- 9+ years’ IT experience to accomplish all aspects of the software configuration management (SCM) process.
- Strong skills in source code repository tools such as TFS, GIT, Clear Case, SVN and CVS.
- Expertise in C/C++/Java build with Ant, Maven, GIT, Jenkins, cruise control along with Jira & Quality Center.
- Excellent skills in Linux Shell/Perl scripting and good C/Java programming experiences.
- Have wide knowledge and experience of software and deep understanding of computer Architecture, operating system, software development full cycle, process and methodology
- Solid understanding of DevOps and continuous delivery tools such as Puppet and CFEngine
- Exposure in creating company's DevOps strategy in a mix environment of Linux (RHEL, CENTOS, Windows) servers along with creating & implementing a cloud strategy based on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience in automation, continuous integration & deployment (Gulp/Grunt, Nant, PowerShell, TeamCity)
- Implemented rapid - provisioning and life-cycle management for Red Hat Linux using Puppet.
- Managed Amazon Web Services like EC2, bit bucket, RDS, EBS, ELB, Auto-Scaling, AMI, IAM through AWS Console and API Integration with Puppet Code.
- Good Knowledge in bash (Shell)/Perl and exposure to Jython, Python scripting.
- Excellent experience in documenting and automating the build and release process.
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle and MYSQL by using SQL for Data integrity.
- In-depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM).
- Implemented continuous project build & deployment delivery process using Subversion, Bamboo, urban code
- Experience in using CI tools Hudson and Jenkins for automated builds.
- Experience in DevOps, Performed Build and Development of Java - Cucumber based API’s to cloud servers using CI/CD Process.
- Experienced in Gitlab CI and Jenkins for CI and for End-to-End automation for all build and CD.
- Strong knowledge on source controller concepts like Branches, Merges and Tags.
- Extensive experience in the design and implementation of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery,
- Continuous Deployment and DevOps processes for Agile projects.
- Working with technologies and platforms including Java, Jenkins, Subversion, TFS, Git, R10K, Katello, Oracle, Unix/Linux, VM Ware, Docker, Vagrant, Ansible, Puppet, AWS, across the Financial, Broadcast and Media Sectors.
- Administrated and Implemented TFS, Maintained and Migrated TFS & TFS 2013/2015 support.
- Having good implementation experience with installation and configuration of Kubernetes, clustering them and managed local deployments in Kubernetes.
- Experience with Configuration and Maintenance of Automation tools like Puppet, Ansible and Chef.
- Experience working with AWS Cloud computing and involved in creating AWS instances and deployed Linux and Red-hat on AWS environment and Expertise in migrating applications onto AWS.
- Efficient in working closely with teams to ensure high quality and timely delivery of builds and releases.
- Experience of working with release and deployment of large scale and Enterprise applications and DevOps.
- Experience in Production support engineer providing 24/7 tier1, tier2 technical support for middleware application servers.
Languages: Shell scripting, Perl and Python, Bash, PowerShell, Java, C, C++, C#, SQL.
Operating Systems: Linux (Ubuntu),Windows 7.
Other Languages: XML, HTML, XSL, XSLT, CSS.
Software Provisioning and SCM Tools: Puppet, Chef, Ansible and Docker.
Version Control Tools: GIT, Gitlab CI, R10K, TFS 2015/2013, Bitbucket, SVN, VSS, Katello, Clear Case, Perforce, DB Maestro.
Build Tools and IDE: MAVEN, ANT, Jenkins, Sonarqube, Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, Eclipse, TeamCity.
Virtualization Tools: Vagrant, Oracle Virtual Box, VMWare ESX.
Web/App Server: Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, Nginx, haproxy.
Networking Protocols: TCP/IP, TELNET, SSH, FTP, HTTP.
Infrastructure Monitoring Server: Nagios, ClousWatch.
Databases: MySQL, SQL Server, OracleDB 10g, Teradata.
Bug Tracking Tools: Bugzilla, Mantis, JIRA, ServiceNow.
Development Tools: Visual Studio, Eclipse IBM RAD.
Artifact Repository: Maven, JFrog-Artifactory.
Cloud (IaaS): Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Confidential, Seattle, Washington
- Release Engineer for a team that involved development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Coordinate with Team and Project Manager for the Build, Release and Operations of the Projects to maintain typical requirements.
- Employing Jenkins to automate most of the build and release related tasks.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, ANT and MAVEN in Linux environment.
- Managing and monitoring the server and network infrastructure using Nagios.
