7+ year career in DevOps/Cloud Development, Automation, Scripting and Containerization being the stronghold. Migrated different Cloud technologies that extended my skillset in Cloud and troubleshooting areas .
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Google cloud Platform
- PowerShell, Python & Shell
- Selenium, Junit, JMeter
- ServiceNow, PagerDuty, Jira
- GIT, SVN, Cloud Bees
- Cassandra DB, Mongo DB
- Ansible, Chef & Puppet
- Splunk, Prometheus, Sumologic
- Maven & Ant
- Linux & Unix
- Octopus Deploy splunk
- Zabbix, Nagios
- Nginix, JBoss, Apache
Cloud & Infrastructure Specialist
Confidential, Tampa, FL
- Designed, configured and deployed Azure Automation Scripts for a multitude of applications utilizing the Azure stack (Including Compute, Web Mobile, Blobs, ADF, Resource Groups, HDInsight Clusters, Azure SQL, Cloud Services, and ARM), Services and Utilities focusing on Automation.
- Worked on POC to migrate to Microsoft Azure to address scalability and performance issues. Designed, configured and deployed Microsoft Azure for a multitude of applications utilizing the Azure stack (Including Compute, Web & Mobile, Blobs, ADF, Resource Groups, Azure SQL DW, Cloud Services and ARM focusing on high - availability, Disaster Recovery, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling).
- Migrated the application from Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) to Platform as a Service (PaaS) by converting existing solution to Windows Azure Worker Role.
- Configured VMs availability sets using Azure portal to provide resiliency for IaaS based solution and scale sets using Azure Resource Manager to manage network traffic.
- Worked on Server less services ( Azure Functions) created and configured HTTP Triggers in Azure Functions with Application insights for monitoring and performing load testing on the Applications using the VSTS .
- Architected, planned, developed & maintained Azure Infrastructure using Terraform templates to build staging and production environments.
- Implement deploy and configure Azure websites, configure diagnostics, monitoring and analytics on Azure Platform along with scale and resilience for Azure Web sites.
- Created Terraform scripts and shell scripts to automate the spin-up of the cloud resources, application and admin clusters, Load balancers, Drone, spinnaker, storage buckets and applied these scripts using a CI pipeline.
- Hands on experience on using Terraform along with packer to create custom machine images and Ansible to install software’s after the infrastructure is provisioned.
- Experience in deploying Kubernetes Cluster on Azure cloud with master/minion architecture and wrote many YAML files to create many services like pods, deployments, auto scaling, load balancers, labels, health checks, Namespaces, Config Map, etc.
- Utilized Ansible and Packer to build Jenkins master AMI. This includes Groovy to configure plugins configuration files and jobs deployed with DSL plug-in, Ruby and Vagrant file to help with testing of that AMI and a Python script to help rotate old versions of the AMI.
- Created inventory, job templates and scheduling jobs using Ansible Tower. Downloaded and managed Ansible roles from Ansible Galaxy to automate the infrastructure. Implemented and designed Azure virtual servers by Ansible roles to ensure deployment of web applications.
- Implemented BLUE GREEN deployment to maintain zero downtime to deploy process in Tomcat, WebLogic and JBoss using Python and PowerShell scripts to automate log rotation of multiple logs from web servers and automating administration tasks.
- Managing Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles. Created inventory in Ansible for automating the continuous deployment.
- Created Drone.yml files and Custom Docker Images to create CI pipelines on Drone and Used manifest files to build CD pipelines in spinnaker and created Istio rules to manage traffic.
- Designed distributed private cloud system solution using Kubernetes (Docker) on CoreOS and used it to deploy scale, load balance and manage Docker containers with multiple name spaced versions.
- Deployed CoreOS Kubernetes Clusters to manage Docker containers in the production environment with light weight Docker Images as base files.
- Worked on several prototype projects involving clustered container orchestration and management. Contributed a MySQL cluster application to the Kubernetes project.
- Built Jenkins pipeline to drive all microservices builds to Docker registry and deploy to Kubernetes.
- Experience in managing the repository manager like Nexus for the Maven builds. Integrated Maven with Jenkins by which the Surefire test reports and Javadoc produced by Maven are captured and to build parallel modules for larger maven projects.
- Expertise with GIT as source code management tool for creating the local repo, cloning the repo, adding, committing and pushing the changes in the local repo.
- Defined dependencies and plugins in Maven POM.xml for various activities and integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Collaborate with internal teams to integrate data feeds to a centralized Splunk platform.
- Developed automation scripting in PowerShell using ansible to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Execute Load/Performance Tests that integrate workloads from multiple teams. Performed scalability, performance and load testing using Jmeter(system analysis, creating virtual user environment, defining user behavior, running load test scenario, monitoring the performance, analyzing results).
