- Results - oriented Information Technology Professional with over two decades of technical and leadership expertise experience gained through a broad range of exposure to various technical environments and business segments including Healthcare, OEM, Government, and Energy.
- Driven to ensure the highest quality of services and to assist the IT organization to help facilitate corporate strategies.
- Highly skilled with troubleshooting system failures, developing, and enhancing policies and documentation, project management, systems support, and learning newt technologies and customized environments.
- Focused to maintain security, ease of usage, evaluating potential software and hardware applications, ensure compliance with all company policies and processes, and increase customer satisfaction through innovative problem solving.
- Highly skilled in leveraging existing technological resources to drive growth and company stability
- Able to increase stability, reliability, and availability while reducing overall costs recommendations based on technology research and design
- Knowledge of design and maintenance, system and network administration, document management systems, content management systems and technology implementation and support
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and communication skills, both oral and written
- Able to lead the competition in the adoption of new technology and techniques while minimizing risk
- Works effectively across multiple departments to determine needs and develop business solutions
COMPREHENSIVE TECHNOLOGY KNOWLEDGE:
Operating Systems and Software: Over 20 years troubleshooting Microsoft OS platforms from Windows 3.x through Windows 10.x, Windows NT Server through 2012 r2 Server, MacOS 9.x to OSx and OSx server, iOS devices, BlackBerry Manager, BES 4.0, 4.5, and minimal 5.0, Windows Mobile 5.0 - 6.1, DiagSoft QA Plus, RoboHelp, BMC Remedy and service desk express 9.x, CA Unicenter Service Desk, Assyst Enterprise v9, RSA Authentication Manager 6.x, DameWare Remote Control, VNC, Access Sentry 3.1., Microsoft Office Pro including Outlook, Microsoft Project, VISIO, Adobe Photoshop, Pagemaker, Indesign, QuickBooks Pro, AV sotware including Norton, McAfee, Comodo Internet Security, & Avast, System Center 2012, Major browser platforms including Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Basic to Intermediate knowledge of Ubuntu LINUX and the Beryl Desktop Environment, DocuWare 5.1 & 6.5, Team Viewer 8 & up, ESET End Point and Advanced Security Protection and ERA Server, DESLock+, Wombat Security Training System, KnowBe4 Security Training System, Alloy, MalwareBytes, Samanage Service Desk
Consumer Electronics and Audio Video products: Audio Video Receivers, Blue-ray players, iPods, Digital Cameras/Camcorders, Dish Network & DirecTV satellite receivers, Motorola digital cable receivers, Logitech programmable remotes Sony, LG, Samsung, VIZIO, and Olivia HD Tv’s, Windows Media Center PC’s, Home Theater configuration and troubleshooting, Wireless printing, File and media sharing, Vonage VOIP phone, Media players, Wireless Microphones, Barco ClickShare
Networking Hardware and Software: CISCO AnyConnect, RSA SecurID, CISCO, Dell, Linksys, Netgear, DLink, & Belkin routers and switches, Intermediate knowledge / troubleshooting experience with CISCO Routers and switches, Basic CISOC VOIP phone troubleshooting, Category 5 / 6 Networks, LANDesk Client Manager, Token Ring Networks, IBM Token Ring Network Cards, 3 Com Hubs, SMC Hubs, NetWare 3.x, 4.x and 5.x, Novell ZENWorks, SonicWall WAPs, SonicWall VPN, ShoreTel phones, Ruckus wireless, CISCO FirePower, CISCO ASA 5516 Firewall, CISCO 5508 VPN, Active Directory
Computer Systems and Hardware: Android Mobile Devices, BlackBerry hand held devices, Windows Mobile devices, iOS Devices: iphone, iPad, HP Printers & MFP’s, Lexmark Printers, Ricoh / Lanier printers and MFP’s, Sharp MFP’s, Dell Laptops, Netbooks & Desktops, Apple Macintosh Computers, Gateway Computers, Intel and AMD archatecure, HP Prodesk, Elete Desk, and Elitebook systems, Hand built over 1000 computer systems of varying configurations over the last 20 years
Confidential, Westwood, KS
Systems & Network Administrator
- Researched, evaluated, and recommended vendors and hardware to replace our current printer and MFD support vendor and equipment reducing costs by 49% and increasing quality and reliability of MFD services
- Researched computer imaging solution options to replace Ghost; evaluated and implemented SmartDeploy reducing system deployment times by 33%
- Researched solutions to replace SCEP. Managed rollout of ESET Endpoint AV to the entire organization
- Researched new helpdesk and inventory management system to replace Alloy. Recommended and implemented Samanage helpdesk system
- Created a hardware replacement strategy to ensure technology is replaced on a balanced timeframe ensuring that hardware is always in warranty but costs are spread out to minimize budget impact
- Implemented Papercut for Print Anywhere and secure printing solution which helped reduce printing output from 100,000 pages/month to under 60,000 and saving an average of $19200 / year
- Researched, tested, and implemented DESLock+ for full disk hard drive encryption on portable computers
- Implemented and managed new in person security training classes and later transitioned to Wombat training platform in 2015 and then to the KnowBe4 platform in 2018
- Implemented and managed new email threat simulation process and security awareness programs.
