
- Designed and Developed End to End customer self service module using annotation based Spring MVC, Hibernate.
- Worked directly with outside vendors to implement/troubleshoot all SAML integrations.
- Implemented Bean classes and configured in spring configuration file for Dependency Injection, Developed Controller Classes using Spring MVC, Spring AOP, Spring Boot, Spring Batch modules, handled security using Spring Security.
- Initiated mappings among the relations and written named HQL queries using Hibernate.
- Involved in writing Spring Configuration XML file that contains declarations and another dependent object declaration.
- Integrated REST API with Spring for consuming resources using Spring Rest Templates and developed RESTful web services interface to Java-based runtime engine and accounts
- Used SQL statements and procedures to fetch the data from the database. Created new views, added new columns to the existing view in the database using SQL.
- Wrote SQL commands and Stored Procedures to retrieve data from SQL server database
- Agile/SCRUM was used as the project management methodology and JIRA & Confluence were the tools used to keep things in check.
- Implemented complete Maven build life cycle to achieve organized application structure and conflict free dependencies in pom.xml file.
- Developed Git controls to track and maintain the different version of the project
Environment: Core Java, Java, J2EE, HTML5, CSS3, Java Script, AngularJS, Spring, Hibernate MVC, Spring Boot, Restful Web Services, Git, Agile, SQL