- Conducting analysis on ANT build projects for conversion and converting to MAVEN build projects.
- Responsible for specialized areas related to Chef for Cloud Automation by being part of DevOps Platform team.
- Work extensive with ANT and MAVEN build tools for managing build.xml and pom.xml files respectively.
- Perform all necessary day-to-day Subversion support for different projects.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion repositories and the access control strategies.
- Creation of branches in Subversion for parallel development process.
- Troubleshoot the issues raised in Jenkins while using for continuous integration and deployment.
- Involved in managing other version control tools like GIT.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day CVS/ Subversion (SVN) support for different projects. Administered TFS for .Net applications. Involved in setting up of Subversion (SVN) server, server maintenance, Client machines setup.
- Written cookbooks for various packages and installed them on VMs to perform QA testing.
- Applied AWS solutions such as EC2, S3, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer and ELK search.
- Building RESTful APIs in front of different types of NoSQL storage engines.
- Integrated process into build system which auto-generates REST API documentation from source code.
- Responsible for managing the Chef Client nodes and upload the cookbooks to chef-server from Workstation.
- Set-up Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS.
- Creating Puppet manifests and modules to automate system operations and responsible for large-scale Puppet implementation and maintenance.
- Automated Linux production servers setup using Puppet scripts. Used these scripts to replicate production build environments on a local dev boxes using Vagrant and Virtual Box.
- Handlng source control using Perforce, Git and GitHub.
- Installed and administered Artifactory repository to deploy the artifacts generated by Maven and to store the dependent jars which are used during the build.
- Completed set up of CD environment with focus on UrbanCodeuDeploy.
- Configured monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Good knowledge of DNS, DHCP and IP Addressing along with Installation and Configuration of various services like Apache Web Server, SSL, SSH, HTTP, RPM package management.
- Working with the Teradata DevOps community, define the technology stack and the automation tools of choice for cloud, deployment and CI/CD and enable the tools in Aster processes.
- Created the Release Management plan with the implementation schedule.
- Worked with the automated scripts for the Build and Deployment of the applications.
- Responsible for Build and Install Schedules using Unix Cron jobs.
- Maintain continuous build automation - currently within Anthill Pro, Hudson/Jenkins and Team City.
- Own the continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) pipeline process and enable automated deployment of the Teradata Aster stack on demand anywhere (appliance, on prem or cloud).
- Automation of Build, deployment and smoke testing of .Net applications using TFS 2015/2013/2012.
- Supported and developed tools for integration, automated testing and release management.
- Expertise in developing windows applications, web applications, windows services and web services in Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Maintained Chef and Puppet servers and management application that can use ServiceNow data to bring computers into a desired state by managing files, services or packages installed on physical or virtual machines.
- DevOps engineer will also be involved in Coder metrics tracks where there will been a need to support execution or onboarding, maintaining and reporting of static code analysis using HP Fortify and ZaP for dynamic scanning.
- Used JIRA as a Change Management/ Work Management/ SCRUM Agile Tool. Created analytical matrices reports, dash boards for release services based on JIRA tickets.
Environment: Chef, Puppet, Git, SVN, MAVEN, ANT, Jenkins, Anthill Pro, Bamboo, Nagios, Cucumber, Shell, Python, NodeJS, Java 7, Docker and AWS.
Confidential, Seattle, Washington
- Managed SVN repositories for branching, merging, and tagging.
- Developed Shell/Perl Scripts for automation purpose.
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in OpenStack cloud, integrating it with Puppet.
- Designed and deployed best SCM processes and procedures.
- Worked closely with software developers and DevOps to debug software and system problems.
- Created scripts in Python which integrated with Amazon API to control instance operations.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Used Puppet to automate Configuration management and manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points, Packages.
- Constructed a Continuous Integration CI Server and Implemented Build/Deploy automation Server utilizing CI Technologies like Jenkins/Hudson, Subversion, Maven, Ivy Nexus, MS Build, Ant, Sonar, JIRA and Selenium for both .NET and J2EE Applications on mixed OS (Windows/Linux/Unix).
- Used AGILE MVN method to develop a build and also ANT as a build tool and used Chef & AWS to reduce costs and eliminate unwarranted resources. Automated provisioning of cloud infrastructure with Chef.
- Replaced existing manual deployment & management with Chef & AWS OpsWorks stacks across 4 platforms
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into GitHub code management repo
- Managed GIT,R10K & SVN as Source Control Systems.
