- A results - driven technology consultant with over ten years of comprehensive experience in designing, building, and maintaining highly-available infrastructure, while working as a technical and operational manager of team resources. Specializations include virtualization, datacenter technologies, cloud computing and disaster recovery.
- Maintained 99.99% uptime for all datacenter services under company managed umbrella
- Overhauled company managed services with defined processes & procedures and underlying technical issues. This resulted in a 100% recoverability rate as of 2017
- Became a senior escalation point within the organization for complex issues that weren’t resolvable through the standard procedures, involving various technologies
- Designed and scoped multiple technologies and environments for both internal and customer environments
- Built highly-available systems, along with disaster recovery and business continuity strategies, to ensure availability and uptime for core business functions
- Managed a team of five resources for entire corporate and hosting infrastructure
- Hands-on IT Service Management (ITSM) experience / ITILv3 practices
- Assisted with compliance auditing for SSAE16 SOC 1 accreditation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with various entities in both internal and client organizations ranging from technical consultants to C-level executives
- Demonstrated ability to effectively project manage - from planning, to delivery of end project, while meeting milestone deadlines
- Ability to work under a high-stress, rapidly evolving environment
- Critical thinker and problem-solver
- Detail oriented with scoping, designing, and writing technical documentation
- Keen working knowledge of networking, software, hardware, OS and security applications
- Transformed a cabinet level government organization’s IT infrastructure to meet latest compliance and system integrity, specifically with monitoring and disaster recovery/backup operations.
- Managed a private cloud environment using VMWare vSphere 5.5+ for a 300+ VM cluster environment with more than 30 processing ESXi nodes, including installing and configuring underlying technologies (ESXi, Dell M-series enclosure and blades)
- Full experience in infrastructure management within a public cloud environment, specifically Microsoft Azure
- Installed, and managed Dell Compellent SAN’s with extended SC220 enclosures in a replicated, highly-available datacenter environment
- Experience in managing and maintaining EMC VNX5300 and VNX5400.
- Designed, provisioned and managed Simpana Commvault v10 capture nightly backups in a datacenter environment (~400 clients, ~200TB of data) with off-site data replication
- Planned and migrated 200+ active mailboxes from aging Exchange 2010 on-premise servers to Office365 Exchange Online, utilizing Azure AD connect for directory synchronization (ADFS).
- Designed and provisioned disaster recovery solution for company business critical applications utilizing Azure Site Recovery, directly to Azure.
- Provisioned and managed a full Meraki wireless deployment for multiple sites using MR32/34/52 WAPs with RADIUS authentication
- Deployed, administered, and managed Sonicwall NSA firewalls and Fortigate firewalls, both in high availability modes
- Implemented a wide array of backup technologies for managed backup services, including but not limited to Simpana Commvault, Quest RapidRecovery (fka Dell AppAssure), and Acronis 10.x - Acronis Cloud Backup
- Deployed and managed various remote desktop environments, including Microsoft Remote Desktop (Server 2008 to Server 2016), and Citrix XenApp 6.5
- Managed infrastructure monitoring and notification through Solarwinds Orion, Kaseya VSA, and LogicMonitor
- Deployed automated signature product, Exclaimer, for entire organization consisting of 300 users using various signature policies
- Full Windows Server experience, from, including roles not limited to Active Directory, DHCP, Group Policy Management, Windows Clustering, Network Policy Server, RRAS, and WSUS
- Extensive knowledge in various cloud-hosted applications, including but not limited to Microsoft Office 365 and Azure, Intermedia, Egnyte, Edgewave (fka RedCondor), and McAfee MxLogic
- Implementing, managing and troubleshooting a wide range of server and network infrastructure for various client environments
- Familiarity with various technologies, including but not limited to Mac OSX, Pleasant Password Server, ServiceNow, ManageEngine, Connectwise PSA, Adaxes AD Automation, Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware vSphere/Workstation, Quickbooks, Panasonic Video Security systems
Sr. Operations Manager
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Leadership for technology direction and operational management in ensuring systems remain online 24x7x365.
- Provide IT infrastructure architecture and design recommendations for production backbone to the Government customer.
- Manage infrastructure-system backend, from physical layer to application layer (Hyper-V, VMWare, Windows Server, Third party applications).
- Implemented Commvault Enterprise-level backup from previous Symantec Backup Exec product
- Project planning for migrating to Nutanix Acropolis Cluster from VMWare hypervisor, along with planning on migration to Microsoft Azure.
