- Equipped with in - depth expertise in security management, software management, system analysis and administration.
- Expert at identifying improvement needs and addressing clients’ requirements.
- Excellent relationship builder, armed with interpersonal and communication skills essential in establishing positive relationships with senior leadership and professionals from all organizational levels.
- Nessus Scanning Nmap Packet Capturing and Analysis Palo Alto Firewalls Check Point GRE, VPN, SSL
- PHP Security IDS/IPS (Tipping Point and Juniper) SIEM (Juniper STRM, McAfee Nitro, IBM Qradar, HP ArcSight)
- VB (Visual Basic) Virtualization (VMware, Virtual Box, Citrix) Wireshark Microsoft Office Suite
- Microsoft Windows Apple/MAC Apache Batch Scripting Cisco Database Administration
- DOS Encryption at Rest (Full Disk Encryption, PGP, SecureZip) F5 IIS
- Linux (RHEL, Mandrake, Centos, Fedora)
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
Senior Network Security Engineer
- Administer F5 BigIPs 5250s and 10800s (with ASM, APM and LTM modules) along with F5 VPN policies
- Manage Cisco VPN (AnyConnect and ASAs) across multiple continents
- Configure and administer Palo Alto and Checkpoint Firewalls
- Administer Qualys Vulnerability Scanning, Web Application Scanning and Cloud agents
- Support Forcepoint URL and Endpoint Security
- Create and execute Splunk reports and dashboards
- Support BlueCat internal and external DNS deployments
Confidential, Durham, NC
- Deployed and administered Fortinet firewalls with multiple security modules
- Researched workstation, server and firewall logs for anomalous activity
- Managed workstation and server security policies via Microsoft Confidential
- Kept abreast of current APTs and ensured security infrastructure was updated to support detection and eradication
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
- Installed and administered TrendMicro TippingPoint IDS/IPS, (SMS) and Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) appliances
- Oversaw Cisco Sourcefire IDS sensors and FireSight Manager Console (FMC) implementation
- Created and executed Splunk reports and custom parsing scripts
- Reviewed Red Seal to verify connectivity and troubleshoot security and network related issues
- Researched and troubleshot security concerns by employing Symantec Security Information Manager (SSIM)
- Managed multiple projects for security system upgrades and audit reviews
- Monitored security standards (CIS CSC SANS20, NIST 800-53, FIPS 140-2, etc.) to verify vendor products meet or exceed defined security requirements.
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
- Consulted with customer on security procurements and verify consistency with current security posture.
- Coordinated with and monitored multiple security procurements and create review board documentation for software proof of concepts and production deployments.
- Engaged with customer’s security professionals and offered advice on security software implementation and configuration within system deploying 5,000 plus security devices.
- Interfaced with multiple procurement software, tracking product purchases from initiation through reception.
Confidential, Research Triangle Park, NC
- Managed and employed security incident response plan (IRP) defining step-by-step process to troubleshoot, document and recover from malicious activity and security breaches.
- Maintained high corporate security posture through use of Tenable Security Center, Nessus scanners and IBM AppScan to ensure company resources are properly secured and updated.
- Performed consistent security reviews of government projects (NIIH, NIH, SAMSHA, etc.) to verify the IT infrastructure is adhering to government standards
- Employed security evaluation tools (Metasploit, MS Baseline Analyzer, Wireshark, NMAP, Backtrack, etc.) to perform security evaluations of corporate and customer resources both internally and externally.
- Advised multiple security and IT engineers on proper processes for successful data recovery from security incidents.
- Applied in-depth technical expertise and strategic management procedures to provide the highest standard of performance and security in networked systems
- Rendered keen oversight to technical support staff who handle data networks, data security, VPNs, SANs, RADIUS, and two-factor authentication
- Directly worked with the purchasing and information technology support (ITS) staff to administer the ordering, receipt, and payment operations for the acquisition of new technology for both domestic and international markets
- Managed the development of requests for proposal (RFPs) and invitations for bid (IFBs) based on the datacenter, information systems infrastructure, and network systems
- Formulated and implemented capacity planning procedures to rate the application of network devices and hosted applications
- Took charge of installing and managing the datacenter infrastructure power, environmental optimization, and multiple operating systems, such as Microsoft Windows 2003 2012 and RHEL
Senior Datacenter Engineer
- Developed and administered operating system deployment infrastructure
- Held responsibility in installing, configuring, and administering numerous hardware and software, such as domestic and international server hardware, including Dell, HP, and IBM; and Schneider StruxureWare software to track and adjust the datacenter environmentals and control power consumption
- Coordinated with and monitored vendors on preventative maintenance and troubleshooting of various CAT Flywheel-UPS 300s, APC Symmetra 40kWs, Liebert 610s and APC 750-5000 series, as well as network connectivity issues, power issues, and new project concerns
- Communicated with customers and vendors to resolve and troubleshoot hardware and software issues
- Effectively troubleshot domestic and international extended warranty hardware issues by collaborating with Park Place Technologies and other warranty vendors
Senior Systems Specialist
- Fulfilled a wide range of tasks in installing, configuring, and managing various hardware and software, as follows:
- RSA 6.1 and 7.1, Steel Belted Radius, and Checkpoint Firewalls (NGX and Edge)
- TippingPoint Intrusion Prevention Systems, SMS, Juniper SRX firewalls, and Juniper SPACE applications
- VASCO Identikey/Digipass and RSA SecurID two factor authentication services
- VMware Infrastructure 3.5 and vSphere 4.0
- Pointsec /Checkpoint Whole Disk, File level, and Data Path Encryption World Wide
- McAfee/Nitro SIEM Devices, Juniper STRM, and PRTG log/event management application and appliance
- Nessus Security IBM Security AppScan Center and scanners companywide to validate NIST and FIPS standards
- Dealt with moderate troubleshooting and repair of RH Linux servers
- Provided effectual assistance in managing the Secure Zip Enterprise in accordance with both desktop and company policies worldwide
- Held responsibility in assessing, performing, and documenting the Riverbed Optimization and acceleration software
- Demonstrated technical expertise in troubleshooting and managing the Juniper Network Connect, Proxy, Pulse, and Checkpoint Secure Client Virtual Private Connection products
- Developed and configured various websites for both IIS 6.0 and Tomcat 6.0; including conducting patch management for various Microsoft Windows servers, such as SQL, IIS, and Clustering
- Assumed full accountability in troubleshooting F5 Load balancer and connectivity issues through IP, Firewall, and DNS
- Setup and administered various Microsoft Windows SQL 2000 and 2005 servers
- Decoded and resolved issues by coordinating with various customers
Security Systems Support Specialist
- Managed the installation and configuration of racks, servers, switches and workstations
- Carried out installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of Microsoft Windows server platforms supporting various security software packages, such as nDVR, Win-Pak, and Manitou
- Expertly employed remote desktop to render full coverage as well as in-person support
- Ensured proper maintenance of Win-Pak card access system throughout campus and remote locations
- Took charge of upgrading, installing, and configuring software and hardware of camera surveillance
- Facilitated personnel trainings regarding multiple systems and troubleshooting techniques