- Support developer IDE's including Visual Studio, Eclipse and IBM RAD Rational Developer.
- Created Pre-operation and Post-operation triggers in UCM.
- Customizing and generating multiple TFS reports to serve company needs.
- Developed scripts using PERL, BASH and BATCH files for Automation of Activities and builds
- Responsible for EBFs (Emergency Bug Fixes) to push to different environments and monitor their status.
- Conducted Sanity Testing to verify for the right build is deployed.
- Provided 24/7 on call support for emergency site maintenance and immediate build and install requests.
- Involved in writing parent pom files to establish the code quality tools integration.
- Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines.
- Assist developers with establishing/applying branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT.
- Server Administration, tasked with creation of new projects and setting up integrations with Perforce using triggers.
- Developed proposals for closing the gaps that were identified. The proposals included new work items for TFS, new process controls within the SCM process model, as well as the purchase and implementation of both build automation and software deployment tools. Developed requirements for the new build automation and software deployment tools.
- Managing all geographically distributed perforce servers that include perforce master server, replica servers and proxy servers.
- Unified Communications Contact Center Systems.
- Implemented the setup for Master slave architecture to improve the Performance of Jenkins
- Used Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server.
- Reviewed CA Agile Central Rally for knowing business and software requirements, enhancement features and functional user stories to plan QAT accordingly.
- Deployed Java/J2EE applications to servers in Agile CI environment and also automated the process.
- Work in the Agile development environment with frequently changing requirements and features set maintained in RallyDev Rally.
- Installed and Configured the Nexus repository manager for sharing the artifacts within the company.
- Researched project application architecture to support/resolve build, compile, & test issues/problems
- Used Ant and Maven build tools and implemented with Jenkins, Anthill Pro and Build Forge.
Environment: Java, ANT, Maven, SVN, Puppet, R10K, Katello Linux, .NET. AWS, OpenStack, Shell/Perl Scripts, Bash, Python, PowerShell, SCM, GIT, Jenkins, Tomcat, Jira, TFS, Elastic Beanstalk, Perforce, PostgreSQL, CA Agile Central Rally, HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) 11.52 .
Confidential, New York
- Participated in product release cycle which involved environments like Development QA UAT and Production
- Regular Build jobs are initiated using the Continuous Integration tool with Jenkins.
- Maintain CI builds with scripts on Wintel Platform for both .Net and Java technologies.
- Wrote Puppet manifests to deploy, configure, Install shield and managed metric collection and monitoring.
- Assisted developers by applying apt branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control
- Developed and implemented an automated Linux infrastructure using Puppet.
- Wrote Puppet models for installing & managing java versions; worked on CVS, Subversion as Version Control
- Implemented automated local user provisioning in instances created in Openstack cloud.
- Deployed the Openstack components on multimode with high availability environment.
- Configured Jenkins for builds in non-production & production environments.
- Created user level of access for related GitHub project directories to the code changes.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion/GIT support for different projects.
- Used Artifactory repository tool for maintaining the Java based release code packages.
- Provided assistance for the smooth phase of Release for the Emergency and expedite Releases by getting the Director Level Approval and coordinating with different teams. Handled Jira tickets for SCM Support activities.
- Written Shell scripts to apply the Integration label to all the files which needs manual labelling of files.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard and PuppetDB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Worked on Jenkins, GitHub, Puppet, Artifactory and all internal build systems for the core development team on an enterprise-level Java-based cloud orchestration/automation tool.
- Providing advanced engineering support to production support teams for complex application performance and infrastructure issues.
- Created the branches in Subversion and Perforce to implement the parallel development process.
- Merged release branches to the trunk after the production release and resolved the conflicts rose during the merge in both Subversion and Perforce.
- Successful track record of providing production support for large-scale distributed systems, with experience in automation, production migration and deployment with minimal down time.
- Documents and completes knowledge transfer to production support.
- Automating in Azure for creation of subscription, Storage Account and tables using Windows PowerShell.
- Moving out the WSTAF infrastructure from On-Premise to Cloud at present MAAS Client and WSTAF services on to AZURE IAAS (Virtual Machines).
- Used Perforce version control system to manage different builds for the system
- Used perforce version control system to manage source code
- Use of Windows PowerShell scripts to bring up the resources i.e. VM’s, Installation of Dependent Software’s in it, and run up the orchestrated environment.
- Evaluated Perforce, Clear Case, Subversion, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, and demo pro con of each source control to upper management.
- Extensive experience with Perforce. Experience with SVN/CVS, and Git Software Configuration tools (Source Control).