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to understand project objectives, gather performance automation requirements, design automated tests, troubleshoot issues, and implement scalable performance test automation solutions.
Cloud Support Engineer
Confidential, Seattle, WA
- Involved in designing and deploying a multitude of applications utilizing almost all the AWS stack including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, LAMBDA, REDSHIFT, focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance and auto-scaling in AWS cloud formation
- Experience in configuring AWS cloud infrastructure as code using terraform and continuous deployment through Jenkins.
- Utilized AWS Cloud Formation and AWS OpsWorks to deploy the infrastructure using Chef that is necessary to create development, test and production environments for a software development project.
- Launched EC2 instances with various AMI's and Configured Application Servers on those instances by deploying a code in AWS ElasticBeanstalk.
- Virtualized the servers on AWS using the Docker, create the Docker files and version control to achieve Continuous Delivery goal on high scalable environment, used Docker coupled with load-balancing Nginx.
- Experience in maintaining Amazon Web Services and Hands on experience in Architecting Legacy Data Migration projects such as Teradata to AWS Redshift, Teradata to Snowflake Migration, AWS from on-premises.
- Converted existing AWS infrastructure to server-less architecture (AWS Lambda) and deployed it via Terraform.
- Migrated data from Datacenters and on-premises to Cloud using AWS Import/Export Snowball service.
- Defined several terraform modules such as compute, Network, Operations, Users to reuse in different environments.
- Implemented Chef Cookbooks for OS component configuration to keep AWS server's template minimal.
- Expertise in using Docker to containerize custom web application and deploy them on Ubuntu instance through SWARM Cluster and to automate the application deployment in cloud using Vagrant.
- Writing Docker files with best practices along with Docker linting, Docker container management along with volumes, container based DB and services, Docker Artifactory (Jfrog) configuration and setup.
- Deployed and configured Chef Server and Chef Solo including bootstrapping of Chef client nodes for provisioning; Created roles, cookbooks, recipes, and data bags for server configuration, deployment, and app stack build outs.
- Installed workstation, bootstrapped nodes, wrote recipes and cookbooks and uploaded them to chef server, managed on-site OS/applications/services/ packages using chef
- Performed automating tasks using chef cookbooks, creating profiles, manifests for new servers, and pushing them to servers.
- Written Chef Cookbooks and recipes to Provision several pre-prod environments of Cassandra DB installations, Web Logic domain creations and several proprietary middleware installations.
- Setup monitoring in Splunk through Chef (roles, nodes, data bags) in JSON and wrote custom monitoring plugins as needed.
- With the help of Sonarqube, got the list of issues from the components (project, module, file etc.) responsible for upgradation of Sonarqube using upgrade center
- Created Jenkins jobs for continuously building the projects and integrated Jenkins with SonarQube for code inspection and stored the artifacts in Nexus. Wrote Groovy script in Jenkins jobs to do pre-and post-build operations.
- Proficient in end-end CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code, compile applications, perform tests and push build artifacts to Nexus.
- Designing and implementing CI (Continuous Integration) system configuring Jenkins servers, Jenkins nodes, creating required scripts (Python), and creating/configuring VMs (Windows/Linux).
- Configured Git with Jenkins and schedule jobs using POLL SCM option and integrated to automate the code checkout process.
- Strong experience with installing and configuring ELK, and BEATS on bare metal and clouds (VMWare). Configured the API with KIBANA to check the logs which internally uses the ELK search.
- Responsible in creating the entire architecture from scratch using Python BOTO3 framework and integrated that application to Amazon Aurora.
- Created Python scripts to automate AWS services which include web servers, ELB, Cloud front distribution, database, EC2 and database security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration, this script creates stacks, single servers, or joins web servers to stacks.
- Involved, designed & managed JIRA/Confluence queries, dashboards for metrics reporting for various teams.
Confidential, Pasadena, CA
- Excellent understanding of continuous integration process flow, good experience with continuous deployment tools such as Jenkins, code repositories like Github .
- Liable to resolve the merge conflicts in several occasion to keep the feature, Develop and Master branch clean and up to date.
- Configuring and managing of Chef Master server: updating and creating modules and pushing them to Chef Clients.
- Managed and set up Chef Infra, bootstrapping nodes, creating and uploading recipes, node convergence in Chef SCM.
- Deployed custom applications using Chef, executed schema updates with Liquibase and coordinated with Jenkins.
- Maintained Puppet servers and management application that can use ServiceNow (CI) data to bring computers into a desired state by managing files, services, or packages installed on physical or virtual machines.
- Peer Reviewing of puppet Code and Testing modules with rspec- puppet before uploading to puppet server. Hands-on experience on using Mcollective, Hiera in conjunction with puppet modules.
