Confidential has multiple years of experience supporting IT Projects for federal organizations from both a technical and functional perspective. Confidential has experience with federal cyber security policies and standards including Confidential, FIPS, RMF, and FISMA requirements. Most recently Confidential has been working as a Cyber Security Consultant for Confidential in various roles relating to Risk Management Framework (RMF) and FISMA compliance, assisting various clients in evolving their security practices to be better prepared for upcoming FISMA audits.
- Understanding of Confidential rev1 rev4, FIPS 199, FIPS 200.
- Active Directory, LDAP, RSA Authentication Manager Administration.
- Experience with scanning tools such as Nessus and Symantec.
- Ability to perform risk assessments.
- Understanding of systems architecture in terms of network and security.
- Understanding of security vulnerabilities and how to mitigate them.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong writing and technical skills.
- Ability to work professionally and calmly in a fast paced environment while managing multiple tasks.
- Fast learner and ability to adapt to changing environments.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
Cyber Security Consultant, Arlington, VA
- Assisted with Confidential Risk Management Framework (RMF) efforts with several clients/projects; support included activities such as: architecture analysis, security control implementation, RMF artifacts creation and/or review to ensure security best practices were in place.
- Assessed government systems to help ensure clients were prepared for upcoming audits and were meeting FISMA standards and also improving overall system maturity levels.
- Created RMF documents ex: Contingency Plans, Access Control Plans, Risk Assessment Plans, Identification and Authentication Plans, etc…
- Assisted in ensuring client systems had security controls from Confidential REV in place to ensure FISMA compliance.
- Led numerous efforts of creating slide decks based on FISMA Metric questions and analysis to prepare team for presenting deliverables to clients.
Technical Support Engineer, Reston, VA
- Supported Cyber Security/Risk work for the U.S. Geological Survey by ensuring Information Systems obtain and retain Authority to Operate (ATO’s) by keeping necessary Assessment and Authorization (A&A) documentation up to date.
- Work with business teams to analyze and maintain application administration and access security requirements to ensure that application security processes meet security standards Define, develop, and deploy security roles as needed.
- Utilize Active Directory (AD) to create and manage user accounts, Group Policy in accordance with organizational Access Control policies.
- Perform routine Access re’s to ensure network accounts are disabled in a timely manner and least privilege is enforced.
- Utilize Symantec Endpoint Protection to perform regular network scanning to ensure all PC’s have up to date security patches.
- Enforced Roles Based Access Controls (RBAC) and Profile Management for Windows based system.
- Oversaw the laptop deployment process consisting of Imaging PCs, software installation, and full - disk encryption.
IT Support Analyst, Herndon, VA
- Utilize the RSA Authentication Manager platform for RSA Token distribution and maintenance, as well as monitor logs to detect unusual activity.
- Utilize the BMC Remedy system to create and track support tickets for clients, as well as perform analysis of trends to detect and minimize recurring issues.
- Assist end users of all levels with Client/Server/Network related issues, errors,, and general use by phone, email, face-to-face; working to resolve as many incidents as possible at the engineer level.
- Coordinate software/hardware problems with Network Operations Center and Duty Officer in accordance with the Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Diagnose and resolve client software and hardware issues by remoting into client workstations using Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) and Cisco WebEx.
- Assist in the deployment of Microsoft patches on a routine basis across the enterprise.
- Troubleshoot access issues associated with Active Directory and LDAP.
- Troubleshoot, install, upgrade, and maintain desktop and notebook computers as well as printers and scanners.
IT Helpdesk/Network, Fairfax, VA
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of network hardware.
- Hardware replacement and testing to ensure consistency and operability of Network.
- Provide timely responses to client and management requests. Eminence updates on such requests needs to be provided on a standard basis.
- Follow set policies and measures when assisting with Network hardware upgrades.
- Responsible for all D Confidential Recovery, Back-ups, Imaging, and Ghosting.
- Assist in new hire to ensure successful integration into the team.
- Maintain a professional attitude and provide excellent customer service at all times, to include maintaining a good work ethic and assisting other colleagues when needed.