- Service Management Automation, Microsoft Azure Automation workflows using Microsoft Runbook.
- Resolving issues in integration and playing role of production Support.
- Complete lab setup for Single-On of application with Azure & Local AD containers.
- Working with Azure Service Fabric, exclusively to create microservice application, used Stateful partitions with named service and secondary replicas for scalability and availability Ability to write Shell & Perl scripting.
- Experienced with deployments, Maintenance and troubleshooting applications on Microsoft Cloud infrastructure AZURE.
- Exposed Virtual machines and cloud services in the VNets to the Internet using Azure External Load Balancer
- Extensive experience in Windows AZURE(IaaS) migrating like creating AZURE VMs, storage accounts, VHDs, storage pools, migrating on premise servers to AZURE and creating availability sets in AZURE
- Strictly enforced ITIL process while pushing builds and deployments to prod and pre-prod environments.
- Configured the user's accounts for Continuous Integration - Jenkins, Nexus and Sonar.
- Gathered stakeholder approval, necessary signoffs while acting as release manager for 2 development teams
- Supported small to medium sized projects using GIT; integrated GIT into CI along with Jenkins & Subversion.
- Worked with Performance engineers on Configuration of the environment.
- Created & deployed tool to automate branch & project creation in subversion using Perl, Chef & Puppet script
- Updated and automated Release reports for Change Management.
Environment: Java/J2ee, Puppet, OpenStack, Ant, Maven, GIT, SVN, ClearCase, Bamboo, Nexus Pro, Sonar, Jira, Remedy, Ruby, PowerShell, Azure, Shell Scripts, Tomcat, Jenkins.
Confidential, Menomonee Falls, WI
DevOps/ Build and Release Engineer
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involves environments like Development, QA and UAT.
- Wrote build.xml for applications using Ant builds.
- Developed & implemented Software Configuration strategies for applications according to the agile process.
- Managed Subversion branching by creating Release & Development branches ensuring integrity of Trunk.
- Used Jenkins as continuous integration tool for build & deployment of JAVA code
- Installed & administered Jenkins CI for ANT Builds.
- Developed build scripts using ANT as the build tool for the creation of (WAR files) build artifacts.
- Used Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manages change.
- Wrote Python Code using Ansible Python API to Automate Cloud Deployment Process.
- Developed Python Modules for Ansible Customizations.
- Used Ansible Playbooks to setup Continuous Delivery Pipeline. Deployed micro services, including provisioning AWS environments using Ansible Playbooks.
- Used Ansible to document all infrastructures into version control.
- Implemented Ansible to manage all existing servers and automate the build/configuration of new servers.
- Provisioned load balancer, auto-scaling group and launch configuration for micro services using Ansible.
- Providing configuration details of DEV environments & assisted in Creating Chef recipes for Proof of Concept.
- Troubleshot automation to install, configure & deploy JAVA applications in test & production environments
- Maintained the Shell and Perl scripts for the automation purposes.
- Deployed J2EE applications to Application servers in an agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process. Build scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins, Octopus, Sonar to move from one environment to other environments.
- Written automation scripts using Chef, Puppet, Shell, Power Shell to support infrastructure as code & continuous deployment. Deployed the archives like war files into the TCServer Application Servers.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT build files in case of project requirement changes.
- Used Remedy as deployment issue tracking tool.
- Experience with JUnit and code coverage tracking (Sonar/SonarQube).
Environment: ANT, Subversion (SVN), Shell and Perl Scripting, Agile, TCServer, Jenkins, Fortify, Remedy, Ansible, CHEF.
Confidential, Madison, WI
Build and Release Engineer
- Implemented, maintained and supported reliable, timely and reproducible builds for project teams
- Maintained build scripts developed in ANT, Python & Shell. Modified build configuration files-Ant's build.xml.
- Worked with development team to migrate Ant scripts to Maven.
- Authored pom.xml files, performed releases with Maven plugin, Mavenized Java project & Maven repositories
- Researched and implemented code coverage and unit test plug-ins with Maven/Hudson.
- Used Maven dependency system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts to Nexus to share across projects.
- Configured & maintained Hudson to implement CI and integrated tool with Ant & Maven to schedule builds
- Participated in release cycle of product with environments like Development, QA, UAT and Production.
- Coordinate with development, database administration, QA, & IT operations to ensure no resource conflict
- Managed the code migration from TFS, CVS and Star team to Subversion repository.
- Implemented continuous integration using Jenkins.