- Revamped the entire IT section of organization on-boarding process to include increased documentation and training for all new employees
- Evaluated and completed redesign and restructure of entire GPO and OU structure
Confidential, Sioux city, IA
Desktop Support Engineer
- Provided tier 2 support with excellent customer service to 500 area MEC users
- Managed inventory of computer systems, spare parts, and printers to ensure availability of resources.
- Troubleshot network connectivity issues in a Windows Active Directory environment.
- Maintained FERC SOC and NERC CIP security clearance to ensure access to secured areas. Advised staff of industry shifts and of advancements in technology related to their needs.
- Performed root cause analysis of failed systems and replaced the defective component. Worked with Network teams to ensure availability of network equipment, VOIP phones and external WAN links.
- Imaged, deploy, and support systems running Windows XP, VISTA and Windows 7.
- Coordinated equipment repairs with 3rd party vendors.
Confidential, Omaha, NE
Systems Administrator - Executive Support
- Functioned as the primary support resource for the Executive Management team and Directors based out of Omaha.
- Provided support for executive computer, telephony, and consumer electronic products.
- Led projects that advanced the capabilities of senior executives and support staff.
- Troubleshot, configured, & purchased technology solutions for all executive personal and business needs.
- Maintained executive loaner pool of all standard executive technologies including Bluetooth devices, laptops, iPhones, Blackberries, batteries, keyboards, headsets, etc.
- Interfaced with executives in person, through email, and over the phone to address all technology needs.
- Maintained executive conference rooms to ensure 100% availability of all technology which included Life-size video conferencing equipment, LCD projectors, wireless microphones, Crestron touch panels, A/V receivers, and all computer equipment.
- Advised executives of industry shifts and of advancements in technology related to the executives needs.
- Administered Windows Server 2003 user accounts through Active Directory and Exchange.
- Supported executive BlackBerry and iPhone mobile devices and laptop air cards and MiFI devices.
- Worked with Network Engineering and Telecom services to ensure availability of network and telecom equipment and links.
- Coordinated equipment repairs with 3rd party vendors.
Confidential, Omaha, NE
Sr. LAN Administrator (Team Lead)
- Primary support resource for the Executive Management Team; CAO, CFO, CIO, and the CEO.
- Provided customized technology solutions and support for the 40 plus member executive team.
- Mentored junior team mates, interviewed potential candidates and assisted onboarding new hires.
- Wrote and evaluated procedures to increase quality, customer satisfaction and increase efficiency.
- Researched new hardware and software along with consumer electronics to meet executive needs.
- Implemented Executive loaner pool which included laptops, Blackberries, and cellular air cards.
- Maintained executive conference rooms to ensure 100% availability of all technology including Confidential video conferencing equipment, LCD projectors, A/V receivers, BluRay players, and computer equipment.
- Ensured C level executives technology needs are met while achieving a 97% satisfaction rating
- Increased stability of BlackBerry server by 20%