- Configure/Manage/Troubleshoot CISCO ASA 5500 series, Palo Alto PA7080, PA - 5060, PA-VM100, Juniper SRX 1400, and PFsense firewalls.
- Configure/Troubleshoot Cisco routers (2600, 2911, 3800, & 7200, ASR1006), Cisco Nexus Switches (5K, 7K), and Cisco switches (C2900, C3560, C4500, C4900, & 6500)
- Configure/Troubleshoot Cisco wireless controller (AIR-WLC4402, and CT7510), and Cisco access point (AIR-CAP 2400, 3500, 3600, &3700)
- Configure/Manage/Troubleshoot F5 BIG-IP Local Traffic Manager (LTM), and Access Policy Manager.
- Configure/Troubleshoot CISCO CUCM v9.0, Cisco IP phone 7962, and Cisco IP Communicator v7.0
- Configure/Manage/Troubleshoot VMware NSX6, ESXI 5.0, vSphere 5.5, and Vcenter 5.5
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, and EIGRP), HSRP, STP, VLANs, VTP, Etherchannel, VPN, DHCP, DNS, Administrating and authentication control (Active Directory, Radius, RSA and TACACS+).
- Knowledge in network/server diagnostic tools PRTG, Cisco Prime, Splunk, WhatsUp Gold, Nagios, Wireshark, Cricket, Smocking, Alarm Management Software(AMS), Cisco telepresence management suite (TMS) and Riverbed.
- Configure/Support/troubleshoot/administrating Windows sever 2003, & 2008, Win 7, Win 8, Win 10 and Linux Ubuntu 14
Sr. Firewall Engineer
- Work directly with the DoS Perimeter Security customer to build, design, test, and deploy perimeter security solutions.
- Collaborate with technical SMEs on Enterprise wide solutions, participate in technical working groups, and contribute to technical advisory boards.
- Supports the compilation of records and reports concerning perimeter operations and maintenance to analyze the performance of perimeter security systems.
- Provides input to the problem management process, including assessing and evaluating software and hardware anomalies. Supports the root cause analysis efforts to determine problems and develop remediation activities. Interfaces with vendor support service groups to ensure proper support during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Supports the transition to operations of perimeter security devices.
- Collaborate with Cross-Bureaus and Agencies to implement network changes as it relates to perimeter security
- Supports the configuration testing of replacement perimeter devices
- Plans, documents, and implements hardware and software build and refresh
- Create and Maintain standard operating procedures and guides for new and/or existing perimeter hardware and software.
- Attend weekly teleconferences, onsite meetings, and participates in working groups, as related to constant changing security environment.
Confidential, Hagerstown, MD
- Managing applicable Confidential security documents such as Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Securing network system by enforcing policies, and defining and monitoring access
- Implement and test network architecture changes and implementation plans within a test environment.
- Provide Tier 3 Operations (troubleshooting and testing) Support.
- Support Cisco, Palo Alto, Juniper, Windows, F5, VMware and Bluecoat servers and appliances.
- Provide on-call and after-hours support.
- Maximize network performance by monitoring traffic flow, troubleshooting network problems and outages, and scheduling upgrades.
Confidential, Hagerstown, MD
- This effort includes expert support for operations and maintenance, configuration control, design recommendations for upgrades to key systems and Tier 3 support on the Confidential &D LAN, WiFi, Application Delivery Controller, VMware infrastructure technologies and VoIP network and related infrastructure including network design and physical installation of network devices and wiring. Also provide emerging project support to the Engineer Team, Project Lead, and Systems Administrator (SA) on as needed basis.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Troubleshooting a network environment consisting of Cisco routers, switches, wireless controllers and access points, logging and tracking problems, testing new links/network equipment for readiness, coordinating and scheduling downtime, and documenting daily work tasks and issues and communicating them with the rest of the team.
- Also administers daily operation of the Videoconferencing service.
Advanced Repair Agent
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring PC performance, document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal while providing excellent customer service.
- Assist customers with service/repair issues within the Standard Operating Platform (SOP) of the Precinct
Desktop Deployment Tech
- Order, receive, inventory, configure, and deploy all new hardware.
- Work on hardware issues, coordinate parts replacements, facilitate repairs, and assist with office LAN/WAN equipment and wiring.
Confidential, Baton Rouge. LA
- Work with telecom color-coded wires and cables (CAT5, Optical Fiber), install network equipment and Analyzes and troubleshoots basic technical problems or issues, entering calls into Help Desk Tracking System (Auto Task) as received; maintaining status notes on calls that are not immediately closed.