- Created repositories according the structure required with branches, tags and trunks.
- Configured application servers (JBOSS) to deploy the code.
- Configured plugins for the integration tools to the version control tools.
- Worked with the developers to configure plugins trough Eclipse to develop the code.
- Used Tortoise SVN as a migration tool for check in process
- Utilized Jira for issue reporting, status, and activity planning.
- Used ANT tool to do the builds, integrated ANT to Eclipse and did local builds.
- Integrated Apache Maven with Jenkins for the builds as the Continuous Integration process.
- Built Java code and .NET code on to different Jenkins servers as per the schedule.
- Communicated next step, deployment schedules, quality assurance, validation and defect tracking/ resolution.
Environment: Subversion, Perforce, Ant, Jenkins, Hudson, Web Sphere Application Server (WAS), Web services, Web logic, Test Director, Mercury, Quality center, Oracle 10g, Visual Build, .Net, ANT, J2EE.
Build and Release Engineer
- Provided CM & Build support for 5+ applications, built and deployed to production and lower environment
- Defined & implemented CM and Release Management Processes, Policies and Procedures
- Implemented, maintained and supported reliable, timely and reproducible builds for project teams
- Maintained build related scripts in ANT, Python & Shell and modified build configuration files-Ant's build.xml.
- Worked with development team to migrate Ant scripts to Maven
- Authored pom.xml files, performed releases with Maven plugin, Mavenized Java project & Maven repository
- Researched and implemented code coverage and unit test plug-ins with Maven/Jenkins.
- Used Maven dependency system to deploy snapshot & release artifacts to Nexus to share across projects.
- Configured & maintained Jenkins to implement CI and integrated tool with Ant & Maven to schedule builds
- Worked with development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems; worked on Oracle databases in the backend to execute DMLs & DDLs
- Handled build system from analysis, development, execution & support of builds, unit testing and deployment.
Environment: Ant, Java/J2EE, Maven, Jenkins, Linux, Solaris, Python, WebSphere, Shell scripting, Nexus.
- Handled activities like provisioning of storage by Storage device selection, Zoning, mapping & LUN Masking
- Managed and deployed LUNS from EMC storage frames to heterogeneous servers using the SYMCLI, SMC and Navisphere Manager. Provided on Call Support & day-to-day troubleshooting SAN related issues.
- Administered EMC DMX, V-MAX, Clariion Storage Systems and Brocade/Cisco fabrics.
- Allocated storage to Operating Systems from Clariion & SYMMETRIX using SMC NAVISphere & SYMCLI
- Worked on FAST Policy Association Project Individually and completed successfully.
- Created Meta LUN and provided additional LUNs in order to provide additional storage to the host; maintained LUN Provisioning in Clariion and Symmetrix Storage Array using Mapping and Masking.
- Handled Storage Provisioning and Reclaim (SP&R) and Storage growth Activities for New and Existing Hosts.
- Involved in different kinds of Reclaims like Partial Reclaims and Retirements of hosts.
- Created the Raid groups and Storage groups for assigning LUNs to Hosts in Clariion storage arrays.
- Zoned FA ports of storage arrays to HBAs thru Brocade fabric using Telnet CLI & Cisco using Fabric Manager
- Created Zoning using Soft & Hard Zoning as per client needs and monitored fabrics for better performance; troubleshot zoning issues and connectivity issues between host and storage end.
- Implemented & maintained Virtual Provisioning on Symmetrix storage arrays for simplifying storage management processes and improving storage capacity utilization.
- Used SRDF/S, SRDF/A, Symmetrix, SnapView/Snapshot, Clone and MirrorView/Sync, Async in Clariion.
- Ported Allocations to Hosts, Monitoring the switch ports and checking the health/status of the ports.
- Provided securities from various levels like PowerPath installation on Host end, Zoning from switch end and Lun masking from Storage end for protecting Data.
- Took the regular backup of brocade/ Cisco fabric configuration.
- Registered the host HBAs at the Clariion array side and adding the hosts to Storage Groups in Navisphere.
- Provided technical support, guidance and direction for products supported.
- Coordinated with the EMC for any hardware failures and critical issues.
- Interacted with the Client Support Representative to do the storage requirement in a satisfactory manner.
Environment: Linux, Python, Shell Scripting, WebSphere, Brocade, Cisco, Symmetrix Management Console (SMC), EMC Control Center, SymCli, Navisphere, SnapView, MirrorView, TimeFinder Operations, SRDF.