- Integrated Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline. Currently installed Chef Server and clients to pick up the Build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA, and Production)
- Manage re-architecture of Jenkins and integration with Confluence for release management and documentation assets. Re architect a Maven based system reducing build times.
- Worked with project development teams following Agile methodologies that design source code branching, release life cycles and CI/CD pipelines based on pace and project deliverables.
- Assisted developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling conventions using GIT source control.
- Used Splunk APM for log aggregation and analysis on different application servers and integrating the Splunk with Single Sign-On authentication and ServiceNow ticketing tool.
- Designed and Developed feature in Python frameworks to automate File System and database Performance, High Availability tests for scale-out converged appliance solutions decreasing the manual process by 80%.
- Ability to troubleshooting network services and protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, AD, LDAP, SSH, FTP, NFS, NIS, AUTOFS, SMTP, SSL, HTTP, IIS and Apache..
- Design & manage JIRA / Confluence queries, dashboards for metrics reporting for various teams.
- Build Splunk dashboards using XML and Advanced XML as well as Created Scheduled Alerts for Application Teams for Real Time Monitoring.
- Integrated Splunk Enterprise with DynaTrace to monitor the performance of the application, managing Splunk Forwarder on centralized deployment server.
- Implemented the use of Nagios tool for monitoring and analyzing the network loads on the individual machines by enforcing Nagios monitoring, notifications and dashboard to exhibit various metrics using shell scripting and add-ons.
- Worked on variety of Linux platforms RedHat Linux, Solaris which includes installation, configuring and maintenance of applications on this environment.
Build & Release Engineer
Confidential, Palo Alto, CA
- Utilized Jump start for OS installation with support of Jump Start server. Configured large file system with Solaris ZFS. Excellent Experience in Installation, Configuration and Volume/File system management using Logical Volume Manager (LVM) in Linux and Solaris Volume Manager (SVM) in Solaris .
- Created Jenkins file in the root of a repository that contains a definition of Jenkins Pipeline to automatically manage and execute jobs based on repository branches.
- Configured Git with Jenkins & automated the build process through SCM polling. Created post-commit & pre-push hooks using Python in Git repositories. Resolved merging issues during rebasing & re-integrating branches .
- Implemented LDAP integration to filter the security for the Prod, Dev and Test environment for Deployment jobs in Jenkins.
- Responsible for installing Jenkins master and slave nodes and scheduled the jobs using Poll SCM option and created the build scripts using Maven for Java projects.
- Involved in Installing and configuring GIT distributed version control tool, written pre-commit, post-commit, post-receive hooks in GIT and responsible for merging, tagging and conflict resolution in GIT.
- Worked on migrating applications from subversion to GIT-Stash. Managed git flow workflow, repository access control, security and backups.
- Defined dependencies and plugins in Maven pom.xml for various activities and integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Deployment of build artifacts like wars and ears into a WebLogic app server by integrating the WLST scripts to Shell Scripts.
- Worked on Nagios Dashboard with creating custom alerts and plugins to monitor application filesystems. Experience in monitoring servers with NRPE plugin in Nagios tool.
- Experience in writing Jira API Tools to auto-move Service Desk tickets of one issue type to a Jira project of another issue type and to extract the list of Jira users with the respective Jira Groups and Project Roles.
- Created and modified application related objects, created Profiles, users, roles and maintained system security.
- Installed operating system on multiple machines using Kick Start .
- Performed server updates, patching, upgrade and package installations using RPM and YUM.
- Monitored System Activities like CPU, Memory, Disk and Swap space usage to avoid any performance issues.
- Installation, integration and management of data backup/recovery solutions. Management and configuration of VMWare virtual machines running Oracle/Sun Solaris X86/64, Red Hat Enterprise
- Linux and Oracle Linux server. Installed and configured various services like DNS, LDAP, DHCP, RPM, Send mail, Apache Web Server, Web Logic, NIS, SSH, Tomcat, Telnet, HTTP, HACMP, GPFS, SSL, NetApp, RPM Package Management and others.
- Installing and configuring SSH (Secure Shell) encryption to access securely on Ubuntu and Red hat Linux.
- Created and modified application related objects, created Profiles, users, roles and maintained system security.
- Installed operating system on multiple machines using Kick Start.
- Experienced in writing Shell Scripts in Bash, C-shell and in Linux to automate the tasks.
- Managing systems routine backup, scheduling jobs like disabling and enabling cron jobs, enabling system logging, network logging of servers for maintenance, performance tuning, testing.
- Performed OS installations, OS Upgrades , and Server Patching by configuring PXE and DHCP server using Kickstart Configuration and by using Red Hat Satellite server.
- Maintained JIRA for tracking and updating project defects and tasks.