To join an established company in a systems analyst or administration role that will enable me to apply my extensive information technology background to produce solutions that exceed the demand of the environment. To fully engage my innovation and advanced skill set, the position should involve heterogeneous networked systems, server virtualization and storage area networks.
Highly motivated individual with ten years of wide - ranging IT experience leading people and project teams as a network operations manager, networked systems administrator, and system architect. Demonstrated communication skills and effectiveness working with a range of emerging technologies and their applications in multiple roles allow me to create and oversee the implementation of efficient solutions.
TECHNICAL SKILLS OVERVIEW:
Operating Systems: Apple OS X, Linux (Various flavors RPM, DEB and source based), Sun Solaris 8/9/10/Nevada Microsoft Windows, VMWare, XENServer
Servers: MS SQL 200x, MS Exchange 200x, MS Virtual Server, Apache, MySQL, Sun Java Enterprise System (Web, Messaging and Identity), Citrix Access Suite, Symantec Backup Exec, Sun Enterprise Backup System
Applications: MS Office, Sage MAS 200 and FAS 100, Sabretooth Technologies ROMS/QS2, MS Operations Manager, System Center, ISA 2006, Virtual PC, GFI LANGuard, VMWare Workstation, VirtualBox, ScriptLogic Desktop Authority, ScriptLogic Patch Authority Plus Shavlik NetChk Pro
Hardware: Sun x64 servers, SunFire (SPARC) midrange servers, Sun CoolThreads servers, Sun SunFire Blade systems, Dell Poweredge servers, workstations, HP Proliant Servers, IBM x-servers, Cisco Switches and Routers, Barracuda spam firewalls, Juniper NetScreen VPN/Firewall appliances, Leftand Networks IPSAN
Confidential, Hershey, PA
Network Operations Manager / Senior Networked Systems Administrator
- Oversee network operations activities including traffic monitoring, security measurements, end user audits, and hardware stability.
- Select, create and deploy next generation technology to increase end user productivity while keeping the investment of company resources to a minimum.
- Maintain availability of all network devices, servers, and services.
- Govern all aspects of the remote access systems such as Citrix Presentation Server (XenApp) farm, external email access, and VPNs.
- Maintain and test disaster recovery plans.
- Serve as lead architect and project manager for server virtualization and storage area networking configurations.
- Provision new servers and devices for application specific setups and configurations.
- Control decisions for major hardware and software purchases for the entire company.
- Lead a team in research, purchase, deployment and maintenance of non-POS hardware and software for 5 offices, 150 mobile users, and 270 stores as well as the data center.
- Provide backup administration support for database and communications servers.
- Provide technical assistance to network related issues to the store level and assist with advanced POS programming topics/issues.
- Provide technical feedback on store level technology research and development.
- Work with the Chief Financial Officer and Director of Human Resources to provide solutions for increased staff productivity.
Confidential, Harrisburg, PA.
- Deployed and integrated Pennsylvania State government applications and websites on IIS 5 and IIS 6.
- Coordinated with developers, agency staff, and the Application Management Team to ensure applications are deployed into the Commonwealth Technology Center Enterprise Server Farm under specific policy guidelines.
- Configured ISA 2004 servers to forward traffic from the Internet to web servers at other locations within the WAN.
- Coordinated rollout of monthly hot fixes and service packs to over 400 Windows 2000 and 2003 servers.
- Planned and implemented new process to ensure no servers were missed during the patch cycle and that at least one cluster node of each cluster remained online at all times.
- Created Change Management Requests that contained details of firewall policies, DNS record creation, hardware installations, and database specifications based on information provided by the agency.
- Provided backup support to administrators of the Citrix Metaframe, LiveStats web statistic, SharePoint Portal, and BEA Aqualogic Portal.
- Handled support tickets as described by the SLA, participated in an on-call 24/7 support rotation, and provided technical recommendations to agency personnel.
- Served as ColdFusion Instructor at Level 1 & 2.
- Taught classes in hardware, networking and security.
- Guided certification exam prep classes for A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA, and MCSE.
- Demonstrated practical use of network security tools such as Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer, Nessus, nmap, ethereal, ettercap, MS Network monitor. Taught the practice of least privileged network security.
- Demonstrated network and operating system hardening by teaching what services should be disabled and what port should be closed