- Perform budget analysis and direction for “Other Direct Costs” within the contracting term, specific to the IT Operations segment.
- Interface with executive (“C-level”) staff, along with federal staff, to provide weekly/quarterly/monthly updates on key contract deliverables and operational projects, along with providing strategic direction.
- Architect enterprise-level backup strategy and platform for primary data-services, along with secondary replication storage.
- Guide, and architect Cloud strategy from on premise solutions, specifically utilizing Office 365 and Microsoft Azure.
- Work with Information Security team to address / remediate vulnerabilities found within the Infrastructure layer.
- Create, manage, and fulfill projects requested by the Government customer, utilizing PMP methodology.
- Sr. escalation point for technical and operational problems within the IT Operations department.
- Encourage team collaboration and synergy within the IT Operations division.
- Engage and collaborate with entire Office of IT divisions to provide total value to the Government customer.
- Performed primary datacenter migration from one physical location to another, all while restoring core-services/business functions within a 72 hour window.
- Rotating on-call duties for after-hours support.
Manager of Cloud Services
Confidential, Rockville, Maryland
- Managed a team of five senior engineering staff for internal infrastructure management and operations, along with hosting services for the Confidential Managed Services offering.
- Managed all datacenter operations for Confidential, including but not limited to rack management, power consumption balancing, internal equipment (switches, firewalls, storage and compute), backup/DR, and customer collocated inventory, monitoring, and Out-of-Band management
- Sr. Escalation point for internal infrastructure, including datacenter environment/technologies and internal Azure tenant.
- Designed disaster recovery environment with the Director of Cloud Services, performed successful failover testing of critical business applications within Azure.
- Deployed secondary production workload (Resource Group, vNET, NSG, Site to Site VPN) for Confidential corporate within Azure
- Subject matter expert for virtualization and backup/DR for Confidential - assisted Enterprise Design team with scoping and design of infrastructure projects
- Worked with Information Security department to ensure
- Program management for all Confidential corporate internal projects within the infrastructure
- Planned/budgeted for equipment refresh cycle and warranty extension, as well as infrastructure scaling
- Handled all costing for recurring services utilized for Confidential corporate and infrastructure
- Planned all product evaluation and testing for Managed Cloud Services portfolio for Confidential
- Planned department strategies and goals for FY 2017 and FY 2018
- Handled all communication regarding maintenance and planned outages for Confidential Executive staff, along with customer point of contacts
- Managed all vendor relationships for any third-party hosted services
- Managed Confidential facilities, including planning and provisioning HQ expansion and branch offices (WAP, networking, physical security).
- Performed on-call duties for all internal IT operations
Sr. Systems Engineer
Confidential, Rockville, Maryland
- Architected and designed backup solutions for immediate recovery, disaster recovery, and high availability.
- Designed and managed disaster recovery and backup solutions for entire enterprise
- Built and deployed customer virtual networks and servers within the Confidential virtual hosting environment, including OS level roles and applications (ie- RDS cluster farm, File/Print, DC, Exchange…etc.)
- Assisted and maintained cloud services operations, as well as on-boarding clients into Confidential hosted environment, including but not limited to- Managed Virtual Hosting, Email Hosting (O365 / Intermedia), Managed Anti-Spam solution.
- Improved process for creating and deploying managed backup platform within the enterprise ten-fold.
- Provided expert knowledge for internal scoping team within Disaster Recovery and Backup technologies, along with virtualization
- Provided exceptional service to both external clients and internal enterprise
- Winner of multiple Employee of the Month awards and Excellence in Service awards
Confidential, Arlington, Virginia
- Build and maintain cloud services (VM, Storage, Network)
- Assist and maintain data center operations
- Provide exceptional customer service and higher-level technical support for customers.
- Build and assess backup/recovery operations for disaster recovery
- Manage NOC operations for both internal IT and customer IT
- Consult and create infrastructure from the ground up for clients and employer (Microsoft Server 2003/2008/2008 R2, Active Directory, Exchange 2007/2010, MS SQL, SCE, TS/WebApp)
- Compose thorough technical documentation/writings
- Provide immediate assistance; the "Go to guy" for information.
Confidential, Arlington, Virginia
- Designed the shipments inventory and tracking mechanism within company CRM portal
- Assessed current IT projects, and provided pricing and quoting for equipment acquisition and labor
- Acquired equipment sold to customers at a high profit margin for companies through communicating with many different vendors
- Provided specialized technical assistance for company customers