- Ability to apply detailed knowledge of organizational procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource for a senior management team
- Knowledge of architectural design patterns, e.g. immutable production, fail fast, stateless, etc
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to work effectively across organizations
- Highly desirable but not mandatory
- Solid knowledge of architecture concepts and practices
- Experienced in building scalable applications (12 - factor, micro-services, immutable production)
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Knowledge and experience in software performance and scalability test automation.
- Strong software engineering skills and computer science knowledge
- Excellent understanding of scalable, micro-service based architectures and experience in applying them to real world problems
Confidential, New York, NY
SENIOR DEVOPS ARCHITECT / DEVELOPER
- Actively participate in high level team activities such as suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements and conducting tool evaluations
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains - will be expected to participate in on-call escalations to troubleshoot customer facing issues
- Work closely with development teams to optimize workflow processes
- Serve as liaison between development teams, senior LOB management, vendors, and other DevOps teams
- Coordination with development team workflows across environments
- Collaborate with development team to define architecture, optimize performance, and rightsize environments
- Deep knowledge of continuous integration and configuration management tools
- Ansible setup, managing hosts file, authoring various playbooks and custom modules.
- Managing Nexus and Sonarqube server for uploading the artifacts and code quality analysis.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS) & configuration management using Puppet
- Installed and configured monitoring tools Nagios for monitoring the network bandwidth and the hard drives status
- .Worked on DevOps group running Jenkins in a Docker container with slaves in Amazon AWS cloud configuration.
- Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools as Ansible designing cloud-hosted solutions, specific AWS product suite experience.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
SENIOR DEVOPS ARCHITECT / DEVELOPER
- Working knowledge of most of the following: AngularJS, JQuery, AJAX, JSON, HTML5, CSS
- Create standards and efficiencies within ECES’ development efforts and their ecosystems
- Drive DevOps adoption by recommending and implementing tool sets and best practices for automation, configuration and release management
- Participate in planning, development of new & existing features of the Inmarsat products
- Identify industry best practices/solutions and pursue continuous improvement opportunities in SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) processes and practices, relentlessly drive for standardization, automation and self-services
- Insure all implementation efforts adhere to established standards and policies
- Should have directly worked on creating enterprise level operating models, architecture options
- Installed applications and load balance packages on different server using Chef
- Developed unit and functional tests in Python and Ruby.
- Developed and maintained Perl/Shell scripts for build and release tasks.
- Integrated Maven with Jenkins for the Builds as the continuous Integration process.
- Involved in Upgrade of Bamboo & Arti factory Server.
- Maintained JIRA for tracking and updating project defects and tasks.
- Manage and document all post deployment issues utilizing the post Deployments Issue Log.
Confidential, Detroit, MI
DEVOPS ARCHITECT / DEVELOPER
- Develops and maintains strong working relationship with peers across the organization in order to create and market architectural products and services
- You have familiarity with build automation tools, including but not limited to autoconf, automake, make, cmake, lein, grunt, rake, ant
- Knowledge of data center management, systems management, and monitoring, networking & security
- Create comprehensive JIRA workflows including project workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes, notification schemes, etc
- Develop and manage consistent and coherent DevOps processes and practices to support software development, testing, builds and deployment
- Develop a Community of Practice across the development team to drive practice adoption
- Monitor Outsourced Suppliers' performance to identify and correct performance problems